How do you get rid of white borders that appear when you print?

I'm printing a full 8 1/2 by 11 flyer and want the color to print completely
on the page.  There is a graphic that has white in it so I need to have the
printing put the background color.  I have tried both to apply the color as a
background and as a shape that is filled in but both times when I go to print
I have a white border.  I have adjusted the page size and the grid size to go
to the edges.  I can't find anywhere on the page set up menu where I can
adjust the margins.

Thanks

This is a printer limitation. Newer Canon inkjets, some HP's and I'm not
sure what else are capable of borderless printing. If your printer is
capable of borderless printing, the option for that is in the print driver
menu's. What is the make and model of your printer? The only way you will
end up with white printing is to use white paper.
--
Ron Cohen

"ledwallace" <ledwallace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm printing a full 8 1/2 by 11 flyer and want the color to print
> completely
> on the page.  There is a graphic that has white in it so I need to have
> the
> printing put the background color.  I have tried both to apply the color
> as a
> background and as a shape that is filled in but both times when I go to
> print
> I have a white border.  I have adjusted the page size and the grid size to
> go
> to the edges.  I can't find anywhere on the page set up menu where I can
> adjust the margins.
>
> Thanks

0
Ron
6/21/2005 10:16:47 PM
Thanks.  I was just about to look at the printer limitations.  I have a HP
1210 and I think that may be the problem.  Which is not as big of an issue
because I will have to have these printed in bulk elsewhere.

Thanks again.

"Ron Cohen" wrote:

> This is a printer limitation. Newer Canon inkjets, some HP's and I'm not
> sure what else are capable of borderless printing. If your printer is
> capable of borderless printing, the option for that is in the print driver
> menu's. What is the make and model of your printer? The only way you will
> end up with white printing is to use white paper.
> --
> Ron Cohen
>
> "ledwallace" <ledwallace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm printing a full 8 1/2 by 11 flyer and want the color to print
> > completely
> > on the page.  There is a graphic that has white in it so I need to have
> > the
> > printing put the background color.  I have tried both to apply the color
> > as a
> > background and as a shape that is filled in but both times when I go to
> > print
> > I have a white border.  I have adjusted the page size and the grid size to
> > go
> > to the edges.  I can't find anywhere on the page set up menu where I can
> > adjust the margins.
> >
> > Thanks

You want to ask the printer if they can/will accept Publisher files.
Unfortunately not all of them do.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> Thanks.  I was just about to look at the printer limitations.  I have a HP
> 1210 and I think that may be the problem.  Which is not as big of an issue
> because I will have to have these printed in bulk elsewhere.
>
> Thanks again.
>

> "Ron Cohen" wrote:
>
>> This is a printer limitation. Newer Canon inkjets, some HP's and I'm not
>> sure what else are capable of borderless printing. If your printer is
>> capable of borderless printing, the option for that is in the print
>> driver
>> menu's. What is the make and model of your printer? The only way you will
>> end up with white printing is to use white paper.
>> --
>> Ron Cohen
>>
>> "ledwallace" <ledwallace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm printing a full 8 1/2 by 11 flyer and want the color to print
>> > completely
>> > on the page.  There is a graphic that has white in it so I need to have
>> > the
>> > printing put the background color.  I have tried both to apply the
>> > color
>> > as a
>> > background and as a shape that is filled in but both times when I go to
>> > print
>> > I have a white border.  I have adjusted the page size and the grid size
>> > go
>> > to the edges.  I can't find anywhere on the page set up menu where I
>> > can
>> > adjust the margins.
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
jl_amerson (3088)
6/22/2005 12:18:02 AM
JoAnn

I am no HP printer expert, but I think that in newer models, the paperfeed
allows full page printing in a way that older models couldn't.. looking
through the slot in front gives little away..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> You want to ask the printer if they can/will accept Publisher files.
> Unfortunately not all of them do.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "ledwallace" <ledwallace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks.  I was just about to look at the printer limitations.  I have a
>> HP
>> 1210 and I think that may be the problem.  Which is not as big of an
>> issue
>> because I will have to have these printed in bulk elsewhere.
>>
>> Thanks again.
>>

>> "Ron Cohen" wrote:
>>
>>> This is a printer limitation. Newer Canon inkjets, some HP's and I'm not
>>> sure what else are capable of borderless printing. If your printer is
>>> capable of borderless printing, the option for that is in the print
>>> driver
>>> menu's. What is the make and model of your printer? The only way you
>>> will
>>> end up with white printing is to use white paper.
>>> --
>>> Ron Cohen
>>>
>>> "ledwallace" <ledwallace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

You misread my comment.  :-) I didn't say to check with his printer
manufacturer, I said "ask the printer". Literally. He mentioned getting the
printing done elsewhere.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> JoAnn
>
> I am no HP printer expert, but I think that in newer models, the paperfeed
> allows full page printing in a way that older models couldn't.. looking
> through the slot in front gives little away..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have kept
> it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland
>

> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> You want to ask the printer if they can/will accept Publisher files.
>> Unfortunately not all of them do.
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "ledwallace" <ledwallace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks.  I was just about to look at the printer limitations.  I have a
>>> HP
>>> 1210 and I think that may be the problem.  Which is not as big of an
>>> issue
>>> because I will have to have these printed in bulk elsewhere.
>>>
>>> Thanks again.

0
jl_amerson (3088)
6/22/2005 12:39:21 AM
Will do.  Thanks.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> You want to ask the printer if they can/will accept Publisher files.
> Unfortunately not all of them do.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "ledwallace" <ledwallace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks.  I was just about to look at the printer limitations.  I have a HP
> > 1210 and I think that may be the problem.  Which is not as big of an issue
> > because I will have to have these printed in bulk elsewhere.
> >
> > Thanks again.
> >

> > "Ron Cohen" wrote:
> >
> >> This is a printer limitation. Newer Canon inkjets, some HP's and I'm not
> >> sure what else are capable of borderless printing. If your printer is
> >> capable of borderless printing, the option for that is in the print
> >> driver
> >> menu's. What is the make and model of your printer? The only way you will
> >> end up with white printing is to use white paper.
> >> --
> >> Ron Cohen
> >>
> >> "ledwallace" <ledwallace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

And there was me thinking that the pressure of your new job had gotten you
talking to printers.. lol.. I talk at mine on occasion, but never to it..

--

> You misread my comment.  :-) I didn't say to check with his printer
> manufacturer, I said "ask the printer". Literally. He mentioned getting
> the printing done elsewhere.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> JoAnn
>>
>> I am no HP printer expert, but I think that in newer models, the
>> paperfeed allows full page printing in a way that older models couldn't..
>> looking through the slot in front gives little away..
>>
>> --
>> Mike Hall
>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>>
>> "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have
>> kept it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland
>>

>> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> You want to ask the printer if they can/will accept Publisher files.
>>> Unfortunately not all of them do.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> JoAnn Paules
>>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>>

>>> "ledwallace" <ledwallace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

All I done this week is mutter to myself and talk to dustbunnies.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> And there was me thinking that the pressure of your new job had gotten you
> talking to printers.. lol.. I talk at mine on occasion, but never to it..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have kept
> it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland
>

> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> You misread my comment.  :-) I didn't say to check with his printer
>> manufacturer, I said "ask the printer". Literally. He mentioned getting
>> the printing done elsewhere.
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>>> JoAnn
>>>
>>> I am no HP printer expert, but I think that in newer models, the
>>> paperfeed allows full page printing in a way that older models
>>> couldn't.. looking through the slot in front gives little away..
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mike Hall
>>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have
>>> kept it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland
>>>

>>> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
jl_amerson (3088)
6/22/2005 3:21:43 AM
Those damn things are dangerous one bit my foot this morning...man =
they're annoying.

| All I done this week is mutter to myself and talk to dustbunnies.
|=20
| --=20
|=20
| JoAnn Paules
| MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
|=20
|=20
|=20
| "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message=20
| > And there was me thinking that the pressure of your new job had =
gotten you=20
| > talking to printers.. lol.. I talk at mine on occasion, but never to =
it..

| > --=20
| > Mike Hall
| > MVP - Windows Shell/User
| >
| > "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would =
have kept=20
| > it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland
| >

| > "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message=20
| >> You misread my comment.  :-) I didn't say to check with his printer =

| >> manufacturer, I said "ask the printer". Literally. He mentioned =
getting=20
| >> the printing done elsewhere.
| >>
| >> --=20
| >>
| >> JoAnn Paules
| >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
| >>

| >> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message =

| >=20
|=20

0
webmaster911 (1600)
6/22/2005 3:31:01 AM
Are they more talkative than HP's?

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> All I done this week is mutter to myself and talk to dustbunnies.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> And there was me thinking that the pressure of your new job had gotten
>> you talking to printers.. lol.. I talk at mine on occasion, but never to
>> it..
>>
>> --
>> Mike Hall
>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>>
>> "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have
>> kept it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland
>>

>> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> You misread my comment.  :-) I didn't say to check with his printer
>>> manufacturer, I said "ask the printer". Literally. He mentioned getting
>>> the printing done elsewhere.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> JoAnn Paules
>>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>>

>>> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Depends on what I'm drinking.  ;-) My HP here at home is fairly quiet. The
dustbunnies just kept whispering reminders that I could go back to my
regular job tomorrow.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> Are they more talkative than HP's?
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have kept
> it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland
>

> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> All I done this week is mutter to myself and talk to dustbunnies.
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>>> And there was me thinking that the pressure of your new job had gotten
>>> you talking to printers.. lol.. I talk at mine on occasion, but never to
>>> it..
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mike Hall
>>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have
>>> kept it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland
>>>

>>> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
jl_amerson (3088)

Printing Newsletter in Publisher 2003

How to get XML data out of an XML file

I have a data table that looks like this: Code ------------------- STR-S SNK-S STR-K STR-F SNK-S STR-3 STR-2 STR-F SNK-S SNK-4 SNK-S STR-3 SNK-F STR-4 STR-O ------------------- "STR", etc at the beginning are pitch types, SNK is Sinker for example The end character is the result of the pitch, a 4 would be a home run, 3 a triple, and so forth. O is out, F is foul, S is strike --- you ge it. How can I figure the amount of RBI's? I know that it's 5, but I can' think of any automated way to calculate this, anyone got any ideas? THANK YOU!! :confused -- AVER...

Get at messages in queue
Is it possible to get at the undeliverable messages that are held in a queue (eg to check the message body or redirect undeliverable messages). I would like to be able to selectively forward them to an alternate email address or to archive them to a PST etc rather than just deleting them? Thanks Alan ...

How to get paper size from dmPaperSize returned from GetDevMode?
For example, dmPaperSize returns 1 which is DMPAPER_LETTER, how do I calculate the paper size like in this case 8.5"x11"? There are so many paper sizes, is there any function call to calculate based on the return value of dmPaperSize or mapping between the value of dmPapersize and actual size? Thank you. The reason I asked the question was because dmPaperLength and dmPaperWidth are 0 for some printers. Also, my HP laserjet returns as a color printer (dmColor = 2) from GetDevMode call. Anyone knows why? ...

Can't edit print styles in Outlook 2007

Appearance
I had a box on the left side of my e-mail screen showing things like deleted mail, view deleted mail, etc, this has disapeared any help on how to retreive it? -- bkk "bkk" <bkk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4388CF18-F122-4C61-B925-E9DAB3D8B1C1@microsoft.com... >I had a box on the left side of my e-mail screen showing things like >deleted > mail, view deleted mail, etc, this has disapeared any help on how to > retreive it? > -- > bkk View>Layout>Folder List -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. htt...

How do I get text to copy from one cell to another ?
Type = in the target cell. MouseClick the cell containing text. Pres Enter key -- Brian ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BrianB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27034 ...

Colour negative border differently
Does anyone know if there's a way to colour the negative borders in a bar chart differently if they are negative (otther than cycling through each point individually and colouring them). One can use 'invert if negative' with a fill but in a bar chart with a lot of points you only see the border. Kind regards, Mark Hi, Have a look at Jon's example of conditional charts. You can format the columns interior and border. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy Mark Stephens wrote: > Does anyone know if there's a way to colour the neg...

Cannot Print a selection of ToDo's
I have a user who is having an issue when attempting to print a selection of his Todo list. The print dialog will appear but as soon as he clicks either print or print preview the dialog dissapears and no jobs are sent to the print que. He is able to print other documents to this printer and the issue occurs with all other printers installed (including a PDF printer). Computer is running Vista business 32 bit w/ Vista SP2. Office 2007 Small Business with Office SP2. ...

Changing default Print copies
Hi, I have a workbook that has a worksheet with default printing copies of 3. Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up the print dialog. I have also looked through the VBA editor at the worksheet for any oddities and have found none. Does anyone know how to change this permanently? Thanks in advance. Pach >Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to > print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up > the print dialog. Look at the defaults for you...

Can't get rules to run.
I can't get Outlook 2003 rules to run. I am getting my mail from a pop3 account and would like to have new mail sorted to specific folders when it arrives. I set up the rules as I did in previous versions of outlook, but they do not run automatically. I can run the rules manually and they will move the mail. I have this rule (for example Apply this rule after the message arrive from some@email.address and on this machine only move it to the somefolder folde I have tried deselecting on this machine only Thanks. Do you have an Exchange service in this profile? Are you using Cache...

tasks entered in taskpad don't appear in task folder
All of the tasks that I have entered via the taskpad do not appear in the task folder, what am I doing wrong or do I have the wrong expectation? OL98/WinXP John Keith kd0gd@juno.com What view are you using on your Tasks folder? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "John Keith" <kd0gd@juno.com> wrote in message = news:6grrm0hkagessu2ecc0bj81pc41aarq39r@4ax.com... | All of the tasks that I have...

printer not printing in black or red
I have an Epsom sx200 printer, I have recently changed the red and the black ink and now it will not print in these colours. I can not open the ink unit to check it is replaced correctly, the ink that I have used is different to the normal Epsom ink that I have been using in the past (more ink for less money). please could someone help? Thanks Andy Not in a Word forum! It's not impossible that Epson will claim you voided your warranty by using alien inks. On May 23, 7:30=A0am, Andy Banks <Andy Ba...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an Epsom sx200 pri...

Getting same number to appear over and again
Hi. I'm trying to change the E's I have entered in a column to 1's. However, in lieu of changing them one by one, I would like to do them all in one fell swoop. Any suggestions? John Hi John You could use find and replace. Select all of your data. Goto Edit>Find Find what:- E Replace with:- 1 HTH Martin John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel group. And do a google search for newsgroup etiquette!! John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel group. And do a google search for newsgroup etiquette!! John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel ...

Why do my questions get deleted sometimes?
Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too... I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then, my messages get deleted. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong. Many of my messages ARE posted and answered, and I'm grateful for that, but one or two get removed - regardless of how often I post them. I don't swear or say anything bad about Excel - I love it. So why don't they get posted are there some words or subjects that I should avoid? Will this one get deleted - it's a bit off subject? But I'd love to have an ans...

Getting right date value
I setup my DTPicker control to be used only as a date control, yet I'm noticing that sometimes it will give back a date AND a time all in the same "value" variable. Since it appears that a variable of type "Date" can give back both a date and time, how can I eliminate the time half of a date value??? I might not be able to exactly control the DTPicker control to give me JUST a date, so I'm just curious what to do if it gives me back both a date & time. thank u Hi, Try this : Dim x as date x = cdate(clng(DTPicker1.value)) &qu...

appearance of the real name in "sent"
I posted a message yesterday but nobody answered. So I try to do it again. I cannot find the answer to this question in help (OL 2000). I setup my contact list, with the names, the way I want them to appear, the email address etc... When I want to send an email, I click on the contact I want, action, etc... When it is sent, it appears with the email of the person. For example, I would like "John" to appear, and I get (and he too) say.. john@msn.com. It would be more friendly, and more polite and I know it can be done, as I receive some to my name. anonymous@discussions.m...

Become MCSE Certified and get $43,000+ Salary per year
QmVjb21lIE1DU0UgQ2VydGlmaWVkIGFuZCBnZXQgJDQzLDAwMCsgU2FsYXJ5IHBlciB5ZWFyCkhp LApTdGFydCB5b3VyIGJyaWdodCBjYXJlZXIgd2l0aCBNQ1NFIENlcnRpZmljYXRpb24gYW5kIGdl dCAkNDMsMTIyLjUwCihhY2NvcmRpbmcgdG8gYWJvdXQuY29tIHNhbGFyeSBzdXJ2ZXkpLiBWaXNp dCBodHRwOi8vd3d3LkZyZWVFeGFtS2luZy5jb20KZm9yIE1DU0UgQ2VydGlmaWNhdGlvbiwgRnJl ZSBQcmFjdGljZSBFeGFtcywgRnJlZSBTdHVkeSBNYXRlcmlhbCAvCkJvb2tzIGFuZCBGcmVlIER1 bXBzIIWFCj09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09 PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09Cg== ...

modify contact address when account address gets modified
Hi, How do I ripple my changes from company level to the related contacts ? For example the main company phone number and the main address ? Do I need a product like Scribe for this, or can this be done with the workflow ? Thanks for any advice Wim You can't do this with workflow, and I don't believe Scribe can do this (though I may be wrong - I've only used Scribe for one project). I would think that you'd need to create a post callout using the SDK. There is more info at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2microsoftcrmversi...

don't understand MkDir in Windoze, get runtime error
I want to create the "c:\test" directory if it isn't already created. If it is created I want it to do nothing. So the first time I run my sub procedure it does create the directory but the second time I run it, it does not do nothing it gives me a runtime error. "Path/file access error on the MkDir line. So I guess I need a better test than the one I have? Can you help? tia, If Dir(STR_DIRECTORY_PATH) = "" Then MkDir STR_DIRECTORY_PATH Else End If That is because the directory already exists..... so, try: ? dir("c:\oem",vbDirectory)...

11x17 Printing
I am having problems with printing a 11x17 document to a Konica Minolta C-350 purchased in May of 2005. I am on a time cruch and would appreciate any help. Are you the same person who posted the same question earlier this week? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mulkey" <Mulkey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F57FAAC5-C73A-4C07-B1D1-7E32E3481B3E@microsoft.com... >I am having problems with printing a 11x17 document to a Konica Minolta >C-350 > purchased in May of 2005. I am on a time cruch and would appreciate any > help. I may...