How do you find and edit the dictionary in Publisher?

I want to delete words in the Publsiher dictionary.  Can't find it!  Can edit
dictionary in Word.
0
chuckthe3 (1)

Isn't the Word dictionary the one used in Publisher?

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"chuckthe3" <chuckthe3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to delete words in the Publsiher dictionary.  Can't find it!  Can
edit
> dictionary in Word.

0
Retired (261)
11/21/2004 8:50:46 AM
You can change your custom dictionary in your newsreader (Outlook Express), tools,
options, spelling tab, edit custom dictionary.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"chuckthe3" <chuckthe3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to delete words in the Publsiher dictionary.  Can't find it!  Can edit
> dictionary in Word.

0
gsauer (5093)
11/21/2004 9:14:56 AM

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You can change your custom dictionary in your newsreader (Outlook Express), tools,
> options, spelling tab, edit custom dictionary.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
> "chuckthe3" <chuckthe3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to delete words in the Publsiher dictionary.  Can't find it!  Can edit
> > dictionary in Word.

0
tc1 (130)
10/11/2005 6:54:05 PM

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You can change your custom dictionary in your newsreader (Outlook Express), tools,
> options, spelling tab, edit custom dictionary.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
> "chuckthe3" <chuckthe3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to delete words in the Publsiher dictionary.  Can't find it!  Can edit
> > dictionary in Word.
>

> How do i change the spelling language dictionary for MS Publisher 2003,  In outlook it says English UK in Word it says English UK but Publisher says English US and i cant find any option to change it.
0
tc1 (130)
10/11/2005 6:55:08 PM
It is the same dictionary...

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"tc" <tc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> You can change your custom dictionary in your newsreader (Outlook Express), tools,
>> options, spelling tab, edit custom dictionary.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
>> "chuckthe3" <chuckthe3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I want to delete words in the Publsiher dictionary.  Can't find it!  Can edit
>> > dictionary in Word.

0
gsauer (5093)
10/11/2005 7:23:37 PM

"tc" wrote:

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
> > You can change your custom dictionary in your newsreader (Outlook Express), tools,
> > options, spelling tab, edit custom dictionary.
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer MS MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
> > "chuckthe3" <chuckthe3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I want to delete words in the Publsiher dictionary.  Can't find it!  Can edit
> > > dictionary in Word.
> >

> > How do i change the spelling language dictionary for MS Publisher 2003,  In outlook it says English UK in Word it says English UK but Publisher says English US and i cant find any option to change it.

It is not the same dictionary.

In word it says that it is english UK

In publisher the spell checker says that it is against English US.
0
tc1 (130)
10/11/2005 8:33:06 PM
What are your regional settings?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> "tc" wrote:
>

>> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>>
>> > You can change your custom dictionary in your newsreader (Outlook Express),
>> > tools,
>> > options, spelling tab, edit custom dictionary.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> > http://office.microsoft.com/
>> > http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
>> > "chuckthe3" <chuckthe3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >

>> > How do i change the spelling language dictionary for MS Publisher 2003,  In
>> > outlook it says English UK in Word it says English UK but Publisher says English
>> > US and i cant find any option to change it.
>
> It is not the same dictionary.
>
> In word it says that it is english UK
>
> In publisher the spell checker says that it is against English US.

0
gsauer (5093)
10/11/2005 9:07:56 PM
tc <tc@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> It is not the same dictionary.

You misunderstood the posting.  The CUSTOM dictionary is the same in Word
and Publisher, and is stored in a file normally named custom.dic.

> In word it says that it is english UK
>
> In publisher the spell checker says that it is against English US.

Tools > Language > Set Language.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
10/11/2005 9:27:01 PM

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What are your regional settings?
> Regional settings are
Location United Kingdom
Standards and formats United Kingdom
Advanced Unicode United States US
tc
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "tc" <tc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > It is not the same dictionary.
> >
> > In word it says that it is english UK
> >
> > In publisher the spell checker says that it is against English US.

0
tc1 (130)
10/11/2005 9:28:05 PM

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> tc <tc@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> > It is not the same dictionary.
>
> You misunderstood the posting.  The CUSTOM dictionary is the same in Word
> and Publisher, and is stored in a file normally named custom.dic.
>
> > In word it says that it is english UK
> >
> > In publisher the spell checker says that it is against English US.
>
> Tools > Language > Set Language.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
>
> In Word and Outlook it does check my spellings against English UK
But in Publisher it say s that it checks them against american english
called English US.
 In Publisher I cannot find any field setting to enable me to change it to
English UK.
>Telling me they share the same Custom dic does not solve the problem.

0
tc1 (130)
10/11/2005 10:07:01 PM
tc <tc@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> In Word and Outlook it does check my spellings against English UK
> But in Publisher it say s that it checks them against american english
> called English US.
> In Publisher I cannot find any field setting to enable me to change
> it to English UK.

What version of Publisher are you using?

> Telling me they share the same Custom dic does not solve the problem.

I know.  But you said that Mary's statement was not true, when it was.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
10/11/2005 10:36:47 PM

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> tc <tc@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> > In Word and Outlook it does check my spellings against English UK
> > But in Publisher it say s that it checks them against american english
> > called English US.
> > In Publisher I cannot find any field setting to enable me to change
> > it to English UK.
>
> What version of Publisher are you using?
>
> > Telling me they share the same Custom dic does not solve the problem.
>
> I know.  But you said that Mary's statement was not true, when it was.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
>
> Any solution to the problem?

0
tc1 (130)
10/17/2005 6:57:05 PM
tc <tc@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
>> What version of Publisher are you using?

> Any solution to the problem?

Any answer to my question?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
10/17/2005 10:46:42 PM

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> tc <tc@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> >> What version of Publisher are you using?
>
> > Any solution to the problem?
>
> Any answer to my question?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
>

> My earlier question said.

0
tc1 (130)
10/18/2005 7:17:05 AM
Julian wrote:
>> I want to delete words in the Publsiher dictionary.  Can't find it!  Can edit
>> dictionary in Word.

Publisher and Word share the same Custom dictionary. If you can edit
one, you can edit the other. The main dictionary is uneditable in both
products.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
tc wrote:
> So how do i change the spelling language dictionary for MS Publisher 2003, In
> Outlook it says English UK in Word it says English UK but Publisher says
> English  US and i cant find any option to change it.

Tools > Language > Set Language...

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6342)
12/6/2006 1:35:58 PM
Could someone tell me why the search feature cannot find OMA.DIC in the
current users Proof-folder, but others instead?

I'm using Admin rights.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You can change your custom dictionary in your newsreader (Outlook Express), tools,
> options, spelling tab, edit custom dictionary.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
> "chuckthe3" <chuckthe3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to delete words in the Publsiher dictionary.  Can't find it!  Can edit
> > dictionary in Word.

I understand the OMA.dic is Finnish.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Nordman - the Polar Ice Man" <NordmanthePolarIceMan@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:DEFF28DB-1117-4832-87CF-7EF6EA1CF80B@microsoft.com...
> Could someone tell me why the search feature cannot find OMA.DIC in the
> current users Proof-folder, but others instead?
>
> I'm using Admin rights.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> You can change your custom dictionary in your newsreader (Outlook Express),
>> tools,
>> options, spelling tab, edit custom dictionary.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
>> "chuckthe3" <chuckthe3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I want to delete words in the Publsiher dictionary.  Can't find it!  Can
>> >edit
>> > dictionary in Word.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Publishing an internal CRM web site using ISA
Hi all, I was wondering if its possible to publish an internally hosted CRM 1.2 web site to the internet using ISA 2000 ? I've done the basics as far setting up the web publishing and when I try and pull up the site, I get a network logon prompt which I think makes sense since the site seems to use network authentication to determine who you are. What I cannot figure out, is what to enter at this login prompt. I've tried my account, the administrator account and no luck. Anybody have any idea what to do ? Thanks Nick are you being prompted for Username password domain? or on...

How to share documents between different versions of Publisher.
My at-home desktop has Publisher2003 and I can't e-mail documents to the office desktop which uses Publisher 2000. What can I do to correct this impass? Do a "Save as" in the format of the oldest format of the Publisher versions that will be opening the file. -- Don Vancouver, USA "jcslks" <jcslks @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D7C8C59-9F0C-4AFD-A582-EE968E68B350@microsoft.com... > My at-home desktop has Publisher2003 and I can't e-mail documents to the > office desktop which uses Publisher 2000. What can I do to correct this ...

Edit items in "Revieve Inventory"
In the Item receipt, receive inventory, is there a way to edit items as we put them in? This would be a great place to be able to edit basic price, cost & description info while we have Vendor invoices right there. Am I missing the ability to this? -- Thanks! David D. L.S.B. Double-click on the ILC and it will open up the item properties where you can change anything you'd like. Craig "David D." <DavidD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFD0EF05-CA98-4CB1-824C-AD84E50375DE@microsoft.com... > In the Item receipt, receive inventory,...

Where is the text strikethrough command in Publisher?
Please use this space to be courteous. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher You lost in this white space somewhere! ...

Publisher 2003 Templates do not act like Templates
Hi. :-) Ever since I installed Publisher 2003, the Templates have not behaved like templates. When I click a Template, instead of the default "New" Publisher document, the Template itself opens up with the same name as the template. In other words, Publisher 2003 templates simply behave like regular Publisher documents, not like templates. (My Word 2003 templates behave normally.) Similarly, when I open up Publisher, in the "New Publication" pane on the left, when I click on "Templates," instead of showing my templates in my C:\Documents and Settings\<...

Publisher 2007 open files problem with Server 2003
I have a very small network using Server 2003 and when we used Publisher 2003 It downloaded files from the Server to the Client Computers very fast. Now It takes 2-3 min. for small files and 3-5 min. for large files. There are a lot of pictures in these files but the same files opened in pub 2003 with no problems. Is there a solution for this issue. Thanks for your help. Maybe this article is your answer An Office program is slow or may appear to stop responding (hang) when you open a file from a network location http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833041 -- Mary Sauer http://m...

Where can I find all of the SA functionality
I'm doing a project for SOX compliance and I need to document all of the functionality that SA has in 7.5 that can't be assigned to a regular user. Where could I locate that information? SA by default has complete access to the systems, expect where you explicitly revoke access under individual user security. SA is hard coded in the application to create new users, and assign user access to companies. The best bet is to contact MBS support for this documentation if they have any >-----Original Message----- >I'm doing a project for SOX compliance and I need to >...

Converting Publisher 2003 to PDF
When I convert a 2003 Publisher document to Adobe 6 Standard my Hyperlinks are not active, any ideas, when I convert a Word doc it works fine. Thanks What program are you using to create the pdf file? I use PDF-XChange to create a pfd file out of a Publisher file and my hyperlinks are active. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Blake" <Blake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF891A30-893D-4ABB-8DE3-4668927EDDB7@microsoft.com... > When I convert a 2003 Publisher document to Adobe 6 Standard my Hyperlinks > are not active, any ideas, when I convert a Word doc i...

Finding the last row in a spreadsheet
Hi all. I'm a relative newbie to using Excel and am stumped. I'm trying to find the last (non-zero) value in a column. The cells all have a function in them presently like =IF(C8>0,SUM(B8:C8)," ") presently so that the cell truly is not empty. I've tried using =LOOKUP(2,1/(D2:D350>0),D2:D350) but it displays nothing since all the cells have a value (the function above). How do I find the last cell having a numeric value (which is what the first function provides)? Any help is greatly appreciated. It's because you don't use empty as opposed to space &...

after moving mailboxes, outlook find feature issues
After I moved mailboxes from our Exchange 2000 server to our Exchange 2003 server I noticed that when you do a "find now" to search for messages in Outlook it starts at the date the mailbox was moved, instead of the most recent date. How do I adjust it so it searches the most recent date first? On Fri, 12 May 2006 10:39:01 -0700, todd5574 <todd5574@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After I moved mailboxes from our Exchange 2000 server to our Exchange 2003 >server I noticed that when you do a "find now" to search for messages in >Outlook it star...

convert a power point slide index to publisher
How can I convert a power point program to publisher. Copy and paste -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "mike" <mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59F29BB7-2C39-48C5-95AF-75BE5854144F@microsoft.com... > How can I convert a power point program to publisher. ...

how do i get publisher 2003 to print in pantone on my new zerox 6.
i have a new 6250dp Zerox Phaser Tectronix printer. I cannot get the colors in Publisher to print correctly. Can someone tell me what to do? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from lori <lori@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > i have a new 6250dp Zerox Phaser Tectronix printer. I cannot get the > colors in Publisher to print correctly. In what way are your your colours not what you want? Is it, say, that colours are generally a little too light or too dark, or that green is printing as blue, or pink as green? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft...

Macro
I have a Macro which finds a unique value in a sheet, but I then want it to move down 6 rows from where it finds that value to do something else. What is the code to 'move' around by x number of cells ? -- http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~pele You can use .offset() from the cell you found: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim FoundCell As Range Dim FindWhat As String FindWhat = "asdf" With ActiveSheet.UsedRange Set FoundCell = .Cells.Find(What:=FindWhat, _ After:=.Cells(.Cells.Count), _ ...

manipulating data from Find dialog in web browser ActiveX control.
Hello everyone, I would like to know how can I get access from MFC to the text that was entered in the Find dialog of the Microsoft web browser ActiveX control. Documentation is pointing to IHTMLOptionsHolder interface but I cannot get reference to it (I am getting E_NOINTARFACE) from any of the available interfaces in my code. Note, I do not have problem to query other standard interfaces exposed by ActiveX control (ex.: IHTMLDocument2, IOleCommandTarget, and IDispatch). I would appreciate any help regarding this matter. Best Regards, Andrew ...

open publication publisher 2002 in different versions of publishe
someone please tell me how to open publication in publisher 2002 in different version of publisher say pub 2000 You should be able to open almost all versions of Publisher in Publisher 2002. Do you have Norton? Disable "script blocking" and try again. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "gza" <gza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1A9535D-6C88-4AE7-A495-D704CC2D06DD@microsoft.com... > someone please tell me how to open publication in publisher 2002 in > different versi...

OWA contacts, can't do a find on DLs
Hi, just deployed OWA 2k3 and when i go to "To" click contacts and then try to find a DL it will not show (personal contacts not Global) what do you think is wrong thx monica Techie In Need <moni6422@yahoo.com> wrote: >just deployed OWA 2k3 and when i go to "To" click contacts and then try >to find a DL it will not show (personal contacts not Global) what do you >think is wrong Nothing's wrong with Exchange. Right-click the Contacts folder and display its property page. Click the Outlook Address Book tab and check the box lableled "Show thi...

Publisher 98 #6
Trying to insert clip art I get a gray box and it will not open the window where I can make my selections. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, it doesn't help. I am operating on windows 98. HELP! This is usually caused by one of two things, with 3 resolutions to your problem. 1st) Make sure Publisher is not open. Delete the file ARTGALRY.CAG in the X:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Artgalry. Now open Publisher and see if it works. Close Publisher if it does not. 2nd) Double click on the file "Artgalry.reg" Now open Publisher and see if it wo...

Using Publisher 2000 files in Word 2000
In very simple words please... How may I make mixed text and clipart files produced in Publisher 2000 be moved to Word 2000 and - remaining unchanged in appearance and editability - save as .doc files? Thank for any help and/or advice. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Simply, you cannot. Copy and paste via the clipboard is the only way and no layout format will be retained. -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Serendipity pill@blueyonder.co.uk... > How may I make mixed text and clipart files pr...

how to use my calender created in publisher as desktop picture
how to use my calender created in publisher as desktop picture What version Publisher? In 2002-03, group all objects, right-click save as picture. In earlier versions copy and paste into a Paint program and save as... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mirella" <mirella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DD047F6-0DA2-498E-A1E6-2482442B9B27@microsoft.com... > how to use my calender created in publisher as desktop picture ...

update dictionaries for visibility of 3rd party databases in RW
I would still like to request further if an update can be done to the dictionaries to be able to include 3rd party databases visibility in Report Writer. We are modifying the POP Purchase Order Blank Form. We need to link the POA_Ctrl (POA40003) table to Purchase Order Work (POP10100). However, the POA_Ctrl table cannot be found on the list of tables to be linked. This information cannot be linked to Great Plains tables as the tables are stored in separate dictionaries. These are the PO Enhancement and DYNAMICS dictionaries. In relation to this, we are requesting if an update can be ...

Outlook 2003 Querybuilder doesn't find everything it is supposed to find
I have solved part of this problem myself, but need help on the rest. Outlook has a slick feature called querybuilder which enhances advanced find significantly (see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307922). But, if I use advanced find to see every message from John I see 15 messages. If I use query builder, I only see 10. After some reseach, I discovered that I had to tell query builder to look for two things: from contains John OR HaveRepliesSentTo contains John. But this doesn't always work. I have another e-mail where advanced find gets it, but query builder doesn't. When I...

Upgrade from XP media edition to XP professional
I'm needing to upgrade to Professional so I can use the shared file resource on the Vitual Machine program. What would be lost if I were to upgrade from the Media Edition XP? I don't want to lose anything from the Media Edition XP, but I need the files from the Professional XP. If you try to attempt to upgrade with XP Professional then Windows Setup may give an error message that the Product Key is not valid (invalid). Simply you can not upgrade. You may upgrade your OS to Vista Ultimate. You may also go for Windows 7 Professional or Windows 7 Ultimate edition. But...

Cross dictionary database trigger registration
We'd like to register a Dexterity script such that we are notifed if a DB_ADD event occurred because the QSOP_Copy window/form was used from the Copier Series. We thought the following would work: iResult = Trigger_RegisterDatabaseByName(2992, "SOP_LINE_WORK", "QSOP_Copy", TRIGGER_ON_DB_ADD, script InsertHSOrderLineItem_QSOP, hsfldTriggerInsertOrdLn of globals); Even leaving the form string empty, our script is not firing. No errors are raised during startup issuing registration nor during SOP Entry. Any ideas for this or alternative suggestions? -- Thank Yo...

Finding only a directory in CFileDialog
Is there any way to tell a CFileDialog object to accept directories as valid selections when traversing a directory tree? Or is there another class for this kind of dialog? I've seen such a thing in some applications but it may be a custom class. TIA, Lilith ShBrowseForFolder joe On Tue, 31 May 2005 21:25:27 -0500, Lilith <lilith@dcccd.edu> wrote: >Is there any way to tell a CFileDialog object to accept directories as >valid selections when traversing a directory tree? Or is there >another class for this kind of dialog? I've seen such a thing in some >ap...

FIND the BEST MORTGAGE RATES,mortgage calculators,Second mortgage
http://www.webfreeguide.com/Mortgage-Brokers.aspx Mortgage Brokers Directory has a large list of mortgage companies in the United sates,UK,Canada and Australia.you can find the best mortgage rates,mortgage calculators,mortgage refinancing sources,second mortgage,mortgage quotes,bad credit mortgages and lot's of other online mortgage informatoin here. http://www.webfreeguide.com/Mortgage-Brokers.aspx ...