I have a image that I have copy and pasted, however I want to fill behind the
image. I know how to fill and all that, my problem is that it recognizes the
entire image as a picture, I was wondering if there is a way to change the
background while the image lays on top?

sureisdifferent wrote:
> I have a image that I have copy and pasted, however I want to fill
> behind the image. I know how to fill and all that, my problem is that
> it recognizes the entire image as a picture, I was wondering if there
> is a way to change the background while the image lays on top?
=====================================
Depends on the background...if it's a single color
you can make it transparent. On the Picture toolbar...
select, "Set Transparent Color" and left click the
background.

If the background is several colors...the best bet would
be to import the photo into an image editing program
and create a cutout.

--

      J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie1 (130)
8/3/2009 2:08:57 PM
Did you try the Edit the Wrap points?

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"sureisdifferent" <sureisdifferent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a image that I have copy and pasted, however I want to fill behind the
> image. I know how to fill and all that, my problem is that it recognizes the
> entire image as a picture, I was wondering if there is a way to change the
> background while the image lays on top?

0
mary.sauer (2018)
8/3/2009 2:27:21 PM
sureisdifferent wrote:
> I have a image that I have copy and pasted, however I want to fill behind the
> image. I know how to fill and all that, my problem is that it recognizes the
> entire image as a picture, I was wondering if there is a way to change the
> background while the image lays on top?

If it's a solid colour, you could try the "Set Transparent Color"
option. Failing that, do your editing in a graphics program, then save
the image as a graphics file and import it into Publisher.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

change note color
Hi, I would like to know if exist a possibility to change the color of note triangle ? by default is RED and i would like to apply to it the color that i want... tia, Alain Sorry..i mean but note, a COMMENT in fact. "Alain R." <no.valid@email.com> wrote in message news:ucUQ8JO2DHA.2308@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I would like to know if exist a possibility to change the color of note > triangle ? > by default is RED and i would like to apply to it the color that i want... > > tia, > Alain > > Hi Alain, Background colour of comments i...

Changing the controls' size on the dialog
I have several controls on dialog. And the dialog is sizable. I want to change the controls size according to the dialog's size. What is the easy way to do that? http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/W-D/dislog/resizabledialogs/article.php/c1989 "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1146251529.491759.108270@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I have several controls on dialog. And the dialog is sizable. I want to > change the controls size according to the dialog's size. What is the > easy way to do that? > This one works pretty good. http://www.code...

changing font size
I use Styles to define 3 or 4 different combinations of font, size, alignment etc. If I save and close the document, then come back to it some time later, I often find that font sizes have been changed. For example if I set a style called "Detail" at Garamond 12 Italic, when I reopen the document "Detail" may have been reset to Garamond 10 Italic, and this may have happened to several other styles as well. Does anyone have any idea what's happening? Publisher 2003 under Win XP Pro. Thanks in advance! Did you install the updates to Publisher 2003? -- H...

I want to make a two tone chart background
I am creating a chart and want the chart background above a certain value to be of a different color (to indicate a maximum allowable value has been exceeded). An alternative would be to jus have the gridline & axis value of a different color/thickness/etc Basically, you'll need to create some dummy series. Jon Peltier gives excellent examples of how to create horizontal bands here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/HorizBands.html Other background fills: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BackgroundFill.html -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes"...

Question about automatically changing the cell�s color
How could I make the cell changes its color automatically based on the type of information I enter. Thanks, for any help almufadda@hotmail.com ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try Conditional Formatting (CD) For example: Suppose you want the cell's background color to change to light green if the value entered is > 10 Click on A1 Click Format > Conditional Formatting Set under Condition 1: Cell Value Is | greater than | 10 Click Format b...

Filter & Color Index
Hi, I tried to use a code with filtering. I got the error message: unable to set color index property of the interior class Hw can I do this? Hi As always post your code, excel version, and indicate at which line you recieve the error. .... Per "Khalil Handal" <handalk@stthom.edu> skrev i meddelelsen news:%23cpd8Nl$JHA.1336@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I tried to use a code with filtering. > I got the error message: unable to set color index property of the > interior class > Hw can I do this? > > Hi, Excel 2003 here is the code: Private...

How to count rows with changing data
I have an imported list on sheet2 and it is maybe 100 rows. Each day the data is imported the dates change along with the type of record associated with each date. Say this week there are 25 rows with 11/13, 20 rows with 11/14 and 25 rows with 11/15 and 30 rows with 11/16. Mixed in with this each of these dates might have a different type of record (each type has 4 options.) I need to be able to do the following: 1.) I need to count the number of occurrences for each date and not only show the total count but also show the date that is counted as the label. 2.)count the...

Macro to Shade Cells with the color specified by 3 other cells?
I have cells in a row with RGB values between 0 and 255. I'd like another cell to be shaded in the color specified by those three values. Can this be done with a macro? If so, what is the macro? Thanks. -Rob Rob, You can use something like Range("A1").Interior.Color = RGB( _ Range("B1").Value, Range("C1").Value, Range("D1").Value) where B, C, and D have the Red, Green, and Blue values. However, there's a problem here. Excel supports only 56 colors, although those 56 colors can be any RGB color you want. These colors are stored in...

Setting Color Schemes using VB
Hello, I am writing a macro to do some basic formatting of some documents, and I would like the macro to set the color scheme before it is done, and I cannot find what command or object governs this choice. I tried to get smart on Visio and record a macro while changing the color scheme, but the macro did not record any commands. So I am at a loss. Any help? Thanks. DNAphil ...

resizing plots without changing text size
We are using Excel to generate scientific xy plots. When I resize the surrounding frame of such a plot, generated by the Chart Wizard, the text size changes. How can I prevent this? How can I resize a xy chart without changing the font size? Also, is there a nice trick to make several plots exactly the same? I have the impression that each time I generate a plot, Excel chooses randomly how it should exactly look. Thank you very much for every hint! Martin Double-click the text item that resizes inappropriately. In the resulting dialog box, select the Font tab. Uncheck the 'Aut...

Problem inserting pictures
Version 2003 In a newsletter I am working on I tried to insert a picture on a page. The picture shows, however I cannot get the text to wrap around the picture no matter what I pick from the menu. Tight, square, none, etc. I have inserted pictures in the previous pages with no problems. All pictures are in JPEG format. Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you. -- Mike All outgoing messages (both text and attachments) are scanned for viruses prior to sending you probably have to juggle the order of the picture and the type. ( picture in front of type, behind the type...that so...

How do I change format of all comments in worksheet?
I want to be able to change font and size of text within comments in a whole worksheet, without having to do them individually. Anyone any ideas? see this site http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset >-----Original Message----- >I want to be able to change font and size of text within comments in a whole >worksheet, without having to do them individually. Anyone any ideas? >. > ...

Help!
We're adding approximately 1500 users to an AD OU for the state of Delaware. The domain logon names will be formatted First name.Lastname Example: Joe.Smith We're going to be populating an Exchange 2000/2003 information store with these 1500 new AD users. The SMTP address for these users will be "First Name.Last name@state.de.us" Example: Joe.Smith@state.de.us Currently these 1500 users are in an Exchange 5.5 information store, where their SMTP address is First initial Last name. Example: JSmith@dot.state.de.us Is there a mechanism to automate making the addre...

Picture It! Photo 2002 will not reinstall
I have been using Microsoft Picture It Publishing for several years. The program came installed on my Dell computer. Last week my Dell died and I just bought a Gateway. Both had Windows XP. I can install it on the Gateway but if I try to open anything old or start anything new, it just crashes completely. I have hundreds of saved documents that I can't even open now. Please help. Also, if I try to register or seek any help on it, Microsoft tells me that "the page no longer exists". Is there an error message? Try the compatibility tab, right-click the program icon,...

Changing lowercase to uppercase in the Contacts list index
I am a vision impaired user who has often thought that it would be helpful to be able to see the alphabet that is vertically placed at the right side of the address book display. I have never been able to find a way to change this display and have concluded that I am stuck with the lower case letters. Anyone know of a way to change this setting? Thanks. It can't be changed. There is at least one tool that adds an index - not sure if it would help you though - see http://alphabet.4team.biz/ -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.n...

how to change the font color in the subject line
i like to know if i could change the font color (red, blue,...) in the subject line? if yes, please advise the steps. thanks, cwong668 you can't for sent messages, but you can change the look in your inbox by using views - specifically the automatic formatting option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com J...

Changing from a IMAP to a POP server
Hi All I had two email accounts, one was an IMAP and the other a POP. The IMAP ran out of space so I called to find out what I had to do. I was told that I could now use a POP setting for this email account. However, when I changed the IMAP to POP, all of my messages download into one pst folder--namely INBOX I liked it when my email messages from job 1 went into the Inbox and my email messages from job 2, went into a different folder. This process easily separated messages into the 2 folders Is there a way that incoming messages can directly load into two different folders I hope this...

Overages should be a different color in receiving
When working in the receiving screen shortages appear in RED and zero fills GREEN, but overages are not highlighted. It would be nice if they would stand out in a different color. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutio...

how to make and save a color palette (.pal)?
I need to make a color palette (with the sufix .pal) that I can use even outside MS Office programs. Alexandre You are not going to do it in Publisher. I can create custom palettes in CorelDraw. Might look into your editing program to see if the capability is there. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Alexandre" <Alexandre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C45A572-29DC-4ACA-9A5B-215321EAB41F@microsoft.com... >I need to make a color palette (with the sufix .pal) that I can use even > outside MS Office programs. > Alexandre ...

Changing the domain where CRM is located
Hi, I'm installing a new domain controller on my network and I'm also changing the name of the domain. CRM 3.0 is located on its own box (SQL is stored on the same box), will the CRM 3.0 Redeployment Tool do everything I need to move CRM to the new domain? CRM will remain on the same box, I just need to connect the box to the new domain. Thanks in advanced. Regards, Cam The redeployment tool should work for this. You will need to run the export from the current system while it is still functioning. Then, follow the steps to "install" it on the servers after the...

Can I change the menubar to look like excel 2003?
If I can chage it, Please reply... To see the traditional menus, you may download one free addin from Addins page of below site http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/ choose Excel Menu 2003. 1. This Addin need to load only for the first time. 2. It installed Worksheet Menubar, Standard Toolbar and Formatting Toolbar in the Addins Tab inside the Ribbon. 3. The File Size is only about 20 kb. BTW when you use more of Excel 2007's Ribbon, you should be familar with the 2007 Ribbon UI. Regards, Shailesh Shah http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/ (Excel Add-ins Page) If You Can't...

How to change default appointment length
This one has been driving me crazy for a while - I want my default appointment length to be in 15 minute increments, not 30 minutes.. There is apparently no way to do this which "sticks." While I can change the time increments in the "weekly" view to 15 minutes per section, that works. But I can't minimize the calendar to see the work day unless it is set to 30 minutes. New appointments will always then default to 30 minutes, even if I set it in the settings (by right clicking) to 15 minutes. Set up the weekly view to 15 minutes and try to use the monthly view. No luck...

worrunning in background
when i am playing wow, a full screen mmo, if i hit next on keyboard the game minimizes and theres wmp, how can i get it to stop that, v9, and how can i get the option back to make it small on the bar down there? The small WMP in your task bar is called the Toolbar mode. To enable this, right-click an empty space in the task bar, and select Toolbars - Windows Media Player. The WMP Toolbar will be shown whenever you minimize WMP. I'm afraid that I can't help you with the other problem. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk mousepadmayhem wrote: >...

Changing border thickness
I have a custom dialog box class that overrides the frame/ background drawing. I want to change the thickness of the frame border as well. The window should resize to accomodate the wider border; the client area should remain unchanged. This is what I have now: CMyDialog::OnNcCalcSize( BOOL bCalcValidRects, NCCALCSIZE_PARAMS* lpncsp ) { CDialog::OnNcCalcSize( bCalcValidRects, lpncsp ); RECT rect; GetWindowRect( &rect ); rect.left -= m_pSkin->nBorderWidth; rect.top -= m_pSkin->nBorderWidth; rect.right += m_pSkin->nBorderWidth; rect.bottom += m_pS...

Change IMAP Folders in Outlook
We are going to get a new mail server and i am looking for a way to change the IMAP server in Outlook. I know I can have a user change it but the upper people don't want the users to do that. So i am looking for a program, or if someone could point me to the right area to write a program to do this. Thank you for anyone that can help me on this issue. Shane D. Newsom ...