I have a image that I have copy and pasted, however I want to fill behind the
image. I know how to fill and all that, my problem is that it recognizes the
entire image as a picture, I was wondering if there is a way to change the
background while the image lays on top?

sureisdifferent wrote:
> I have a image that I have copy and pasted, however I want to fill
> behind the image. I know how to fill and all that, my problem is that
> it recognizes the entire image as a picture, I was wondering if there
> is a way to change the background while the image lays on top?
=====================================
Depends on the background...if it's a single color
you can make it transparent. On the Picture toolbar...
select, "Set Transparent Color" and left click the
background.

If the background is several colors...the best bet would
be to import the photo into an image editing program
and create a cutout.

--

      J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie1 (130)
8/3/2009 2:08:57 PM
Did you try the Edit the Wrap points?

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"sureisdifferent" <sureisdifferent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a image that I have copy and pasted, however I want to fill behind the
> image. I know how to fill and all that, my problem is that it recognizes the
> entire image as a picture, I was wondering if there is a way to change the
> background while the image lays on top?

0
mary.sauer (2018)
8/3/2009 2:27:21 PM
sureisdifferent wrote:
> I have a image that I have copy and pasted, however I want to fill behind the
> image. I know how to fill and all that, my problem is that it recognizes the
> entire image as a picture, I was wondering if there is a way to change the
> background while the image lays on top?

If it's a solid colour, you could try the "Set Transparent Color"
option. Failing that, do your editing in a graphics program, then save
the image as a graphics file and import it into Publisher.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Embedded word doc changed to image-need to change back to word.
I have an embedded word document that misteriously changed into an image. This image is not a word doc converted into a picture (i.e. like I convert an embedded word doc by right clicking and selecting 'image object', 'covert', and then select to activate as a word doc.) but an actual image as if I inserted a picture. Need to turn the image back into a word doc so I can recover my work. It would also be nice to figure out how I am changing to an image, amost seems like a bug since it has randomly happened twice. ...

Effect of Domain change on Outlook
My PC was a stand alone PC that previously belonged to a domain (that was no more in use). I had Outlook running on it that could get my e-mails from several web e-mail services using POP3 (no Exchange). I had a few thousand e-mails in this outlook. For some reason I removed my PC from the Domain and join a workgroup. Now when I launch my Outlook, it wants to start from scratch. Can my previous e-mail accounts, rules, contacts, and vital e-mails be re-stored? Thank you in advance, Ben If you were using a .pst file for your mail storage, it may have a = different name than outlook.pst -...

Stop mail from changing postition once replied to
How can I stop Outlook 2003 e-mail message from changing location in my in box once I have addressed them or replied to them? It scoots them to the bottom of my e-mail list and just rotates them as I work them... sounds like you are sorting by the modified date or icon - click on the received field to sort by it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange So...

Powerpoint 2007 Excel import change tab
Hi, The situation is as follows: Powerpoint template needs to import data from specific fields from within a tab in excel. This tab name changes depending on the client. Using the "paste Special" i can get the info imported fine. The part i have a problem with is changing the name of the tab to import different data.Powerpoint doesn't have an option under "Prepare>Edit Links To file" If anyone can suggest a solution even a macro to prompt the user to enter the name of the new sheet they want to pull the data from. The Execl file does not change ...

Outlook Client: Change the On Line Server address
Hi, Is it possible to change the address of the CRM server that the Outlook Client uses to syncronise? -- Thanks in advance Chris Hi Chris, You can make this change by editing the following registry key - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\ServerUrl. The usual warning - please be careful while making registry edits! HTH, Niths "BoltonWolf" wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to change the address of the CRM server that the Outlook > Client uses to syncronise? > -- > Thanks in advance > Chris Thanks for that, I think that works ok. I'...

Publisher 2007: How do I change dates on calendar page in newslet
I'm creating a newsletter. I added a calendar page. In previous versions of Publisher, I was able to get to Calendar Options to change the month. In Publisher 2007 when I insert a calendar page into a newsletter, I can no longer access the Calendar Options task pane. Please describe how to change the dates. The calendar wizard is broken. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future service pack. Meanwhile you will have to manually change the calendar dates. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Stephanie" &...

get/change first operation on table 'uprEmployeeCount' failed
I created a 'test' company on V10, restored the backup from our real company into this test company. I have inactivated all the employees in the test company. Unless I enter Dynamics as sa, I get the following message: A get/change first operation on table 'uprEmployeeCount' failed accessing SQL Data. Under the more info button: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Drive][SQL Server] The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'zDP_UPR41600F_1',database 'DYNAMICS', schemo 'dbo'. I have deleted the UPR41600 table and recreated it but I still get the...

Durations keep changing... Help!
Ok... it's me again - brand new user... I need to list resources (sometimes multiple) for each task, but ONLY show it shows up on a report for each person. We do not assign or track real/actaul hours. So here's what I've done to try to simplify... Task #1: Tasks/Advanced Tab: "Must Start On" with a start date (this is the only constraint I've set in the project); Fixed Duration; Effort Driven unchecked All other tasks have the same settings except no constraint date and default to "As Soon as Possible." Each Resource: Booking type - P...

Lost ability in MSWord to make ANY changes to ANY document
Somehow when I open a document in Word, it will not let me do anything other than open the document, print and close, everything else come up 'faded'- I can't even make changes anymore, and i've tried restoring my system to an earlier date, but nothing- Version of Word? If it's 2007 and someplace on the screen it says something about "This modification is not allowed because selection is locked", it could be that you've been using a trial version that's now expired or you haven't properly activated your full version. -- Cheers! Gor...

Help with a formmula change in a "flag" parameter!
The formula I have below in Column R works just fine. It creates a flag for me (in Column R) that lets me know one of two things: “Client Failed to Enroll on Time”, and “Return Referral Form to Referent”. Here is that formula: =IF(H4="","",IF(K4<>"","",IF(S4="Sent","Client Failed to Enroll on Time",IF(AND(K4="",TODAY()>WORKDAY(H4,10,AA4:AA12)),"Return Referral Form to Referent","")))) The one change (addition) that I’d like to make, is this: If Column N is toggled to say “Hudson ...

Pie Chart color
Hi, Excel 2003. I have a 3 series pie-chart, I simply want to change the color of ONE of the 3 slices in the way I want. Thanks for help. Click the slice; pause; click the slice again, it should now have 'handles' around it. Use Format | Data POINT in menu (if it say Data SERIES, try again) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Freightliner" <freightliner2006@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:87a8c3a5-2d6e-43d2-a0ec-7aa1b25c1296@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Excel 2003. I...

show pictures in a form
i am trying to make a database and i have a record that has a hyperlink to a picture i have two question 1) is the hyperlink the best choice to use for the picture 2) how do i make the picture visble on a form thank you for your help sorry i sent this to the wrong newsgroup how every any advice would still be appreciated "William Storey II" <billstorey@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:zguub.30991$TL5.30867@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com... > i am trying to make a database and i have a record that has a hyperlink to a > picture > > i have two question > &g...

Color Laserjet Printers
Hi, We want to purchase an HP3505 to use with Dynamics GP 9.0. It is not on the compatiblity list. Is anyone out there using this now? Does anyone have any recommendations for a color laserjet that they are using now with Dynamics GP 9.0? TIA, Laura Laura, We don't have anyone using a 3505, but we do have a customer using an HP Color LaserJet 2840 and it works just fine with GP. I haven't yet seen a problem with GP and any HP printer. The compatibility list typically only has a few models that are even being sold today, so I find it not to be very helpful. Please let us...

Tables and banding color in background
I am creating a template where many tables will need to be used. Our standard is to have banding of rows in the table, and when users want to expand the table, I would like them to be able to have the banding automatically occur. This option appears in Word 2007, but does not function well. Has anyone had success with this functionality? Thanks in advance for your help. Color banding can be applied as part of a table style. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "sharon27lily" <sharon27lily@di...

P2002 S-L-O-W on Page Change
Recently "upgraded" to Publisher 2002 from Publisher 2000. A three-page document now requires about 45 seconds to switch from one page to another. One of the pages has about 12 text frames and 3 photos. I copied the file and removed all frames. Same delay. (And this file, that now has no visible content, has a size of 2.2MB.) This behavior is identical on two machines (removed 2002 from one machine and installed on another.) First machine is W2K, 600MHz, 256MB. Second is XP, 2.3GHz, 512MHz. Is this video related? Both machines have 64MB display cards. All Office, OS,...

Highlight changes within cell
Good morning! Using Excel 2003 I need to highlight the changes I’m making within a cell. For example: In cell B2, is the customer’s original order quantity of 200. I revise it to show 225 and I’d like the cell to be highlighted in yellow. I can then copy and paste the info into an email to show the customer which items have been revised. I’ve tried using Track Changes, but it seems that I have to click on the Track Changes button each time I open the workbook. It also doesn’t keep the revision highlighted for a copy and paste. I have 20+ worksheets within the workbook an...

Formula "Change" Problem
Situation: In cell A1, I have a simple formula that sums the data in the following 6 horizontal cells. The formula is =SUM(B1:G1) I want this formula to never change under any circumstance. The problem is if I insert a column before in front of column B the formula changes to the following: =SUM(C1:H1) The spreadsheet is setup so that it is supposed to calculate a rolling 6 week total. Each new week a new column will be inserted and the data for the new week entered. How can i keep the formula from changing as the worksheet changes? Thank you in adnvance to anyone that may be able to h...

How to reopen and make changes to a closed contract
I have been reading the blog from ms dynamics team about opening and changing a closed appointment: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2007/03/08/how-to-reopen-a-closed-appointment-and-make-changes-to-the-file.aspx I'm trying to do the same thing with a contract. the code I used is almost the same. I changed "Appointment" with "Contract" and the state and state Reason: state code : ' <ContractState>Active</ContractState>'+ state Reason: ' <ContractStatus>3</ContractStatus>'+ see also http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a...

Change Directory Creation/Modification Date/Time programatically
Hi, Can anyone help me out to change the directory creation/modification date/time through C++/MFC code? Can this be acheived without changing the system time? Thanks in advance. Vignesh. In article <98EDAE87-3F31-4F06-AE8C-378CF91A6F3A@microsoft.com>, Vignesh@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Hi, > Can anyone help me out to change the directory creation/modification > date/time through C++/MFC code? SetFileTime. > Can this be acheived without changing the system time? Yes. -- Later, Jerry. The universe is a figment of its own imagination. "Je...

COLOUR CHANGE IS A CELL
Cyber taz What I am trying to do is use say a red coulured cell but when text is added to the cell it changes colour to green. The other thing if possible a drop down menu in a cell so when clicked on it offers three of four selection For example today tomorow yesterday day after And once one wes highlighted it would show in the cell. Thankls for your help it is really apprereciated. You can use data validation to create a dropdown list in a cell. There are instructions in Excel's help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Mav wrote: > Cyber taz > What I am...

How to change OL 2007 storage location?
I would like to move my mail archive off drive C into another partition. Is there a way to do this and can folders be placed in separate files such that OL 2007 can use them as working files? Thanks, John. Yes, just move the .PST file and then change the account settings for the mailbox that points to it. But its all or nothing, all of the folders under the same email account have to point to the same .PST file, you can't have the INBOX and SENT in one .PST and the CALENDAR, CONTACTS and TASKS in another. You can have the .PST's for each email account in different ...

Marketing Member
Hi all, We are trying to more efficiently add marketing list members. When accessing the manage members option, the default system look up view provided for contacts includes both active and inactive contacts. We can't easily identify the active only contacts. Is there a way to modify the lookup view to include only active members? Thanks in advance for your help. David Hi David, Yes, there is check out following; http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/2006/12/filter-data-in-crm-lookup-field.html -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. ...

Right click copy pictures in email
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop I just switched from Office X to Office 2004. I emails with pictures in them. In Office X, I could right click to copy them. In Office 2004, when I try to right click, nothing happens. <br><br>Is there any way to copy a picture that is embedded in an email? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342031805_7549207 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" ...

how do I change list order in color catagory assignment in office
only 15 color catagories can be displayed in color assignment in office outlook 2007. I wish to change the order of the list. I tried to number them 1-15, but it did not change the list. It did show 10-15 in the top of the list, and 1-9 on the bottom. I wish it to show them in order of 1-15, not necessarily with numbers, but with the color and catagory that I have assigne to them. any help would be appreciated THNX ...

How to Change default font /is it possible to retrieve a deleted f
My PC runs on the new Windows 7. 1. Is it possible to retrieve a deleted file? I did look in the recyle area, and my deleted file was not there. 2. How do you change the default font? 1. If the file has been deleted from the Recycle Bin, you'll need special data recovery software. I have to admit that I have no idea how useful that kind of software actually is. Depending on the nature of the deleted document, it might not be worth the effort (or cost). 2. You can choose a font in the Font dialog box (Ctrl+D) and then click the Default button to change the defaul...