How do you anchor a figure/illustration to text?

when I paste a figure in the text... and then the text changes (as in I add
something)  the rest of the text moves along as it should.... but the figure
stays planted where I first put it, so it's now out of alignment

How do I anchor the figure to the text paragraph?  The text is not in a text
box, it's just typed into the doc.

Thanks!!!
0
Yael (20)

All text in Publisher is in a text box.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Yael" <Yael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when I paste a figure in the text... and then the text changes (as in I
> add
> something)  the rest of the text moves along as it should.... but the
> figure
> stays planted where I first put it, so it's now out of alignment
>
> How do I anchor the figure to the text paragraph?  The text is not in a
> text
> box, it's just typed into the doc.
>
> Thanks!!!

0
jl_paules (2768)
4/30/2009 3:37:25 PM
If the text is not being typed in a text box, then you are asking in the wrong
newsgroup.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagement&cat=en_US_ce704816-2055-4ee8-a8f1-2496ab2e29d3&lang=en&cr=US
--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Yael" <Yael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when I paste a figure in the text... and then the text changes (as in I add
> something)  the rest of the text moves along as it should.... but the figure
> stays planted where I first put it, so it's now out of alignment
>
> How do I anchor the figure to the text paragraph?  The text is not in a text
> box, it's just typed into the doc.
>
> Thanks!!!

0
mary.sauer (2018)

printing text box gradient fill
My text box with a gradient fill looks great on the screen but prints with a solid fill color not with the gradient. Gradient printing has always been problematic in Publisher. Create a rectangle the size of your text box, fill it with your gradient choice, no line, copy/paste special as an image format of your choice, put the image behind your text box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Ernie" <Ernie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

How do I print white text on black card?
How do I print white text on black card in Publisher or Word? Suzy wrote: > How do I print white text on black card in Publisher or Word? ================================ Printing white on black cards will not work unless your printer can print with white ink. Most printers do not print with white ink. If you have a black background in your project you can use white letters but the background will also need to be printed. BTW...this will use lots of ink. -- Volunteer J - MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a vol...

how do i link cells that contain text in excel
i am creating a spreadsheet that will have several cells that contain the same as another cell - either number or text - is there anyway to link so when i type (example) the number 3 in cell A2 it will also appear in cells C12 and D42. thanking everyone in advance for their assistance. It can be done in 2 Methods. Method 1:- Place the cursor in C12 and press = and type A2. Now it will show the A2 cell value 3 in C12. if you place the cursor in C12 it will show the formula as =A2. Follow the same step for D42 also. Method 2:- Place the cursor in C12 and press = and type I...

Fill color complete line of text
Word 07. I have a line of text (only about 50 characters) the text is white and I have a red fill (or text highlight color) behind. This red fill only extends as far as the text. How can I make the red extend across the entire line, (even if there is no text in the second half of the line)? Thanks Assuming you haven't used the Highlighter by mistake, you have evidently applied shading to the selected text rather than the paragraph. In the Borders and Shading dialog (accessed from the dropdown menu you get when you click on the button that is indescribable because its Scr...

Save range of cells as text file.
I need help with a macro to save a range of cells as a text file. I found a great method of selecting the range to save from Tom Ogilvy, dated 8/18/04. However, I need to know how to save that selected range to a text file. Thanks. Maybe another MVP, JE McGimpsey, can help you out: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I need help with a macro to save a range of cells as a text file. I found a >great method of selecting the range to save from Tom Ogilvy, dated 8/18/04. >However, I need to know how to save that s...

How create a doc. with both checkboxes and text insert. possibilit
Hi ! I´m about to create a doc. for a Travel request. The traveller must fill in name etc AND to have a possibility to use the checkboxes. If I lock the doc. for using for checkboxes then you cannot fill in the other cells with name, adress and so on. Can someone tell me how to be able to use both checkboxes and to fill in text in the document ? Kind regards Timo Nordberg Helsingborg You can't mix different types of fields in a protected form. Make sure that you only use form fields--check box form fields and text form fields--and it will work. If you are using Wo...

Text being stripped from incoming mail
We are on exch 2k3 with one front end server and 4 back ends. When we rx mail from one domain that is 5.5 all the text is being stripped from the email. What is really strange, if they turn on delivery receipts, they get the receipt with their original email attached and it has all the text inside the attachment. This is the only domain we have a problem with. Also, there is another 5.5 domain out there whose mail is routed thru the other 5.5 org and we get their mail no problem. Any ideas??? jaymac <jaymac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are on exch 2k3 with one front e...

Importing Text with ONLY Tab set as a delimiter and NOT space?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel My previous version of excel would default to importing tab-delimited text w/ just the tab checked (in step 2 of 3 in text import wizard). My excel now insists on the space being checked as well. Obviously I can uncheck this each time I go through the import wizard, but in the old version it was nice to double-click on a text file &amp; avoid having to go through the text-import wizard each time. Is there a way to set this in preferences somewhere? ...

Full Text search in article doesn't work properly with national characters
Hi, I work with MS CRM 3.0 English, it is running on Windows 2003 English Std and database server is SQL Server 2005 Std. When I publish article to Knowledge Base in English language full text search work fine. When I use in summary section of article national characters (Czech), full text on words with national characters doesn't work. I was looking for cause of this behavior and I found in database Company_MSCRM table DocumentIndex and column SearchText. In this column is all text of article and I see there words with national characters and before and after nation character are spaces,...

Trimming an entire Column of text
Richard Scholler posted this solution on Ozgrid: Sub TrimCol() Dim r As Range Set r = Intersect(ActiveCell.EntireColumn, ActiveSheet.UsedRange) r.Value = Evaluate("IF(ROW(" & r.Address & "),IF(" & r.Address & "<>"""",TRIM(" & r.Address & "),""""))") End Sub I just get a #NUM! when I use this. Does anyone know why? This solution using Evaluate is in several places on the web. http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77535 hi, ! > Richard Schol...

Updating Two Text Boxes Based on Information Entered into a Third Text Box
I feel a little silly, but I'm just going to come out straight and say it: I play Dungeons & Dragons and I thought that it might be fun to try and build a character sheet database at home so that I could play around with some of the program's features and learn more about Access. Unfortunately, I'm running into a snag. Here's my problem: I have a form which updates a table, called 'Characters Table.' What I want to be able to do is select a race from a second table, called 'Races Table,' using a combo box. Then, based on the race selected, I want to have tw...

how to rotate text without rottating borders
i'm trying to angle (rotate text in exel) it ofcourse rotates fine bot then i put border on that cel the border is also rotated how to rotate text without rotatting border ??? What kind of border do you have on the cell? I don't understand the issue. "rich20" <rich20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52086236-0AAE-4DE3-B266-742B259DF7EF@microsoft.com... > i'm trying to angle (rotate text in exel) it ofcourse rotates fine bot > then i > put border on that cel the border is also rotated how to rotate text > without > rotatting bor...

formula and text in a cell
How to put a text + today date in a cell? ..today date using today() ="blablabla "&TEXT(TODAY(),"mm/dd/yy") change date format to fit your region -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "crapit" <biggercrap@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ekGutQePIHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How to put a text + today date in a cell? > .today date using today() > ...

how do I find out if data in a text field is a number or text str
I want find out if data in a text field is a number or text string. e.g if the data is 1234, rather than fred1234 If CStr(Val(TextField)) = TextField Then ' it's numbers only Else ' it's mixed End If -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "jahfish" <jahfish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EE6D586-6D22-47A7-B8F7-F29D6A68651B@microsoft.com... >I want find out if data in a text field is a number or text string. e.g if > the data is 1234, rather than fred1234 Test it with IsNumeric(). For...

integrating .wav to text s/w in mfc
Hi friends, I want to integrate wav to text converter in my application,can any body help me which API or fuctions in mfc that I can go for thanks, rajendra ...

How can I change the colour of text written with track changes?
How can I change the colour of a text or edit a text that was written with track changes? I have disabled track changes but unable to edit the text. Please help You must accept the changes. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Surya" <Surya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D2D0445-030C-424F-9B29-9444B55102F0@microsoft.com... > How can I change the colour of a text or edit a text that was written with > track changes? I have disabled track changes but unable to edit th...

Text Running Out of Cell
I am typing text in a cell. It is merged, word wraped, and left justified. It is formatted as text. The row height is large enough to fit the entire paragraph, and the contents still runs off of the cell. Half of the written paragraph is in the cell, the other half of the writing runs out of the cell and cannot be seen, and the rest of the cell is white space. I am tired of the alt+enter thing. I am filling out a form with over 500 cells, and I am very frustrated. I have been looking but haven't found any answers so far. Can anyone one help? "Running out of the cell&qu...

shading text
How do I make the shaded text as a limited area for specific nos of digits http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA103387981033.aspx -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Emad A Ali" <Emad A Ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11FADB0E-82B8-46CA-BAF7-56E574090D93@microsoft.com... > How do I make the shaded text as a limited area for specific nos of digits > What program? What version? More details, please. -- Susan Ramlet **please reply to the newsgro...

text formula
I am trying to create a workbook and alot of my data is repeating data such as email addresses. I have done this before but forgot how, I want to create a formula that all I have to do is type in the name and the @xxx.ccc.vvv.com will automatically add itself to what I type in the cell. Can someone refresh my memory on how this is done? -- Thanks,, Kim Kim, You could put in an autocorrect entry (Tools>Autocorrect) for @ of @xxx.ccc.vvv.com, and when you type @ and Enter, it will append the rest. But it will do it for all @ wherever you may enter them. -- HTH RP (remove nothere...

Importing large text files to excel
Hi, i am using Excel 2002, and I am wondering what is an efficient way to import text files with more than 65536 lines to excel (eg. if it's 120000 lines, I want the excel workbook to automatically create two tabs, with the first tab having the first part of the text file, line 1 to line 65000, the second tab having line 65001 to 120000.) Right now, i am using a splitter (HJSplit) to first manually split the large text file into several small files, then i import each file to an individual tab in a excel workbook. But obviously that's not the best way. Thank you very much. http://su...

Supprimer du texte entre deux "balises"
Bonjour, Voila bien longtemps que je n'ai plus fait de VBA excel. Aussi je vous soumet cette fonction. Je voudrais, dans une feuille, supprimer dans les cellules n'importe quel texte mis entre les deux balises <<< et >>> Exemple : - j'ai dans une cellule le texte suivant : "je voudrais supprimer <<<, parce que inutile>>> le texte encadr=E9 par les deux balises - apr=E8s ex=E9cution de la fonction, le texte de la cellule devrait =EAtre : "je voudrais supprimer le texte encadr=E9 par les deux balises. Merci pour votre aide. Bye "s...

Pasting Word Text
My wife had copied & pasted some bullet-point text from Word into a single cell in Excel 2003, 9 or 10 points, roughly 1,500 characters overall. She then noticed that while the first 6 or 7 points would wrap onto a new line in the cell, the remaining points would be cut off/truncated where the column ended. I had a look at the formatting etc. but couldn't figure why this would happen, and when I opened the file in Excel 2007 it didn't appear this way. Anyone have any ideas why some text would be truncated like this? Thanks, Alan ...

I cannot move text from the bottom of a page to the next page...h.
Are you referring to cutting and pasting? Autoflow? -- Don Vancouver, USA "Christine" <Christine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A891C1B-1A18-46DD-B398-6AC25145AC60@microsoft.com... > "Christine" <Christine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A891C1B-1A18-46DD-B398-6AC25145AC60@microsoft.com... > It's a bit hard to answer when I have no idea what version you are working with. I am also you want the text to flow from the bottom of one page to the next page. In that case, in Publisher 2003, click in the text...

Pasting to Rows with with text only
How can I tell Excel to paste data in column A, but only to those row that contain data? I know there is a way, but how? Thanxs in advance... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way: - copy and paste your data (including formulas) - select column A and hit F5 - choose 'Special' and check 'formulas' - hit 'DEL' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > How can I tell Excel to paste data in column A, but only to those rows > that contain data? I know there is a way, but how? > > Thanxs in advance.... > > > --- > Message ...

Insert Text and Send
I need a macro will insert specific text into the body of the replying email then send it. Any help is appriciated. Thanks ... Dave This example demonstrates how to change the Subject of a reply: http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?mnu=2&smp=9&cmd=showitem&lang=en you can write your text into the Body or HTMLBody property. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM - The Sending Account Manager: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en> Am Wed, 12 May 2010 13:42:01 -0700 schrieb ...