how do i view TGA pictures?

Try IrFanview. I'm pretty sure it will open Targa files.

"spookydog13" <spookydog13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| how do i view TGA pictures?

0
webmaster911 (1600)
5/27/2006 2:48:22 AM
spookydog13 wrote:
> how do i view TGA pictures?
============================
Most any image editing software
should be compatible with Targa
..tga image files.

In MS Publisher...go to...Insert /
Picture / From File...browse to the
..tga file...it should open.

If you do not have MS  Publisher or
an image editing program...try one
or all of the following freebies.

FastStone Image Viewer
http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

Picasa2
http://picasa.google.com/

Download IrfanView
http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967.html
(get the plug-ins too)

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
5/27/2006 2:56:46 AM
Correction...

I just did a test and Picasa is not compatible
with .tga. MS Publisher, FastStone and Irfan
View are. MS Word also recognized a .tga file.

And, any version of MS Picture It! / MS Digital
Image would be compatible.

--

John Inzer

> spookydog13 wrote:
>> how do i view TGA pictures?
> ============================
> Most any image editing software
> should be compatible with Targa
> .tga image files.
>
> In MS Publisher...go to...Insert /
> Picture / From File...browse to the
> .tga file...it should open.
>
> If you do not have MS  Publisher or
> an image editing program...try one
> or all of the following freebies.
>
> FastStone Image Viewer
> http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm
>
> Picasa2
> http://picasa.google.com/
>
> Download IrfanView
> http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967.html
> (get the plug-ins too)

0
oobie (2069)
5/27/2006 8:18:13 AM
If this is a rare thing, you may send them to me for a conversion.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"spookydog13" <spookydog13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do i view TGA pictures?

0
jl_paules (2768)

picture graph in Excel 2007
I used to be able to create a picture graph in earlier versions of Excel and I'm having problems getting this done in 2007. I can create the pictogrraph without problem by: copying the picture pasting it on one bar of the graph formatting the data point choosing stack and scale with 1 unit. The problem is that when I save the spreadsheet and then reopen, the pictures are gone. They will stay if I just choose stack, but with stack and scale, there is a problem. I can't use just stack because the scale will be off depending on the size and shape of the picture. Anyone have a solution...

Limit to views available to webpart?
I have a list with 50 views. In the list all 50 are available (and more if I make them). However when I go to apply the view to any web part, the last one I create is not available. Anything after the 49th is not. It seems clearly to be a software limit. But a dumb one. Is this just me, or a normal sharepoint thing? Any way around it? Thanks! Tim Well, I finally found this which acknowledges what I'm seeing: http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/Lists/v3%20WSS%20FAQ/DispForm.aspx?ID=1125&Source=http%3A%2F%2Fwssv3faq%2Emindsharp%2Ecom%2FLists%2Fv3%2520WSS%2520FAQ%2FI...

Picture inserted from file cannot be aligned

Office 2003 Pictures not compatible with Office 2008 Mac #2
I'm using MS Office Mac 2008. Rest of company using PC/Windows and MS Office 2003. When I view corp documents (PowerPoint, Word), some of the pictures in the document are formatted incorrectly. I don't know the source of the picture but it is some sort of bitmap image (jpg, gif, bmp). Displays correctly on PC and Office 2003. When I open these files with MS Office Mac 2008, some of these pictures display properly, but many others are zoomed/cropped. Happens with both PowerPoint and Word. I can right click on the picture, and choose "format picture" so Office sees it as...

reformatting outline view
I've read a number of the bits of advice about reformatting the outliner, and I can't make it work to my satisfaction. The stock outliner produces fonts that are way too big (for me), and it fills up pages quickly and becomes ungainly. Yet my efforts to adjust it never work. I either end up back at the beginning or with some weird mix of numbers and fonts. Two questions: Now that I've messed up the outliner (each level begins with a number: I, II, III, instead of I, A, i) how can I restore it to the default? Once I stop digging, where can I turn for advice about matc...

Publisher 2007's PDF converter removes transparency from pictures.
Hello, I really would appreciate any help in the following issue. I have some gif pictures in my publisher 2007 document that are transparent (tried this with png pictures too). Everything looks good when I print the document to a printer. But if I use Microsoft's built-in PDF converter then the transparancy becomes "white" and that is not good. My printer requires a PDF and can't work from publisher 2007 files. Any suggestions on how to STOP publisher from getting rid of the transparency?? Thanks! I'm not seeing this. When you move the image over another obje...

Viewing colors screwed up
Hi all... I have a weird one. In the Office 2000 pro version of Publisher (2000 Sp-3), upon startup of the program, the paper is not white but rather blue. The backdrop is a hideous purple. When I look at the color schemes they are all mixtures of these two colors. In other words I cannot reset to standard colors. The documents print out perfectly, however I am unable to view them. Have done the detect and repair step to no avail. Have not uninstalled and reinstalled as I would have to do the entire disk 2 to accomplish this. Any thoughts? Gary After managing to set up OE-Q...

Save As Dialog Box defaulting as Thumbnail View.
I have noticed when I right click on a file to "save As" the dialog always defaults to Thumbnail View and so I have to click on the views tab to change it to Detail Tab is there a way in folder options or control panel to change the setting to make the dialog box default to detail view ? Some feedback on this would be appreciated. -- James M. Horak P.O. Box 2167 Belton Texas, 76513 "jhorak101" <james.horak@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:CF5F2708-8E9E-445D-9F8C-08F17FECB551@microsoft.com... >I have noticed when I right click on a file to "s...

What's the deal with List View ignoring LVIF_STATE in OnLvnGetdispinfo Microsoft, please comment !
Hello all. I have whis wierd problem with list view ignoring LVIF_STATE in OnLvnGetdispinfo message handler. It is a custom drawn virtual list. When the list is initially displayed, I'm not getting any LVIF_STATE requests.for the items displayed, only when I scroll the list I start getting it, but list ignores it flat-out. Also, how come I'm not getting any OnLvnSetdispinfo messages? I've run into so many incosistencies when dealig with the virtual custom drawn list that's quickly becoming the nightmare. Here's the current bug list: 1. Keyboard selection bug: when ...

how do i change or make this macro??? pictures and code included
i need to either make this from scratch or change it to suit my needs. Firstly a link to the template it is from http://www.exinfm.com/excel%20files/FY2000WhatIf.xls the code is Sub projection() Dim revgrowth As Single, costpercent As Single, smgrowth As Single devgrowth As Single, gagrowth As Single Dim intincome As Integer, noncontitems As Integer, otherexps A Integer Dim taxrate As Single, avgshares As Integer 'dialog box gets displayed With DialogSheets("dialog3") If .Show = False Then Exit Sub End If revgrowth = .EditBoxes(1).Text costpercent = .EditBoxes(2).Text smgrow...

Picture missing and unable to re-insert?
Hi. I've been putting together a powerpoint 2003 slideshow purely with images for use in a theatre production (projections). All was fine and I had been fine tuning the presentation however this morning I found that the presentation had dropped an image from the slideshow. Powerpoint will not let me insert this image again and if I try it on a new slide or even a new presentation the image will not insert. I can view the JPEG image on many microsoft programs and I had been viewing it with no problems before this morning. Very frustrating. Any help would be great. Thanks. Kier...

Global folder views in OL2002?
I'd like to set all my mail folders so that they have the same columns, same column widths, and same preview pane height. Is this possible? Thanks. Use View | Current View | Define Views to create a custom view for all mail folders, with your preferred settings -- you'll then be able to apply this view for each mail folder as you use it. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:03a801c3c59b$4d8ec1f0$a101280a@phx.gbl, meb wrote: > I'd l...

How do I prevent pictures form moving when adding text?
Right click the picture, format picture, Layout tab, Object position, change to exact. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Peggy" <Peggy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA35218F-D1FA-4691-B01E-3D50B2AF3FA9@microsoft.com... > Is there a way when inserting pictures and clipart of have them all wrap the way you want when you bring them in. Some option or setup or something for when you insert pictures? Everytime I insert pictures I need to change the wrap. "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Right click the picture, format picture, Layout t...

Text over a picture
I am trying to put text over a picture. The picture is in place, then I put a text frame over it. The " fill" covers up the picture and I can't figure out how to make the text over the picture, but still see all the picture . It is a black and white picture and the letters are going over a black part so I was the text white so it shows up, but I can't figure out how to do it. Basically in the end I am trying to make the picture look like a watermark behind the text. Help! What format is the picture? The text box can be made transparent, select the box, ctrl + t. ...

View blocked senders list
I blocked a sender (don't recall the name) and would like to view the blocked sender list. How do I do that? When I click on ? in WLM for Help and click on "get help with mail" I get "We can't find that page" notification. Tools | Safety Options | Blocked Senders. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Panic" <wrong@cox.net> wrote in message news:i3q110$8jm$1@speranza.aioe.org... >I blocked a sender (don't recall the name) and would like to view the >blocked sender list. Ho...

Viewing .pps attachments in e mail
I used to have Microsoft Office and could view any .pps file attachments in incoming e mail. My OS crashed and after re-installed OS system, I cannot find my Microsoft Office installation discs and now discover that I am unable to open these attachments. I downloaded the free Power Point viewer from the MS download center and could not get it to work. I found some info on how to fix the problem and now I actually get the PPS viewer program to open, but then I get multiple error messages telling me it cannot find the files "Documents", "and", "local&quo...

Questions on Document/View architecture
Hi, I've gone over several books that I bought off-shelf on MFC. But even now, I can't understand what the document is used for. The most confusing element is OnOpenDocument and serialize For onopendocument, the book indicates that you can initialize array elements and other stuff. However, what happens when I want to load stuff from disk amd initialize it on Onopendocument, I guess it is coming from the serialise method. But I did not find a place you can find the file's name.... Please help. Jack Jack wrote: > Hi, > I've gone over several books that I bought o...

when inserting a hyperlink the view is shortened with ././ at the beginning
when inserting a hyperink, the view is shortened at the beginning of th path with ../../ and it can not be opened by another user. th hyperlinks are to copies of email from a folder on a deskto -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Vista keeps chainging my folder view
I go into a folder and get the following colums Album Artist, Genre, #, Rating. I don't want any of this rubbish. I only want date Modified which is missing. I remove this and put in Date Modified. Next time I go to my PC they are back again and Date Modified is gone WHY WHY WHY. Desmond. Des wrote: > I go into a folder and get the following colums > Album Artist, Genre, #, Rating. I don't want any of this rubbish. I > only want date Modified which is missing. I remove this and put in > Date Modified. Next time I go to my PC they are back again and Date > M...

How do I customize the history view within contacts?
How do I customize the history view within contacts? I want to move the Actual End field to be further to the left than it is in the vanilla view -- colin mann, hawes signs Thanks to our IT Solutions partner epartners for the answer. In customisation, go to activities and then select close activity associated view and open activity associated view and customise each view -- colin mann, hawes signs "Colin Mann Hawes Signs" wrote: > How do I customize the history view within contacts? > > I want to move the Actual End field to be further to the left than it is in ...

recently viewed documents
in excel 97, the recently viewed documents list does not show up even when the options are set to 9 How are you opening the workbooks? In xl97, you have to do File|Open for them to show up. They won't show up if you double click on them from Windows Explorer. Mark wrote: > > in excel 97, the recently viewed documents list does not > show up even when the options are set to 9 -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Embedded picture saving as bmp untitled
Whenever I receive an email with pictures in the body, if I right click and try to save the picture it always saves as a bmp with the name of untitled. I can save attachment pictures fine. The email contains jpg and gif and they always try to save as bmp untitled. If I forward the email to outlook express, then I can save the picture in the format it was sent such as jpg or bmp, and I have no problem saving pictures from web sites either as is suggested in Microsoft's support files on the web. Outlook 2003 is the only program that will not save the pictures in original format with original...

Embedding HTML views with scripting into MFC application
Hello, newbie here.. bare with me.. I would like to add an HTML view to my MFC application. I would like this view to communicate with my application in two ways. a) I would like the view to display information obtained from functions in my app. b) I would like links in this view to call functions within my application. I would imagine that such a monster application would require scripting as an agent between the app and the html. I am not exactly clear on how this would play out. Could someone point me in the direction of the technologies needed to make this happen and how they fit...

Excel 2003 Insert Picture changes JPG to PNG format
Since earlier versions of Excel won't read a PNG formatted picture, how to I configure Excel 2003 not to change any inserted pictures into the PNG format? I need the jpg pictures to stay in the jpg format! Try my pic importer at: http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway "WildBill" wrote: > Since earlier versions of Excel won't read a PNG formatted picture, how to I > configure Excel 2003 not to change any inserted pictures into the PNG format? > I need the jpg pictures to stay in the jpg format! > ...

Filter a product look-up view (product)
Does anybody know how you can filter a product lookup view (in 3.0)? I want to be able to limit the products seen based on a business unit. I.e., we have a pool of products and 4 separate business units. Not all business units need access to all products. The idea is when you create a quote/Order etc. and choose a product, only products valid for your business unit should show up -- Jim H. ...