How do I unlock pub.2000 to open pub2000 files?

When I attempt to open file previously created in Pub2000 get message saying
file is locked because it is currently being used by another program. Close
other program and then try opening or importing file again. Problem is I do
not see or know of any open file
0
allyas77 (1)

Is the file on your hard drive? Right-click the file, properties, is the "read only"
checked? If it is clear it.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"allyas77" <allyas77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I attempt to open file previously created in Pub2000 get message saying
> file is locked because it is currently being used by another program. Close
> other program and then try opening or importing file again. Problem is I do
> not see or know of any open file

0
gsauer (5093)

I cannot enter data in my Excel 2000 spreadsheet
Good afternoon dear members of the microsoft.public.excel.misc newsgroup. I need Your kindly help. I cannot enter data in my Excel 2000 document for one or other reason. I just clic on any of the spreasheet cells and type for word but it does not work. Any idea ? Many Thanks. Octavio Ovidio What else is going on? Are you using VBA code on the back side? Are there any Excel alert boxes open behind your main application window? Please provide more information. Alex >-----Original Message----- >Good afternoon dear members of the microsoft.public.excel.misc newsgroup. I >nee...

Save as web problems with Pub 2000
I am running Publisher 2000 (from Office 2000) on Windows 2000 professional with a 933Mhz / 128 Mb Ram / Pent III Compaq Presario and I have tried to do a &#8220;save as web page&#8221; and I have the following error come up and the program shuts down. The error is MSPUB.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. To try and fix the problem I ran the repair facility on the CD and also reinstalled the program twice, and that did not fix the problem. I used to have Windows ME and the same Office...

Publisher 2000 will not import JPEG picture
I have several JPEG photos that I can import into Publisher 98 but refuse to import into Publisher 2000 (SP3) any ideas? I have tried converting the pictures to other formats but get the same results. Could be your filter(s) is/are corrupt. Look on your hard for a folder similar to this: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt Rename the JPEGIM32.FLT to something else such as jpegim32.old, from your Publisher CD drag a new instance of this file into the same folder. If you think more than one filter is bad, remove all the filters and replace them from the CD. -- Mary Sa...

Format date in excel 2000 like '31st January 2005' #4
Trying to set up field in Excel Data Source file so that the current date can be input in letters typed in this format '31st January 2005' Is it possible or am I stuck with dd/mmm/yy format? Good afternoon Malcolm Agingwell Would the date in the format "31 January 2005" be of any use to you? If so, set up a custom format of dd mmmm yyyy. Excel doesn't handl ordinals (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc) on its own. HTH Dominic -- dominic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

Pub 2002/2003 & Pack and Go question
I'm working with someone long distance on a newsletter. She has Publisher 2003 and I have Publisher 2002. She emailed me her file and I can open it fine in 2002, but I'm missing some fonts that she used. I had her do a Pack and Go and send me all the files with that feature, but when I try to run the exe file, I get a "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." Is this error because she has 2003 and I have 2002? Should I just have her email me the fonts. Is that the easiest solution...

Sharing Contacts and Calendars in Outlook 2000
We have a small peer to peer network of 3 PC's in my office. One is running Windows 98 and the other 2 are running Windows 2000 Professional. All three have Office 2000 Professional. I am using Outlook but I want others in the office to use it also and be able to share contacts and calendars etc. How do I make that happen? http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm should help. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching ...

Primission / resticted access to files using the MS server
I wish I have NEVER deciced to use this facility!!!@ I should have kept to paper and pin.. This word file is totally useless to me now. I have been using the tool facilty sucessfully for years but now it won't let me get to my own files.., I think you can tell what I think about this product. Hello Ron Ron wrote: > I wish I have NEVER deciced to use this facility!!!@ I should have kept to > paper and pin.. This word file is totally useless to me now. I have been > using the tool facilty sucessfully for years but now it won't let me get to > my own fi...

Outlook98 unable to open any attachments
I knew there was a quick fix at one time... removing a registry key? I have already removed the outcmd.dat and used /safe to start Outlook in safe mode.... trying to support one of my users. Thanks! Christina What is your email environment; Exchange, POP3, etc.? Are there error messages when you try to open an attachment? Can you open the attachment if you save it to the desktop instead? Just trying to get some sense of what's going on. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www....

File is not in a recognizable format.
Everytime I open Excel 2000, I get "This file is not in a recognizable format". I wonder if I have a corrupt default file. I tried to replace book.xlt with a newly saved book.xlt, it didn't help. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks, Liz Sounds like you have a file in your XLSTART directory that doesn't belong there. Use Windows' Find to locate the directory. If the rogue file isn't obvious, move all files out of that directory, then move them back one at a time, restarting Excel and quitting each time, to see which one is causing the problem. On Wed, 22 Sep 2...

Single Click Files
Realized that I can no longer single click to open files. Found at Folder Options the single click radio button is grayed-out now. Can this be changed? ...

can I forward mail without opening/viewing?
I know that sounds like a weird question, but my ISP invites users to forward spam to a special mailboxes in their never-ending (heh) effort to reduce the flow of the junk. With Outlook, I cannot figure out how to forward a message without its opening up for viewing. This is exactly what I don't want to do, because if it's html I really don't want to validate my email address. TIA Jason -- reverse my name in email address Jason, What you would have to do is create "rules" to do this, which you can set Outlook to if it receives a certain criteria, it can say FWD ...

Excel opens two worksheets instead of one
I have Office 2007 and recently upgraded to Windows 7. When I open an existing document in Excel, sometimes (about 50% of the time) it opens a second blank worksheet along with it. Word does this also. Is there a way to fix this? -- Thank you ...

Publisher 2003 vs 2000
Using HP 1200dtn in duplex mode: publisher 2000 matches both sides perfectly, publisher 2003 is 1/2 inch off one side to the other. -- Thanks for your help. Leonard wrote: || Using HP 1200dtn in duplex mode: publisher 2000 matches both sides || perfectly, publisher 2003 is 1/2 inch off one side to the other. || -- || Thanks for your help. Try downloading the new PCL driver just released 2 weeks ago for the hp1200 dtn: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=411181&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=411179&submit...

Outlook data file check
Hello, I am using Outlook 2007 on XPSP2. Quite often on startup I get a message the Outlook is doing a file check and performance may be slow. I also often get on computer startup a message requesting me to send an error report to Microsoft that includes a few episodes of Outlook not responding. Any idea what this could be about and how to prevent both? -- Thanks, Bob ...

Slow loading of money files
Upgraded from deluxe 2007 to deluxe 2008 (Money Plus Deluxe). Same file now takes 10-15 minutes to load, and that is if it loads at all. Maxes out both CPUs and freezes up sometimes. Have done both quick and standard repair with "no errors". File size increased by 20 MB after repair. Running on Vista Ultimate x32. Right now I can't use the upgrade in the present state. Fist time in eleven years I've had a "real difficult" problem using Money. Any suggestions? What changed behind the scenes to cause this? In microsoft.public.money, wolschon1 wrote: >...

Refresh of links in shared file.
I have created a shared file that has a production schedule. It has links to another non-shared file so that I can use/refresh a query to pull production information from a database and put it into pivot tables. I have a vlookup to find the totals of the part in the pivot table. When I have the schedule file shared and open and I have the "update file" open and then update the query everything in my shared document updates. I save changes. The problem is others cannot see these changes by saving (it works if I type numbers instead of using a link to the update file...

How to Delete fb_540.lck or Any LCK files?
WinXP user here. Trying to clear my temp files however cannot delete files with .lck extension. Says being used by another person or program. Seems these files are accumulating and can't be deleted. TIA shaka For good reason they are locked files! They are usually critical databases that programs will LOCK when in use so they don't get corrupt There are Many Programs that use this Extension http://www.file-extensions.org/lck-file-extension Depending on where you find them would be a good clue on what program is using them. If they are "GROWING" in a d...

Getting Excel 2000 Options to be remembered
Two questions really: 1. How do I get options for a particular workbook to be saved? I am findng that the option to have R1C1 Reference style to be ticked does not get saved with the workbook but other options do. 2. How can I get options to be either global for all workbooks or for a range of workbooks? Thanks Mervyn Mervyn Unfortunately, R1C1 style is one of those options that is set by the first workbook that is opened in a session. Calculation Mode is another. You could set the R1C1 style in your Personal.xls which will open hidden with each session of Excel, thus ensuring that th...

Inserting pictures in a CHM file
With the HTML Help Workshop from MS, I'm trying to add pictures to some of my pages with mixed results. Small pictures seem to work ok but larger ones (>500 kb) don't. After compiling the help file, the frame is present with no picture. Can anyone help? Best regards, Fred Fred, > With the HTML Help Workshop from MS, I'm trying to add pictures to some of > my pages with mixed results. Small pictures seem to work ok but larger ones > (>500 kb) don't. After compiling the help file, the frame is present with > no picture. What tool are you using to ...

Difference between an excel worksheet and XLXS file
I'm a beginner in the world of computer and ms office. On my computer I using Office2007. In excel Icreate a file and saved it as .XLXS file. For the correctons of this file I send to my friend,by using a flash disk. My friend is using Office2003. My file is not oppen on my friend's computer.Why? "Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CE55079-436D-411F-BA7B-9C122AB3CFB2@microsoft.com... > I'm a beginner in the world of computer and ms office. On my computer I > using Office2007. In excel Icreate a file and saved it as .XLXS f...

The presentation cannot be opened. Outlook 2010 Beta
I am using Outlook 2010 Beta, and every time I receive a PPT or PPS attachment and try to open it, the following message apears: The presentation cannot be opened. Your antivirus program may prevent you from opening the presentation. To fix this problem, make sure your antivirus program is current and working correctly. If the problem persists and the presentation is from someone that you trust, turn off your antivirus program, and then try to open the presentation again. If you do this, make sure you turn on your antivirus program again after you open the presentation. I hav...

calls to extract data from an open database
I have a workbook that on the “open” event connects to an Oracle database using ADO, this works fine. I need to code various calls to the data base to run several queries. How do I achieve this? Do I have to repeat the ADO connection string to the database complete with password etc; I am sure this is not necessary. Any code will be very gratefully received. -- with kind regards Spike The usual way to handle this is have a Public or Private ADO connection object so you can set that up once and keep it alive till you don't need it anymore. So for example: Opti...

transfer OE files from Win2k to XP
I'm going to help my dad install XP on his existing machine. It's going to be a clean install so we're overwriting his 2000 installation completely. He's already backed up everything from the machine that he wants to keep. But it occurred to me that OE could be a problem. He's still using OE for email despite my efforts to get him away from it. I know how to transfer the files from one installation to another (email files and address book). But I recall doing something like this some years ago and ran into a problem. I just don't remember if it's the s...

Download file from another server
Hi , I am working on C# in Asp.net 2.0 . I have to downlaod file from another server . If i wirte Server.mappath("") It gives me local path. I want to access that server from my application server to get that file. please help me. Thanks, Hemant "Hemant" <Hemant@nomail.com> wrote in message news:#dfMx#0yKHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I am working on C# in ASP.NET 2.0. > I have to downlaod file from another server. OK. > If I write Server.mappath("") It gives me local path. Yes, it would. > I want to a...

Opening Calendar 'hangs' Outlook, CPU 100%
Hi, has anyone experienced this? A week ago one of our users complained that his calender made his Outlook 'hang' trying to add an appointment on a date past December 9 2003. System: Exchange 55-sp4 on NT4-sp6a, Outlook 2000 on client Win2000. I noticed that all other functions in Outlook worked without any problems, but trying to open or even look at any date past December 9 in his calendar would freeze the PC (CPU 100%). Logging into another workstation produced exactly the same problem. Opening the calendar in my own Outlook (admin) produced the same problem. Following several Tech...