How do I stop opening new publications?

We're working on the literary magazine, and we took something from a floppy
and put it on the first page.  Then we took out the floppy, put in another
one, and put that document on page two.  However, it opened a whole new
publication and we currently have seven new publications running.  How do I
stop this?

PS: We honestly DO know how to run computers...just NOT Publisher.  I promise.

Have you tried...Insert / Page...
(Ctrl+Shift+N).

Also it may be a good idea to
copy the files to your hard drive
before importing them into Publisher.

--

John Inzer

"InTooDeep0604" <InTooDeep0604@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We're working on the literary magazine, and we took something from a
> floppy
> and put it on the first page.  Then we took out the floppy, put in another
> one, and put that document on page two.  However, it opened a whole new
> publication and we currently have seven new publications running.  How do
> stop this?
>
> PS: We honestly DO know how to run computers...just NOT Publisher.  I
> promise.

0
oobie (2069)

Outlook 2000 not opening.

Mail enabled public folders / spam
Hello, For each of my users inbox I have exchange mark mail with the SCL and move anything over my threshold into their junk mail folder. This works pretty well and eliminates nearly all of the spam we get. I have not thus far managed to work out how to get this working for mail enabled public folders. How can I set this up (perhaps nominating anotehr folder as the 'junk mail' folder) or something similar? TIA, Nick ...

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

Setting Defaults in New Item Wizard
How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to always be checked. Help... Good question, I need an answer too. "A StanTech Associate" wrote: > How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a > barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to > always be checked. Help... You can set the default sales tax under Manager, File, Configuration, Sales Tax, Default item tax group. To set a default barcode type yo...

Cannot Drag Open Desktop Screen
Hi: I have a friend running XP MCE (2005) SP3 and he cannot drag an open screen on his desktop by Left clicking and holding cursor on the top of screen. Any suggestions as to how to remedy this problem of not being able to drag a screen will be appreciated Thanks, ColTom2. On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:48:43 -0400, "ColTom2" <noemailaddress@nomail.com> wrote: >Hi: > > I have a friend running XP MCE (2005) SP3 and he cannot drag an open >screen on his desktop by Left clicking and holding cursor on the top of >screen. > > A...

calendar sometimes opens in month view
every once in a while (sorry that i can't be more precise), i find that clicking on calendar, under 'all folders' , causes it to open in month view. i can go back to inbox, and again click on calendar and get month view again. for most of a day. then it goes back to opening on current day. which it does most of the time. i don't remember if this happens after a reboot, standby, or just for no apparent reason. actually i prefer month view and wish i could make it open this way all the time. any ideas about what it happening here? ...

new activity not in the appropriate queue
Help! I installed the Rollup 3 for MS CRM 4 and since then all created activities are redirected to the users assigned folder in queue and not in progress(my current activities) folder! It's not logical because a new activity is not yet assigned to a different user to be in the assigned folder !! I can't believe this is on purpose and I DON'T have a workflow on this. Can someone tell me how to fix this? ...

Opening Excel email attachments
When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find suitable program.I then go online to find Excel but only get Uopdates. PC is XP version with Works Suite 2002. A fe months back my dear wife was downloading Excel an got board with waiting and shut down the PC! Any suggestions. Thanks Karl Hi there's no legal way to download Excel!! You have to buy< an Excel version and install it on your PC (or try to open the file with MS Works - but live with the restricted functionality) >-----Original Message----- >When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find >suitable progra...

Public folder and subfolders
Is there a way to have public folder client permissions propogate to subfolders either automatically or manually? I have several public folders I am making for different departments. I would like to give the individual departments access to the public folder and it's subfolders by using exchange 2003's mail enabled security groups. Example: Accounting Calendar Tasks Contacts The way it is working now I need to setup the subfolders permissions separately from the main folder if I created them before applying permissions to the main folder. the pfdavadmin tool is great for p...

problem opening up program/file

Office 2008 "Office Installer" could not be opened
Trying to install Office 2008... When I double click the Office Installer icon....I get the following message: The document �Office Installer� could not be opened. I'm on a MacBook Pro. I've never had problems installing programs before. This is new. Thanks for any help. On 2/26/08 2:03 PM, in article ee8edf5.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Dags@officeformac.com" <Dags@officeformac.com> wrote: > Trying to install Office 2008... > > When I double click the Office Installer icon....I get the following message: > > The document �Office Installer� could ...

Can not open additional mailboxes in my mailbox after a exchange 2003 rebuild database
To Exchange 2003 Gurus I have a exchange server that serve a lot of users. 3 week ago I had to repair the database with great success. But now I noticed a problem that in the past I was able to acomplished I can not open additional mailboxes in my mailbox.(right click on my mailbox>properties>advanced>Advanced tab> and when I click on add I get THE NAME COULD NOT BE RESOLVE. THE ACTION COULD NOT BE COMPLETED. This message appear eventhough I did not type anything Here is more info -I am able to open additional mailboxes if I use a computer with my profile that I created before I r...

"Freeze panes" settings lost after opening file in two windows
I'm using Excel 2003. I've got a big Excel file with multiple tabs. Many of them use "freeze panes" to keep headings in place. I needed to flip back and forth between multiple tabs, so I opened the file in a second windows. Now, when I save it, all the "freeze pane" settings are lost. Any suggestions? Thanks. That Freeze panes setting is assocated with a window. Maybe you're not looking at the correct window or maybe you closed the window that had freeze panes applied. I'd try: Window|Arrange|horizontal to see if you still have multiple windows assoc...

Email a publication
I am trying to email a publication. I have Outlook 2007 and Publisher 2007 but I continue to get the message "Publisher cannot complete the operation". Help! -- lindafromva If you've created the publication in publisher, it's best to convert it to a PDF before sending - if the person you're emailing doesn't have Publisher (alot of folks don't), they won't be able to open it. Convert to a PDF using Adobe, then attach it to your email. That should work. "Lindafromva" wrote: > I am trying to email a publication. I have Outlook 2007 and Pu...

hyperlink open in a new page
After reading all the other posts, and inserting "HTML Code Fragment" here's my prob. I don't want folks to see the actual HTML text. I got a pic of a calendar, and, I want it to simply open my yah00 calendar in another window. I've figured out how to patch a pic to a link, but (of course) I want it to open in a new window, again, without the HTML text being visible. What am I missing? Reference: Create a hyperlink in Publisher that opens in a new window: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA011587451033.aspx Use the ECMAScript code approach, and insert ...

ANN: New version of Database Workbench, the multi-DBMS IDE now available!
Ladies, gentlemen, Upscene Productions is proud to announce the next version of the popular multi-DBMS development tool: " Database Workbench 4.0 Pro" With this version we're reached a milestone: Database Workbench is now fully Unicode enabled and offers new tools to increase your productivity. There have been numerous improvements to existing tools and the user interface making it even better than before. For more information, see http://www.upscene.com/ Database Workbench supports: - Borland InterBase ( 4.x - 9.x ) - Firebird ( 1.x, 2.x ) - MS SQL...

Book2 on open; click on X's twice to close Excel 2007?
I had a very annoying quirk that suddenly appeared in my work copy of Excel 2007: whenever I opened Excel, I was presented with a blank workspace. I was accustomed to seeing Book1 and a blank spreadsheet. When I clicked on the New icon, I always started out with Book2! This was the first book I created, why should it be Book2? Also, everytime I tried to close my session of Excel, I would click on the upper right X and the file would close, but the application would not?! I had to click on the same X a second time to close out the whole application. In reading several posts in thi...

unable to open or create OWA messages in IE
Starting this afternoon we are no longer able to open or create new messages in Outlook Web Access 2003. Everydody can login, and the message box pops up, but it hangs without displaying the message contents. The problem is only with IE, and it's affecting all clients regardless of the location. We can open and send messages with Firefox with no problem. Nothing has changed on the server (that we're aware of) and a reboot failed to resolve the problem. Anybody here see anything like this before? On Fri, 26 May 2006 21:11:51 GMT, Keith W <not@this.net> wrote: >Starting this a...

public view which displays all the records under a business unit?
Hi we have a requirement where a user should be able to see all the records created under his business unit by selecting a public view. He must be able to see all the records created by other users belonging to his business unit. If any one has worked on this or faced the similar requirement, please revert back. Your help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance ...

How do I enable read access so I can open an access attachment 04-20-10
Messaggio multiparte in formato MIME. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01CAE0D2.B0BCFD10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I just bought Microsoft Office 2007 enterprise for school. When I try to = open=20 an attached "ACCESS file from mb school ( so I can edit it for homework) = a=20 box with an EXCLAMATION POINT in it shows up and says "the file does not = exist, or I don't have read access to the file.." how do I fix this so I = can=20 do my homework? One more thing, I have no problem opening an ...

Opening a form from a Pop-up
I have a pop-up form I have created so that instructors can double-click on a user number and a New Student form is supposed to open. I have done several pop-up boxes to open other forms and they all seem to work just fine. However, on this particular pop-up, when I double-click a number, I get the following error message "The specified field '[UserNumber]" could refer to more than one table listed in the FROM clause of your SQL statement." I am using a query to draw the information and there is only one table being used in the query. When I check the SQL statemen...