How do I set-up for tractor feed plant labels in publisher

I do not even know if it is possible ... I have been unsuccessful to date

I am trying to set up my own program to print labels
4.5" long and .5 high
they are tractor fed ...connected to each other top-to-bottom with no space
between
I want to print 3 small lines in 3 1/2" of the space

I can set up the text part but getting the labels to tractor fed instead of
sheet feed is the issue

Have you tried your printer manufacturer's web site for support? Okidata and others
have pretty good support documents.
This maybe helpful
Page alignment is lost when you print a long document to a dot-matrix printer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329752/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"featherstone" <featherstone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I do not even know if it is possible ... I have been unsuccessful to date
>
> I am trying to set up my own program to print labels
> 4.5" long and .5 high
> they are tractor fed ...connected to each other top-to-bottom with no space
> between
> I want to print 3 small lines in 3 1/2" of the space
>
> I can set up the text part but getting the labels to tractor fed instead of
> sheet feed is the issue

0
gsauer (5093)

How to mark and creat index in Publisher 2003
When I make a book in Publisher 2003, it looks like the same in Word 2003. But how can I mark and creat index in Publisher 2003, and creat the contents in the head of the book? Thanks a lot. ----James Manually. There is no function built into Publisher to do that. -- ...

Money 2007 -- QIF import
Good Evening! After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions) with little trouble except for the date format. (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do with my regional settings!) As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel, then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file. The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106" (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006,...

XP and Publisher
Which versions of Publisher work with XP? I tried to install the one that game with my Gateway which ran Windows 95 and it didn't go. I don't use the program very much, just to make cassette and CD labels, so I would like to buy an older version on eBay but don't want to buy one that is not compatable with XP. Thank you Dave Schwartz David Schwartz wrote: > Which versions of Publisher work with XP? I tried to > install the one that game with my Gateway which ran > Windows 95 and it didn't go. I don't use the program > very much, just to make cassette a...

Publisher 2003 and Publisher 2003 with Digitial Imaging
On a Windows 2000 O/S does the user need to be a Administrator or Power user to use Publisher 2003 and Publisher with Digital Imaging. We would like to purchase but, user's do not have Administrative or Power User priviledges on the local machines. Thanks I am not sure, but I believe you need Administrative privileges to install software. Installing your own software would probably get the MIS alligators on your case real quick like anyway<G> "Cindy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81eb01c40316$deddfaf0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > O...

label points on an XY graph
Please add the ability to label points in an XY graph. This feature was available in the very first release of Lotus 123 in used back in 1984. The add in "XY lChart abeler" works okay, but is very slow with large data sets and does not work well when the data is modified (e.g. it does not adjust when a row is deleted). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to ope...

Adding Collapse/Expand to Publisher 2003 items
Hi I'm trying to enter a text box which may be expanded/Collapsed as follows: > More Info... > Next Item... > More Info... When you want bla bla bla, do bla bla bla, > Next Item... Can anyone tell me how to implement it?! Thank you 'bla bla bla' is the sound of geckos mating - so the naturalists tell me. No, you cannot do what you want. Your answer is rude & arrogant. I don't know why would anyone put you in a position to Accept calls for help. Besides - I don't believe it can't be done. Please don't call again "*...

Insert page from another Publisher file
I am trying to insert a page from one Publisher doc into another Publisher doc. I don't want to COPY/PASTE since that would mean I would have to reformatt the text. Help. If it is only one page, use the Painter tool. Open help and read how to use it. Copy/paste from one Publisher document to another doesn't change the formatting, have you tried? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mark Davies" <Mark Davies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FB773EB-AE03-484E-8818-EED12FFAC0FB@mi...

Organization Settings Error
Seems like everyone is having a similar issue with CRM 3.0, no supprise then whats following... Problem: Error message to contact sysadmin when selecting either System Settings or Fiscal Year Settings. (you can access Auto Numbering) Tried: Changed expiry on server to immediately from 3 days. Rebooted both server and client, with no fix. Deleted all cached Internet files, with no fix. Can anyone help ?? (my only other thought is to wait till Monday and see if anything hanging in the system expires (3 days)). Any help greatly appreciated. I dont know if this helps? You may have...

Setting Default mail handler
Hello All I am running Windows 2k Professional, Internet Explorer 6 Outlook Express 6 and Outlook 97. I use Outlook Express because it's best for these newsgroups, and I also use it for all emailing. I use Outlook for calendar. The problem is that when I click a Send Email button on a website, or I want to use a 'Send Object' command from an Access application, etc. etc., I keep getting a window popping up that asks me to 'Choose Profile' - and the only option available in the drop-down window is Outlook: but I want to use Outlook Express! In Outlook Express, under Tools...

Printing return address labels
I have XP with Works Suite 2003. Ican't print return address labels. I am using the Microsoft task program and Home Depot labels. I have set it up properly I think and it goes through all the motions of printing labels but will not lay down any ink. The Lexmark W125 printer works great in all other respects except for this label thing. Lexmark told me it sounded like a soft ware problem. They took control remotely and could find nothing wrong. Suggested I contact Microsoft so here I am. If you can heelp I will appreciate it. James On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 14:23:01 -0800, jwmtx ...

importing publisher files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have many publisher 2003 project files I would like to use, but have not found away to import them into office 2008. Any suggestions on how to convert them to a use able format? lckid@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > I have many publisher 2003 project files I would like to use, but have not found away to import them into office 2008. Any suggestions on how to convert them to a use able format? Hi The conversion has to be done u...

Publisher on Vista 64 bit
I have Publisher 2002 on a Win 2K desktop. I just bought a laptop with Vista 64-bit and just got a new job. The job requires me to have Publisher on my laptop. (I love the Vista, by the way. It works flawlessly.) Q 1: Can I upgrade my current Pub to 2007 to use on my laptop? I bought the 2002 and installed it on my Win 2K desktop system. Q 2: I'm upgrading the desktop to Win XP. Will that run Pub 2002? 2007? Q3 (the big one): Can I run Pub 2007 on my Vista 64 bit? If not, WHAT CAN I DO??? Please help. I really need to figure this out to do this job. Publisher 2007 will work on Vist...

Publisher 2007 and Outlook's calender
Hi, I've been trying to make a calender with the Publisher, based on the data it Outlook 2007. Is there any automatic way to do it? Thanks ...

Can Publisher be used for commercial use?
Yes. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Mike, you're a linguist, you speak Gina's language. :) -- Don Vancouver, USA "Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message news:4165C306.4070306@fuse.net... > > > > ...

Concatenating two sets of records
I have two "sub"-queries that each yield the correct set of data from each of two sets of source tables. These tables have some degree of commonality (but are not "related"). The field (column) names in each of these two queries are identical to one another. Where one either of the queries does not produce any data for a particular field that only has meaning in the other query, I simply define a field with the appropriate name (i.e., the same name as in other other query)and assign it a value of Null. What I now want to do is bring BOTH result sets together (conc...

Creating Publisher Documents From Word, Excel, and Power Point
Will Microsoft Publisher merge documents in Word, Excel, and Power Point into a single document, while retaining the printer setup of each application so the Word Document is printed in portrait while the Power Point documents are printed landscape and Excel prints on large format using the defined print areas. For legal purposes the pages must be numbered in sequence from begging to end. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from JoeJJ <Joe.Jones3@hp.com>!"... > Will Microsoft Publisher merge documents in Word, Excel, and Power > Point into a sin...

deleting extra pages in publisher
I have a booklet layout in Publisher with far too many pages. Can I delete the unwanted pages all at once? Paul Cunningham wrote: > I have a booklet layout in Publisher with far too many pages. Can I delete > the unwanted pages all at once? That depends which version of Publisher you're running. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Setting up out of office reply on exchange server 5.5
Hello, Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with internet mail connector, using SMTP/POP. Thank you Leo wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather > than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is > off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with > internet mail connector, using SMTP/POP. I'm confused - where does POP...

I would like to set up my emails by date w/a space inbetween each
Up until a few minutes ago I had my emails separated by a date (i.e. Mondays emails, Tuesday's emails, etc.) I don't know what I did but I would like to change the view back to being able to go to Monday, Tuesday, Last Week, Last Month. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Outlook version please? You can probably find the option to "show in groups" under the view menu/tab. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/K...

Converting / Squishing a publisher file
Yes I'm new to this...I have a promo document created in publisher...its over 30MB. I've had it converted to PDF format, however, its still 2MB...I was hoping someone had some ideas of how to make the file smaller...is there a way this can be done? I need to make it down to 1MB, for posting on a website...hence can it somehow be squished? I'd rather not break the document up...and looks great in the publisher format, as opposed to other programs. If you are using it on a web site, bring the images into an editing program and reduce the resolution of the images. Web pages...

Setting up Simple Budget in money 2003 = Impossible!
Here's my criteria...up until this point I've been doing this by hand in a basic ledger book, and the only part that really sucks is the Deposit Entry. I was hoping MONEY 2003 would be the solution to all my problems by AUTOMATING this process, but alas.... I must be a financial retard because I just can't get this thing to work the way I'd like it to. My Scenario is quite simple...all I want money to do is track a simple budget for me. Example: I have four monthly bills: Telephone Cable Mortgage Electricity ON average, my MONTHLY expenses for these categories are: Telephon...

Publisher 2003
Is it possible to set up different page margins throughout a Publisher file? We have a large file but some pages need to have slightly different margins. I have looked at Section Break (thinking of Word) but this only appears to help you control the page numbering - so perhaps it isn't possible? Thanks All pages will have the same margins. However you can drag guidelines for the other pages, put your cursor on the ruler, drag the guides. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ChrisB" <chis@wanadoo.co....

"rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry" Printer Deployment doesn't work with Publisher?
I'm deploying MS Publisher XP in a school Active Directory environment (Win2k Server, XP Pro Clients). To ease administration I've deployed a network printer shared from a Windows 2000 Server using the command: "rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /ga /c\\<workstation> /n\\<servername>\<printshare>" The printer is installed for each User and everything prints fine for each user, Word, Wordpad, IE, etc... EXCEPT Publisher! When attempting to print from Publisher the following error message occurs: "Please choose another printer. Publisher cannot find t...

Can't set Word as email editor in Outlook 2003
I'm recovering from a system crash and am having trouble getting Outlook 2003 working correctly again. I want to use Word 2003 as my email editor, but when I go to: Tools, Options, Mail Format the boxes for "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages" and "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to resd Rich Text e-mail messages" are grayed out. I did a complete Windows Professional reinstallation and added all SPs and patches.Windows Update says I am 100% up to date. I did the same thing with Microsoft Office Professional 2003, everything is current. I used to...

Publisher won't start from Start menu
Its happened before and I can't remember how it was put right (by a nice lady on here if I recall) but I double click my shortcut for Publisher in the Start menu, and...nothing. I have to go into C:\Program Files\office to click on the thumbnail thedre before it'll work. Anyone know how to fix this ? Right click MSPub.exe, Drag the Publisher icon from the Program Files to the desktop or Quick Launch, click "Create shortcut here". -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Phil K" <philk001@gmail.com> wrote in message news:33526F5B-7319-4771-8E3D-4E937F...