How do I set up a half fold greeting card in Publisher?

I prefer to make by greeting cards and some other publications on a half fold
card format.  I have Publisher 2003 and have only been able to find quarter
fold templates or samples both in the program and online.  Does anyone have a
template for a half fold card or know where I can get one for Publisher?  I
tried using the tent card template, but it is just too awkward to work
looking at it sideways and figuring out the right way to make it print.
Since the half fold greeting card format is available in much less
sophisticated programs like PrintMaster, I assume it must be available
somewhere for Publisher if I just knew where to look.

Thanks!
0
Liz1 (52)

Page setup, booklet, width 5.5 height 4.25.
This will print two identical cards on 8.5 x 11 paper.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Liz" <Liz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I prefer to make by greeting cards and some other publications on a half fold
> card format.  I have Publisher 2003 and have only been able to find quarter
> fold templates or samples both in the program and online.  Does anyone have a
> template for a half fold card or know where I can get one for Publisher?  I
> tried using the tent card template, but it is just too awkward to work
> looking at it sideways and figuring out the right way to make it print.
> Since the half fold greeting card format is available in much less
> sophisticated programs like PrintMaster, I assume it must be available
> somewhere for Publisher if I just knew where to look.
>
> Thanks!

0
gsauer (5093)
11/13/2004 11:44:47 PM
Liz wrote:
> I prefer to make by greeting cards and some other publications on a
> half fold card format.  I have Publisher 2003 and have only been able
> to find quarter fold templates or samples both in the program and
> online.  Does anyone have a template for a half fold card or know
> where I can get one for Publisher?  I tried using the tent card
> template, but it is just too awkward to work looking at it sideways
> and figuring out the right way to make it print. Since the half fold
> greeting card format is available in much less sophisticated programs
> like PrintMaster, I assume it must be available somewhere for
> Publisher if I just knew where to look.
>
> Thanks!

Think logically. What else comes in half-fold landscape format? The template
is there and it's staring you in the face. File > Page Setup and flick
through the options...
lose his marbles?

0
misstick (379)
11/13/2004 11:50:58 PM
Liz wrote:
>I prefer to make by greeting cards and some other
> publications on a half fold card format.  I have
> Publisher 2003 and have only been able to find quarter
> fold templates or samples both in the program and online.
> Does anyone have a template for a half fold card or know
> where I can get one for Publisher?  I tried using the
> tent card template, but it is just too awkward to work
> looking at it sideways and figuring out the right way to
> make it print. Since the half fold greeting card format
> is available in much less sophisticated programs like
> PrintMaster, I assume it must be available somewhere for
> Publisher if I just knew where to look.
>
> Thanks!
=======================
Try the following:

Go to...File / Page setup...

Publication type / Folded card...

Choose (topfold or sidefold)...

To make it a Half fold card...enter
the the following...

Sidefold:
Width - 5.5
Height - 8.5
Landscape / OK
(Automatically insert pages?)...Yes.

Topfold:
Width - 8.5
Height - 5.5
Portrait / OK
(Automatically insert pages?)...Yes.

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)
11/14/2004 12:08:50 AM
Thanks to everyone who answered with useful information!  I now know of two
ways to accomplish what I want and have learned more about different ways to
use Publisher (I'm really new at this program).

Liz ^..^

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Page setup, booklet, width 5.5 height 4.25.
> This will print two identical cards on 8.5 x 11 paper.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
> "Liz" <Liz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I prefer to make by greeting cards and some other publications on a half fold
> > card format.  I have Publisher 2003 and have only been able to find quarter
> > fold templates or samples both in the program and online.  Does anyone have a
> > template for a half fold card or know where I can get one for Publisher?  I
> > tried using the tent card template, but it is just too awkward to work
> > looking at it sideways and figuring out the right way to make it print.
> > Since the half fold greeting card format is available in much less
> > sophisticated programs like PrintMaster, I assume it must be available
> > somewhere for Publisher if I just knew where to look.
> >
> > Thanks!

0
Liz1 (52)
11/14/2004 12:22:01 AM
John Inzer wrote:
> Liz wrote:
>> I prefer to make by greeting cards and some other
>> publications on a half fold card format.  I have
>> Publisher 2003 and have only been able to find quarter
>> fold templates or samples both in the program and online.
>> Does anyone have a template for a half fold card or know
>> where I can get one for Publisher?  I tried using the
>> tent card template, but it is just too awkward to work
>> looking at it sideways and figuring out the right way to
>> make it print. Since the half fold greeting card format
>> is available in much less sophisticated programs like
>> PrintMaster, I assume it must be available somewhere for
>> Publisher if I just knew where to look.
>>
>> Thanks!
> =======================
> Try the following:
>
> Go to...File / Page setup...
>
> Publication type / Folded card...
>
> Choose (topfold or sidefold)...
>
> To make it a Half fold card...enter
> the the following...
>
> Sidefold:
> Width - 5.5
> Height - 8.5
> Landscape / OK
> (Automatically insert pages?)...Yes.
>
> Topfold:
> Width - 8.5
> Height - 5.5
> Portrait / OK
> (Automatically insert pages?)...Yes.

John,

Sledgehammer > nut. Why take 20 steps when only one is needed?!

lose his marbles?

0
misstick (379)
11/14/2004 12:55:51 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
> John,
>
> Sledgehammer > nut. Why take 20 steps when only one is
> needed?!
Errr...I like to write directions?

I guess you are referring to...Page Setup / Booklet?
That's too easy...it should be eliminated immediately.
But guess what..it doesn't work if you want a top fold
card...ha   ha

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)

Disable SMTP Version in Greeting
Hello All: Is there an way to prevent Exchange 5.5 from disclosing SMTP information, version etc during the initial handshake? If so, can someone point me to a resource. Thanks "DOUG" <no@spam.com> wrote in news:eIuA1NA8DHA.3052@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl: > Is there an way to prevent Exchange 5.5 from disclosing SMTP > information, version etc during the initial handshake? If so, can > someone point me to a resource. You can modify it in Exchange 2000. For 5.5 I'd recommend either a third-party gateway product or a firewall. Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange ...

Publisher 2003 Graphics
I recently purchased Publisher 2003 as a stand alone program...at least I thought so! When I try to access any of the clip art from Publisher, it prompts me to enter the Office XP Media Content disk. I don't have one. I seem to be able to use the other features of the program. I looked all over the box the program came in and nowhere does it say that Office XP is a requirement. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Thanks so much! Candy Pub 2003 comes with a minimal amount of clip art. The rest is accessed online. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "can...

Publisher 2002 Fatal Exception
I am running publisher 2002 on a Windows 98 OS. Everytime I open a publisher file or start a new wizard, I get a fatal exception OE at 0167:BFF9DFFF Any ideas on this one? What Are Fatal Exception Errors http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;150314&Product=w98 Could be any number of things, bad memory, corrupt driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lauren Olsen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0e9f01c4a659$2b88eaf0$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I am run...

PIVOT tables and publishing thrm on a webpage
Is there a way to publish a pivot table in a html page but still kee exactly the same funcitonality that you have on a Excel spread sheet either by converting it to a java applet or something else . Any hel would be much appreciate -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Underlying Connection was Closed when opening System Settings
I've seen a couple of threads on "Underlying Connection was Closed" when opening System Settings. I just found a solution not mentioned in those posts and thought I would add to the knowledge base. System Settings requires a connection to Microsoft SQL Reporting Server (SRS). If your SRS server is down or offline the above error will be displayed. Zack Jones Chief Architect Q1 Technology ...

need help working in publisher 07
when i open a blank document it looks very squatty...the measurements are bigger across the top of the page and narrower along the sides of the page, even tho both are in inches. Do you mean your page is landscape instead of portrait? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "rebecca" <rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D569716A-8BBE-4FBF-89B6-5DD7E519E1D3@microsoft.com... > when i open a blank document it looks very squatty...the measurements are > bigger across the top of ...

How do I stop my Publisher 2003 document from saving as a webpag.
When I save a particular publication ( a newsletter) in Publisher 2003 as a Publisher 2000 document (so I can work on it elsewhere) it opens as a web page instead of a print document. When I convert it back to print, I lose a few inches of print on the left page that just don't print even when I change the margins. The missing print shows on the screen normally, it is only in print preview and on paper that it cuts off. Can I stop this from happening? Can I retrieve the missing print? Please help! You may have to reconstruct this publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://off...

Try Catch to Pinpoint Set-Based Error?
SQL 2008. I have a fairly simple Merge statement with this: When Not Matched Then Insert Values ( ... long column list ... cast( crazyCol1 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) , cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) ) The insert source is about 50,000 rows. One of the rows is failing the cast (original source is varchar(36). I would like to implement a try/catch block around this somehow so I can catch the offending row. How can I do that? Thanks. SnapDive (...

Embedded Fonts in Publisher
Why do I get a message about embedding fonts every time I open my files? How can I have it set as default to have them embedded without asking me? Thanks. Indian Publisher wrote: > Why do I get a message about embedding fonts every time I open my > files? How can I have it set as default to have them embedded without > asking me? Thanks. Do you mean embedded or missing? When you use a font in a publication it isn't embedded unless you specify (and many designers won't allow their fonts to be embedded). If Publisher cannot find an installed font it will promt you every ti...

Problems with Publisher 2000 and Windows 2000
One of my clients started having problems with Microsoft Publisher 2000 last week. Whenvever she tries to run it on her Windows 2000 box, Windows installer comes up and asks her to insert her office CD, she does, and then she receives an error message saying "The installation source for this product is not available." She is an administrator of her own machine, but ironically, the user "administrator" can run publisher without any problem. I have had this problem with the first disk of Office 2000 in the past, and microsoft was able to resolve it by sending a pr...

PUB file crashes Publisher on open
I have a publisher file that crashes MS Publisher on open, even tried some recovery programs and they crashed. Is it a lost cause? How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx <dmahlitz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1161174335.508250.183640@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... >I have a publisher file that crashes MS Publisher on open, even tried > some rec...

Gift Card Transaction??
I sold a customer a $100 gift card to the store, and when customer bought $110.00 worth of stuff, some how my cashier scan the gift card again.Then the drawer pop out, then the gift card shows a (90.00). Some how it gave a customer -90.00. Is there any way to prevent this from happening Please Reply ...

VLOOKUP with wild cards urgent!!
Lets say i have two sheets Sheet1 Pradeep Sheet 2 deep in sheet2 i wrote the formula =VLOOKUP("*deep*",Sheet1!A:A,1,TRUE), i was expecting Pradeep, but it gave me #N/A. How correct am i? thanks If you look in HELP for the specifications of VLOOKUP, you'll find nothing about wildcards. They are not implemented. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "J T" <agarwalp@lucent.com> wrote in message news:OwLhgG0tEHA.3932@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Lets say i have two sheets > Sheet1 > > Pradeep > > > Sheet 2 > deep > &...

2 panel brochure printing in publisher
I am trying to print a 2 panel brochure in publisher and when I print preview everything fits but when it prints pages 1, & 3 get cut off. I would like all the pages to fit and print so the pages are aligned when folded. its an 8x11 normal sheet. I don't know which margins to use to make it print correctly. Please help! Have you setup your brochure as a booklet? Do you know your printers margin limitations? A tutorial is here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Dominikin" <Dominikin@d...

Publisher 2002 Mail Merge Problems
Hi! I posted an inquiry on 2/21/04 regarding problems I'm having doing a mail merge in Publisher 2002 (using W98SE). I read a post that said I may need to intall MDAC file from MS...I did so and restarted my PC, but Publisher still freezes after opening the source file (in this case an Access database)and doesn't allow me to go to the next step. Any other advise? I may end up just printing labels and affixing them to the postcards I'm trying to mail merge information into...your help is appreciated! Use a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file. That will work. In Excel you g...

International Range style settings
Hi there, I am using Excel 2007, the Ducth version. I have created a workbook with macros, partly recorded. In one of the I am using some code like With ActiveCell If .Value < gdblNormValue Then .Style = "Ongeldig" End If End With In the English version it shoul be With ActiveCell If .Value < gdblNormValue Then .Style = "Bad" End If End With Is there a constant I can ue instead of the text "Bad"? Thanks Wouter Styles have both Name and Local name properties, so I *think* the English name should work ...

publisher 2003 #63
Kan man på nogen måde beskytte en publikation mod redigering. F.eks kan man i exel beskytte med en kode. mvh Anni ...

Newsletters in MS Publisher
how do I set up an 8 page newletter that will print on 11x17 paper with pages 1 & 8 and 2 & 7 on one sheet and pages 3 & 6 and pages 4 & 5 on the same sheet? ...

Single set of folders in Navigation Pane?
In Outlook 2007, I have Exchange Server and 2 POP accounts. I would like all of the messages from all of the accounts to display in the navigation pane in the same folders and follow the same rules and alerts. Currently I have Mailbox fro exchange and Personal folders for the 2 POP accounts. Can someone help me out with this? Thanks! You can set your delivery location for each account in; Tools-> Account Settings...-> tab Email You'll have to decide if you want the default location to be a pst-file or the Exchange mailbox. If you choose for a pst-file, all the d...

Outlook 2003 changing global auto archive settings?
Outlook offers to Run Auto Archive every days. It allows you to run it more frequently, but I would like to run it less frequently. In other words, I would like to run it every 120 days and then archive the bottom four months. It doesn't seem that you can change the auto archive setting above 60 days. Is there a way to do this? I have the box checked to ask me before auto archiving - but if I say no, will it continue to ask? Or, will it never ask again? Essentially I would like to archive every 4 months and not more frequently - and I would like to archive my inbox and my se...

How do I set up auto complete from a drop down list in Excel 2000.
I have a 10 sheet workbook that I will be sending out to various users around the world. For their convenience, we are adding a lot of drop down lists for them to choose from. However, since there are many options to choose from in each list we would like for it to auto complete based on their initial entries: Ed -> list to jump to Edinburgh, etc.... I have enabled the AutoComplete in the cell values button in the Tools/Options/Edit tab, but it is still not working. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Hi not possible for the data validation listboxes --...

Publisher defaults
Is there a way to change the document defaults for (1)zoom size at startup, and (2) do not hyphenate? I would like to have the zoom defaulted to 100% and they hyphenation defaulted to "off." Tools, language, hyphenation The Zoom cannot be defaulted. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Rebecca" <rebecca.bogorad@kpchr.org> wrote in message news:09a401c34d4e$a7fed730$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to change the document defaults for > (1)zoom size at startup, and (2) do not hyphenate? I > would like to have the ...

Publisher 2002 weird printing problem
Hi I have a weird problem when printing from Publisher 2002 to my Epson 1290 printer. Every time I print a document I get a blot of black ink printed out at the bottom of the page. It varies in size but it completely ruins the document printed. This only happens with Publisher and never with any other program, and I do a lot of printing in other programs so it makes me think its a publisher problem and not an Epson problem. Any ideas what could be causing this? Many Thanks Greg Publisher doesn't leave blots of ink on a Publication. I tried to find your printer on the Epson sit...

I need help setting up my database
I used Access in the past, so I have a general idea on how to use it, but now I have Microsoft 2007, so it's not as familiar. I currently have an excel document with staff names and drills they have performed. The drills include dates, times, an observer, and if they passed or failed. I had considered doing something where I had a table with all my staff, and then connecting tables for each person to list out the specifics for their drills. I don't know how to link the relationship with that though because the table name was the staff's name, so there wasn't a...

Publisher 2007 & additional licenses
We have 2 versions of publisher. One is 2000 the other is 2002. Can I upgrade both with the same version? Where do I get the additional license for the 2nd machine? Barb wrote: > We have 2 versions of publisher. One is 2000 the other is 2002. Can I > upgrade both with the same version? Where do I get the additional license > for the 2nd machine? If they are both full-version copies (i.e. the 2002 version isn't an upgrade from the 2000 version), then you can buy two upgrade packages to upgrade each to Publisher 2007. There is no discount for buying only one box and t...