HOW DO i SET DEFAULT TEXT BOXES IN PUBLISHER

I have found MVP who created the toolbar for this, but the page will not
allow me to download the toolbar.  Any suggestions??

0
mcscraps (1)

What is the URL? I can't remember a toolbar.

When you are finished modifying the normal.pub and you save as:
C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application
Data\Microsoft\Office\normal.pub,
in the save as dialogue, click tools on the right top, click add to "My Places."
It will quickly be available.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"mcscraps" <mcscraps@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have found MVP who created the toolbar for this, but the page will not
> allow me to download the toolbar.  Any suggestions??

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/26/2006 2:20:25 PM
mcscraps wrote:
> I have found MVP who created the toolbar for this, but the page will not
> allow me to download the toolbar.  Any suggestions??

That would be moi.

Are you attempting to download from
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/add-ins
?

Also, that method of setting the default font is discouraged now, as it
does not work 100% of the time - it is easier to use the method
described here:

http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Copying and Pasting Between Published Documents
Hi I have created a 132 Document in Publisher 2007 I needed to make a highly customised and intelligent Index so I created a second document and typed the index in that, having both documents open on extended Windows Pages I thought it would be easy to move the index from the second document into the first document containing the text It does not appear possbible to copy and paste table pages between the two publisher documents Is there any way I can accomplish this task without retyping the Index in the first document Roger Stenson Roger, 1. Create on your 132 page document a bla...

Navigation Bars
I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to publish to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). How do I resolve this?? Answer found in the web group. DavidF "Tom Snyder" <Tom Snyder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A55B689-FE9D-4E1E-9B6C-3ED571156D46@microsoft.com... >I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to >publish > to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). > How do I resolve this?? Tony, did you get an answer to this...

Linking Combo box to pivot table?
Hi All, I have a pivot table which has teams on the left, months on the top and a count of the calls in the data area. What I would love is that if I could have a combo box on a worksheet which when I select a team from its list it only shows me that teams data in the pivot table. Is this possible please?? -- Adam ----------- Windows 98 + Office Pro 97 You could move Team to the page area of the pivot table. Select a team, and the pivot table will only show its data. Adam wrote: > Hi All, > > I have a pivot table which has teams on the left, months on the top and a > c...

Publisher 2003 Viewer is needed
Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for the other programs in Office? Can they? Yes Will they? Unlikely Mike Larry M. in Illinois wrote: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for > the other programs in Office? Larry M. in Illinois <Larry M. in Illinois@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they > have for the other programs in Office? Could they? Yes Is it profitable for them to do so? Probably not. W...

How to change default printing parameters on Excel & ......
How to change the default printing parameters on Excel & keep them changed for future workbooks. Example: Normally I use Printing margins 0.25 on all directions, but default printing margins are 0.75. I want to change them to set 0.25 as DEFAULT. If you start a new workbook and change the page layout (for all the sheets), you can save it into your XLStart folder as Book.xlt. Excel will use that as the basis for new workbooks. You can change a lot of settings that way--including orientation, headers/footers.... Amjad wrote: > > How to change the default printing parameters ...

text box on exit
I have validate code on text box and want to cursor get back text box. I use Screen.ActiveControl.SetFocus, but the cusor goes to where my mouse click. Are there any way to let cursor stay in the text box until user enter valide data? Your help is great appreciated, On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:43:02 -0700, Souris wrote: > I have validate code on text box and want to cursor get back text box. > > I use Screen.ActiveControl.SetFocus, but the cusor goes to where my mouse > click. > > Are there any way to let cursor stay in the text box until user enter valide > data? &...

Setting default program for viewing pictures
How do I set the default program for viewing picture attachments? I use Outlook Express 6 and when I click to open an attached picture it opens to JASC Paint Shop Pro 8 but no picture appears. In the past Explorer opened up my pictures. Can any one give me the steps to change the default from paint Shop to Explorer?? Hi Digitdan, Change the program that starts when you open a file http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HP051925951033&C TT=1&Origin=EC790000701033&QueryID=bSa5KrD4N0&Query=Change+the+program+that+ starts+when+you+open+a+file&Scop...

List box with available queries question
I have a list box control on a form and want the list box to display all the queries within the database. The following code is what I have so far but it does not work. Any help is appreciated. SELECT [Name] FROM MSysObjects WHERE [TYPE] = 5 and LEFT([Name],1) <> "-" ORDER BY [Name]; "Billy B" <BillyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F47BB77B-7B66-4860-8954-F4FE32FE7C3C@microsoft.com... >I have a list box control on a form and want the list box to display all >the > queries within the database. The following code is what...

Send
Can I eliminate the progress box, or can I configure it to close when done? What is the function of the push pin in the bottom right of the details box? -- Joseph E. Meehan 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math Joseph Meehan <sligojoeS_PAM_2@hotmail.com> wrote: > Can I eliminate the progress box, or can I configure it to close > when done? Yes. On the progress box there should be a check box saying "Don't show this dialog box". Check it. > What is the function of the push pin in the bottom right of the > details box? It "tacks" t...

Combo Box 02-10-08
I have a combo box in a form, it draws it's information from a table with two fields description and price. I can bind either one to a field (control source) in my form, but I wish to bind both fields i.e. when it puts the description into say field one I want the price to go into field two simultaneously. Merv R Merv, In the after update event of the combo Me.TheControlName = Me.TheComboName.Column(1) for the second field. Jeanette Cunningham "Merv R" <Merv R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84FC139D-83D8-46AA-87E6-A5655F50A744@microsoft.com... &...

Money 2006 Standard Settings/Preferences
Greetings All. Could anyone tell me where the setting is in Microsoft Money 2006 Standard is to stop it from putting the banks downloaded names in the list of payees? When entering a transaction in the "Pay To" list that drops down, it seems to be showing every downloaded entry name from the bank when I thought that I have my preferences set to use the user names for transactions. This is very annoying as every time lately that I have been downloading transactions and making new entries into the ledger it seems that the payee list gets longer and longer! This is what I am u...

FRx
Dear, I encountered problem of changing default base period. The version of FRx software is 6.5.28 and it is running under Windows 2K Professional. The situation was: After opened the Catalog of Report Window, there was a pop-up message box which said 'Changed the default base period to C'. I did not know why this could happen. - Would you please tell me under what circumstances this pop-up message box would display?? In order to continue to use this software, I only could click 'OK' from the message box. The report date is then changed to 'Default Base Period' - (Ja...

How do I make door hangers using publisher?
Is this even possible? Mary Sauer has a website with a generous collection of goodies including door hangers. Take a look at just above George Washington's portrait (way down the page) at, http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "medinapie" <medinapie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:986B8199-C9B5-46CE-8F2F-C772BE5C21BC@microsoft.com... > Is this even possible? I have a sample on my web page. Scroll down -- on the left. http://msauer.mvps.org/graphics.htm Some cute ones here that you could mod...

Full Text Index PF
We are running 3 Exchange servers in 3 separate sites. Two of which (including our main mail relay) are running Exchange 2003 while the third is still on Ex2000. Our public folder store size is roughly 3.5 GB. I am considering setting up FTI on my public folder store. Our only desire is to speed up the search results on a public contacts folder that is replicated across all 3 servers. Is FTI our best option and how much should I expect it to speed things up? We are seeing about 15-20 second searches (and sometimes longer) currently. Not horrible, but the execs want it faster. Thanks, M...

Combine part of text from one col to another
I'm trying to combine only part of a string from one column with all th text of another column. For instance I want to create usernames to log into a network. If col has Bill and col2 has Smith I want to get just the B from col1 an combine it with col2 to make smithb in a new column. Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try this: -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== =B1&LEFT(A1) "epac135 >" <...

Inventory Integration and Purchasing Default U of M
Hello everyone, I don't know if it's just me who does not know about the right way to map my information or if there is actually a problem but I am assuming that there is probably someone here that is going to be able to answer me on that one. I am having a problem with the integration of inventory information. I am on version 8 and try to import into Great Plains a list of items. Everything is importing very well except that I can't find where I map the Purchasing Default Unit of measure. Is the title of the field different in Integration Manager or is it just not there? Than...

Public folder default display
Hi, I have an Exchange server 5.5 and I make some forms used by the clients to publish information in public folders. My problem is : How create a default display (server side) for a public folder used by Outlook clients. In my case I want a chronology display. Thank you Michel ...

On startup text to speech installation keeps appearing
Dear All When I load up Excel the dialog box comes up before excel continues to load saying: "Text to Speech - This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now?" I dont want to install it but this KEEPS coming up, any ideas? Thanks Adam Someone answer please !!!!! >-----Original Message----- >Dear All > >When I load up Excel the dialog box comes up before excel >continues to load saying: > >"Text to Speech - This feature is not currently >installed. Would you like to install it now?" > >I dont want to inst...

Publisher Problem #5
I am trying to print out the addresses, phone numbers and email addresses that I storred in publisher when I set up mail merge. I can't find where it is to print them. What version Publisher are you using? Did you setup the data in Publisher? Look in a folder in "My Documents" that says "My Data Sources." When you click "open data source" where does Publisher direct you? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Flower" <Flower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

ERROR check if a date set entered violates a perviously entered date set
I am devloping an Excel program that has a list of date sets, not necessarily in sequencial order. What I want is an ERROR CHECK if a date set violates any date set previously entered. What I was looking for was that a date set could not be typed in as follows: 1/10/04 to 4/20/04 2/10/04 to 3/20/04 The second date set falls within the first set and should be invalid setting off a message or an alert of an invalid entry. I am interested in making it idiot proof so that one could not enter date sets within or covering dates sets already entered. This one really throws me, Please help. ...

Publisher cannot save file???
I am working on a brochure in Publisher. I have tried to save and received the message "Publisher cannot save file". Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated. Carrie No other wording? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0E3E735-A56A-4D5C-A33E-E89716AA475C@microsoft.com... >I am working on a brochure in Publisher. I have tried to save and received > the message "Publisher cannot save file". Any direction or help would be > greatly appreciated. > >...

Continuous Forms
Hi I have a subform with the records displayed in the Continuous Forms view. On each line, I have a group & a subgroup. Both fields are Combo boxes. What I am trying to do is limit the choice of subgroups to those pertaining to the group shown. I have tried putting code in the On Current event in the form to allow only the correct subgroups in the Combo box, but it seems to take the criteria for the top record & apply it to all the others. This is the code:- Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "SELECT TLK_SubGroups.PK_SubGroup, TLK_SubGroups.TXT_SubAbriv, TLK_SubGroup...

Default "Save as Type" problem
Outlook 2003 - when saving an e-mail message "save as type" defaults to HTML. This unfortunately strips off the attachments. I need to change to Outlook Unicode type as a default, but when changing settings in Tools - Options - Other - Advanced Options - "Use unicode message format when saving" when ticked on - doesn't seem to make any difference. Default still appears as HTML. Can anyone help Thanks, Georg ...

I have to reset my email settings everytime
I have to reset my server setting everytime I want to read my e-mail. After resetting I can then read my mail, but the next time I want to read my mail I have do it all over again and again and again. POP3, SMTP, outgoing, incoming, password all have to be reset each time. I'm using Windows XP and this just started happenig a month a so ago. Can anyone help me?. Cliff Simmons Cliff Simmons wrote: > I have to reset my server setting everytime I want to read my e-mail. > After resetting I can then read my mail, but the next time I want to > read my mail I have do it all over ag...