How do I set a line not to print if the merge value is null?

In Publisher 2002, I am merging data that does not always have a value in all
the columns.  I would like to set a line not to print in the case where there
is not a value there.

Specifically, the line looks like this:

quilt owned by: <<owner>>

I want the line to be omitted if the data does not have an entry in the
"owner" column.

Can I do that?
0
Yomama (2)

You could go down thru your entire list and tell it not to print a
particular entry, but then you would not get the quilt style or a date or
whatever other data you have for that quilt. You could reword your
publication but I can't think of anything that would be as simple as you'd
probably like.

So where's the quilt show? And when?   :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Yomama" <Yomama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Publisher 2002, I am merging data that does not always have a value in
> all
> the columns.  I would like to set a line not to print in the case where
> there
> is not a value there.
>
> Specifically, the line looks like this:
>
> quilt owned by: <<owner>>
>
> I want the line to be omitted if the data does not have an entry in the
> "owner" column.
>
> Can I do that?

0
jl_amerson (3088)
3/6/2005 4:23:54 AM
Thanks JoAnn,

The quilt show is in Stanwood, WA, at the high school, put on by Camano
Island Quilters, on April 8-9.  :)
0
Yomama (2)
3/6/2005 4:43:04 AM
May I suggest contacting the Evergreen Chapter (Seattle/Puget Sound) of the
EGA? Their members may want to attend the show.
http://www.ega-gpr.org/Chapters/Evergreen.htm.

I'd love to visit but 3000 miles is a *bit* far to drive for a quilt show. I
might be in the area the last couple of days in September but by then the
show will be over.  :-(

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

also known as........

--
JoAnn Paules
York White Rose Chapter Newsletter Editor

and...........
JoAnn Paules
Mid-Atlantic Region Newsletter Editor/Web Coordinator
www.embroidery-marega.org

and...........
JoAnn Paules
EGA National Web Coordinator
www.egausa.org

> Thanks JoAnn,
>
> The quilt show is in Stanwood, WA, at the high school, put on by Camano
> Island Quilters, on April 8-9.  :)

0
jl_amerson (3088)
3/6/2005 4:58:31 AM
You can avoid blank lines. Your best solution is to open help, all the information is
there.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Yomama" <Yomama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Publisher 2002, I am merging data that does not always have a value in all
> the columns.  I would like to set a line not to print in the case where there
> is not a value there.
>
> Specifically, the line looks like this:
>
> quilt owned by: <<owner>>
>
> I want the line to be omitted if the data does not have an entry in the
> "owner" column.
>
> Can I do that?

0
gsauer (5093)
3/6/2005 9:26:27 AM
When you go to print, the dialog box has an option to supress blank lines.

HTH

"Yomama" <Yomama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Publisher 2002, I am merging data that does not always have a value in
> all
> the columns.  I would like to set a line not to print in the case where
> there
> is not a value there.
>
> Specifically, the line looks like this:
>
> quilt owned by: <<owner>>
>
> I want the line to be omitted if the data does not have an entry in the
> "owner" column.
>
> Can I do that?

0
bkvalheim (1291)
3/6/2005 12:07:01 PM
I was assuming she would have "Quilt owned by:" as part of every card and
just the name of the owner in the data source. And that when she had one
without an owner, the "Quilt owned by:" would not show up.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message
> When you go to print, the dialog box has an option to supress blank lines.
>
> HTH
>
> "Yomama" <Yomama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> In Publisher 2002, I am merging data that does not always have a value in
>> all
>> the columns.  I would like to set a line not to print in the case where
>> there
>> is not a value there.
>>
>> Specifically, the line looks like this:
>>
>> quilt owned by: <<owner>>
>>
>> I want the line to be omitted if the data does not have an entry in the
>> "owner" column.
>>
>> Can I do that?

0
jl_amerson (3088)
3/6/2005 5:49:09 PM
Hi JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] (jl_amerson@hotmail.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| I was assuming she would have "Quilt owned by:" as part of every
|| card and just the name of the owner in the data source. And that
|| when she had one without an owner, the "Quilt owned by:" would not
|| show up.

Good catch.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
3/7/2005 3:09:44 PM
Thank you. (Getting part of my brain back now that I actually have to use
it.)

--

> Hi JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] (jl_amerson@hotmail.com),
> in the newsgroups
> you posted:
>
> || I was assuming she would have "Quilt owned by:" as part of every
> || card and just the name of the owner in the data source. And that
> || when she had one without an owner, the "Quilt owned by:" would not
> || show up.
>
> Good catch.
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com

> confers no rights.

0
jl_amerson (3088)

Converting/inserting values, without changing the other contents.
Hi all this is what i require: the overdue is INR 250k (SGD 7,543), out of which for INR 125k (SGD 3,771) payment is processed, for INR 30k (SGD 905) bills resubmitted for queries, for INR 25k (SGD 754) supporting were resubmitted, for INR 45k (SGD 1,358) payment will be made in 1week of next month. the above comments will be in m5 without the sgd value, i need help to converrt those values and show as above in n5, after multiplying the converting factor at b2 thank you ...

ClistCtrl and how to cross out a line
Hello I have CListCtrl object and style LVS_REPORT, but I can't make a horizontal line to cross out one line with subitems. So please help: How to do that line? m. >I have CListCtrl object and style LVS_REPORT, but I can't make a >horizontal line to cross out one line with subitems. >So please help: How to do that line? There's no build-in functionality to display strikeout text - but you can probably do it yourself by the custom draw facility - see NM_CUSTOMDRAW documentation in MSDN. Dave In addition to David's advice these articles may help: http://www.codeg...

leading zero value help
Hello, I have two tables with a text field and the value in the field range from 50 to 9999. 50 is 2 characters, 100 is 3 characters and 9999 is 4 characters. I ran into a problem when referencing these values in calculation. How or what can I do to put two leading zero to 2 character field and one zero to 3 character field on all existing records? (Maybe a macro, I don't know) There are currently over 2000 records so it is sufficent to manually change them all. Any help is appreciated. Example: 50 = 0050 200 = 0200 950 = 0950 >>I ran into a problem when referencing thes...

Data value display attributes linked to table attributes
Is there a way to cause data value points to take on attributes such as bold, italic or color set at the table from which they are derived? For example, suppose I was charting hits at several web sites as function of time, and the some characteristic of the site was being altered back and forth (say font "A" and font "B") as part of an experiment. I can easily produce a line graph x=hits y=time for the various sites, but these is no way to visualize which condition (A or B) was in effect at each data value point. I'd like to be able to display the portion of each li...

Read values from excel rows
hi I am trying to read the values from a excel row. There are 89 columns for each row and same number of data in each rows. Kindly help regards shantanu shantanu, You need to explain how/where you want to read them.... From another workbook, another worksheet, a VBA function, a macro, a C# application? HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "shantanu" <shantanusenin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1184298794.259390.216180@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > hi > I am trying to read the values from a excel row. There are 89 > columns for each row and same number of da...

Set message subject here ...
I use excel to store my audio cd information, i have a big collection of music cds I have it like Column A = Currently blank Column B = Artist Column C = Track Column D = Cd Name Then say a cd as 10 tracks then it will be 10 Rows containing artist, track name, cd name etc. What i would like if it is possible so far i do it manually but would like it easier etc. Where i drag down column A and it will automatically number each cd for me, it would be similar to this... 0001 / Prince / Alphabet Street / Greatest Hits 0001 / Prince / 1999 / Greatest Hits 0002 / Madon...

phone textbox default value problem
I have a phone field and I have a default area code set and when I tab to the field the area code is highlighted and I have to click off of it to enter data. How can I have it so when I tab to the field I can immediatly start typing the phone number after the area code? If the area code is different than the default I figure I could just back space and change it. 90% of the time the default will be correct. I have the input mask as !\(999") "000\-0000;0;_ and the default value as (916), I am leaving the formatting info in because I have to import the data and it has the...

How to read values from a table?
Hi, I am trying to redesign an old database. I have three forms start, entry, edit forms. Start form is like a switch board to enter into the forms. An audit is entered into the database through "Entry" form which has around 50 controls. All these controls gets stored in the main table. "Edit" forms allows you to edit the audit. The issue here is the "Edit" form doesn't read the values from the main table when the form is loaded. I have a logic to read the values from the main table in "start" form. Everything looks fine with the SQL statemen...

Scatter plot
I have an XY scatter graph with some points in it. My data in the spreadsheet looks like this: [Title] [X-value] [Y-value] [size] Data 1 | 10 | 10 | 1 Data 2 | 33 | 44 | 5 What I want to do is to change the size of the data point according to the value I specify. Right now, I have to individually modify each point and add a number corresponding to the size. Is there anyway to take the size-value from the spreadsheet and change the size of the point in the graph? In the long run, I am also looking to modify the color. If the solution requires some VBA coding, I am up for that. Any sugges...

Two different values in a single cell...
Hi, Is it possible to have two different values (coming from another sheet) in a single cell? For example, 0.87 (0.97) In that case 0.87 comes from a cell on sheet1 and 0.97 from a cell on sheet2. Thanks for the help. Patrick, Hi You can concatenate two results into one cell. This makes it inot a text cell, however, so you cannot do maths on it quite so easily. To join the info, just use the CONCATENATE function, or the & sign =A2&" " &A3 You may also need the TEXT funtion, depending on what format you want the result to be -- Andy. "Patrick" <an...

Copied Worksheet, lost the lines that were drawn
Recently upgraded to Windows7. When I copy a Worksheet in the same Workbook (.xlsx file), the lines that were drawn in the original Worksheet from the Insert/Illustrations/Shapes from the Ribbon, do not copy to the new Worksheet. I looked for something in the Options, but couldnt find an answer there. Does anyone else have this problem as well, or know how to fix it? Thanks, Michael Found the solution. When I re-set my Excel Options, in the Advanced tab/page, I checked off the Cut, copy, and sort inserted objects with their parent cells. I simply put the check back, and...

Trying to mail merge to email
I set up a mail merge but when I tried to finish the merge to an e-mail that icon was grayed out. Does anyone know why this would be? You need to have Entourage set as your default email program. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/12/10 1:39 PM, in article 5F41ACE6-2801-46E7-ABCD-2C5D0EE1EC86@microsoft.com, "Leslie" <Leslie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I set up a mail merge but when I tried to finish the merge to an e-mail that > icon was grayed out. Does anyone know why this would be? Entourage is not your default email progr...

shared calendar/printing issues
Hi, I'm new on this forum, but seems to be a very nice folks aroun here! here's the situation I have. there's this manager who shared her calendar with her admin, her admi is able to access the calendar (the manager gave her owner' permissions), so, she's able to access it, to accept, decline, etc etc, the funny thing is that when the admin tries to print he manager's calendar, it works fine on a month view, and on a week view but when she tries to print on a day view, Outlook returns an erro message "the program interface returned an unknown error, close th app...

how do I set up publisher 2000 to print business cards 10 per pag.
I can only get 4 on a page. When you are ready to print, in the print dialog, you will be able to change the page properties. Click page options, custom options, change the side margin to .75, change the top margin to .5, change the gaps to zero. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "yvette" <yvette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D4E614E-3F33-456D-B7D9-E1A8CD452C13@microsoft.com... >I can only get 4 on a page. Here's I do it with Publisher 2000. File Page Setup Special Si...

Incorrect printing of Visio 2003 drawings in Word 2003
I got the error described in KB 827865 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827865&Product=visio2003 with Visio 2003 and Word 2003, in Embedded Visio Objects as well as in placed .emf files or copy/pasted images using Enhanced Metafile format and all this while using just normal latin characters. I do already use current drivers and the problem appears when creating PDFs as well as when printing to a PostScript printer. Any help would be very much appreciated! Matthias Have you tried inserting them as Word Drawing objects? That works best for me. Randall Arnold ...

TO CREATE A LINE CHART WITH RATE IN Y AXIS & REAL TIME IN X AXIS
i want to create a line chart in excel for rate vs time as y & x axis data. the chart should be an automatic charting as, when the particular time (10,10.30,11,11.30 ...)of system time reaches the data in one cell (rate ) should be taken automatically for charting the chart for 10am to 11.30pm. the only thing is how to check logically if the system time reached or not. Put the times in one column and the rates in the next, then create an XY chart. I can't tell a lot from your post, but if you expect Excel to determine a rate from the time, it will not. You have to write some fo...

RMS should show what bar code it is going to print
Okk when a item is made in RMS and the customer makes his own barcode and selects a barcode format to print it should show at the bottom of the screen what barcode is being created(as in the case of UPC, EAN it has a check Digit) That way the customer can put in the check digit in the number so it will scann after printing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

commando line parameter
Hi NG, i need to create a new Mail via command line and want to attach some files. It looks like this: outook /a "c:\test.txt" works well but how can I manage it to send two or more files ?? At best I want to import the files from a file which contains the full path and name from every file in each line. Have an idea ???? Thanx Tobi ...

Mail merge problem #3
Running Publisher 2003, Word 2003 I have a Word document -- with an Avery label format -- containing my mailing list. When trying to mail merge with the wizard, it errors out saying; "Some of the field names in this data source are blank or contain invalid characters, such as periods, brackets, or exclamation points. Change these field names before you import data from this data source." I've cleared out all the punctuation, etc. marks that are there and cleared out any blank "Labels". I'm still getting this error. What's up? Will I be able to make...

Mail Merge in browser
Hi, In MS CRM you can use mail merge with the SFO-client and direct e-mail in the browser. Now I'm using the c360 Search Pac for selecting the contacts, but this only works when it is in a browser. I want to mail merge the selection made with the Search Pac, but can only select direct email. Is there a way I can use the mail merge function in the browser (and the direct email in the SFO)? And can someone tell why this is, why just put both features in the browser as in the SFO-client? Greetz, MattijsW Hi! There is no possibility to directly make a MailMerge out of the browse. The...

Last Value in a row or column
Hi All, I need a formula or User Defined Function that will allow me to find the last input cell in a row of variable width data. This value will then be shown in a cell of my choice. Thanks Excel Dummy ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi - how about this? Public Function Findlastcell(MyAddress As Range) Application.volatile Findlastcell = Cells(MyAddress.Row, 256).End(xlToLeft).Address End Function You use it by entering = Findlastcell(B5) ...

Join Query
Hello, I am using Access 2003 with no ability to switch versions. I have two tables. 1 is the current inventory of Fuel Cards, and the second is the new inventory of Fuel Cards. I want to find all the NEW Fuel Cards that exist only in the second table. SO I have list A and List B. I want to find all the entries in B that are not in A. A has a two field Primary key. (Fuel Card # and FuelCard Provider) B does not have a key but for all intents and purposes, it has the same key ( though it is not defined within access). Here is the SQL code the wizard gave me. SELECT ex_FuelCardInpu...

Money 2004 Printing/Calculation error
Whenever I attempt to print an invoice the automatically calculated items (customer name, date, prices, tax and total) will not print nor can they be viewed in the preview mode. I have had a MS tech working on the problem for 3 weeks to no avail. Has anyone had erros like these? Any fixes? THANKS!! In microsoft.public.money, KLM wrote: >Whenever I attempt to print an invoice the automatically calculated items >(customer name, date, prices, tax and total) will not print nor can they be >viewed in the preview mode. I have had a MS tech working on the problem for 3 >weeks to ...

CRM4
Hello Im trying to create a service activity using a workflow - i have chosen multiple dynamic values for several fields, like Location {Address 1: Street 1(Customer (Account));Address 1: City(Customer (Account));Address 1: ZIP/Postal Code(Customer (Account))} but only the first value - the street1 shows up on the Service Calendar - not all of them. any ideas? thanks! james ...

Want to set default access as Reviewer
Hi there, what i want to do is ensure that all new mailboxes that are created have reviewer access. In case I am getting this wrong, then what i want is by default for all users to be able to see other users calendars. Thanks John Amarillo Software jp <support@amarillosoftware.com> wrote: > what i want to do is ensure that all new mailboxes that are created > have reviewer access. > > In case I am getting this wrong, then what i want is by default for > all users to be able to see other users calendars. So, you want the janitor to be able to see the president...