how do i save .pub document in html?

I upgraded from Pubs98 to Pubs 2003.  In 98 when I would save as HTML, the
folder was about 1-2 mb in size.  When I save in html in 2003, my folder is
25-30 mb and has duplicate images in .png (?) format. Am I doing something
wrong?
0
LarryJon (1)

No you are not.
Significant changes took place in version 2002 and also 2003.
Visit the web forum - microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign - to catch up and
visit the FAQ page - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30

David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP]
www.publishermvps.com
www.davidbartosik.com

"LarryJon" <LarryJon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I upgraded from Pubs98 to Pubs 2003.  In 98 when I would save as HTML, the
> folder was about 1-2 mb in size.  When I save in html in 2003, my folder
> is
> 25-30 mb and has duplicate images in .png (?) format. Am I doing something
> wrong?

0
dbartosik1 (95)

What do you do if you have auto save set, but it is not working?
I have auto save in Excel set to every 5 minutes, but it is not auto saving the data. What should I do to fix it? Jennifer What version of Excel? XP (2002) & 2003 _do not_ have an AutoSave feature. If you are referring to AutoRecover (Tools>Options--Save), that is something totally different. It doesn't save your working file, but stores the data separately in a temporary file for recovery purposes in the event that XL or the system crashes while the file is open. HTH |:>) "Jennifer" wrote: > I have auto save in...

OUTLOOK 2003 BUG: Tasks do not accept HTML messages
When dragging a message received in HTML over to the Tasks folder the body of the message disappears. Tom Tulane University Works for me. What is your setup? Connected to Exchange? If so; are you using Cached Exchange mode? If not; POP3, IMAP or other...? and are you using an Outlook 2003 pst-file or an Outlook 97-2002 pst-file? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & trick...

how can I open a file with a .pub extension (w/o Publisher)?

Save as text file, but with full headers
I want to save quite a few messages as text file, but I want to save them with full headers. Is this possible? ...

Error generating the xml document when trying to access the web service
Hi There, I get this error when I try to access the web method..I can see that the objects are constructed properly before they are passed....All I am doing is this... ------------------------------------ I have these two classes in the client class as well as the web service.... public class ResponseChartImage { public int InstanceId; public int VariableId; public byte[] ImageByte; public ResponseChartImage(){} } public class RequestChartImage { public int InstanceId; public int VariableId; public RequestChartImage(){} } ------------------------------------------------...

how do i put a password on an office document?
i used to go to save as & then in options/security I could put a password - its now not there (publisher 2003). please help You have Publisher confused with Word... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "justicerulesok" <justicerulesok@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B9DEF7C-C057-4E80-B7F9-B9BB39A8241B@microsoft.com... >i used to go to save as & then in options/security I could put a password - > its now not there (publisher 2003). please help ...

Saving Emails and Address Book when changing OS
I am about to upgrade my OS from Windows 98 to Windows 2000 Pro. I am going to reformat my HD when I do it. How do I save my emails and adress contacts so I can reload them after I reload Outlook? The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Don" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:048601c3bc2f$0a7a2e10$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I ...

You Save Amount on Receipts
Hi All, Occasionally the amount calculated for the "You Save" amount as printed on the customer recipts is total crap such as a tendered sale of $95.00 and it calculates and prints "You Save $87621387131" or something like that. Has anyone expreienced this before and what is the solution? As above, it only happens occasionally, but of course the impact is that all reports for sales, profit margins, etc... are useless. Regards Dan Levin ...

Excel Variable Save Name problem
I have written a program for work that is basically a daily cash u spreadsheet, however I would like to save each days report as a backup Ideally I would like to save the worksheet as that days date by us of a command button/macro to reduce the chance of user erro( ie savin under wrong name) The date is on the worksheet, but I can't figure ou a way to use a range as a save name. I would really appreciate some help with this problem. Cheer -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Lippa73 One way to save a copy in C:\ with a date/time stamp Sub test() Dim strdate As ...

Locate where a particular font is used in a document
I am trying to find where a particular font is used within a publication. Normal eyeballing hasn't worked. Is there a "search" I can do? Do you have that font on your computer? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "GregTheGrate" <GregTheGrate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:211F9CAC-7F61-4B7A-B28A-F27F70F1DA6E@microsoft.com... >I am trying to find where a particular font is used within a publication. > Normal eyeballing hasn't worked. Is there a "searc...

FYI: Eingebundene Bilder in Outlook-HTML-Mail / embedded graphics in HTML
Hallo, hier mal eine vollst�ndige L�sung zum Versenden einer HTML-Mail mit eingebundenen Bildern aus Outlook 2000. Die L�sungsans�tze sind aus verschiedenen NG's. Es ist kein CDO-Verweis notwendig! VBA-Code in MS-Access 2000 Here a complete solution for sending a HTML mail with embedded graphics via Outlook 2000. The methods of solution are from different NG's. You don't need the CDO reference! VBA-Code with MS-Access 2000 '--- Start of Code --- Public Function sendOLEmbeddedHTMLGraphic(strSendTo As String, _ Optional strSendCC As Va...

XML Schema and document in Visual Studio
I'm trying to create a simple Schema and associated document in Visual Studio that will store information regarding units and conversion (meters, feet, inches, degrees C, F, K, etc.) I create a schema and then add a new XML document, set the reference to the schema and start typing in the data in Visual Studio's "data view" window which seems to work fine. But then I view the document in XML view and Visual Studio indicates an error in the root node of the document saying the active schema doesnt support the element 'xsUnits'. What gives with this? I would expect e...

How do you entr data in a form (scanned) document?
I have a printed form I need to fill out by entering data. How do I ues Word to do so? I can scan the form to creat a (picture) document. How do I enter data in this document (by overlay) to enable printing it with entered data? You could use text boxes for your info. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Filling in preprinted forms" <Filling in preprinted forms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:659EAF90-C3E9-4C24-BDCC-11DAB1A95A87@microsoft.com... >I have a printe...

How do I merge an Excel mailing List with Microsoft Word Document
I have columns or in the old DOS version "fields" where I have placed first name, Last name, street address, City, State and Zip. In addition I have a field for the Salutation which may contain more than one first name, i.e. Mary and Joe. I want to merge these individual rows in excel into a Word document. Kookie For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm And a training tutorial for c...

Publisher document in email breaks up
I created a publisher document. Some images, text boxes, word art, etc. I email, in body of email, email preview. All looks good. When recipient gets message it looks like a puzzle all messed up. blocks, borders, pieces of pictures not making any sense. ...

CRM 4 and MOSS Document Library Integration
Hi I would like to learn how to integrate CRM Accounts to have own document library /site in MOSS (SharePoint). Does anyone know of any good blogs/guides i can following to achieve this. I am not really interested in buy add on's/connectors. Many Thanks Newbie http://blogs.msdn.com/ukcrm/archive/2008/04/11/sharepoint-3-0-document-libraries-crm.aspx Oldie "Newbie" <NewBie@newbie.com> wrote in message news:%23d2J$bTVJHA.4948@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I would like to learn how to integrate CRM Accounts to have own document > library /site in MO...

Can you display Recently Opened documents at the bottom of the File menu?

count cells in a document, but excude cells with a "0"
I want to count the number of cells that have a value greater than "0", but not use a range. The cells that will be counted are every other cell in that column. EX: 45 22<-- 18 6<-- 9 17<-- 2 0<-- so my answer would be "3", the amount of cells that have a value greater than "0". the arrows are not on the work sheet they are just used to point out which cell I need counted. You have not given any cell references where your data is but a fomual like this should be close... =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$10), 2) = 0), --($...

how can I save a publisher created logo in picture format?
I've created a logo in MS Publisher. How can I save the logo in picture format so that it can be inserted into other programs? GEL <GEL@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I've created a logo in MS Publisher. How can I save the logo in > picture format so that it can be inserted into other programs? What version of Publisher are you using? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Ed Bennett" wrote: > GEL <GEL@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > > I've created a logo in MS Publ...

EXCEL saving to A: drive
Sporadically when trying to save an EXCEL file to the A: drive it locks up the computer. Does not happen from any other Office app. Using Windows 2000 Pro and Office 2000. If save EXCEL file to C: drive and then copy to A: drive, never have a problem. Why? -- Linda There is a problem with saving directly to a floppy and a greater one if you open an Excel file directly from a floppy, in as much as you have a good chance of corrupting the floppy for good. Its best to always save and open from the hard drive, Regards, Alan. "LindaD" <LindaD@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

how do i save a new address typed on an envelop in word 2003
i want to save the address i type on an envelop under the envelop and labels under tools. Save it where? You could add the envelope to a document and save the document or You could use an envelope template - see the link at the end of http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm and create and save an envelope document including the address. or You could save the address in Outlook and insert the address from the addressbook function in the envelope/label dialog, which stores recent addresses. To do this Outlook must be your default e-mail application. -- <>...

Import Word document into existing Publisher document
Is there a way to import a Word document into an existing Publisher document? I know how to do it by creating a NEW Publisher document. The cut-and-paste method does NOT work--all the formatting is lost. Help, please ...

Opening Excel from Vb.Net without Document Recovery?
From VB.Net is it possibel to open an Exell (and Word) files witout Document Recovery kicking in with recoved documents?? ...

swf flash file embedded in html file which is edited in excel.. he
Hi, I have an html file which has an swf flash movie embedded in it. When I open it in excel, it works fine and the movie is viewable. However, when I want to send it out as an email, everything but the embedded swf is viewable, i.e. where the swf should be instead there is a blank white space! And yet when viewing the html file through a browser (IE6) it is perfectly fine. Here's the affected code - as rewritten by excel... <tr height=17 style='height:12.75pt'> <td height=17 class=xl26 width=19 style='height:12.75pt;width:14pt'><!--[if gte vml 1]>...

Best data type to use in a document to handle a CListCtrl?
I am using a CListCtrl on a CFormView and I want to know what is the best way, or data type, to use in the doc class to represent the data,(or rows and columns) of the CListCtrl. Thanks a bunch. CLEAVEAGE It is very much application dependent -- but here is a technique that i use from time to time: Assume a bunch of data that exists in a database that i would like to visualize - and i have chosen the list-view control. In the CDoc class I would make the connection to the database (using either ADO or more likely OCI if the database is Oracle hosted). Somewhere in the CDoc class I would...