how do I save as pdf with publisher 2002?

I would like to save the publication as a pdf but do not see it in file
format.  Am I missing something?
0
mark564 (750)

Mark wrote:
> I would like to save the publication as a pdf but do not see it in
> file format.  Am I missing something?
Publisher 2002 will not aave a s.pdf but
you can use the following freebie:

PrimoPDF
http://www.primopdf.com/

With your new program installed...open your project
in Publisher and go to...File / Print.

On your Print screen...open the drop window and
select PrimoPDF as your printer.

Click...OK...now you will see the PrimoPDF screen
and you can browse to a save folder.

When you click...OK..your .pdf file will be created
in your save folder.

The resulting .pdf file can be viewed on any computer
that has the free Adobe Reader installed.

--

    John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
3/31/2009 9:43:03 PM
You will have to acquire a third party application. There are many free PDF
converters around. www.primopdf.com is mentioned here often.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to save the publication as a pdf but do not see it in file
> format.  Am I missing something?

0
mary.sauer (2018)
3/31/2009 9:52:51 PM

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You will have to acquire a third party application. There are many free PDF
> converters around. www.primopdf.com is mentioned here often.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I would like to save the publication as a pdf but do not see it in file
> > format.  Am I missing something?
>

> Thanks guys.  I appreciate t he help.
0
mark564 (750)

Upgrading from outlook 2002 to 2007
I have just ordered outlook 2007 to replace the 2002 version i use. Can i just direct outlook 2007 to my existing pst file or will that be incompatable? Is there a recommended way to make the upgrade? I couldn't find an upgrade version of outlook 2007 so this is a full version. Hope you can help! M Zapcat <Zapcat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just ordered outlook 2007 to replace the 2002 version i use. > Can i just direct outlook 2007 to my existing pst file or will that be > incompatable? Is there a recommended way to make the upgrade? I > couldn...

Outlook 2002 Read Receipts Tracking issue
We have a tracking problem that I am unable to resolve. We have a user that needs to keep track of users that read training related email. She sends out to a server based distribution list of around 90 people and requests read receipts. When you go into the sent items and look at the tracking tab, it only shows the group distribution list name and no other information, not even a time stamp. I believe she even redirects the read receipts into a separate folder for easier tracking. It was working where all the users were listed and showed the time stamp of when it was read, but no more. W...

Publisher 2002 Tab settings keep resetting to .5"
I want .25" tab settings in a Publisher 2002 file, but every time I reopen the file, the tab settings reset to .5". WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THIS?? ...

Coping a word or pdf for the background in a report
I am trying to copy a word or pdf file for the background of a report and on several occasions it appears to shrink in size. How do I keep the document the same size it was when I copied it? -- Rose ...

I upgraded Publisher 2000 to 2003, p2's disappeared, how get back
I had a series of postcards saved in the 2000 version. Now when I open them there is only the front side, not the back side or page two. Where did they go? and how get back? thanks Was this publication a merge document? Do you have the status bar enabled? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "aks" <aks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65E59808-0CC6-418E-8BEE-4EF2EEFFF716@microsoft.com... >I had a series of postcards saved in the 2000 version. Now when I open them > there is only ...

error message and slow response in 2002 outlook
Outlook begins to load, then the error message 'OUTLOOK.EXE-No disk There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive\device\harddisk 1 \DR 2' I have used the repair feature in help, no change. I also see the slowness going from mail one mail to the next, a big change and about the same time as the new downloads for 'security'. Any suggestions? Do you have a removeable hard drive device? It might possibly be a Zip drive. "marylou" <marylou@mlschaeffer.com> wrote in message news:007f01c3685e$4497cf00$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook begin...

Saving Mdb to accdb
When I try to saving as a mdb to the 2007 accdb I get an error message. The message indicates that the database is opened to a user. That user is the message is my own computer. How do I stop this and be able to convert a 2003 routine or mdb to a accdb? "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C52A73D-3A84-4C3F-B50F-AF024B7EC0D4@microsoft.com... > When I try to saving as a mdb to the 2007 accdb I get an error message. > The > message indicates that the database is opened to a user. That user is the > message is my own compute...

how to undo saved file in excel
One of my co-worker just saved a blank worksheet after a one day worth of work in excel spreadsheet. Is there any one can undo the saved file? Not unless you have a saved backup copy Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Sheila Chiteji" wrote: > One of my co-worker just saved a blank worksheet after a one day worth of > work in excel spreadsheet. Is there any one can undo the saved file? Sheila As you just learned, you should not do a day's work without saving the file once in a while. You can also setup Excel to automatically save the file every so many minutes. HTH O...

Contacts, taska, notes, calendar from Outllok XP saved to PST not displayed in Outlook 2003
Hi, I am about to migrate from Internet Mail enabled profiles on Outlook XP to Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003. On trying to open users PST files in Outllok 2003, as a test, all the mail folders appear but the contacts, tasks, notes, calendar folders are not displayed. Is this a known bug and what's the work around? Thank you. In Outlook 2003, the default view is Mail view. This shows only mail folders. If you click the Calendar or Contacts or Tasks button on the Navigation Pane (on the left) do you see data? Click the Folder List button on the Navigation Pane (it looks like a file fold...

Update: Outlook Calendar Sharing Publishing/Syncing Incident Resol
I am pleased to announce that the publishing/syncing incident was resolved on Sunday 1/3/10 at 12:30pm PST. An investigation is underway to determine the root cause of the incident and to put measures in place to ensure something like this does not happen again. Please note that this was a partial outage and not all users were affected. Thanks, Christian Miller Microsoft Corporation ...

import directory in Publisher
Hithere, I want to import a (Windows) directory in a Publisher (2003) publication. I have no clue how to do this. Help? Do you want a picture of the Directory in a Publisher publication? If so, there are a couple of ways to do this. When the directory is open use the Print Scrn key. This will put a picture of the Desktop in the Clipboard. Open Paint, do a Paste and then crop and size to your liking and save as a bmp. Open Publisher, Insert the bmp file and size to your liking. A better method of getting the desktop or any part of the desktop is use the program MWSnap. MWSnap link is ...

Viewing Publisher 2003 files in 2002
I need to be able to view a template created in Publisher 2003. I only have 2002. Is there a viewer or anything like that available I can download? Hi Terrie (terrieslists@prodigy.net), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I need to be able to view a template created in Publisher 2003. I || only have 2002. Is there a viewer or anything like that available I || can download? Publisher 2003 and 2002 are the same file format, so you can open them in either application. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting ...

Report to PDF file
I have been encountered by a tough issure that I need to save some reports as .pdf files,but I really have no idears how to achieve it.Would anybody please give me some help? Thanx in advance! If you have Access 2007, you can download the Save As PDF add-in from Microsoft here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en For previous versions, use the one Stephen Lebans provides: http://www.lebans.com/reporttopdf.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbr...

Inserting photos into Publisher
I cannot see the photo from file I have tried to insert into Publisher 2003. All I see is just a box with the dotted outline of where the picture should be. How do I make the image visible please? View, picture, detailed display... If this is not the solution, it means your video/graphics driver needs updating. Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If this solves the disappearing picture problem then you definitely need to upgrade your driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ ht...

Save as .txt file
I'm saving file as .txt to be able to import it into another app, but when I import it in as a flat file only the first 3 fields show up. Any suggestions? Thank U. -- Gulfcoast ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Gulfcoast's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29881 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=495846 Your problem may be on the import side. First open the .txt file with Notepad. The full contents should be there. -- Gary''s Student "Gulfcoast" wr...

outlook won't save password
I am always asked to enter a password whenever I invoke Outlook 2002 (XP) even though I previously checked remember password. I looked in the knowledge base and found a report saying to add SP1 and SP2 which I did. I also found one that said the problem happens when more than one pop account is active in Outlook. I only have one pop account. This didn't happen when I was using Outlook 2000 on a different PC running XP. This is a new HP Pavilion running pre-loaded XP and a store-bought OfficeXP with SP1 and SP2 loaded. Any ideas??? JohnR Thanks Milly... I just tried http:/...

Transparent Child window of opened Excel file in Excel 2002
I have problem in opening Excel file in Excel 2002. If I double click on an Excel file, the child window of the opened file becomes transparent such that the desktop can be seen thru' the child window. There is no problem if I open the Excel file from Excel 2002. Regards, Martin ...

converting web page files from publisher 2007 to word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) One of the reasons I got office 2008 for my new Mac was to retrieve my web files. well ta da, no ms publisher with office 2008. what do i do except start all over again. for sure not with office this time. With your new Mac, buy VMWare Fusion, install Windows 7, install your old Office for Windows and get on with it using Microsoft Publisher from there. --rms www.rmschneider.com plee@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) One of the > reasons I got of...

Duplicate Contact List When you open a PAB fileOutlook 2002
I have duplicate contact list displayed in Personal Address Book (Outlook 2002) On knowlage base I found article # 282630 about this issue. When I fallow the instructions under "keep personal address in" I have just the option for Contacts and not for "Personal Address Book" Why ? I uninstall / reinstall PAB and I still don't have the option to chose Personal Address Book Outlook has not used a PAB for years. Any reason you are? Outlook stores all Contacts in the Contacts Folder and uses the Outlook Address Book Service to display them. Where do your Contacts current...

Can't Find Publisher on CD
I can't find publisher on my CD, nor can I find a website to download it from. Cory wrote: > I can't find publisher on my CD, nor can I find a website to download it from. Which CD can't you find it on? If it's a Publisher CD, then it's defective and you should contact Microsoft for a replacement. If it's an Office CD, then it may not be the right disc (e.g. Office 2000 SBE, Pro and Premium have Publisher on Disc 2), or it might not be the right edition (Office Standard has never had Publisher, and Office XP Pro didn't have it either in retail editions). I...

Overriding the menu "Save" option?
If my users click "Save", I need to stop them from actually saving any changes to my workbook. I want my workbook to be unchangeable, and if someone clicks "Save", I want to call a separate subroutine which will write data to a separate file. Can anyone provide any help on over-riding the "Save" option and making my workbook unchangeable?? thank you One way: Save your workbook as "Read Only" (Save As/Options/Read-only Recommended) It's nearly impossible to make any solution foolproof, since fools are so ingenious. You could ...

Publisher: printer color profile
Publisher does not appear to use the printer color profiles. Any ideas how to solve this? ...

Publisher 2002: How to start with different page number than 1?
In Publisher 2002 I need to start Part II (in a different Publisher file) with page 23. How do I do that? Also having trouble connecting text frames if I have to go in and insert pages and text. stonehearth <stonehearth@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > In Publisher 2002 I need to start Part II (in a different Publisher > file) with page 23. How do I do that? Insert > Section. > Also having trouble connecting text frames if I have to go in and > insert pages and text. In what way? Reconnecting text flow through (instead of around) an i...

publishing editor status
What exactly does it mean to have that permission? I have been assigned to help someone organize their schedule, and I am making some progress. I receive everyone of her meeting requests and accept and decline responses. I've been hesitant to delete any for fear of losing something before she opens it, but my inbox is overwhelming me. How can I learn more about using Outlook for time management? ...

Publisher Image Problem
whenever i copy/paste into pub2000, it brings up the "not enough memory" message. I've posted about this before, but you havent been able to solve my problem. i posted a reply to my original post after being told to disable the "script blocking" and "office plug-in", and my reply seems to have disappeared (no, I'm not seeing things). i also noticed someone else had the identical problem to me so i posted a reply there, as that person had been advised to do the same thing as me, and said the solution suggested didnt work. that reply too had disapp...