How do I reverse the order of the pages I've written?

I've written 56 pages in a new book in Publisher, but have inserted them in
reverse order, ie; page 56 should be page 1, and so on. How can I fix this ?

At the bottom of your screen are little numbered pages. Pick on them with
your mouse and drag them where they need to be.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"kaybee" <kaybee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've written 56 pages in a new book in Publisher, but have inserted them
> in
> reverse order, ie; page 56 should be page 1, and so on. How can I fix this
> ?

0
JoAnn
12/7/2009 11:26:34 PM
I use Publisher 2000 and would probably open the file and then run Publisher
a second time and do 56 copy/pastes to the new open file in the corrected
sequence.

--
Don - Publisher 2000�
Vancouver, USA

"kaybee" <kaybee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've written 56 pages in a new book in Publisher, but have inserted them
> in
> reverse order, ie; page 56 should be page 1, and so on. How can I fix this
> ?

0
Don
12/7/2009 11:28:05 PM
2000 has page tabs that you can drag to re-order

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
> I use Publisher 2000 and would probably open the file and then run
> Publisher a second time and do 56 copy/pastes to the new open file in the
> corrected sequence.
>
> --
> Don - Publisher 2000�
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "kaybee" <kaybee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I've written 56 pages in a new book in Publisher, but have inserted them
>> in
>> reverse order, ie; page 56 should be page 1, and so on. How can I fix
>> this ?

0
Rob
12/8/2009 5:09:18 AM
Rob,

Please elaborate; I tried moving the pages listed at the bottom of the
screen and it was a no go.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message
> 2000 has page tabs that you can drag to re-order
>

> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>

> "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
>> I use Publisher 2000 and would probably open the file and then run
>> Publisher a second time and do 56 copy/pastes to the new open file in the
>> corrected sequence.
>>
>> --
>> Don - Publisher 2000�
>> Vancouver, USA
>>

>> "kaybee" <kaybee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I've written 56 pages in a new book in Publisher, but have inserted them
>>> in
>>> reverse order, ie; page 56 should be page 1, and so on. How can I fix
>>> this ?

0
Don
12/8/2009 1:54:31 PM
weird...I guess you can't in 2000...just have to group and move contents
from page to page.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Rob,
>
> Please elaborate; I tried moving the pages listed at the bottom of the
> screen and it was a no go.
>
> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message
>> 2000 has page tabs that you can drag to re-order
>>

>> --
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Rob Giordano
>> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>>

>> "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
>>> I use Publisher 2000 and would probably open the file and then run
>>> Publisher a second time and do 56 copy/pastes to the new open file in
>>> the corrected sequence.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Don - Publisher 2000�
>>> Vancouver, USA
>>>

>>> "kaybee" <kaybee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Rob
12/8/2009 7:57:40 PM
Rob,

Thanks for verifying.

Don

> weird...I guess you can't in 2000...just have to group and move contents
> from page to page.
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>

> "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
>> Rob,
>>
>> Please elaborate; I tried moving the pages listed at the bottom of the
>> screen and it was a no go.
>>
>> --
>> Don
>> Vancouver, USA
>>

>> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in
>> message news:O9FpQS8dKHA.6000@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> 2000 has page tabs that you can drag to re-order
>>>

>>> --
>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>> Rob Giordano
>>> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>>>

>>> "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message

0
Don
12/8/2009 8:12:14 PM
Rob Giordano [MS MVP] wrote:
> weird...I guess you can't in 2000...just have to group and move contents
> from page to page.

Yeah, tabs were introduced in 2000; draggable tabs only in 2003.

--
Ed Bennett
http://ed.mvps.org/

How to incorporate page counts in TOC
I need to find out how to incorporate each document’s total page count into the Table of Contents instead of the current page number. In my case, we have 20-60 separate document files that need a single TOC that states the total number of pages for each file. Example: Section No. of Pages 100 3 200 2 300 10 I forgot to mention, I am using MS Word 2007 "Krystal" wrote: > I need to find out how to incorporate each document’s total page count into > the Table of Contents instead of the current page number. > > In my case, we have 20-60 s...

Printing Page Numbers for Multiple Worksheets
I am trying to print an entire workbook and would like the page numbe to be specific to each worksheet set. For example, my workbook contains 7 sheets, each of which has a uniqu header that contains the command for Page X of X Pages. Each shee contains multiple pages. If I print the entire workbook, I can get the printout for each shee to begin with a 1 by manually setting the First Page setting to "1" i Page Setup. No problem there. However, my question is...Can I control the command for "X Pages"? Fo example, when I print the entire workbook, I'd like the first ...

How do I delete a single page among many connected pages in Publis
I work with documents typically imported from Word. Occasionally I need to delete a single page without changing the formatting on subsequent pages. When I simply use Edit/Delete Page all of the original text from Word is apparently in the overflow area because it is not visible. Text Boxes and pictures that I inserted into the Publisher document after importing the main document from Word do not seem to be affected. ...

Table of Conents Out of Order`
Using Word 2007 and I have created a Table of Contents within a frame (working on a newsletter). The TOC is picking up its data from styles and it works perfectly, except the items within the table of contents are out of order. For example, I have two articles on page 1 and the second article title is showing first in the table of contents. Suggestions? As always, thank you for any help you can provide. If the articles are in text boxes, it could be that the "second" article is anchored to a paragraph that actually precedes the paragraph to which the "first&q...

written data, connect to Excel or???
I have an Excel MIS where each column represents a different job/client/report. The top rows contain formulas that calculate costs, elapsed days, days between draft and final reports, etc. and also rows that contain start dates and report dates (job closure). Lower rows contain hours by month and year that do not print in the "standard report." Costs are calculated only when the report is issued and in the year the report is issued. Everything works well. If text comments were desired for each job (perhaps to give a history for suspensions and key events, what alternatives woul...

sheet tabs as page number and in a cell page of pages?
i have looked a little but can't find what i think is the right thing. i have a workbook with 3-4 pages in it. in the upper righthand corner is a page of pages cells set up. i want to have it grab the current tab(page) for one cell and the rest of the tabs(pages) for the other cell. i am not very good at the coding VB thing so exact instructions would be grately appreciated. i have tried a few of the suggestions but cannot get them to work. i am using excel 2002. TIA ...

header and footer on every page except the first page?
how do i put header and footer on every page except the first page? One way: http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/subs/firstfooter.html In article <EBE1E559-C27E-47F9-BA16-0AA05EE9352E@microsoft.com>, marany <marany@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do i put header and footer on every page except the first page? ...

Full Page POS Receipt
I have been making receipts for over a year and I have the following code which I thought would print the receipt type in the top right of a full page receipt (which it does) except for when it is an "On Account" order type where if my statement made sense, it would print INVOICE in the corner instead; it is however still printing Sales Receipt for an On Account ticket; any suggesstions? <BORDER> tbNone </BORDER> <COLUMNHEADER> <ALIGNMENT> ">~" </ALIGNMENT> <IF> <CONDITION> Tender.Descriptor.TenderType = tenderAccount </...

I did do an update today form Microsofts update page #2
If I can remember correctly, it was 2 new items that came out today for the OS. Could that have casued this. But it worked Ok afterwards. Nothing else installed in the last week. ...

Cannot change received PO to Change Order
Great Plains will not allow me to change a Purchase Order from Received to Change Order: I'm not sure if this matters, but we recieved more than we ordered, which happens quite frequently. Here is the message I get: "This line can't be changed to Released or Change Order. A Received line can be changed to Change Order if it has a quantity cancelled." WHY IS THAT???? However, if I try to enter a quantity cancelled, I get: "The Quantity Cancelled must be less than the remaining quantity. Please enter a new quantity". How can I re-open this Purchas...

graphing ordered non-numeric value
How does one graph an ordered but non-numeric value (e.g. Excellent, Very Good, Good, Satisfactory, Fair, Poor, Failed) on the Y-axis and the date on the x-axis? Hi Mkchu, > How does one graph an ordered but non-numeric value (e.g. Excellent, Very > Good, Good, Satisfactory, Fair, Poor, Failed) on the Y-axis and the date on > the x-axis? Probably the easiest way is to give each of them a number (e.g. Failed = 0, Excellent = 6) and plot those. Then format the Y axis to show markers but no labels and use text boxes for the labels. Regards Stephen Bullen Microsoft MVP - Excel...

Print 2 pages on one page in Excel
I need to print 2 pages on one page, I have 3 colunms of data on each page 400 pages, I want to print 6 columnms wich would be 2 pages of data on one page how do i do this?? Hi BIGCHAD36 Look on David's site http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "BIGCHAD36" <BIGCHAD36@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD9FC46D-2DBC-403D-9B96-EFA2A503A0C3@microsoft.com... >I need to print 2 pages on one page, I have 3 colunms of data on each page > 400 pages, I want to print 6 columnms wich would be 2 p...

Order of Category in X-axis
Good day everybody, I have a chart looks like this : A3 | A2 | A1 | -------|------------------- I would like it to be like this : A1 | A2 | A3 | -------|------------------- I remember I can reverse my Category in X-axis by clicking a reverse option when I used Excel 2000. But now I couldn't do the same with Excel 2002. I will appreciate if someone can help me. Thanks in advance. Best regards, Julie Julie - Double click the axis, click on the Scale tab, and check the Categories (or Values) in Reverse Order box. You probably also will want to check the A...

Reordering Pages
I have a multi-page document where the pages go from the last page to the first. How can I reverse this so that when i open the document I see page 1 rather than page 8? Try running a macro containing the following code: Dim i As Long Dim Source As Document, Target As Document Dim trng As Range Set Source = ActiveDocument Set Target = Documents.Add Source.Activate Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory With Source For i = 1 To Source.BuiltInDocumentProperties(wdPropertyPages) Source.Bookmarks("\Page").Range.Cut Set trng = Target.Range trng.C...

Bug: printing of a specific page range is broken in MFC-VS2005
If you create an MFC application that includes printing support, and your application does print-time pagination as described in this MSDN library topic: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w7wzay73(VS.80).aspx then specifying printing of a specific range of pages in the print dialog does not work. The application always prints all pages of the document. To see this problem download and build the WordPad sample MFC application. Start a new blank document, then paste into it enough text to fill several pages. Choose Print from the File menu. Choose a print range of page 1 to page 1....

Page Breaks 02-07-08
Is it possible to insert a page break in a report header? Try it and report back with your results. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Bev" wrote: > Is it possible to insert a page break in a report header? You can insert a page break into a header so that part of the header prints on the next page, if that is what you mean, but it is hard to see why you would want to do that. Each section of a report, including the header, has a Force New Page property. Perhaps that is what you are seeking. "Bev" <Bev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Changing page numbers #2
Is there any way of making page numbering start at a different number? I created a 16 A5 page document, the first two and last two sheets were a cover page which I printed separately. When I printed pages 3-14 I was asked if I wanted the pages to be printed as a separate document and I replied YES. However the page numbering on this separate document started at page 3 - I would have preferred page 1. The obvious solution of deleting pages 1,2,15,16 did not work. When I deleted pages 1 and 2 the text moved on leaving blank pages. I realise now that the text of the document was a continuous s...

Purchase Order and Matching Invoices
We've come across two incidents where a closed purchase order has prevented us from matching to an invoice. The first occurred when someone closed the Purchase prior to being invoiced. The second occurred when an Invoice for a PO was voided but now we can't re-invoice to the PO. With the first incident, we were told to just complete a Payables Trx to create the invoice which will not be reflected with the PO. Is this the only way to re-invoice the second situation? I've reviewed KB854990 but it involves deleting PO history and re-entering the PO and Receipt transactions...

Change Business Portal home page
Can someone point me to some clear info about changing the default home page in Business Portal 2.5. I want to remove the default links/tasks(?) in the Key Information section and replace them with some new ones. To remove the defaults I have done the following: 1) Manage Portal Pages then for Directory page in Page List, for Roles I removed Employee (did the same for Benefits page) 2) Removed the Benefits menu item (see p.110 of admin guide). This was at Manage Navigation -> Change Menu Organization, then selected Benefits and chose Remove. Did the same for Policies. 3) Under Set up ...

Rounding for order size
I'm doing a forecast using some formulas. I want the result to take in consideration the minimun order size. For example if my forecast is 38 I want the result to be expressed as 48 which is the minimun package size. The same for example if forecast is 500 I want it to show 480 or 528 which are the actual amounts that I can request. How can I do this? FA Hi! So, what you want to do is round to the nearest multiple of 48? =ROUND(A1/48,0)*48 Biff "FA" <FA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6E4BD59-5B85-487E-98B7-96E568FB1E44@microsoft.com......

How to check for numbers in ascending order?
Hi, I have a dataset coming back from an application screen where I have to check that the values in a set of fields are in ascending order. Is there an easy way to do this in SQL? I've written the following code using a WHILE loop (which works), but wondered if there was a better way of doing this i.e. using a CTE or similar? Here's the temp table that I've created to hold the values with an added row number: row_number row_id entry_value 1 101965 23000.00 2 101966 24000.00 3 101967 22000.00 ...

rotate page #2
How do you rotate a single page in a multi-page document in Publisher? "Rotate page" brings back no help in MS Help... You cannot rotate the "page", you can rotate all the objects on the page. Select all the objects, group, you can either rotate manually or the arrange menu has options. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jim e." <jim e. @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B55F8BA3-14EC-4F86-A57D-1EAE3C95F20E@microsoft.com... > How do you rotate a single page in a ...

Page Break Preview
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel What happened to Page Break Preview in Excel 2008? This was an excellent feature but can't find it now. This view got replaced by the Page Layout view. On 30/07/08 23:27, in article 59b559ff.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "niles@officeformac.com" <niles@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > What happened to Page Break Preview in Excel 2008? This was an excellent > feature but can't find it now. -- Michel Bi...

IE8 not presenting web pages correctly
My IE8 won't show some web pages correctly, even with the Compatibility view activated. Some pages I can't use to enter comments, or enter an ad to sell stuff. And what is more strange: In the window Add or remove programs the "Windows Internet Explorer 8" is presented as seldomly used; in fact, last time used says May 14, 2009, which is more than 6 months ago. I use it daily, basically! Has anyone any idea on this? Is there somewhere I can download an installation file for the IE8 to re-install it? (When I try via the web, I just get the remark that I alrea...