how do i recover data in publisher

i have been entering addresses to set up a mail merge. i cllicked  the "ok"
button
in the window and lost all data . can i recover it
0
Dee (106)

Look in a folder in My Documents named "My Data Sources". Publisher data is
saved as .mdb(Access) file.
Did you try selecting "Edit Address List" in the Mailings and Catalog menu
(Tools)?

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"dee" <dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have been entering addresses to set up a mail merge. i cllicked  the "ok"
> button
> in the window and lost all data . can i recover it

0
mary.sauer (2018)

email created in publisher has jibberish
When I create an email in Publisher and send it to my smtp email address, I open it up to read the email and it has the following jibberish before the actual email: v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} b\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} Is this something that can be prevented in the creation? Or is this something that happens after it is emailed? ...

Retrieve data from Web page
I would like to use ACCESS 2003 to retrieve data from a web page. How to I point ACCESS to the web page where the data(table) is? ...

How can I push Access Data into Excel from Access 2007?
I have written macros in Access and Excel to extract data from multiple spreadsheets, manipulate the data, then import it into tables in Access 2007 to run reports, etc. The data is replaced on a monthly basis. This part works fine. Now I would like to take this data from Access, run queries and push the data back into an Excel template with 101 worksheets, the first sheet being a summary, the rest numbered from 001 to 100. I would like to control this from Access, even if it means running Excel VBA code from Access (which I do for the importing). I tried one example that ...

show items with no data option in pivot tables
Can anyone help with some bizarre results I'm experiencing with the show items with no values check box in the field settings menu for pivot tables. It appears to be showing field headers that don't exist in my data???? I'm using Excel 2000. Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html In fact, she has an addin that you may like: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotAddIn02.html AHuntington wrote: > > Can anyone help with some bizarre results I'm experiencing with the show > items with no values check box in the field setting...

How to count rows with changing data
I have an imported list on sheet2 and it is maybe 100 rows. Each day the data is imported the dates change along with the type of record associated with each date. Say this week there are 25 rows with 11/13, 20 rows with 11/14 and 25 rows with 11/15 and 30 rows with 11/16. Mixed in with this each of these dates might have a different type of record (each type has 4 options.) I need to be able to do the following: 1.) I need to count the number of occurrences for each date and not only show the total count but also show the date that is counted as the label. 2.)count the...

New computer-Vista. Have 2002 Publisher but can't download floppy.
Computer crashed. Got new one w/ Vista. Can't download my Publisher because it's in a floppy format. -- Duke Duke wrote: > Computer crashed. Got new one w/ Vista. Can't download my Publisher because > it's in a floppy format. Publisher 2002 never came on floppies. The last version of Publisher to come on floppies was 97, I think. Publisher 2002 and later work out-of-the-box with Vista. Older versions need some fiddling. And floppy versions need a floppy drive. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org From another perspective - Do you mean yo...

mail merge in publisher #5
I have created a document in publisher 2007 which contain mail merge fields. When I preview the documents the mail merge fields are shown correctly. However when I send the email only the name of the field is shown ie First name! I am creating the merge from Business Contact Manager. Can anybody please help it's driving me mad! There are several articles addressing email merge Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx Using Business Contact Manager http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH102071851033.aspx -- Mary Sa...

How to print one header over several columns of data
I want to print one title over a span of columns - what is the command? Format>Cells>Aligment>Horizontal>Center across selection? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 27 May 2010 14:19:00 -0700, column title print <column title print@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to print one title over a span of columns - what is the command? ...

Recover from Outlook Beta 2003
I removed the Beta version of outlook 2003. Before I removed it I exported up my mail to a .pst file. When I installed Outlook XP and went to open it, it said it was incompatible..Now I lost all my mail ?? Reinstall the beta, opt to create a new 97-2002 compatible .pst file. Drag and drop items from the new to the old. Then uninstall and you should be able to use the .pst file. BTW, just curious... when you opted to change to the new Unicode format, did you read the warning? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having search...

how do i find data from worksheets in excel
I have 3 work sheets that contain data re a rota patten. I have a list off 12 employees in 1 column and then 5 Columns with ranges from Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri. I am trying to find a function that will allow me to search for "V" or "H" and display the name of the employee that as "V" or "H" on this day? Can any one help me please J.Ainsworth Can more than one employeee have a V or H for the particular day? If the answer to that question is yes and you have the data on 3 sheets this will be VERY difficult. Putting all the data on one sheet ...

Data validation 07-26-07
I am seeking to apply form level validation for two controls in the before update event of my form. My code looks like this: Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) Dim strMsg As String ' An error that is special cased. Const conErrDoCmdCancelled = 2501 On Error GoTo Err_BeforeUpdate If IsNull(Me.cboMedium) Then Cancel = True strMsg = strMsg & "Medium required." & vbCrLf End If If IsNull(Me.cboSubject) Then Cancel = True strMsg = strMsg & "Subject required." & vbCrLf End If If Can...

What does range of data mean?
Iam trying to import an excel document into my outlook contacts. When I do this, it tells me that to name the range of data you want to import. Can you tell me how to do this? Thank you very much. Bruce Prentice bruce@prenticenet.com Select the range of data, and type in a name (e.g., "MyRange") in the name box, which is to the left of the formula bar. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "tetonkid" <tetonkid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0DD935E-1B85-4E87-9D82-10C304CE7DAD@m...

VBA and researching data thru 20.000 records
Hi, I have 2 sheets with several fields. on sheet1, i have new data and on sheet2 i have old data. i would like to update 2 fields of sheet1 with data from sheet2. for that i want to compare 3 fields, let's say C, D, E. if C, D, E are equal on sheet1 and sheet2, so i want to copy data from fields A and B (from sheet2) to fields A and B of sheet1. for now i use selection.autofilter ..... on the 3 fields to compare, but with my 20,000 records, it's really slow (on 3.1 Ghz CPU and 1 Ghz ram). So i would like to know if exists another way how to do it and for sure faster ? thanka ...

single web page can be viewed without publisher?
I've created a newsletter using publisher 2003, I want to send it to people in single web page (mht) format. Will those without Publisher be able to open and view the newsletter in that format? Why not send it as a .pdf file? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Kaylen" <Kaylen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80A03B40-0CB6-4DB0-A4F9-E68737BBD0B1@microsoft.com... > I've created a newsletter using publisher 2003, I want to send it to > people > in single web pag...

transposition of data
Hi, I have some data in the column A of a sheet and in another sheet of the same file, I need to use the same data but horizontaly this time : I need that A2 in first sheet come in B1, A3 in C1, A4 in D1... And I don't want just the data, I need to this to update itself his the first data change. I have try to do in column a of the ne sheet A1 =A1, A2=A2... and the n copy it to do a pastespecial formula-transpose, but it doesn't work... Thanks for any hel Happy Christma Benjamin "Ben.c" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5796715A-9C7D-4BB5-A29E...

drop-down list in data valadation does not work
Mine does! Wonder what *you* did wrong? -- Regards, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "LA" <LA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91CF18D7-5CB2-4A1A-899F-7893F498D8AA@microsoft.com... ...

comparing data
I have a list of item codes in column A and a list of item codes i column F and I need to know which item codes appear in both columns Can someone please tell me the best way to get a list of the item code that appear in BOTH of the columns. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingCommon -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I have a list of item codes in column A and a list of item codes in > column F and I need to know which item codes appear in both columns. > Can someone please tell me the be...

why cant I get data from the ACCESS
Hello,everyone I have got a question in MFC, the function of my application is that I will get data from the ACCESS.My client's damand is that before i get the data, a dialogbox(CFileDialog used) must be show first in order to save the file clients input.I use the Cfiledialog.DoModel() to show the dialogbox for client to save the path of file. However if the path of the file client input is not at the same catalog as the place where .mdb is ,when you get the data from the Access using _connectionPtr->Open("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DataSource=xx.mdb","",&...

Need 2 rows to display X axis data points for a line graph
X axis is 100 data points, and all must be displayed. They do display, but are all mushed up. In Corel, you have the option to display the X axis on up to 3 rows, with interspersed tick marks. In Excel, I seem to be able only to manipulate the number of categories between tick marks and tick mark labels, but can't stagger data onto multiple rows. Any ideas or add-ins I could try? Excel 2002. Thanks, Susan This web page gives a suggestion for staggering your labels: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Staggered.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technic...

Publisher 07 default files
Good morning. I have a question about setting defaults and I hope someone can help me. I have a user who would like to set her default file open to a certain location; has anyone set this up for Publisher 2007? Thank you in advance -- Diane Publisher 07 does not have this default as an option. You can create a Publisher folder, add to "My Places", when you save a Publisher document the folder will be one click away. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Set default working directory in Publisher 2007
How do you set the default working directory in publisher 2007? The "2003" way does exist anymore... File, save as, browse to your working directory, right-click the save-in column, insert the working directory. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "evaughen" <evaughen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36FB3C7E-14AD-4923-923C-82E644CC65D0@microsoft.com... > How do you set the default working directory in publisher 2007? > > The "2003" way does exist anymore... ...

Transparent images from publisher into pdf
When I 'set transparent colour' and make part of an image see through it looks fine in Publisher, but when I then convert the document to a pdf it doesn't carry across and the image becomes opaque again. Any ideas? I'm using Publisher Look at the options in Acrobat... Publisher 2003 does not print transparent areas http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829174 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Helen1" <Helen1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BE6444D-0F...

Formulae extracting data from other spreadsheets
I would like to write a formula to extract data from a series of workbooks whose filenames vary by month ie datajan05.xls, datafeb05.xls, etc. I would like to write the formual so it copies the month from the top of the column to create the file name ie =data[a1].xls . This would enable me then to copy across the page rather than having to edit every cell formula. Can anyone help? Thanks. have a look in help index for INDIRECT -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "David Clark" <DavidClark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BF8D6C3-96E2-4B...

re installing publisher
I had installed publisher97 quit a few months ago had no problems until I needed the disc to be able to open certain clipart, well I couldn't find the disc. Is there anyway of reinstalling from the microsoft site? The setup files are still on my computer but it wants a disc. Am I just plain out of luck on this one?thank you SOL - surely out of luck. You could try downloading the specific clip art from Microsoft's website, if it's available. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Kristina" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1da...

How do I print avery 8876 business cards in publisher?
Thank you in advance for your assistance. Specifically what is your question? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62D4EC64-9540-4D07-A497-4D9F3EF8DE3E@microsoft.com... > Thank you in advance for your assistance. JoAnn Paules wrote: > Specifically what is your question? > > Another person who is trying to conserve electrons and asks the question in the subject line. :-( If only they would realize the electrons are 100 percent recyclable. Mike I don't get it. I've tri...