how do I print onto 8.5 x 5.5 note cards

The paper size of the note cards that I want to print onto is not shown in
the drop down box where you change paper size.  How can I print onto this
size?
0
S.Gipson (1)

Setup your printer first for this size. Page setup should reflect the size and
say it will print two copies per sheet on letter stock. If your stock is
actually the size you stated, you will have to setup a custom size in your
printer.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"S.Gipson" <S.Gipson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The paper size of the note cards that I want to print onto is not shown in
> the drop down box where you change paper size.  How can I print onto this
> size?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/7/2006 6:59:26 AM
Mary You're the Bomb!!!!!  Thanks for sharing your time and knowledge with
everyone who posts questions on the forums!  Your answer enabled me to make
that change and add that size paper in my printer software, a function I
wasn't even aware of!
Again, many thanks!!

Sara

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Setup your printer first for this size. Page setup should reflect the size and
> say it will print two copies per sheet on letter stock. If your stock is
> actually the size you stated, you will have to setup a custom size in your
> printer.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>
> "S.Gipson" <S.Gipson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The paper size of the note cards that I want to print onto is not shown in
> > the drop down box where you change paper size.  How can I print onto this
> > size?

0
SGipson (2)
9/7/2006 4:09:03 PM
Glad to help. Thanks for posting back. Is being a bomb a compliment? Your
remarks are appreciated.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Mary You're the Bomb!!!!!  Thanks for sharing your time and knowledge with
> everyone who posts questions on the forums!  Your answer enabled me to make
> that change and add that size paper in my printer software, a function I
> wasn't even aware of!
> Again, many thanks!!
>
> Sara
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Setup your printer first for this size. Page setup should reflect the size
>> and
>> say it will print two copies per sheet on letter stock. If your stock is
>> actually the size you stated, you will have to setup a custom size in your
>> printer.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>>
>> "S.Gipson" <S.Gipson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > The paper size of the note cards that I want to print onto is not shown in
>> > the drop down box where you change paper size.  How can I print onto this
>> > size?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/7/2006 4:16:30 PM
Bomb - (bom) slang for best, hero, admirable, Mary Sauer...

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Glad to help. Thanks for posting back. Is being a bomb a compliment? Your
> remarks are appreciated.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>
> "S.Gipson" <SGipson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Mary You're the Bomb!!!!!  Thanks for sharing your time and knowledge with
> > everyone who posts questions on the forums!  Your answer enabled me to make
> > that change and add that size paper in my printer software, a function I
> > wasn't even aware of!
> > Again, many thanks!!
> >
> > Sara
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Setup your printer first for this size. Page setup should reflect the size
> >> and
> >> say it will print two copies per sheet on letter stock. If your stock is
> >> actually the size you stated, you will have to setup a custom size in your
> >> printer.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
> >>
> >> "S.Gipson" <S.Gipson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
SGipson (2)
9/7/2006 4:37:02 PM
I'm just going to have to get out more...
Thanks Sara.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Bomb - (bom) slang for best, hero, admirable, Mary Sauer...
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Glad to help. Thanks for posting back. Is being a bomb a compliment? Your
>> remarks are appreciated.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>>
>> "S.Gipson" <SGipson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Mary You're the Bomb!!!!!  Thanks for sharing your time and knowledge with
>> > everyone who posts questions on the forums!  Your answer enabled me to make
>> > that change and add that size paper in my printer software, a function I
>> > wasn't even aware of!
>> > Again, many thanks!!
>> >
>> > Sara

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Print area
I have a document where a print area has been set up and around the print area is a blue border and all of the cells have a colored background. How do I change the appearance of cells outside of the print area? Sounds like you're in Page Break Preview Click View, Normal -- HTH Roger Shaftesbury (UK) "Stephanie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6BC3F7E-E0D5-408D-9D01-AE51471FDBA5@microsoft.com... > I have a document where a print area has been set up and around the print area is a blue border and all of the cells have a colored backgrou...

Getting appts to print on one page
I am using calendar assistant to print multiple overlaid calendars at once on letter size paper. All the appointments show up on the first page, except for one. This one pushes to a second monthly page duplicating the first. ie - I get two November 2009s - one with all appts except one and the other page with only the one rogue appointment -- Thanks, Alison ...

Migrate/upgrade 5.5 SP4 to Exch 2000
I need to migrate/upgrade Exch 5.5SP4 to Exch 2000. Ex5.5 sits on a stand alone NT 4.0 SP6a server and want to upgade this to W2K SVR and install Exch 2000 onto it, then finally migrate/upgrade Exch 5.5 private/pub mail boxes to it. Does the W2K SVR have to be running 'Active directory services' to support Exch 2000? If I installed W2K SRV as a stand alone server (will introduct W2K Active directory services later removing NT4 domain infrustructure later) then run the following: i) simply run a cold BU of EXCH 5.5, then restore 'priv & pub.edb's' along with associated &...

Pivot Table #5
I create a pivot table of growing data each month. Now when I create the pivot table after I set up the layout. I see the message "calculating Pivot Table" but nothing happens. Is there some setting I need to change on my computer. All I get now is a empty new worksheet. ...

NT/ Exchange 5.5 - No PST's
Hello all quick question. We have NT servers with Exchange 5.5 running for internal only and are looking at doing away with PST and converting all users over to running off the mail server itself at the same time we are looking at no longer using a tape backup solution but either that of another drive offsite or some type of removeable hot swap typedrive. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of what to backup now that we will no longer be using .pst's and if there is anything special needed for exchange. I have yet to find anything concrete even looking at MS site. ...

MS Money 2006 for Windows Mobile 5
I have purchased the new PPC 6700. I have serveral applications I am moving to the new Windows Mobile 5 application, including MS Money 2006. I am getting a cab error installing MS Money for PPC. Is there a seperate MS Money for PPC installation program. Also need MS streets and maps for my new 6700. Hello John, at the MS Money web site, MS Money for PPC is a seperate download. Although your pda came preloaded, I'd think it's a trail version. My Streets & Trips 2006 came with a PPC version, go to help/install PPC Streets. Best of luck, Don "John McConnell" wr...

Outlook 2000 don't print HTML-Email
Hello, We are having problems printing html email messages with Outlook 2000. Plain and rich text messages print correctly. On PCs with Windows 98, when we print html email messages it will only print the message header and I believe any footer information on the printed page. Best regards "B�lent" <buelent@mynet.com> wrote: > We are having problems printing html email messages with Outlook 2000. > Plain and rich text messages print correctly. On PCs with Windows 98, > when we print html email messages it will only print the message > header and I believe any fo...

Help! #5
How can I filter single columns say three out of eight columns without setting the autofilter for all the columns? Any help much apreciated. Select your columns (including headers) and apply autofilter. Anyway, since autofilter filters out data by hiding rows, columns not included in autofilter wil also be hidden. (please excuse my hefty english) -- AP "Pat Watson" <pat.n.watson@baesystems.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 4496a1e0$1_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net... > How can I filter single columns say three out of eight columns without > setting the autofilt...

Migrating notes records
Using Data Migration Manager I have uploaded 68000+ notes to CRM 4. However all notes show a creation date of 5/10/2008. Even more strangely, I have found that the AnnotationBase table contains the correct dates from the import file in the CreatedOn field, but has not set the OverriddenCreatedOn field. The server was built a few months ago, but certainly not in October 2008 - anyone have ideas as to how I can persuade CRM to recognise the values in CreatedOn? ...

Printing odd pages in booklet format
I used to be able to do this easily in PageMaker, but I can't figure it out for the life of me in Publisher... I am creating a booklet. Each page is 8.5 w and 5.5 tall (ie, half-letter, landscape orientation). I'd like to print this booklet two pages to one peice of paper, so I can cut in the middle and punch for a ring binder. I'd like the target paper to be letter (8.5 x 11). However, when I try to set it up as a book, I get a weird page that's 17x5.5. How can I change how the page is set up, so I can get both 8.5 x 5.5 pages to print in the correct orientation on the...

Sync Outlook Notes 2007 with Exchange
I'm running Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2010. I use my notes in Outlook quite a bit, but my OWA or Active Sync on my mobile device doesn't give me a chance to sync notes anymore. I'm sure this is an exchange questions, but wondered if anyone knew of a fix? thanks Jason ...

Domain name issue migrating 5.5 to Exchange 2003
We are prepairing to migrate Echange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. This has come up as an issue: Our domain is cornerstone instead of cornerstone.com Our email address is "firstname.lastname@cornerstonegrp.com" instead of: "firstname.lastname@cornerstone.com" ...

Ex5.5 to E2003 intra org migration ...help
Hi.. Berfore I get to issue I would first like to begin by asking the following question..>> There seems to be some difference between Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5 and how permissions are applied to public folders. Exchange 2003 uses Active Directory objects, such as users and security groups; and Exchange 5.5 uses Exchange objects, such as mailboxes and distribution lists. This means to apply permissions to public folders, Active Directory must have the equivalent to an Exchange distribution list which is Universal security groups ..As a result to keep the permmisions on Exchan...

cash drawer not opening but reciept is printing
I have installed Microsoft RMS 2.0 on Windows Vista. I had issues installing my EPSON printer TM-T88IV. It would not work when i put it as "OPOS" device but it worked when i switched it to a "Windows" Device. Now the reciept prints but the problem is that the cash drawer wont open when the reciept is printed. The cash drawer is APG VB 320-BL1616. Any ideas whats wrong with it? thanks Bad cable perhaps? Can you switch cables with another register that IS working to see if it's the cable/pin configuration? Just a thought. "Akbar Mian" wrote: > I...

Attachments to window notes vs record notes
Got an odd situation. On record notes we have the paperclip and can attach files with no problems. On window notes there is no paperclip. Never tried to attach a document to a window note before but always assumed that both record level and window level notes would act the same way. Has anyone else seen this? Should we be able to attach documents to window level notes? GP10, SP3. Thx. No - the behaviour you are seeing is by design. Window notes have never allowed for OLE attachments. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC h...

Removing last 5.5 server
We migrated from NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5 to Win 2003 and Exchange 2003. The ADC was installed to move the mailboxes from the old server to the new one. While the new Exchange server was installed into the new AD domain it was also installed into the old Exchange 5.5 "site". In system manager we have one Administrative Group which shows both servers. If I select the properties from this group it shows the old domain and administrator account. Is this correct? Do I need to be concerned if I remove the old Exchange server? I have followed all of the other instructions from the MS...

Need help for Outlook 2002 -can not write or print email in color
I am using Word as email editor and lost the ability to see my email and print /send in color need advice color changes do not "stay" ARe you using HTML as the message format? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, elliotsh asked: | I am using Word as email editor | and lost the ability to see my email and print /send in | color | need advice | color changes do not "sta...

Can print just 1 page from a 2 page of excel spreadsheet
Yes. File>Print>Print Range>Pages 1 to 1 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Aug 2009 02:44:01 -0700, Ellie Augur <EllieAugur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Admin Problem from 5.5 to 2k3 Exchange
We just migrated all of our email boxes to Exchange 2k3 from Exchange 5.5. Now our administrators can't look at any of the users outlook information unless they are given the rights from that users. Before the administrators could look at the persons information and remove or help the people with problems and questions if need be. How can our Administrators gain access to these exchange boxes again? There are several articles out there on this. In E2K3, domain admins and enterprise admins are explicitly denied this access. There are work arounds. try this: http://www.winnetma...

print area poser
need to know if this is possible want to automatically print data from sheet 1 via a print area in sheet2 once it has printed the data, i need it to clear this data and read from another row on sheet 1 all in all i need a single row print area in sheet 2 to read from about 50 different rows in sheet 1. dont think its possible myself but what do you reckon???? regards neil -- neilwebb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ neilwebb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24450 View this thread: http://www.excelfor...

Delete Emails Older Than X Days
Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition to delete any emails in a mailbox (not just in the Deleted Items folder, but also in any other folder) if it's older than X days. My company would like to implement a policy where we delete all emails older than 90 days, and individuals are responsible for archiving their emails if they want to keep them for longer than that. Thanks, Tom On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:45:04 -0700, Equilar Tech <techinfo@equilar.com.(donotspam)> wrote: >Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Serv...

Scanning a business card into outlook
Is there a software package or tool that can allow a business card to be scanned into outlook? You might want to check google for possibilities. Some card scanners come with software to create vCards. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Scott K asked: | Is there a software package or tool that can allow a | business card to be scanned into outlook? ...

Vlookup question #8
Hi- I have a spreadsheet that looks at individuals and the amount they paid within a certain year for healthcare expenditures. Based upon this level of expenditure, I would like Excel to spit out the Category that the individual falls into. Here is what the table for looking up the category looks like: A B C Category Min Max 00 $0 $20 01 $20 $165 Thus, if the expenditure is $17, they would fall into category 00. How do I do this in Excel? I know its probably an easy VLOOKUP function but I'm not sure how to do the VLOOKUP function when telling Excel th...

Integration GP 8.0 with CRM 3.0
Hi. i'm newbie in GP but i have been know CRM 3.0, i want to do integration between GP and CRM using Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP. After all installation and configuration, the integration was work. I add an account in CRM then the account which i was added is display in GP (as customer). But why the order between GP and CRM can't integrate? I was follow the instruction in the integration guide. The guide book says that the tax details, tax schedules, shipping methods, payment terms, unit of measure, unit of measure schedules, price groups, price le...

Money 2000 Standard Check Printing
When I try to print a company check I get the error message "There are no checks to print in the "Absolute Audio Provident Bank" account. Money will only print checks for transactions that have "Print" in the number field." Everything I've tried to print has already had "Print" in the number field and it still won't print. Where should I go from here? Try repairing the file by closing Money, then go to Start, Run and type 'msmoney -s' without the quotes. Money should launch and repair. Then try to print checks again. "Just...