How do I print multiple records to one publication page?

I want to merge records from a data source in access to publisher.  I want 4
different records per page in postcard format.  Each time I use the catalog
merge feature it prints 1 record 4 times on the page.  How can I fix this?
0
Jagodie (3)

You need to have one card on your screen for the merge to work. (Print preview will
show the same entry on all four cards, its a bug).

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Jagodie" <Jagodie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to merge records from a data source in access to publisher.  I want 4
> different records per page in postcard format.  Each time I use the catalog
> merge feature it prints 1 record 4 times on the page.  How can I fix this?

0
gsauer (5093)
7/7/2005 9:33:25 PM
Jagodie <Jagodie@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> I want to merge records from a data source in access to publisher.  I
> want 4 different records per page in postcard format.  Each time I
> use the catalog merge feature it prints 1 record 4 times on the page.

You either need to use the Mail Merge and use the single card design layout,
or the Catalog Merge and the whole page repeating-region technique.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
7/7/2005 10:23:19 PM
I did use one card on my screen and when I printed it out it still had one
record 4 times.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You need to have one card on your screen for the merge to work. (Print preview will
> show the same entry on all four cards, its a bug).
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Jagodie" <Jagodie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to merge records from a data source in access to publisher.  I want 4
> > different records per page in postcard format.  Each time I use the catalog
> > merge feature it prints 1 record 4 times on the page.  How can I fix this?

0
Jagodie (3)
7/8/2005 2:19:04 PM
What is the repeating region technique?

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Jagodie <Jagodie@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > I want to merge records from a data source in access to publisher.  I
> > want 4 different records per page in postcard format.  Each time I
> > use the catalog merge feature it prints 1 record 4 times on the page.
>
> You either need to use the Mail Merge and use the single card design layout,
> or the Catalog Merge and the whole page repeating-region technique.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Jagodie (3)
7/8/2005 2:20:05 PM
Can you send me your file in question? bkvalheim@hotmail.com

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
> What is the repeating region technique?
>
> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>
>> Jagodie <Jagodie@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
>> utter:
>> > I want to merge records from a data source in access to publisher.  I
>> > want 4 different records per page in postcard format.  Each time I
>> > use the catalog merge feature it prints 1 record 4 times on the page.
>>
>> You either need to use the Mail Merge and use the single card design
>> layout,
>> or the Catalog Merge and the whole page repeating-region technique.
>>
>> --
>> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
bkvalheim1 (519)

Printing Newsletter in Publisher 2003

Multiple PST Files #2

Can't edit print styles in Outlook 2007

Auto formatting features: How do I align page numbers in publicati
I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can someone help me? Cissy99 wrote: > I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to > the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can > someone help me? You need to create a two-page master rather than a one-page master. What version of Publisher are you running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Multiple Bar Codes Per Item
I'm looking to use Microsoft RMS for a medium sized game store with one terminal. One critical feature is the ability to have multiple bar codes assigned to the same item. Can RMS do this? Gary Gary, If you are talking about multiple part numbers, yes, use the alias function. Remember what a barcode is. Its a graphical representation of a partnumber that is machine readable. It doesn't describe the item, it is only a number to reference that item. Just like your phone number, it means nothing, but everytime someone dials that number, it gets to you. -- * "gareman" ...

I deleted my Public Folder under IIS By Mistake
I have deleted my Public Folder Virtual Folder in the IIS Manager by Mistake How can I re-create this so that users can use the Public Folders through OWA again Any help Cheers, You have a back up strategy every night right? If so copy it from the back up, if not, you need to have all of yoru databases log files. try this; http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313184 ...

hide header on first page
how do i get excel to hide the header on the first page? Hi not possible with a VBA macro which will first print the first page without a header, then apply the header and print all other pages. Try recording a macro while doing this manually -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "karin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:32DF8BC3-0672-4B0B-BCA6-F9B404DFFC30@microsoft.com... > how do i get excel to hide the header on the first page? Try this karin Sub Test() Dim TotPages As Long TotPages = Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro("GET....

multiple look ups
A B C D E F G H 1 PO TRANS $ $ AMT $ AMT QTY QTY # TYPE AMT RECV VCHR RECV VCHR 2 4227 RECV 668 668 0 26 0 3 4227 RECV 2,415.80 2,415.80 0 94 0 4 4227 VCHR 722 722 0 26 5 TOTAL 3,084 722 120 26 2362.34 For column F and G, I need each QTY RECV to have a matching QTY VCH (***See note at bottom) whereby ultimately, the total RECV QTY equal the total VCHR QTY w...

collating information from multiple sources
Hi Apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to mucking around in excel, I've had a search but I don't really know what to call what I want to do, so finding the answer is tricky... Anyway. I have a dozen or so workbooks that are all of the same format, 1 work sheet with a basic list of test scenarios in each, with a unique reference for each row. What I'd like to do is pull information from all those workbooks into a separate workbook by the use of the unique reference. i.e If I type in the unique reference in the master workb...

Only one line in Money invoice
I have been using Money 2007 Home & Business to create and print invoices. This program has run with no problems for some time. However, just recently, it will only allow one item to print on the invoice. I can enter more than one item, and the invoice entry will show the additional items, but when printed only one item will show up. I have tried backing up my Money file to a spare disk, deleting the program and the associated mny and mbf files from the computer, reinstalling the program and reloading the backup. The same fault immediately occurs. Strangely, I have now installed the sam...

Move pages from document to document?

How do I combine two worksheets into one graph
I have two worksheets on an Excel spreadsheet. I would like to take both worksheets and place in one graph. Any suggestions? Make a chart with data from one sheet. Then copy the data on the other sheet, select the chart, and use Paste Special from the Edit menu to add the copied data as New Series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ McPowerUser wrote: > I have two worksheets on an Excel spreadsheet. I would like to take both > worksheets and place in one graph. Any suggestions? ...

Hyper link one column to another
I would like to have my columns hyper link one another. For example: Click on B2 would take you to N2, and vice-versa. Click on C2 would take you to O2... and so on through column j linked to V. Is this possible without having to make the link for each cell? This is a timesheet template and the columns b though J are the hours and N through V are the text comments for those hours. When I copy the template to a new sheet, there will be no data in any column. I would like to be able to enter an amount or formula (=end-start) for time spent and then be able to click on that cell and hyperlin...

Multiple Item Forms
Hi. I am new to your form and am struggling with the Multiple Item Forms. I want a combo box on the top that will select an id number from a table called 'SurveyA'. The multiple item form should then only display the records in a table called 'ActTravDiary' with that id number. As the ID number is changed a new group of records should be displayed in the form. I know how to initiate a change in one combo box based on another combo box (i.e. Row Source), but I cannot find a similar property for the multiple item forms. Please help. On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 21:00:2...

Reference: many to one
I have a form in which users enter information...I keep all controls locked until the user hits a command button to unlock particular bound controls. This works really well, but becomes cumbersome to code when new controls are added; e.g., adding the new control to the several event procedures attached to the form. Can anyone tell me how to refer to a group of controls once, e.g., give them a name; and then only have to refer to that name in the future? alex Alex I'm having trouble visualizing your situation. It sounds like you are describing a form that is being regularly modified....

Copying Publisher from One computer to another
I want to copy Publisher from my old computer to my new one, but if I can't seem to locate all the files I need to make it work on the new computer. What should I do? You can't, you have to install it from the CD. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Jasmin" <Jasmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EB558F1-525D-47BD-A54B-BC62C410D79E@microsoft.com... |I want to copy Publisher from my old computer to my new one, but if I can't | seem to locate all the files I need to make it work on the new computer. What | shoul...

Flagging in Public Folders
My client has several users wanting to see the same message store. I implemented a public folder. Trouble is.... messages/posts cannot be flagged for later inspection. Any ideas? Simon Beresford, MCP IT Support Engineer Expert Systems Ltd e: sberesford@expertsystems.co.uk w: www.expertsystems.co.uk t: +44(0)870 4296181 f: +44(0)870 4296182 the Total IT Service what version of outlook and exchange and why can't they flag them? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Ou...

Newbie: In a CRichEditCtrl, FindText more than one occurrence?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004B_01C36B32.6412DB00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have been looking at three books and making many C++ errors for two = day now for answers to my questions. If I can help it, I save this as my = last resort. Anyway, this is my last resort. I have two questions: 1) I have a CRichEditCtrl class. I can use the FindText function to find = the first occurrence of the substring but I don't know how to find the = second++. (Or the CString or the <st...

multiple disclaimers with microsoft antigen 9

filter records in a form
I've created a form with its subform to enter tasks of employees. however I need filter records only for active employees The form has as a source, the table CARD_EMP (employee card). It has a field ST_EMP for the employee status (Active , Pasive) In the Event Form_Current I wrote DoCmd.ApplyFilter ST_EMP='A' but it doesn't work Thanks for advance Carlos -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi mamumi Your advice was the solution Thanks a lot Carlos -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscodin...

Public Folder acces right for user from other domain
Hi, I need to make a public folder accesible for users drom another domain. I have read that this can be done by configuring the folder as a publicly available newsgroup but how do I do this? Mario ...

Public folders
Hey, I had made a public folder in system manager on my Exchange 2003 server. BUT I wan't the users to only see calender and nothing else - but I don't know how to do ?? Is there Anyone who can help ? Regards -- .. U�ytkownik "DKjean" <DKjean@discussions.microsoft.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:62106717-0AA3-4F2E-9CA1-7C42267F2208@microsoft.com... > Hey, > > I had made a public folder in system manager on my Exchange 2003 > server. > BUT I wan't the users to only see calender and nothing else - but I > don't > know how to do ?? &...