how do I print doublesided 2up on a4 on a form consisting of 4 a5

I am practicing a mock exam on publisher2003 professional and am struggling
to print an application form to be printed as a double sided 2 up on a4 paper
folded across the application form will consist of 4 a5 pages?
0
TommyK (2)

Setup your printer for A4, setup your page as a booklet. I can't quite
understand the 2 up part.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"tommyk" <tommyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am practicing a mock exam on publisher2003 professional and am struggling
> to print an application form to be printed as a double sided 2 up on a4 paper
> folded across the application form will consist of 4 a5 pages?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

change floating form to tab view
Hi, we have download the Contact Management Database Template and when you open the Contact details form, it 'floats' on the screen. We have set our option for all objects to open in tabs - and when we open the Contact Details form in design view, it sits in a tab. How can we set the form to open in a tab and not be movable on the screen? Thanks in advance for any help you can give us. On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 18:24:01 -0800, mj <mj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Open the form in design view. Open the Properties window. Find the Popup property and set it to False. ...

Printing Columns #3
Hello All - I have a need to print an excel database file. The file is 3 columns wide and about 1500 rows. How can I print it to paper where it will print two columns of data? For example: records 1050 would print down the left margin of the paper and records 51-100 would print along the center margin and continue like that on the next pages until all the records are printed. Thank you very much in advance for any help you can offer. Best always, Harvey This might do what you want Sub movenums() lr = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row For i = 51 To lr Step 50 lc = Cells(1, "...

Printing Postcards-MAJOR PROBLEM
Ok, so i'm trying to print 2 sided postcards. I'm also printing 3 on a paper. Well anyways i go to print the front side, everything works. i turn the paper over to print the back and make sure it is aligned. But it doesn't work, the sides aren't aligned!!! WHAT DO I DO??? and i can't keep on messing with it cause the paper i have is very expensive! PLease help! thank you Katrina How are you setting up the cards on your document? There is a way to setup a publication so it will print correctly back to back. You have to remember, anything that is on the left on the fron...

Printing report with many fields
Hi guys, I am printing a page legal size, is not a regular report where the data is shown 1 line after the other, I have around 40 fields, I will spread those fields over the report in around 15 different lines, I will print maximum 5 records in a page, but not all the fields holds data, this means that I need to maximize the space, example: if I there is 1 field or a couple of fields with no data I need to move the next field with data to this space even if the field is located in another line. I will really appreciated any help ...

Form open or closed to define search
Hello. I have 2 tabular forms that are very similar. At the end of each record, there is a button that opens a form of detail about the record. The query that the second form uses is setup to pull its information from whatever record I click. Example: I entered this string in one of the query fields - [Forms]! [SomeForm]![SomeField] I want to have one form open from both of my tab forms. Because the tab forms have different names, I am forced to create 2 queries and 2 detail forms. Is there a way to have the query focus on only the form that is open? I want to have only 1 detail form,...

Printing #34
Is it possible to protect an excel file from being printed by someone else? I don't how to do that without a macro... using macro, you can use the event of the workbook BeforePrint like this: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub -- A+ V. "Al" wrote: > Is it possible to protect an excel file from being printed by someone else? Not really. Even if you used Vincnet's suggestion, the user could disable macros (or even events) and print. Or even copy your data to a worksheet in another workbook and print from there. Al wrote: &g...

Printing in Publisher
When printing a two-sided tri-fold brochure in Publisher, one side comes out up side down. How do I get the brochure to print correctly? Thank You It's a printer setting. ] File Print Setup Properties Features Two sided printing Book (rather than tablet) -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in the Americas! "Glenn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11c1d01c3f58d$68498b70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When printing a two-sided tri-fold brochure in Publisher, > one side comes out up side down. ...

System Attendant NDR #4
Hello. I recieve this message below. I upgrade our exchange server from 5.5 to 2003 and since then i receive this message. I have a number of pocket pc users in our organization and when they make any calendar changes and sync to the server, they receive the same ammount of NDR's as they made changes in their calendar. A user today made nearly 100 changes on his pocket pc and upon syncing, he recieved almost 100 NDR's. I've been trying to fix this for months with no luck. Someone please, please help. Geordie Glazer Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recip...

print problem
I have 2002 publisher. when I print a document 1 inch on the left side does not print. excample, If I do a 8.5x11 photo and stay in the arrange guides 1 inch on left does not print. I design the photo its in the arranged guides when I press preveiw 1 inch on the left is cut short and thats the way the picture prints 1 inch short. Is there a additional setting I should do to get the full page 8.5 x11 to print. I have a job that must get to the printer by Monday. HELP! Thank You Rick Partridge Rick Partridge wrote: > I have 2002 publisher. > when I print a document 1 inch on the left...

date #4
how to set the date to appear Automaticaly, when i open excel "amir" <amir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E5C8C2-11D8-4FC4-B4AB-585CFECF78EF@microsoft.com... > how to set the date to appear Automaticaly, when i open excel Appear WHERE? i want the date to appear Automaticaly,in a cell when i open excel "Gordon" wrote: > "amir" <amir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:89E5C8C2-11D8-4FC4-B4AB-585CFECF78EF@microsoft.com... > > how to set the date to appear Automaticaly, when i open excel > &...

How do I print 2-up? (May be a template question)
I've been given a template for a flyer to be printed 2-up on 8.5x11, IOW, the template is 5.5x8.5. I can't see a way to do it. Can someone give me a clue? Thanks. -- Al Dykes News is something someone wants to suppress, everything else is advertising. - Lord Northcliffe, publisher of the Daily Mail What version Publisher? Believe me, it does make a difference. In Publisher 2003 or 02, page setup, custom, landscape, type 5.5 width, 8.5 height... Publisher will say it will print two copies per sheet. In Publisher 2007... File, page setup, Click advanced on the right. Sel...

Inconsistent Printing with MS Terminal Server
I have a user who is having intermittent print alignment issues. She is the only one using this particular reports dictionary and printer. What we discovered is that if she just logs off her Terminal Server session and back on again, the problem goes away. Any ideas? I've found the exact same issue. I've done a couple of things to resolve it. Basically I've found that you can install the printers locally and not use the Redirected Printers. Or you can make sure you have the most current and specific driver for your printers installed on your clients. Or you can move ...

Probelms printing
I'm having a problem printing workbooks in excel xp, the text is not printing in the cell. The first two rows are fine but as the work sheet progresses each row prints slightly higher so that by the end of the worksheet the last row has moved an entire row. When I look at the worksheet in print preview everything is fine and if I send the file to someone else in the office to print it prints fine. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling just excel & then all of office. I'm printing to an HP 5si. Please help! Just a guess... Are you and the other person using th...

Custom Doc Sizes
Can I create a custom paper size in the paper size option drop menu under the "printer and paper" tab in page setup (Pub2003)? I am unable to print custom size posters. To print them at 23" by 35" for example, I have to size them to the existing size 28"X40", and this is a great waste of materials. Thank you, all. This article addresses Publisher 2002, I assume it is the same for 2003 PUB2002: Large Banners and Posters Printed in Separate Sections http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288201 PUB2000: Large Banners and Posters Are Printed...

Automatically put date in column when using a form
I have a spreadsheet that has 6 columns (B through G) that will be populated using Data, Form to give the input a consistant interface. I want to have the current date entered automatically in the corresponding cell in Column A so that I can run reports based on that date. I am using the Worksheet_Change (ByVal Target As Range) and it works great if I enter the data directly in the cells, but if I try to use Date, Form to enter the data, the date is not automatically put into Column A. Is there anyway to do this? I don't want the user to have to enter a key combination just to input th...

Resetting Form Fields
Hi, I have the following maco assigned to a check box in my form but it appears as the macro lock and unlocks the form all the form fields are reset, even though Ive got the No Reset option set to true it is still resetting them, is there an easy way to over come this? Thanks Robin Sub OnExitSite1a() Dim bProtected As Boolean Dim rText As Range Dim oFld As FormFields Dim sPassword As String Set oFld = ActiveDocument.FormFields Set rText = ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("CheckSiteResult1a").Range sPassword = "" 'password if any to unprotect the form &...

Deploy VBA form at client workstation without via importing package method
Dear all, i'm newbie to GP10. And, i have add in some vba script in the SOP entry form at the GP10 server without changing or adding any fields on the existing form. Just the vba script which are checking some info and the VBA script was placed in XXX_AfterLostFocus events. Is there any way i can deploy the update SOP form with VBA into my 10 unit of client workstation without using Importing package method. btw, my GP launch file setting is point to local machine. Pls advice, thanks in advance rgds-Jason Jason, If this is the only customizations you have in your network, you can copy ...

Access 2003 Form
Access 2003 form with several controls including following: 1- Payment Type (combo box) that contain three entrees: CASH, Check, Credit Card 2- Check Number (text box) Question: What procedure or code I have to apply and to which event in property of Check Number Control that if user chose the Check in Payment Type combo box to be forced to enter a check number into Check Number control before record could be saved? -- Bardia Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If Me.[Payment Type] = "Cash" Then If Len(Me.[Check_Number ]& vbNullString) = 0 T...

I'm having a problem printing multiple copies in Publisher 2003.
When I send a print job to the printer, it only prints one copy, regardless of how many I tell it to print. Have you looked into a more current driver? Go to the manufacturer's web site of your printer and look around. Open the printers folder in the control panel, right-click your printer, printing preferences, you can input a number in this dialog, but if you do everything you print will print this number of copies. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Gram" <Gram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Printing multiple sheets from a macro
How do I print multiple sheets from a macro. I don't want to select them individually and print them individually, but rather choose multiple sheets and print them with one print call so they end up as one print job... Thanks Taylor Try Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet3")).PrintOut 'all sheets in the array ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut 'print all selected sheets -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Taylor Francis" <etfjr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:401A70C4.2070401@yahoo.com... > How...

Saving current row on Form exit
I wish to save the current row on a form so that it can be automatically selected the next time the form is opened. To do this, I have the following - 'save the current row Private Sub Form_Close() SQLString = " DELETE * FROM tblPreviousFormState;" CurrentDb.Execute SQLString, dbFailOnError SQLString = "INSERT INTO tblPreviousFormState(TableID) Values(" & TableID & ");" CurrentDb.Execute SQLString, dbFailOnError End Sub I'm sure there is some nice way of having a one row table but I'm not sure about this... TableID is th...

Public Folder Problem #4
We have a public folder set up on our Exchange 5.5 server that handles all of our web requests off of our website. There are a few users who go through these emails and either delete them because they are garbage or forward them to the appropriate user who needs to see the email. The problem lies in the fact that when an email from this public folder is forwarded or repied to, you do not get the normal mail icon that shows that the email was forwarded or replied to. Also, many of the email come in as read even though they were not. This applies to using a preview pane and also not us...

VB list box print reports. Known # of columns. # rows unknown
I have a Listbox with a number of reports. I know the number of columns in the report but not the number of rows in the report. This will vary based on data. How do I set the print area in VB when I don't know the number of rows. One way, assuming your data begins in cell A1. Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(1, 1), _ Cells(UsedRange.Rows.Count, UsedRange.ColumnsCount)) ActiveSheet.PageSetUp.PrintArea = rng "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A660B32E-BEB0-4EFF-A146-0943407D4F91@microsoft.com... >I have...

Global Change to Drop-Down Form Fields
I need to make a global change to a large number of Drop-Down form fields. They currently have the same values, I just want to change those values to something different. Anyone know how to do this? On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 06:05:42 -0800 (PST), iamnu <iamnubw@gmail.com> wrote: >I need to make a global change to a large number of Drop-Down form >fields. They currently have the same values, I just want to change >those values to something different. > >Anyone know how to do this? You can get your knickers in a twist trying to change specific entries, but it&#...

test Post #4
Please ignore ...