how do i print an A3 poster using 2 A4 sheets

When I select A3 portrait as the page size for a poster how do I get it to
print on two A4 sheets.  Publisher wants to print on 4 tiled sheets
0
TedM (2)

When tiling, Publisher will compute space for overlapping; when selecting
your Page setup select Horizontal.  Also, you'll need to either crop a bit
or resize your poster a bit to have it fit on two A4 sheets.

I have to thank you for giving me the nudge to look for and find a chart of
paper sizes.
http://www.dpandi.com/paper/index.html

--
Don - Publisher 2000�
Vancouver, USA

"TedM" <TedM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I select A3 portrait as the page size for a poster how do I get it to
> print on two A4 sheets.  Publisher wants to print on 4 tiled sheets

0
Engineer5094 (821)
11/4/2008 10:09:40 AM
A workaround

Create your A3 poster...  In a new publication create a A4 booklet, in the
center pages copy/paste the poster (you will have to rotate all the objects
(ctrl+A, group) 90 degrees).

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"TedM" <TedM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I select A3 portrait as the page size for a poster how do I get it to
> print on two A4 sheets.  Publisher wants to print on 4 tiled sheets

0
mary.sauer (2018)
11/4/2008 1:19:15 PM
A p. s.
There will be some problems gluing the two A4 pages together as my workaround
doesn't account for an overlap.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
>A workaround
>
> Create your A3 poster...  In a new publication create a A4 booklet, in the
> center pages copy/paste the poster (you will have to rotate all the objects
> (ctrl+A, group) 90 degrees).
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "TedM" <TedM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> When I select A3 portrait as the page size for a poster how do I get it to
>> print on two A4 sheets.  Publisher wants to print on 4 tiled sheets

0
mary.sauer (2018)
11/4/2008 1:23:32 PM
Thanks for your suggestions.  I have found a better workaround.
I created a new blank page size 85 cm X 60 cm.  This gave me a poster of 3 X
4 A4 sheets in landscape.  I used the centre two sheets to create my poster
with no problems with margins and a proper overlap for joining.   I then
printed only the two relevant tiles 2,2 and 3,2.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> A p. s.
> There will be some problems gluing the two A4 pages together as my workaround
> doesn't account for an overlap.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
> >A workaround
> >
> > Create your A3 poster...  In a new publication create a A4 booklet, in the
> > center pages copy/paste the poster (you will have to rotate all the objects
> > (ctrl+A, group) 90 degrees).
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >
> > "TedM" <TedM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> When I select A3 portrait as the page size for a poster how do I get it to
> >> print on two A4 sheets.  Publisher wants to print on 4 tiled sheets

0
TedM (2)

Print Footer with Last Print Date field name
How do you create a Footer to print the Last Printed Date and Last Revised Date? Its not as obvious in Excel as it is in Word. Hi this is only possible with VBA inserting this information within an event procedure -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ted wrote: > How do you create a Footer to print the Last Printed Date and Last > Revised Date? Its not as obvious in Excel as it is in Word. ...

Advance Security #2
I'm using GP 7.0 on a Citrix Server When I try to user Advance Security it's telling me that some one else is using it and no one is using Advance Security. How can I fix this problem? Also at times while using Advance Security I will get log out of GP. Do anyone know why this happens? Thanks, Try this: Great Plains/Great Plains Standard on Microsoft SQL Server/MSDE 1. Make a backup of the DYNAMICS database. 2. Execute the following script in Query Analyzer or the Support Administrator Console: Delete DYNAMICS..SY00801 "KBrown" wrote: > I'm using GP ...

How do I get rid of header/footer on page 2 of document?
the help menu says to click on header/footer, then toggle to new, then highlight text you want to get rid of, then hit delete key. I did that but all the header/footers throughout the document got deleted. How do I get to keep only the header/footer on page 1? TIA Fay Please see reply to your previous duplicate question. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Fay Zeller" <fayzee@optonline.net> wrote in message news:4b16f1f1$0$31281$607ed4bc@cv.net... > the help menu says to click...

Change the space used for my x-axis labels
Can anybody help me? I have an column chart with words as labels. My problem is that I can't change the space used for the labels, that is some labels is in two or three lines and I would like to use more room for the labels and less room for the chart itself. But when I make the chart smaller then the labels just are dragged upwards - how do I prevent that?? ...

RFX_Text converts empty strings to NULL when using ODBC and MFC
When submitting updates to the database and the column has a Not NULL constraint I get an error from the ODBC driver. It appears that the field exchange mechanism is converting the empty strings to NULL. I have seen this topic posted before, however, the solution was never presented with the post. Thanks:-) ...

using sumproduct with a substring condition?
I have a calculation I just made that looks like this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(C5:C50="persons name"),I5:I50) which works out the hours billed from column I and works fine. Column E has a description in it which sometimes has at the end of the description the words "do not bill." Is there any way to add this condition to the sumproduct - i.e. exclude from the sumproduct any value in column I that has the "do not bill" sub-text in column e? Thanks, Ben >exclude from the sumproduct any value >in column I that has the "do not bill" Try it ...

Printed quotes
Hi There, We're new to CRM but we're evaluating it and we quite like it. However, I just don't understand how you go about making a printable quote. We'd like to be able to create a quote, place products (from stock or as 'write-in' items) into it and then have CRM create a nicely formated document (Word or HTML) that can be sent to the customer. When you ask CRM to print a quote with the button on the toolbar it just gives a detailed summary that is not customer-facing. I guess that printing of quotes happens as a report but the standard reports make no mentio...

Badmail folder #2
Please can somebody tell me how to read the bounced email in the badmail folder, I have tried associating them with outlook and they mail messages are just empty, I have even tried renaming to .eml. There are three different extension, which one should I be looking at for email incomming to a bad address, thank you You should be able to open these files in Notepad and check the email header Regards. Philip wrote: > Please can somebody tell me how to read the bounced email > in the badmail folder, I have tried associating them with > outlook and they mail messages are just e...

Outlook 2003
Here's the problem: Every tiem I open Outlook it displays an error message that my Exchange server is unavailable. What I know: I know the Exchange server is up & running without any problems. The desktop computer is on the network and can browse and ping different devices. DNS is resolving names properly. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? ...

how I can sum or subtract 2 or 3 field in access in any record
hi I want know that why there is NOT any relationship between access and excel and how I can sum and subtract 2 or 3 filds in access in any record thanks hadi_khodaparast@yahoo.com Hello Hadi - I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are asking, but Excel is *not* a 'front end' for an Access database. You can use Excel to query the db & copy Access data into a workbook in several ways. That copy of the data can be used for calculations, but the data *doesn't* get changed in the Access file. Although the modified results can be imported to Access it may very well be t...

2 questions regarding count formula
If I have the following data A B C 1 Personnel group type p't number 2 Melinda 1 4 3 Sean 1 5 4 Melinda 1 6 5 Sean 2 30 6 Fay 3 8 7 Melinda 1 32 1. How shall I contruct my formula to count the number of data that satisfy the following criteria: 1. personnel is Melinda 2. group type is 1 3. ...

Using a two-dimensional array in Excel 2002 or 2003
I am trying to improve my coding skills in Excel VBA and I just can't seem to find a good, very basic, example of how to use a 2-dimensional array. I've looked in several reference books & browsed VBA Forums but can't find an example I can understand. What I was trying to do was define a 3 x 4 Array that has a data type of Single. My sample data is located in Cells E1:H3. E F G H 1 3.4 8.1 11.6 100.3 2 5.2 7.3 45.2 632.4 3 1.7 9.6 39.7 161.5 I've been trying to use the LBound and UBound functions too, thinkin...

InterlockedCompareExchange64 under VC++ 6.0: in-line assembly using cmpxchg8b ??
I am trying to implement an atomic compare-and-exchange of a "double" type, under VC++ 6.0 for WinXP. The Windows API function of InterlockedCompareExchange64 is not available for WinXP (it's only available for Vista, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dllproc/base/interlockedcompareexchange64.asp ) .. There is a compiler intrinsic function of _InterlockedCompareExchange64 (see http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ttk2z1ws(VS.80).aspx ), but this intrinsic seems to be available only for more recent versions of VC++ (such as VC++ 2005), and it's not available as...

sheet 1 in my spreadsheet is green. What have I done?
Only the first sheet of my spreadsheet file (4pages) has gone green. I'm not sure what I have done and tried the formatting and the fill options and can't seem to find what the problem is. The cell lines are visible through the colour, but I have not made changes to the background either...does anyone know what could be the problem??? ...

comparing componants of tables #2
I cannot easily compare data elements of comparative data. Here's what I mean, john smith bill jones mary Dee observation 1 observation 2 observation 1 observation 2 observation 1 observation 2 weight 160 155 128 119 120 129 belt size 40 38 29 28 25 26 shoe size 12 11 8 9 8 9 But, I ha...

My (final) 2 cents on continuous form design
Some days ago I started a thread on this forum regarding the design of a continuous form to be used to show all of the records filled in a table and giving the possibility to the user to select each row and perform action on the record (mine is retrieving all of the information from the record and use them to fill another form where the data can be edited). This can be easily accomplished through regular continuous form but I stated few requirements: a) the form should be unbound and the data should be not editable; b) I hate having that crappy effect of all the text selected whe...

Operation Failed! #2
Hello, Using Outlook 2002 and when attempting to Send/Receive mail I get an immediate error message saying "Operation Failed!" There's no attempt by the program, no timing out - the error msg. pops up immediately. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the mail account to no avail. I'm stumped! Please help... Thanks in advance! -Lee Create a completely new profile to see if that solves the issue and also suggest running a Detect and Repair on the program. If neither issues work create a new .ost file by doing a search and renaming it to .ost1 or something to ...

Printing from Outlook 2000
My office clients run are on NT 4.0 SP 5. What used to be an occasional problem over the last couple of years of losing a printer connection is now happening with much greater frequency. This happen to local printing as well as from the network. All our printers are HP models. User send e-mails to print and can get the following behaviour, . A) The item doesn't print B) The default printer is grayed out and cannot be changed C) Always fails using the icon, sometimes using the File menu is a workaround, but not consistent. The only solution so far is to logout of Outlook and ba...

Outlook 2003 very slow #2
Several people in my office including myself have upgraded to Office 2003 over the last several weeks. Many of us have begun experiencing performance problems. For example, I will click on another message in order to view it in the task pane, and then Outlook will sit there for ages before it gets displayed. The larger the message (including attachments), the worse the problem. However, even a message that is small with only a 100KB attachment seems to take 20-30 seconds to respond... this was never the case before. Also deleting a message takes ages. I checked the Exchange 2000 SP3 server th...

Print a sheet area to another...
Hi people, i have another question for you. Is it possible to print some of a sheet area to another sheet or a form? I have 40 different sheet's in a single workbook. Column A to M is headlines and row 7 to .......... is input in every sheet. My question is; After all the input is done the result in column M appears with text and a background color. Is it possible to print the row's that has ex. red color and the sheet name into another sheet or a form. I need a vb code that can find the red color itself and copy that row with the sheet name to another location no mather if th...

Comparing 2 Lists
Lets say that I have a Sales Forecast list with Customer Name and Sale Status columns. The number of registries in this list changes every da (some new sales opportunities are created and some are deleted). Questions are: 1) How can I create a report to compare two days in order to know whic registries have been added and/or deleted? 2) If I want to know if a Sales Status have changed from one day t another, what is the best way to do it? Tks!! -- inomat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- inomata's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?act...

Business Portal 2.5 #3
Receive error: The Business Portal data in the database you selected is not compatible with this version of the Business Portal. You must select a different database before continuing Hi What version of Great Plains are you using? -- Regards James[MVP] Visit MBS Blog Central http://mbscentral.blogs.com "thebigo9" <thebigo9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:491CA957-2C6C-4440-BFD6-CACE94C06584@microsoft.com... > Receive error: The Business Portal data in the database you selected is > not > compatible with this version of the Business Portal. Yo...

Creating users with ADC / Exchange 5.5 #2
I installed the ADC on my DC and created all connection agreements. Now I can go into ADUC and create new users, but I don't see a mailbox being created for a user. Should that happen? If so, how long should it take? I tried sending an email to the user I created and the mailbox isn't found. Also, there are no Exchange tabs for the users name. ...

Use the critical pack from the Microsoft Corp.
--zhgnareqkgrzm Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yuqjzsfeerdzue"; type="multipart/alternative" --yuqjzsfeerdzue Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locativavdwrafmhc" --locativavdwrafmhc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer fr...

Using a formula in a Hyperlink Cell reference
I have a workbook with approx 60 worksheets in it. I have set up hyperlinks on the 1st sheet to take me directly to the worksheet I want to see. Is there any way of using a function in the Hyperlink cell reference, so the link will automatically position me at the right cell on the target sheet? I thought I could use the COUNTA function to determine the first non-blank cell, but the hyperlink doesn't seem to like it. Hi what HYPERLINK formula are you currently using? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "sslabbe" <sslabbe@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb i...