How do I print a half page sized book w/2 pgs/letter-sized paper?

I'm trying to format and print a 5.5"w x 8.5"h cookbook.  I want to print
landscape on letter-sized paper with 2 cookbook pages per letter-sized paper.
 I tried "booklet" format but that won't work for a 150 page cookbook.
1
DeborahV (1)

Why won't booklet work for 150 pages? Try 148 pages or 152 pages.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"DeborahV" <DeborahV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to format and print a 5.5"w x 8.5"h cookbook.  I want to print
> landscape on letter-sized paper with 2 cookbook pages per letter-sized paper.
> I tried "booklet" format but that won't work for a 150 page cookbook.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
11/13/2007 10:44:20 PM
In order to print the pages in numerical order, just go ahead and make a 152
page booklet.  Make the back of the cover for, "This Cookbook is dedicated
to ............."  and the inside back cover blank.

To fill the second blank page you could put in equivalents, i.e., how many
smidgens in a tablespoon, pinches in a teaspoon etc.

The thing to remember is that each sheet of paper is 4 pages; can't get
around it.

Or, if you would like another recipe, contact me at

dschmidt AT pacifier DOT com

and I'll send you

Italian Sausages with Ratatouille  (Pronounced  Rata Too EE - like the
movie)

and
DRAGO'S ITALIAN BREAD PUDDING

and

TORTA DEI CRAUTI DEL CIOCCOLATO
(CHOCOLATE SAUERKRAUT CAKE)
This one is sinfully gooood!!

--
Don, Vancouver, USA
-----------------------------------

"DeborahV" <DeborahV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to format and print a 5.5"w x 8.5"h cookbook.  I want to print
> landscape on letter-sized paper with 2 cookbook pages per letter-sized
> paper.
> I tried "booklet" format but that won't work for a 150 page cookbook.

0
Engineer5094 (821)

PAGE SIZE DIFFICULTY
WHEN I CHANGE MY PAGE SIZE AND PAPER SIZE MY PUBLICATION REMAINS THE SAME. COULD SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO SHRINK MY DOCUMENT TO MATCH MY PAPER SIZE >-----Original Message----- >WHEN I CHANGE MY PAGE SIZE AND PAPER SIZE MY PUBLICATION REMAINS THE SAME. >COULD SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO SHRINK MY DOCUMENT TO MATCH MY PAPER SIZE >. > Choose Page setup from the File drop down menu and set the page size to suit your needs. Note that elements on the page do not change. You will have to rearrange to suit. MISS2728 wrote: > WHEN I CHANGE MY PAGE SIZE AND PAPER SIZE MY PUBLICATION RE...

VB Macro #2

Reference Book
I'm a Win32 programmer, and I'm trying to get into some MFC. I've read a little about MFC, but the books lack a lot of quality and descriptive text about the structure of MFC. Can I ask whose book is the Charles Petzold of MFC? Thank you I haven't seen a bad MFC book in a long time, but then again, I haven't bought a new MFC book in many years. My presonal perference are the MFC books published by Wrox Press http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&isbn=1861000855&itm=31 You can't go wrong with the Microsoft Press ones either. Al...

VCR to DVD Part 2

Heading at top of page
Working in Word 2003, I put two spaces between a paragraph and the next 'heading 2'. This works fine until the 'heading 2' spills on to the next page. There is then two spaces gap at the top of the page. Is there a way to tell word to keep the heading at the top of the page if it spills over? Don't want to put in a hard page break. Thanks Jon. -- j4k How are you creating the spacing? If you are pressing Enter twice, then don't. Use Spacing Before instead (Paragraph dialog box, Indents and Spacing tab). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Wo...

Printing In Color
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to print a document in word that is color but it is only coming out in black and white. How can I change the color settings on my printer? Word has no setting to print in color v. B/W -- that's a function of your printer & its driver software. The settings are available in the Print dialog in the Copies & Pages List, but exactly where the setting is located depends to a great extent on what printer you have. Some printers also have physical controls on the printer, itself, but that isn't common. ...

set print area #2

how do you get a landscape page?
Please help, desperate! If you are using 2010, Page Design tab, Size, More pre-set page sizes. Letter landscape is the first choice. In all other Publisher versions landscape will be on the page setup screen found in the File menu. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "becky.x" <becky.x@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25D3EDBC-93EF-4582-94B2-83C9CE121E17@microsoft.com... > Please help, desperate! ...

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Numbering in Book Files
I am creating a tech manual where each chapter is its own file. I have created an outline numbered list and saved the list in a template that I then use to create the new chapters. However, I am finding that when I go into a new chapter that the outline numbering does not pick up on the chapter (Heading 1) number. For example: Chapter 1: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. But when I start my next chapter, when I update the chapter number to start at 2, I get this: Chapter 2: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. ...

Money Updates #2

Can't create the item #2

Migrating Exchange servers
We are in the process of migrating to a new exchange server. The issue we are having is transfering the user's outlook (xp, 2k) address book/contact list to the new server without manually having to log into everyone's computer and pointing their address books to the new server. Is there a way to do this authomatically server-side? You're moving the mailboxes, right? The user's "address book" is the Contacts folder in the mailbox. So, there's nothing extra to move. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for ...

How do I create upper/lower case letters in cells?
I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? You could create helper cells with this formula =proper(A1) "boz130" wrote: > I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I > want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? ...