How do I paginate in Publisher 2003?

I have an 11 to 12-page service menu to produce for a church. My finished
product before Publisher is an .rtf file, two pages per sheet in landscape
form. I've tried importing the file. It produces 22 pages, which print just
as they would in Word--no pagination. I can do pencil/paper pagination, but
will Publisher even do it? How?
0
DWittrock (1)

It is not clear what you mean by pagination. Are you trying to print a
booklet?
--
Computing should be about insight, not numbers or flash.

0
eezzell (48)
4/29/2008 7:19:01 PM
I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Do you have an 11 (or 12) page Pub
document with linked text boxes and are insert your .rtf file into that? Or
are you just opening the .rtf file?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"DWittrock" <DWittrock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an 11 to 12-page service menu to produce for a church. My finished
> product before Publisher is an .rtf file, two pages per sheet in landscape
> form. I've tried importing the file. It produces 22 pages, which print
> just
> as they would in Word--no pagination. I can do pencil/paper pagination,
> but
> will Publisher even do it? How?

0
jl_paules (2768)

Outolook 2003 is slow when answering message
Hello, I have a problem with Outlook 2003 SP2 when i receive a message and push answer button it takes about 30 seconds to load.How can i do to resolve the problem? If i push new message or forward loading is fast. Thanks Are you using Word or Outlook as the email editor? Does changing it to the other make a difference? Also, apply Service Pack 3 and additional for Office 2003 to make sure we are not trying to fix an already solved bug. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, D...

SMS 2003 report help
I have no idea how to do this, but hopefully someone out there can help. Running SMS 2003 and I have the two reports below that I would like to combine with a change. I would like to be able to see the username and time of day usage for each user hit, not just the last usage along with everything in that first report. I would also like to just pull all the data for all games and all dates instead of having to specify. We aren't that big that I need to cut this list down. Any ideas? Thanks a bunch for any help! Mark "Users that have run a specific metered s...

Outlook 2003 minimize to sys tray problems
For any of you out there that run Outlook 2003, when you min to sys tray, and then you try to double click to maximize it, does it ever act as though you only did a single click? This happens to me very often. I did change my mouse and this is a brand new computer. Every other USB device works fine. HELP! ...

Migration 97 to 2003 causes MailMerge to fail
I am having a problem converting an Access/Word application using mail merge, from 97 to 2003. The application works fine in 97, using VB code in Access to set up the Data Source and execute the mail merge, producing a new Word document containing the merged data. However, in 2003 it fails at the line wrdDoc.MailMerge.Execute with error 4605, This method or property is not available because document is not a MailMerge main document. I notice the MailMerge toolbar is greyed out in the merge document, whereas in 97 it is available. I have tried enabling the toolbar in the code, immedi...

Outlook 2003 not retaining dictionary and message rules settings
A customer is reporting that a new installation of Outlook 2003, using a PST file that I copied across from his old computer, is not retaining dictionary and message rules settings. I introduced the saved PST by copying it in place of the blank one that Outlook created when I first ran it; I found that importing using File | Import resulted in duplicate Contacts entries and a duplicate Personal Folders tree structure. When I raised that issue in another newsgroup a few days ago, the advice was to use the saved PST in place of the blank one; is this the best way to migrate Outlook saved mail a...

2002 to 2003?
TIA I have to add new emails from a computer that is running Outlook 2002, into a computer that is running Outlook 2003. I saved a pst file but the 2003 Outlook will not recognize it. How do I get around this? Again, thanks, Dave H. "DH" <xxxdaveoh@swbell.net(axe the x's)> wrote in message news:B34Bi.619$FO2.198@newssvr14.news.prodigy.net... > I have to add new emails from a computer that is running Outlook 2002, > into a computer that is running Outlook 2003. I saved a pst file but the > 2003 Outlook will not recognize it. > > How do I get aro...

Printing postcards in Publisher #4
Using Pub2002. WindowsXp. I am trying to print postcards using Publisher. The postcard comes 4/page and the page dimensions are 8.5 x 12. Postcard dimensions are 4.25" x 6". No borders. What's the question? -- Don Vancouver, USA "babygirlnerd" <babygirlnerd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9E97C14-3115-4397-B389-C34CA7B68864@microsoft.com... > Using Pub2002. WindowsXp. I am trying to print postcards using Publisher. > The postcard comes 4/page and the page dimensions are 8.5 x 12. Postcard > dimensions are 4.25" x 6". ...

MS Publisher 2003 wont let me send publication in email message.
I'm trying to send a document in the body of an email but all the tutorials I've tried aren't working. I've changed to TIFF, and pdf both unsuccessfully. I would just like to find a way to get to <File><Send email><Send E-Mail as Message>, instead of <Send E-mail as Attachment>. Any help is great Reference: Tips and troubleshooting for sending a publication page as an e-mail message: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010390591033.aspx?pid=CH062524821033 Attaching the publication as a PDF is usually the easiest and best way. DavidF ...

Sharing Outlook 2003 .pst on 2 computers (not simultaneously)
I hope someone can help me here. I have 2 different offices, both running outlook 03, and i would like to find a way to carry the .pst with me, on an ipod, or USB memory stick. can you do this?? i run into the situation where i need to access email on one computer when i'm at the other office. i get a stupid amount of emails during the day, so i have to touch each one twice. i'm trying to figure out a way that i can have just one disk, portable media or put the file on a vpn server, so when i launch outlook (only one will be running at a time), they use the same .pst file. This m...

Publisher 2000 product key not accepted
I am trying install Publisher 2000 and the Product Key, which I have checked and double checked is not accepted. I know it is an old version but just want to create a personal business card. I have Windows XP Pro. Was it a free-standing purchase or an OEM? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A93AD045-6849-4054-BD25-EE7BE0DB28EF@microsoft.com... >I am trying install Publisher 2000 and the Product Key, which I have >checked > and double checked is not accepted. I know it is an old version but j...

Outlook 2003 / mail retrieving, saving password
Outlook 2003 asks me my pop-account password every time, even as I have marked the checkbox "Save password...". It is really annoying as I want to check my pop-account once every 5 minutes. What to do? /M It gives me the "Enter network password" popup every time, it seems I cannot save the password for some reason. I already tried to modify registry so that I deleted all keys inside HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider, and rebooted the machine and re-created the mail accounts - didn't help!!! Frustrating. /M "Make" ...

Custom Paper Size For Publisher
I've created 2 custom paper sizes using the "Print Sever Properties" method as suggested by Microsoft and yet neither of these new forms are being shown in Publisher (or word) in either Page Set-Up or Printer Options. Any ideas as to why? You have no idea about setting up print servers. Suggest you find somebody that knows what they are doing in setting up print servers. "aghent" <aghent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D275C608-1FCA-408B-967B-F380A288E461@microsoft.com... | I've created 2 custom paper sizes using the "Print Sever P...

how to I e-mail a multiple page newsletter in publisher
I created a news letter in Publisher, a two page newsletter. I tried to e-mail the newsletter to myself but all I get in the e-mail is the first page not both. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Please can anyone help with my frustration? Can't send it as a multipage newsletter. You have two choices. Create a lonnnnnnnnnnnng email that is one "page" wide or convert it to a .pdf and send it as an attachment. Warning - if you do it as the lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng email, it probably will not print past the first "page". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publi...

Opening multiple accounts in Outlook 2003
Assuming I have account A as major mailbox and account B as additional. Back in Outlook 2000, when browsing emails of account B and delete emails, they go into the [Deleted Items] folder of account A, no problem in that, I can still drag-n-drop the mails directly into the [Deleted Items] of account B and does not interferce account A at all. However in Outlook 2003, even when I drag the messages directly into [Deleted Items] folder of account B, they still ended up in that of account A. Any work around that we could resolve this? achen <achen2002@yahoo.com> wrote: > Assuming I h...

Excel 2003 vs 2002 problems
Hi, I have a large spreadsheet (80 MB) that was having some memory type issues in Excel 2002. I was told that 2003 has more memory. I upgraded today and noticed that the spreadsheet no opens better, i can copy/paste formulas better etc. However, I noticed that it calcualtes much slower than 2002. I have live stock data coming in via RTD links - the RTDThrottle is the same. I have run a sisde by side comparison (same spreadsheet running on two different systems - one with 2002 and the other with 2003) 2002 calculates much quicker. Does anyone know if I have to change something in...

Outlook 2003: Copy Command Missing on Right-Click
In Outlook 2003, when I right click on an email message, only the move command is available; the copy command is missing! The only way I can copy an email message to another folder is to drag it with the right mouse button and then it comes up as an option. Is there a fix to this bug? Thanks... ...

viewing publisher documents
How can I view a publisher document without publisher? While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Esther Feldman <Esther Feldman@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > How can I view a publisher document without publisher? a) With the Publisher Demo, available at Microsoft.com for the cost of shipping and handling. b) By getting the creator or sender of the file to convert it to PDF using a free application such as PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this me...

Publisher and Outlook Express
I am using Outlook Exprees 6.00 on Windows XP. When someone sends me an e-mail with an MS Publisher Attachment, it refuses to open. The paper clip attachment notifier is present but it does not highlight when pressed. I have no difficulty in opening all attachments from other programmes - it is just Publisher. My version of Publisher is 2000 - SP3. Any help would be appreciated. Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from G P Kaye <gavinpkaye@tiscali.co.uk> > I am using Outlook Exprees 6.00 on Windows XP. When > someone sends me an e-m...

Outlook 2003 hangs when using Word 2003 as email editor
I'm having a recent problem with Outlook 2003. When using Word 2003 as email editor and attempting to reply to a message, my application hangs for a long time. I then can release it only but closing Word through task manager. Microsoft is evidently aware of this problem by posting "Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 278214," but without providing a resolution or workaround. I've repaired Outlook and uninstalled both applications, then reinstalled. I've deleted the 2 add-ins and installed Outlook and Word without any success. Can anyone help me? I really li...

Publisher from XP to Vista
The bottom print margins on my XP created brochures degreased when I converted to Vista. Where can I increase the print margins for my existing publications created under XP now that I'm running Vista? Did you check to see if there is an updated printer driver for Vista at the manufacturer's web page? Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bart" <Bart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D794D04-AF90-48C9-B762-EC614518EEAC@microsoft.com... > The bottom p...

outlook 2003 thinks email is being sent when none is
Basically, I get the standard error report that an email could not be sent because of a lack of connection with the email server even though no email is in the outbox and I have not tried to send any email. Help! Outlook may be trying to send a read-receipt, which will not be visible in the outbox. Can you send other mail OK? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "NCD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0dbd01c3be93$a14ace10$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Basically...

Having trouble with help in Publisher 2000
I've noticed within the last month that when I click on a link within a help page, in Publisher 2000, that almost invariably I get a scripting error message. For example: Internet Explorer script error Line: 1 Char: 1 Error: Object doesn't support this property or method Code: 0 URL: mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft% 20Office\Office\1033 \pub6.chm::/pub9html/pbmnuCONTNT3016.htm Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? | Yes || No | The only links that seem to work are in the introductory help page, the first page to come up when I select "Microsoft...

Error when trying to open saved Publisher 2000 files
I've been using Publisher 2000 for a couple of years. In recent weeks, I have been unable to open saved files. I get "Mspub has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL. Mspub will now close" error message, and it closes Publisher. I just todsay downloaded updates to Office 2000. The only thing that has changed since I was unable to open these saved files is that I have been diligently doing virus scans, spyware scans, and ad-aware scans. Can anyone help me? -- Thanking you once again for your help. Some articles to ponder OFF2000: Invalid Page Fault in Kernel32.dll Clicking...

Link to a good sample book chapter on Migrating exchange 2003
I'm not sure what the name of this book is because I got the link through a google search but I think it contains helpful information for people who are migrating exchange. Among other things, it went into some good detail on the Active Directory Connector and how it works. You could probably find similar info on MS white papers but not as easy to understand. http://www.aw-bc.com/samplechapter/032122874X.pdf ...

Cannot enter MS Money 2003 on my computer
I thought I knew the password to my MS Money 2003 program but now the password will not work. I was away for four months and when I returned I could not access MS Money. I use MS Money to transfer my bank activities since my bank only keeps accounts back to the last 6 months. I get an error message that my password is wrong or password does not match the user name. While I was away I did have a hotmail account open to handle email sent to me. I also did register for .Net Passport (which I never used) long ago. Now the MS Money screen says the sign-in information is the same as my...