How do I merge two publisher files?

I am using publisher 2003. I am creating an 80 page catalog. I like to save
page 1-10 as file one, pages 11-20 as file two and so on. When I am finished
with my catalog I need to send one file to the printer. How can I merge all
of my pages together in one file?
0
screnda (2)

Copy and paste. Or if you have Acrobat (not just the free Reader) you can
create a single .pdf file with the parts.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"screnda" <screnda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using publisher 2003. I am creating an 80 page catalog. I like to save
> page 1-10 as file one, pages 11-20 as file two and so on. When I am
> finished
> with my catalog I need to send one file to the printer. How can I merge
> all
> of my pages together in one file?

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
12/28/2005 1:42:57 AM
I have tried to copy and paste, but on each page i have about 15 different
pictures and 15 different text boxes and the background, it won't all copy at
one time unless I am doing something wrong.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

> Copy and paste. Or if you have Acrobat (not just the free Reader) you can
> create a single .pdf file with the parts.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "screnda" <screnda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using publisher 2003. I am creating an 80 page catalog. I like to save
> > page 1-10 as file one, pages 11-20 as file two and so on. When I am
> > finished
> > with my catalog I need to send one file to the printer. How can I merge
> > all
> > of my pages together in one file?

0
screnda (2)
12/28/2005 1:53:02 AM
Did you do a select all?

--

>I have tried to copy and paste, but on each page i have about 15 different
> pictures and 15 different text boxes and the background, it won't all copy
> at
> one time unless I am doing something wrong.
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Copy and paste. Or if you have Acrobat (not just the free Reader) you can
>> create a single .pdf file with the parts.
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "screnda" <screnda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am using publisher 2003. I am creating an 80 page catalog. I like to
>> >save
>> > page 1-10 as file one, pages 11-20 as file two and so on. When I am
>> > finished
>> > with my catalog I need to send one file to the printer. How can I merge
>> > all
>> > of my pages together in one file?

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
12/28/2005 2:25:57 AM
Use any pdf creating program to create several pdf files of multiple pages.
Then you could use the modestly priced PDF-Tools program to combine the
several multi-paged pdf files.

If interested in PDF-Tools,

http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/

--
Don
"May your shadow be found in happy places." (Native North American)

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Copy and paste. Or if you have Acrobat (not just the free Reader) you can
> create a single .pdf file with the parts.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "screnda" <screnda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am using publisher 2003. I am creating an 80 page catalog. I like to
>>save
>> page 1-10 as file one, pages 11-20 as file two and so on. When I am
>> finished
>> with my catalog I need to send one file to the printer. How can I merge
>> all
>> of my pages together in one file?

0
Don
12/28/2005 2:36:59 AM
In the catalog merge, you have to option to combine publications.
In step five of the wizard there is an option to "Add the merged pages to the end of
an existing publication."

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"screnda" <screnda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using publisher 2003. I am creating an 80 page catalog. I like to save
> page 1-10 as file one, pages 11-20 as file two and so on. When I am finished
> with my catalog I need to send one file to the printer. How can I merge all
> of my pages together in one file?

0
gsauer (5093)
12/28/2005 9:29:48 AM
Don Schmidt <Don Retired Engineer@PNB.1987> was very recently heard to
utter:
> Use any pdf creating program to create several pdf files of multiple
> pages. Then you could use the modestly priced PDF-Tools program to
> combine the several multi-paged pdf files.

However, this won't work if you're looking to create a Booklet fold
document.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
12/28/2005 2:14:05 PM
Ed,

PDF-Tools has the following options;

All Pages to One Document
Separate each Page to a different Document
All Pages to One Document in Reverse Order
Custom Pages Grouping
Include Merged bookmarks in output PDF

Wouldn't the above met the obstacles?

--
Don
Vancouver USA

> Don Schmidt <Don Retired Engineer@PNB.1987> was very recently heard to
> utter:
>> Use any pdf creating program to create several pdf files of multiple
>> pages. Then you could use the modestly priced PDF-Tools program to
>> combine the several multi-paged pdf files.
>
> However, this won't work if you're looking to create a Booklet fold
> document.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Don
12/28/2005 3:36:11 PM
Don Schmidt <Don Retired Engineer@PNB.1987> was very recently heard to
utter:
> Wouldn't the above met the obstacles?

Don't think so.  The obstacles are in Publisher.  It will output the ten
pages of the first document as a booklet format, with the middle two pages
blank.  Ditto the next ten-page segment.  It will print as if you printed
the individual documents, giving you lots of little booklets rather than one
large one.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)

file permission error 05-19-10
I copied and pasted one page of text from the internet into a word doc, then edited it in word, with MS XP. tried to save it, and can't. got "file permission error." what the heck is this? never had this problem before. *Where* were you trying to save it? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <...

I have been emailed some publisher files, but don't have publishe.
I have been emailed some publisher files, but don't have publisher. Does anyone know how I can view/print them? Can you email the person back and ask them to convert the file to a pdf file and then send it to you? "emalrola" <emalrola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7FF6C778-EB6A-4868-9593-F6F24442BB06@microsoft.com... > I have been emailed some publisher files, but don't have publisher. > > Does anyone know how I can view/print them? Unfortuantely the sender of the files employed someone to 'clean up' her PC 2 weeks ago and ask...

Upgraded to Beta 2007 and files aren't being read
The files we created a week ago w/ the first Beta verson are now, not being read in the latest Beta upgrade. Any one having this issue or do you know a fix. How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Mqueen" <Mqueen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96800D36-7B62-4BEC-9572-22C8CF04B5E5@microsoft.com... > The files we...

SHFileOperation() & delete files #2
I have this code: CString deleteAll = "C:\\Temp\\*.temp"; SHFILEOPSTRUCT shFileOp; ZeroMemory(&shFileOp, sizeof(SHFILEOPSTRUCT)); shFileOp.hwnd = NULL; shFileOp.wFunc = FO_DELETE; shFileOp.pFrom = deleteAll; shFileOp.pTo = NULL; shFileOp.fFlags = FOF_NOCONFIRMATION | FOF_NOERRORUI | FOF_SILENT; SHFileOperation(&shFileOp); Well, it doesn't delete temp files any more. The strange thing is that it worked before and few days ago it stopped working. I don't know what I have changed in my code. :( This is how I create temp files: CFile f; BOOL ok = f.Open(fileName, CFi...

Multiply two columns in Excel or one column by one number
I am a beginner at this. Using Excel, all I want to do is to multiply 2 columns together to give a third column. For example, a list of numbers in column A against a list of numbers in column B to produce a column C - (A2 times B2 to equal a number C2)) or to multiply all the numbers in one column (like "calories" or A2-A18) times one number (like 0.2) to produce a third column. I tried to do this but the results replaced the numbers. and to multiply one column times two other numbers. I'm going nuts (I'm swearing all over and I don't usually swear) trying ...

Word X text converter for WordPerfect (wpd) files
Is there a text converter available for Word X that converts WordPerfect (wpd) files? Not that I know of There isn't a converter for Word to WordPerfect. I think your best bet is to have the WordPerfect users save the file as RTF and then e-mail it to you. You can open RTF in Word and then save it and send it back to be opened in WordPerfect. You could also try downloading a free copy of Corel WordPerfect 3.5 for Mac: <http://acmfiles.csusb.edu/pub/Macintosh/Applications/Corel/Corel_WP_35e.sea ..bin>. That program might allow you to open the WordPerfect file(s). If it does, sa...

why is publisher file black/white when converted to pdf?
All I see is empty White. Wots Your Real Problem? OS, PDF Converter, Printer, any other info that might give us a clue.? John G. "pam" <pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8B32E08-84D9-41BB-AE9F-831F51C0B6F5@microsoft.com... > ...

converting publisher file to a word document (part II)
I have the same question as "Ajoy." Does anyone know how to convert a publisher file to a work document? Or, does anyone know how to convert a publisher file to a PDF file. Does that require specific software? Please advise You can do a "save as" but you will lose the formatting. And several of us know how to create .pdf files. And yes, it does require specific software. I use Adobe Acrobat Standard but there are some other .pdf creating software programs out there that are not as pricy. Sorry I don't have information on the other programs. "tearl" &...

Export/Import Acces Table to another Acces table/file
Hi, Is anybody can help me how to Export/import access table to another access table/file only using 1 click button?. I am pretty sure Visual Basic can do this. Thank's in advance, I am appreciated. KFT -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200707/1 On Jul 2, 7:13 am, "KimTong via AccessMonster.com" <u35279@uwe> wrote: > Hi, > > Is anybody can help me how to Export/import access table to another access > table/file only using 1 click button?. I am pretty sure Visual Basic can do > this. Than...

Importing .ofx files to wrong account
I was importing .ofx files into Money 2004 when I imported one of them into the wrong account. I deleted the imported transactions from the account, but now when I try to re-import the file, it automatically puts the transactions into the wrong (although previously selected) account. Needless to say, it's quite irritating. How do I make it so the import asks which account is the target for the import? In microsoft.public.money, scope wrote: >I was importing .ofx files into Money 2004 when I >imported one of them into the wrong account. I deleted >the imported trans...

Determine the time difference between two records
I have a report I'd like to generate that will tell me the time between each transaction in the database for a user, and the average time between transactions. I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this. The field in the table is called EntryStartTime. What I'd like to do is sort the start times in ascending order, determine the time difference between the first two records, and then continue to the second and third, third and fourth, etc. I have a feeling the answer is probably really simple, but my brain isn't working yet this morning. I'd like to try to avoid ...

PDF file
I am working in excel2000 and want to save /create an existing file in PDF format so that when I sen it by email it cannot be edited or changed Please help Do you have Adobe Acrobat (not Reader) or one of the other applications to create PDF's? If so, you may save your spreadsheet as a PDF. If not, you may need to consider a different approach. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Steve BB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E46C185B-9AB3-4433-8F93-82CB024656E9@microsoft.com... > I am working in excel2000 and wa...

publisher trial probs
First of all I am NOT computer savvy. So talk to me like I'm stupid. ; ) I recently downloaded Office 07 trial and designed a business card. I am having problems getting it to print correctly to Avery 28877 (they are severely off center). Tried to print them in Word (which I assume came with the trial) but there is no "Tools" on the toolbar (in Word or Pub) where the mailings/envelopes/labels drop down menu should be. When I try to open up my business card in Word all I get is a pop-up window that reads "file conversion" and what appears to be an encrypted v...

recover damaged excel file
I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Hi, what message do you get?, ask your IT department usually they backup all the files, did you send the file to somebody? "Nora_Italy" wrote: > I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no > way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Thank you Eduardo. I don't get any error message, the file just doesn't open. Unfortunatately we backup files only once a month and I created...

Convert Blu-Ray ISO files to WD TV for enjoying
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Convert Blu-Ray ISO files to WD TV for enjoying <br><br>Since the advent of WD TV Player, it has taken the fancy of public. As it well known, WD TV produced by Western Digital is a media player that plays audio, video and image files from connected USB devices on your TV in HD resolutions, including 720P, 1080i and 1080P. Even you can connect external storage like hard disc, portable devices, camcorders and etc. Nothing is much better than watching high definition movies via TV with your families! Nevertheless, with suc...

Do installation files expand into more than one file?
Are there any files in an XP installation CD or any of the SP's that during installation expand to be more than one file? If the answer is no, I guess I'm thinking of .exe files that install programs, and in doing so expand the single .exe file into lots of files that get saved in various folders. Does anything like that happen when installing Windows or a Service Pack? Perhaps when installing a .CA_ files or a .CH_ file? Thanks The date and time was Thursday, December 10, 2009 5:07:57 PM, and on a whim, mm pounded out on the keyboard: > Are there any fi...

how to wipe files?
I'm writing a util to wipe files, and noticed that other utilities of this sort write random data to the file. I would have thought simply zero-ing out the file would be enough, can anybody explain why random and/or crytographic data is written out to the file to "erase" it? Why is not zero-ing out the file enough? When you delete a file by either calling doing the dos command "del filename" or by deleting throught explorer, all that is happening is that the filename is taken out of the file allocation table, but the file itself is still on disk, that's how unera...

File Saving/Locking with Excel different between 2003 AND 2007>
We just moved over to 2007, within the last couple of months. Before, in 2003, it appeared that when you saved an existing file, it deleted that file, and saved a new copy. When file was open by someone else on the network, you would get a message about opening it up later, or opening it up read only, based on the fact that it was already opened by someone else. Now, with 2007, it appears that the existing file is opened, and changes are inserted into it, rather than dumping and creating a new one. Is there any way to change this back to the old method? Now with 2007, it ...

How large can a money file get, how many entries can it hold?
I've been using MS Money regliously since 1994. I've had every financial transaction recorded and its great to have the "history" of your spending/financial records so close. My MNY file is averaging about 7MB The question is: how much larger can it possibly get before money has issues with it? Is there a maximum filesize? How many transactions can a file hold? Should I be worried...or can I squeeze a few more years outa this file. I've often thought about truncating the file so it smaller and loads quicker and I ask myself "SELF... do I need records prior...

Publisher #10
On my last computer which was windows 95 we had publisher which my wife used a lot. We now have windows xp home edition how do we get in to publisher or do we have to buy another package also do we have to the encarta package as well for we had encarta 95 on our last computer. The type of computer is a emachine Your help would be most helpful Graham Jarvis After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Graham Jarvis <g.jarvis4@ntlworld.com>... > We now have windows xp home edition how do we get in to > publisher or do we have to buy another pac...

Preview .msg e-mail file in explorer
Hello, Does somebody know if there is a way (or a software) to preview - e-mails saved as files with the extension .msg by Microsoft Outlook - inside Windows Explorer (or a similar file browser?) Thanks in advance pascalv@sdf.lonestar.org <pascalv@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote: > Does somebody know if there is a way (or a software) to preview > > - e-mails saved as files with the extension .msg by Microsoft Outlook > > - inside Windows Explorer (or a similar file browser?) Only Outlook can open a .msg file and make sense of it, although using Notepad will show much of i...

Import Excel files into Money 2007
Some of the investments I made are not updatable via Internet because MSN does not provide data on some titles and funds I bought in Europe. I would like to import share price history into Money. Excel or csv or whatever format that may be compatible with Money. I know I can export Money into Excel. I would like to do the other way around. Not account transactions, but share price. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks, Well, I'll watch this thread to see if anybody else knows how. "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:477C49B5-C66E-44E2-80...

Publish Form elements to web?
Is there a way to publish form objects to the web? Specifically, I have a slider (or scrollbar) in my Excel doc that works great _within_ Excel. However, when I publish it to the web, everything is there EXCEPT the slider. Thanks Scott ...

Access Denied when trying to write to file via Web Service
Forgive me if this seems trivial but I cannot seem to find an answer. For testing purposes, one of my methods in my Web Service writes to a file (at least tries). I am using the following line of code to create the text file: Dim sw As StreamWriter = New StreamWriter("c:\Accesstimes.txt") But the error i get back when trying to execute this line of code is the following: Access to the path "c:\Accesstimes.txt" is denied I am at a loss as to why the web service can't create and write to a file on the local drive. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Ma...

Merging stock
I am using the Canadian version of MS Money 2004. I am attempting to merge a stock and have followed the help directions: 1. On the Investing menu, click Portfolio . 2. In the left pane, click Record a special activity , and then click Record a merger . 3. Follow the instructions on the screen. I get stuck at option 2. as there is no "Record a Merger" option, just transfer and record a split. Confirm please that this option is not available in the Canadian version, though I can't imagine why. Trent In microsoft.public.money, Trent wrote: >I am using the Canadian v...