how do i make font longer? as in top to bottom

i want to stretch my fonts down the page without making them wider? is that
possible

In a text box? Can you explain a bit fuller on what you are trying to do?

WordArt can stretch vertically.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"velvety thunder" <velvetythunder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i want to stretch my fonts down the page without making them wider? is that
> possible

0
mary-sauer (6480)
11/28/2006 10:39:47 AM
The font is fixed for a specific size. You might "fake it" by increasing the
space between lines a tad.
If you happen to be using Arial, you could change to Arial Narrow and
increase the size.
It's tough to answer, not knowing what you are trying to accomplish.
"velvety thunder" <velvetythunder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A12905B8-AECB-410B-8882-346809EAE89A@microsoft.com...
>i want to stretch my fonts down the page without making them wider? is that
> possible

0
Chuck
11/28/2006 10:59:48 PM
i have a horror font i downloaded as i am dressing up as the grim reaper and
want to write a death list and want to make it look like the alredy drippoing
blood is long and eeirie so there fore stretch it.  word art doesnt seem to
have just a plain font i can use for that   but thanks all for the help
I have not checked every font but Word Art seem to use all the
registered fonts just like ordinary text boxes do and then it allows you
to reshape and curve etc the text.
Did you install your Horror font as a Windows Font.

--
John G.

"velvety thunder" <velvetythunder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:49135423-6579-4FF9-9571-FD3BDE456999@microsoft.com...
>i have a horror font i downloaded as i am dressing up as the grim
>reaper and
> want to write a death list and want to make it look like the alredy
> drippoing
> blood is long and eeirie so there fore stretch it.  word art doesnt
> seem to
> have just a plain font i can use for that   but thanks all for the
> help

0
Greentest1 (225)
11/29/2006 5:31:39 AM
If you compose your words with WordArt, copy/paste special as a .wmf and
ungroup, you can make the letters do just about anything your want.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"velvety thunder" <velvetythunder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have a horror font i downloaded as i am dressing up as the grim reaper and
> want to write a death list and want to make it look like the alredy drippoing
> blood is long and eeirie so there fore stretch it.  word art doesnt seem to
> have just a plain font i can use for that   but thanks all for the help

0
mary-sauer (6480)

font printing problem of imported visio file inside power point file
I am having a problem with VISIO 2002 with PowerPoint 2000. I made a drawing with some fonts with VISIO 2002. Then I copied the drawing and pasted into PowerPoint file. In screen, I can clearly see the font. When I print the file, drawings are there but there are no font from printed paper. Would you please help me out regarding this problem? ...

How zoom/increase font size of Office 2004 "Help" text?
Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components� documents. How does one do this with the small-font text in Help? Respectfully, Norm On 9/14/04 1:36 AM, in article BD6BFBA9.49F3%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in > to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components� documents. > > How does one do this with the small-font text in Help...

Can't get bar code font to work in EXCEL 2003
I have a simple formula that converts a part number to a 3 of 9 bar code font in Excel 2003. Works great on my computer but a co-worker, who also has Excel 2003, can't get this to work. On her PC it show the 3 of 9 font in the drop down box but in the cell it is not converting it to a bar code image. Any suggestions? Thanks, Tony Most likely the font is not installed properly... She needs to reinstall the font. It can be done through Control Panel -> Fonts if you have the font available. "Tony" wrote: > I have a simple formula that conve...

Longer Email Newsletters
I don't have a webserver to send my hyperlinks to. I'd like to link them within the document, but I've run out of space. How do you make the document longer, since email will scroll continuously? You can set the page size as "custom" and then add the appropriate length. This may not be the best method for the reader. However, since most ISPs give a subscriber a fair amount of Web space ('free') with their account, you could upload the docs to that space and point to it with your hyperlinks. Shared Web space is fairly inexpensive; in most cases you can get...

Making shapes the same size
I have a simple question about a feature available in VB IDE development environment and I hope a similar helpful feature is available in Visio. I got used to use the "Make Same Size" option in VB. In visio I usually add multiple instances of the same shape, then I want them be resized the same way, I start sizing the first instance and try to replicate what I have done on the remaining instances. I never a found a way to do it, but repeating the resize manually. Is there any help? Regards, Rami Hi Rami, Instead of manually resizing the other instances of the same shape, how ab...

My prints are to small.What can i do to make them larger?
I can enlargen text on screen , but when i print it prints small.Can you offer some kind of help. Change the font size instead of your zoom percentage. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "gopazz1" <gopazz1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A2484AA-4C38-4B1A-B75E-C61022909992@microsoft.com... >I can enlargen text on screen , but when i print it prints small.Can you > offer some kind of help. > ...

Make $3500/week
http://hop.clickbank.net/?warcrimes/3500weekly ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- --This Message Has Been Posted Using A Trial Version Of Message Poster 2003-- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Would you like to reach millions of customers for only the cost of bandwidth? You can post messages like this to thousands of newsgroups with a simple to use software application called Message Poster 2003. For more details on this extremely affordable software, visit: http://www.exibitionsoftware.com ...

how to make file that will always be a particular template
How is it possible to make a folder that whenever I make a new document in that folder it will by defaut be a different template to normal ? But you make a new document by accessing a different template from within Word, and then you save it in the folder of your choice. On Apr 24, 2:37=A0pm, AYJ <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How is it possible to make a folder that whenever I make a new document i= n > that folder it will by defaut be a different template to normal ...

make query from to 64 bit system
I have a application need to be compile for 64 bit system. how can i read data from vb.net 2005. hi Jennifer, On 09.12.2009 17:36, Jennifer wrote: > I have a application need to be compile for 64 bit system. how can i read > data from vb.net 2005. First of all, I don't see the point why you're asking this question in an Access newsgroups. Further more, you should really be more spefific... mfG --> stefan <-- ...

Modified Reports Fonts
We are running Great Plains 7.5 on Terminal Server 2000 and on client PCs running Windows XP Pro. From a Terminal Server install, user A has been printing a modified report (cash requirments) for a couple years with a readable font. Recently we installed GP on her local machine. Now when she prints, the font is somewhat readable but noticably different then the terminal server GP. She is using the same printer and print drivers from both locations. User B prints the same modified report from terminal server and from a local install and prints to the same printer as user A, but has ...

How to make MSO close the imap connection after checking mail?
Hi, My server does not allow "idle" connections, and therefore the connection to Microsoft Outlook is closed after a while. I then get a error-message from MSO. How can I make Microsoft Outlook close the connection itself after checking mail? (and thereby I will not get that error?) Regards, �ystein Larsen ...

inverting text box or fonts for artwork
I cannot figure out how to invert text that is inside a text box. If there is not any way to do this is there a way to invert text outside a text box? Thank you for your help Kathy The entire text box gets inverted. If you want just a line or a word to invert, you need to make a separate text box. Just make the box active, select the icon that looks like a line with an arrow head in a circle and click on it. BTW, this is with Publisher 2000. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "Kathy Keating" <revskc@mcdeb.com> wrote in message n...

Shrinking font in Report Text Box
I have strings of varying length that I need to display in the same text box, so I would like to be able to shrink the text if it would otherwise be truncated. I've read other, similar posts but still have a question. It seems that Lebans AutoSizeFont is the right module for me to download (http://www.lebans.com/autosizefont.htm), but having done that, I'm not sure how to "apply" it to the text box in question. I've got no experience using modules. Could someone walk me through it? Thanks, Keith Keith wrote: >I have strings of varying length that I need to...

Making custom form default for contacts
Hello: I am a beginner with Outlook. I am a new hire in a department that uses Outlook contact information in a Word Mail Merge process. I am teaching myself how this all works, and have been doing ok, but I am struggling with forms, particularly the form used for contacts. I don't have any problems modifying the form (for example to add FirstName and LastName fields), but I am very confused about how to get Outlook to use my modified form instead of the default custom contacts form. It seems to me that this should be a simple property setting, but I've had no luck tinkering w...

Can i Convert a .pub file to a JPG file so printer can make progra
Need to know steps to convert .pub file to jpg file can it be done? back doc wrote: > Need to know steps to convert .pub file to jpg file can > it be done? ================================== What version of Publisher are you running? Pub 2002 and later can Save As .jpg. Maybe you could use a .pdf file? Try this... Download and install the following free PDF Creator. PrimoPDF http://primopdf.com/ With your new program installed...open your project in Publisher and go to...File / Print. On your Print screen...open the drop window and select PrimoPDF as your printer. Click...OK...n...

Cannot access Outlook on my desk top from my laptop
I have a Roadrunner address with Outlook as my primary, on my desktop. But I cannot get to my Outlook using a laptop. Note: I can get to Hotmail, my secondary, using the laptop or another computer. Obivously, the primary is important. Can you detail the steps you're taking? "DCW" <DCW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF21BBB7-2104-4C27-813F-8073234259F7@microsoft.com... > I have a Roadrunner address with Outlook as my primary, on my desktop. But I > cannot get to my Outlook using a laptop. Note: I can get to Hotmail, my > secondar...

How to make Bullen's FilterCriteria() data refresh real-time?
Using XL 2003 & 2000 OK, with help, I was able to utilize Steve Bullen's FilterCriteria() Function. That said, apparently the only way to refresh the data in the display cell is to re-activate the formula by pressing <ENTER> in the Fx Box. Can the display cells be made to refresh in real-time or, second best, by F9? FYI (Background Info): ************************************************************II placed this formula into cell A1: =FilterCriteria(A3) Cell A3 contains the Autofilter down-arrow for column A ************************************************************* Fu...

How do I make column on the left side of Outlook[inbox,Sent etc.]
I want to add a column on the left side when I am in Outlook that shows (Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted items etc...) How is this done when in Outlook, Windows XP (SP3) Home Edition? "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FA61CD3-8CE3-4DFA-B7B7-A27BCF0C29A6@microsoft.com... > I want to add a column on the left side when I am in Outlook that shows > (Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted items etc...) How is this done when in Outlook, > Windows XP (SP3) Home Edition? Enable the Navigation Pane. Press Alt+F1 or click View>Navigation Pane. ...

Suppliers with Top Items List
Can anyone let me know how to show suppliers on Top Item List? I badly need this. I tried my way but not successful. -- Many Thanks Install the RMS Toolkit trial download you requested and check off Custom Reports/Templates during installation. Now run Manager, Reports, Custom, Top Items Report. This report includes Suppliers, Dept, Category, and Sub-Descriptions as columns and filter options. There are over 100 free reports and templates included with our RMS Toolkit trial. Visit: www.digitalretailer.com/trial Greg Digital Retail Solutions www.digitalretailer.com/RMSaddins (v1.x and ...

Enter key will no longer return to begining of next row
From one worksheet to the next, the enter key will only activate the cell directly below the current cell. What Have I done to change the direction? Have checked the direction selection in Options and as suggested by MS Help made sure the Down was selected. Doesn't change a thing. Help! Sandy look in Tools | Options | and on the Edit tab check what's in "Move selection after Enter" Regards Trevor "Sandy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:212b01c3e06b$ac7afe50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > From one worksheet to the next, the ent...

making lines around info so it looks like a table when printed or viewed
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) How do I put horizontal and vertical lines around all the cells so it looks like a table? Display the Toolbox by hitting the Toolbox button. Activate the Formatting Palette (upper left button) then chose Borders and Shading. Make sure you select the cels you want to format.... <br><br>make your choice in de button that has &quot;type:&quot; in front of it. Done Thank you I have been successfully making borders in all my excel worksheets but since the latest update, the palette in excel no longer works. At firs...

Damaged Fonts with Office 2004?
When I run FontDoctor or Extensis Suitcase's font diagnostic/repair program, six fonts that come with MS Office 2004 are reported to be damaged. The message indicates that the resource fork for the following fonts is damaged: MS Gothic.ttf MS Mincho.ttf MS PGothic.ttf MS PMincho.ttf PMingLiU.ttf SimSun.ttf These fonts come this way on the Office 2004 CD. Are these fonts actually damaged, or is this just some quirk of FontDoctor and Suitcases' diagnostic treatment of Windows Truetype fonts? ...

font problem
I've got a problem with speech marks not appearing in a document with a = certain font. The font I'm using is Abbey Old Style SF. If I type: "some text", = (using shift+2 on my keyboard) the speech marks appear as small squares = instead. =20 However I can go to Windows Character Map, choose Abbey Old Style font, = select the quotation mark, copy it and paste it into the document and = they appear! I've just tried this, and I have the same problem in Word. Please could someone enlighten me. I have to use this font in this = document, and I'd rather not have to c...

How to change the default font size for outlook express?
I would like change default font size for outlook express? the default font size is 10, and I prefer 12 as default. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Tools | Options | Compose. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:975D75C0-1CA0-4325-A9D6-EC7510AFA86C@microsoft.com... >I would like change default font size for outlook express? the default >font > size is 10, and I prefer 12 as default. > Does anyone hav...

Make Publisher open with my standard document
I'm tired of having to dig through all the templates to find an 8.5 x 11 document template! I am a home user and everything I do is based on 8.5 x 11 paper. Is it possible to make Publisher open DIRECTLY to this choice and not open to the Getting Started with Microsoft Publisher 2007 template list? Thanks a million! K When I start Publisher it opens to a blank 8�"x11" worksheet. I use Publisher 2000 but the following my solve your puzzle. Start Publisher Select Tools Options Uncheck "Use catalog at startup." -- Don - Publisher 2000� ...