How do I make a water mark for an existing text page in publisher

When I insert a picture on my document then properties for watermark and
arange to send to background the water mark disappears.  and if I try other
ways then my text on my original document dissappears.
0
jimmyy (1)

Put your watermark on the Master Page (ctrl+m). Any picture can become a
watermark if you use the wash out feature.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"jimmyy" <jimmyy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I insert a picture on my document then properties for watermark and
> arange to send to background the water mark disappears.  and if I try other
> ways then my text on my original document dissappears.

0
mary.sauer (2018)

publisher won't comunicate with my printer
Ican print word docs but publisher won't communicate w/ printer. bilarchie <bilarchie@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Ican print word docs but publisher won't communicate w/ printer. What error message do you get? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Ed Bennett" wrote: > bilarchie <bilarchie@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard > to utter: > > Ican print word docs but publisher won't communicate w/ printer. > > What error message do you get? > > -- > Ed Bennett - MVP M...

How to make newest item show up first in CListCtrl
My CListCtrl is in reports mode, and I want to do the following: when item is inserted(InsertItem), it shows up as the first row. It likes most email clients, newest email appears first. Currently I sort the items then redraw everything, but definately this is a stupid method, can someone give me some advise on on how to do that? Thank you. I don't know what you mean m_ListCtrl.InsertItem(0,"New Item"); will be inserted at the top! What is it that you are trying to do? Ali R. "Yawl" <yong@tenablesecurity.com> wrote in message news:uBj7B5p6DHA.2720@TK2MSF...

Remove space and trailing text from number
Hi ng Using xl xp pro. Receive text file wish to convert to xl Some data comes in like this: 12 oz Would like to trim " oz" w/o quotes So all I'm left with is 12 Here's my formula: =IF(ISNUMBER(A3),A3,(VALUE(LEFT(A3,FIND(" ",A3)-1)))) Works fine. However other data comes in this format: 12+z How could I re-work my formula to take care of either condition Remaining value beginning from left of string could be any number of digits Also: If col a contains text I receive #value! error I take care of this with =IF(ISNUMBER($F1037),$F1037,1) But it would be more el...

Aligning text to right margin using right tab
Hi, I am trying to create a heading in a Publisher 2003 document, the first part of which starts flush with the left margin and the second part of which ends flush with the right margin. I have done this before in Word using left aligned text, with a right tab stop at the right margin. However, this doesn't seem to work in Publisher - the tab seemingly has to be in indented from the actual margin position, otherwise the text wraps onto the next line. Am I doing something wrong, or have I missed something? I don't really want to create a separate text box to achieve this, as ...

Concatenate text & number cell
Hi all, I need to concatenate a word and a number cell. eg, Concatenate("Limit = $",A1) where A1 = $100,000. It shows up like this: "Limit = $100000". However I want the number to format with the comma between the thousand, ie. "Limit = $100,000" Does any one know how to do this. Thanks in advance. regards, John. one way: ="Limit = " & TEXT(A1,"$#,##0") In article <2285c01c45d99$ff299070$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all, > I need to concatenate a wo...

Intercepting escape/enter in property sheets/pages
I know how to intercept the default escape=cancel and enter=OK on a dialog. How do you do the comparable thing in a property sheet? I have hidden the OK and Cancel buttons replaced them with my own buttons and have overwritten the OnOK() and OnCancel() functions in every property page. Still, escape and return cause the DoModal() in the property sheet to return. On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:32:22 -0400, r norman <rsn_@_comcast.net> wrote: >I know how to intercept the default escape=cancel and enter=OK on a >dialog. How do you do the comparable thing in a property sheet? > >...

how to properly create new profile to use with existing pst file
OL 2002 SP3 Win XP HE SP1 *Follow-up to: microsoft.public.outlook* hi, it is possible that my current (default) OL profile has become corrupted. i need to create a NEW profile for troubleshooting purposes and see if it resolves current problems. the most important issue is: how do i create this new profile so that it uses my *current* pst file so that i can have a seamless process and continue where i "left off" in terms of all of the items contained in the *current* pst file, emails, appointments, addresses, etc.? do i just create new profile and tell it to "use *curr...

how to store text in a cedit window to file
how do you store the text from a Cedit window, or any CString, to file as text that can be viewable by other applications such as notepad? CString s; c_MyEditControl.GetWindowText(s); CStdioFile f; if(!f.Open(_T("Name.of.your.choice.txt"), CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeWrite))) return FALSE; // or other appropriate error action f.WriteString(s); f.Close(); return TRUE; // or other appropriate success action joe On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 16:33:30 -0700, "Nick Schultz" <nick.schultz@flir.com> wrote: >how do you store the text from a Cedit window, or any C...

page layout
i need the toolbar to stay & the page to be below it And what are you getting instead? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "billy" <billy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67422DF4-6B5A-49C6-836C-9E6B466EE3ED@microsoft.com... >i need the toolbar to stay & the page to be below it > ...

Problems publishing my website
Up until the last few days I have been unable to publish my website. I am getting the following error message after approx 30 seconds of trying Publisher could not save your file to the web Please check your URL or network connection and try again So far I have tried: Three different interenet connections Taken the firewall down briefly to see if that would help Made sure all the pictures are compressed (Total size of site 3.95MB) I can log into to FTP ok and locate the same web folder I have been saving in My host has run a test page their end and logged in using my FTP password Loaded Wi...

Convert text to number
Hi guys, I receive a workbook that contains unformatted text and need to wor with numbers. I have MS Excel 2000 and can not convert text to number Just do not know how. P.S. Select Range - Format to number does not work. Thanks a lot to everybody who has any advice. Irina -- Irin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Irina's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=868 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26345 Hi what type of text does your range contain. Could you post an example? ...

how do I calculate the sum of hours if marked x in a schedule?
hi I have a schedule with x's placed if a person(rows) is working that period(column headers). How do I create the formula to add the total number of hours worked for each person ? Ie, A B C D E 8:30-9:50 10:30-3 5-10 Total hours 1 name 1 x x 2 name 2 x x 3 name 3 x x Thank you. please i...

Publisher 97 Startup Error
When I start up Publisher 97 recently, I have been getting a undialog.cpp error. How do I stop this happening? The only reference we can find to this error is in conjunction with ZoomText and how it handles clipart. Undialog.cpp Error Message When inserting clipart into a Microsoft Office application with ZoomText running, the Office app would display an "Undialog.cpp" error. This problem has been fixed in version 7.01. http://www.aisquared.com/Support/Index.htm My recommendation would be to re-install Publisher in safe mode. It is a programming error. Compact your Gallery, righ...

Page numbering #14
Is there a way to use the "page 1 of 9" format? Go to the background (master page), type "page" before the # and "of nine" after the #. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bluemike59" <Bluemike59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2080D1E-045B-493E-91EE-AAD2833D677E@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to use the "page 1 of 9" format? ...

Unable to re-install Publisher 2000 from Student CDs
Having had to re-install all my Office programmes from 2000 - 2003 I am unable to reinstall Publisher from the 2000 disc 2. I managed to install Access 2000 from disc 1 and the clip art for disc 2 Ok. I have always had the programme, ever since purchasing the student edition when at college. Now what appears is a Red X against the Publisher programme. Checking Add/Remove I note that I downloaded an auto update of Publisher 2000 (KB950682):MSPUB after reisnalling the updates of Office 2000, Office XP (2002), and Office 2003 basic programmes. I'd like my Publisher back. Any suggestio...

convert number into corrseponding text
Hi, I would like to know if there is a way to display text on the corresponding number. eg. I type 530,000 and it would show me Five hundred and thirty thousand Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A5B7274-959A-4E78-B9B9-D8A31D23D3D1@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I would like to know if there is a way to display text on the corresponding > number. > > eg. > I type 530,000 > and it ...

How do I make a formula refer to given data even if I do a sort f.
I want to create a formula in a spreadsheet that refers to specific cells of data. However, I also want to be able to sort my data but keep the formula refering to the same information. IE, say I have a collumn of ten numbers. I would like to be able to have a formula take the average of the first 5 listed. If I then did a sort function of these ten numbers that changes the order of the numbers, I want my formula to have the same result because it is still referencing the correct information. ...

Data Access Pages Data Source
I have several data access pages I created with tables as the source. The tables are in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express. I have since created queries and copied them into the database as a View. How do you change the data source from the linked tables to the Views? Thank you. it's not good idea to uase data access pages - they are not supported in latest Access versions. -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they eat for a lifetime". "Arturo" wrote: > I have several data access pages I created with...

Will Windows' format mark bad sectors?
The external (USB connected) hard drive I use for backups apparently has developed some bad spots. Formatting the drive starts producing System Event Log entries at about 12% into the format, with the decription being "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk3\D." If I allow the format to continue, will it eventually plow its way through the bad area and mark those sectors as bad, or is this whole exercise a waste of time? -- Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com Waste of time would by my feeling! When a "modern" drive has enough er...

Text Box 05-21-10
I have the following event procedure on a text box: Private Sub txtNotesOnTransaction_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) Debug.Print "User: " & CurrentUser() & " " & Me!txtNotesOnTransaction End Sub It is suppose to stamp the user name in the text box but it does not work. Any suggestions? Thanks PJ - The debug.print will just display (in the immediate window of the code pane) the name and the Notes. If you want the notes saved with the name, do this: Me!txtNotesOnTransaction = "User: " & CurrentUser() & " " &a...

Cells formated as text do not always display properly
I am using Office XP and Windows XP. I have formatted a column of cells as text and word wrap is checked, horizontal alignment is Left, Vertical alignment is Bottom. I use these cells to type a short narrative. The problem is some of the cells will not display properly, all they show is ######. The row height will expand to hold the text sometimes but not always but it will still only show ######## instead of the text I typed. If I change the cell type to General all the text is visible. This does not happed to evey cell, only some of them. I can type several rows of data with a narr...

place cursor in a specified text box in a Word form
Hello, I have a Word form developed in vba and when a specific textbox is empty a message box appears to tell the user to enter some data before they can proceed. When they click ok to continue the cursor places itself in textbox4 on the form but I want it to be in the box they have left empty (in this case textbox5). I have used the SetFocus method but that doesn't seem to do anything, it still ends up in textbox4. Any ideas anyone? Thanks. What sort of a form? If a protected form see http://www.gmayor.com/formfieldmacros.htm -- <>>< ><<> >...

formula is displayed as literal text instead of formula result
I have been having trouble frequently with formulas appearing as litera text in the cell instead of a formula with a result. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong -- carlossalt ----------------------------------------------------------------------- carlossaltz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2420 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38396 The cell you're working in is probably formatted as text. Try changing the format to something appropriate. If you are entering the formula cor...

Making things less repetitive
Hi I am presently working on some data that requires a lot of repetiv work (pasting, copying ...) and was wondering if what i am doing is th best way or if a more efficient way is possible. I have a worksheet 'Cumulative1' where Column A contains Firms' names Columns B,C,D are the past 6-month cumulative stock returns of th firms on months Jan 73, Feb 73, Mar 73.... such that each row contain the time-series cumulative returns of a single firm. I have another worksheet 'Raw1' quite like the first worksheet excep that each row contains the time-series raw returns of a ...

Publish multiple OWA servers on single ISA
Hi, I have my setup as follows : Internet <-> (*DMZ*) ISA Server (*DMZ*) <-> OWA1 server and OWA2 server ISA server has 1 ip address NAT'ed & OWA1 and OWA2 servers has one IP address each. I am under an impression that ISA can publish only one SSL enabled website. IS that correct ? How do i publish multiple SSL enabled websites on 443 ? Thanks in advance, On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 02:00:02 -0800, Jack Dorson <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have my setup as follows : > >Internet <-> (*DMZ*) ISA Server (*DMZ*) <->...