how do I lock an object position in Publisher?

0
babbs (1)

Put it on the background (Master Page) ctrl+m.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"babbs" <babbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
gsauer (5093)

Publishing to the Web
Once I publish my website to our site.....people who do not use Internet Explorer to view the site....cannot see some things or manuever around effectively within the site. How can I correct this? -- Have a Blessed Day! Cyn cyn42567 wrote: > Once I publish my website to our site.....people who do not use Internet > Explorer to view the site....cannot see some things or manuever around > effectively within the site. How can I correct this? By using a real webdesign program rather than a DTP program. If you don't have FrontPage or Expression Web and can't afford to get...

lock formulas
Is there a way to lock the formulas on a series of linked excel spreadsheets so the formulas can't accidentally be deleted? I have it set up so that 4 identical spreadsheets with 12 tabs feed into one other spreadsheet and want to lock all the formulas. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks! Dooma You can select which cells to lock and then enable worksheet protection. By default all cells on a sheet are locked when sheet protection is enabled. Hit CRTL + A(twice for 2003 users) to select all cells. Format>Cells>Protection. Uncheck "locked" and OK out. Now s...

Lock and Unlock cells using VBA
Hello All Anyone know how to lock cells using VBA, also unlock others currently locked. Page protection will be in use at the time this needs to be done. Also, is there anywhere on the net with a complete list of VBA functions, including a short statement of what each one does, with or without examples. If not, any good books that cover the above area. I'm really (strange as it might seem), enjoying playing with VBA and seeing exactly what it can do. Regards Peter The easy questions... Excel's Help is a very good source. take a look at Peter Nonely's workbook that describes...

Scroll Lock mode locked + SCRL blinking
When opening Excel XP, it is in Scroll Lock mode and 'SCRL' is blinking rapidly at the bottom right of the screen. I have not been able to turn off the Scroll Lock mode. This is a notebook Compaq EVO N800c. I have tried Fn+F12 with no success. Rebooting does not change the situation. Richard Nault ...

Help with "locked" cursor
Hi, I'm having problems with my Excel 2003. Whenever I click on the spreadsheet, the cursor gets "locked" and I am unable to type anything. For example, I'll click on a cell and I can't unclick it...the cursor is locked and just highlights everything when I move it around. If anyone has any tips on this for me and my technologically disabled mind, they would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! -- CarlyRobyn ------------------------------------------------------------------------ CarlyRobyn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2...

Photoshop & Publisher
I'm doing a basic double sided postcard for a client. I'm going to be using photoshop to create the look I want. The client wants something they can edit later and only has Publisher at their disposal. I don't know Publisher and I don't know a file format that I convert my .psds into that would be editable in Publisher...any suggestions? I'm afraid you're caught between a rock & a hard place. The work you do in PS needs to be saved as an image file format of some type (JPEG, TIFF, etc.) which can then be placed in a Pub file... but Pub is a desktop publishing/...

publishing customizations using deployment manager
When I publich customizations, it comes back saying publish completed with errors, servername: failed. I notice that when I publish the customizations, my web site stops. I have to manually start it and then I can go into CRM and my changes are there. This is what I get in app log: ProcessImportWorkItem Error : The root element is missing. , StackTrace : at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadWithCollectTextToken() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserve...

Table object
There is a little table object that shows up on the top left of a table that you can use to move the table to the left or right. But I can't seem to figure out how to get that table object to appear. You have to click around select the whole table/ deselect the table and then at some point it appears. How do you get it to appear so you can move the table? I am getting tired of trying to randomly get it to appear. Thanks, Tom Which version of Word? We support about 20... On 7/04/10 2:14 PM, in article O4J9ajg1KHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, "tshad"...

Transfer a Publisher file to Word
I have made of a front page for a book in Publisher and want to copy it to the front of a Word document. It consists of a border, background, text and a jpg photo. I cannot save it as a *.pub and transfer to Word, so I am resaving in 'JPEG File Interchange Format' and transferring it that way. It goes across successfully but the text prints hairy edged. Any suggestions? -- B.Collin Transfer the images as images and the text as text. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "B.Collin" <BCollin@discussion...

How to open a *.pub without Publisher?
I received a document created by Microsoft Publisher, but I do not have that software. I wouldn't want to purchase this expensive software for the sake of this one document. Can I open the document in another application (say Word) to at least view and print it? Thanks for your help in advance, Gabor No. But if you'd like, you can send it to me and I'll convert it to a .pdf file for you. If you'd like, send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Gabor" <grevesz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3af001c4ac19...

Moving Objects
I have a picture and an object (Line) that I have placed on top of chart area. After I do work on other sheets in the workbook and retur to the sheet with the objects, they sometimes move slightly from where placed them. How can I get them to stay put. I have tried to lock an protect them, but they still move. Not everytime, but often -- icetre ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icetrey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2032 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39320 Hi Ice...

view php files with publisher 2003
I used to use MS Home Publishing (win 98) to create business documents. I have replaced it with Publisher 2003, only to find that I can't open the files with the new software (old files are .php extensions) Anybody? I think you are going need Home Publishing to open Home Publishing files. -- Don Vancouver, USA "nicklissa" <nicklissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:191E4341-8C37-4E54-9601-E674CA33457A@microsoft.com... > I used to use MS Home Publishing (win 98) to create business documents. I > have replaced it with Publisher 2003, only to...

Writing XML from Dataset to Response Object as Binary File
I have looked fot his solution, but Im not sure what to search for. I have an asp.net based report. I need the user to be able to download an XML file of the results so they can use the data in Excel, etc. I do NOT want to write the file to the server first. I just want to be able to write the contents of the Dataset into a binary file and send it back out to the user as a download, but all in memory. Can you give me a boost in the right direction or an article that demonstrates this? Dan Hanover wrote: > I have an asp.net based report. I need the user to be able to download &g...

Help! All my Publisher photos have stopped showing up!
Publisher was working fine at the beginning of the week and now I opened it up today and it will not show any photos. Nothing from templates or that I insert. I have tried to repair the office suite and I have reinstalled the program as well and neither of those things helped. I have also emptied all my temp. internet files because that once stopped my clipart from appearing, but that didn't help either. Please help! I use Publisher way too much to loose it. LKS wrote: > Publisher was working fine at the beginning of the week and now I opened it > up today and it will n...

Publisher should allow turning off HYPHENATION for entire file.
I do not want hyphenation on for my entire newsletter. Is there a way I can do that? I have searched and searched and cannot find how to do this. Thank you! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx...

Publisher 2000 Disaster
Publisher 2000 suddenly refuses to recognize my Publisher files. This happened just after installing seven (7) updates from Office Update, a slew of Windows updates, and installing IE7). Out of dozens of files, it will open exactly one; the rest pop up a little box that says it cannot open the file because it is not a Publisher file. All end in ".pub", so I have not done something dumb like inadvertently going to the html files (these Publisher files are the source files for a large commercial website). We happened to have an old laptop around here still running IE6 and which has...

Re: Cannot Insert Object #3
Hi all I'm having trouble inserting a .msg outlook file into an Excel workbook, can anyone please advise as to why I'm getting this error. Many thanks Badger -- BadgerMK ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BadgerMK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31406 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511014 ...

What is the maximum paper size for publisher 2003
I'd like to buy a printer that will handle 13"X19" paper but I first would like to know if Publisher 2003 will support that size without making it into panes. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks. Lynn Publisher 2000 has a maximum document size of 20 ft by 20 ft. Publisher will print to the size you set in the printer. So select the plotter of your choice. -- Don Vancouver USA "Lynn35" <Lynn35@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B81CD73-6101-4891-A2B2-FD79F159B7E3@microsoft.com... > I'd like to buy a printer that will handle 13&quo...

Publisher 2003 always creates PNG graphics
Even though I do not check the box to allow use of PNG format, Publisher always uses it. How do I stop it? Please post only in the correct group, and then only once. Refer to your post in webdesign. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:008E0558-CF3A-4961-AAD7-28A3DB7629CC@microsoft.com... > Even though I do not check the box to allow use of PNG format, Publisher > always uses it. How do I stop it? ...

How can I prevent Publisher from cutting off an Excel chart?
Publisher resizes the chart I import -- no matter which "paste special" option I use. Using Office 2003 / 2007 Beta. Try an insert instead. Insert, object, scroll down to the program, tick from file... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Yertle" <Yertle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F62BE6A1-91C2-4B4D-977D-87FA52B1E29A@microsoft.com... > Publisher resizes the chart I import -- no matter which "paste special" > option I use. Using Office 2003 / 2007 Beta. ...

Automatic display positive or negative
Dear All, pls help me. when I type $ 52.00 on C1, I want C1 display positive $52 or negative ($ 52) , if B1 is positive or negative, I want the entire column C. Exemple : C1 : I type $52, it display for me $52 , because B1 is positive C2 : I type $52, it display for me ($52) , because B2 is negative B C B1 5 $52 B2 (3) ($52) It is possible ? Thank you for your help. This can only be done with VBA and the code below will do it for you. To use the code, open the workbook and go to the sheet you want this to work on and then: Right-click o...

Publishing to the WEB #2
If I own a domain name, say rentalproperties.net, can I publish my website to the WWW by simply following the process prescribed by the help program? Where does the website file need to be stored in order for users to access the site? You need to ask your web host. There are literally a dozen different directories you need to publish to: /homepage, /http_docs, /public_html, /public_doc, etc. If you are using forms (and maybe other features) you will need to make sure your server supports Front Page Server Extensions. Your Web Host normally will send you an e-mail with the specifics in...

Helping High Schoolers to Do a Yearbook in Publisher 2K
I work in a printshop with both Macs and PC's we try to be make sure we can take in any customer work including Publisher. I actually encourage smaller companies to use Publisher because of Pack and Go. To point of all this is that I am trying to help a small private school here in Lancaster do a yearbook. I have a few questions that were sent to me that I do not have the answers to and am hoping some more knoweldgable people can help me out. When putting pictures into shapes is there an easier way? This is how we did it last year. Choose shape I want. Go to format Auto shape Fill effects...

file is locked does not appear in Excel if file already open by an
We have shared files on a network drive. When a file is open by one user, and a second user opens the file we want them to recieve <filename> is locked for editing message and open the file read only. This works great for some users, but we have several users that can open the file (even if someone is already in it) and they do not get the prompt and can edit the workbook. Is there a setting that would turn this off for some users and not others in excel? Hello Leslie, You could try sharing the workbook. With the Excel workbook open, choose Tools from the menu. Choose Share W...

Autocad DWG files to MS Publisher?
How do I paste Autocad DWG files into MS Publisher? What happens when you try? Can you paste if you select "paste special" and use the .wmf option? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Dave Stankus" <Dave Stankus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDCC3AA5-E0AF-43A8-B613-8C2E2DE55806@microsoft.com... > How do I paste Autocad DWG files into MS Publisher? Export the AutoCAD file into a different format and insert...