How do I keep hyperlinks working when saving a Pub doc as a PDF?

I have created a newsletter that I e-mail to my distribution list as a PDF.
The only problem is that I lose all my hyperlinks during the transfer to PDF
and I end up going into Adobe and re-creating all the hyperlinks.  I need
them in both PUB and PDF.  Any suggestions?
0
Lucine (5)

Lucine <Lucine@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> I have created a newsletter that I e-mail to my distribution list as
> a PDF. The only problem is that I lose all my hyperlinks during the
> transfer to PDF and I end up going into Adobe and re-creating all the
> hyperlinks.  I need them in both PUB and PDF.  Any suggestions?

Are you using Acrobat 7?  What version of Publisher are you using?

Are the hyperlinks spelled out as URLs in your document or are they
clickable text elements spelling something other than the address?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
2/14/2006 12:23:21 AM
If you type the e-mail addresses and urls and then use a pdf converter
program the email addresses and urls could be active when viewed with Adobe
Reader version 6 and newer.

I do this often with pdf files I share with lodge members.

I don't know of any free pdf converters that will create active email
addresses and urls but the program I use, PDF-XChange does a fine job of it.
It's of modest cost and get be considered at:

http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/

Also consider their "Tools" package.

--
Don
Vancouver USA

"Lucine" <Lucine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a newsletter that I e-mail to my distribution list as a PDF.
> The only problem is that I lose all my hyperlinks during the transfer to
> PDF
> and I end up going into Adobe and re-creating all the hyperlinks.  I need
> them in both PUB and PDF.  Any suggestions?

0
Don
2/14/2006 12:45:06 AM
I am using Acrobat 6.0 and Publisher 2003.  The hyperlinks are clickable text
elements spelling out titles or names.

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Lucine <Lucine@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > I have created a newsletter that I e-mail to my distribution list as
> > a PDF. The only problem is that I lose all my hyperlinks during the
> > transfer to PDF and I end up going into Adobe and re-creating all the
> > hyperlinks.  I need them in both PUB and PDF.  Any suggestions?
>
> Are you using Acrobat 7?  What version of Publisher are you using?
>
> Are the hyperlinks spelled out as URLs in your document or are they
> clickable text elements spelling something other than the address?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Lucine (5)
2/14/2006 6:16:19 PM
Lucine <Lucine@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> I am using Acrobat 6.0 and Publisher 2003.  The hyperlinks are
> clickable text elements spelling out titles or names.

Acrobat 7 allows for the transfer of hyperlinks using the new add-in (like
is already possible in Word).

If you have the full URLs instead of clickable text, the URL will be
transmogrified by recent versions of Reader into a link.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)

How Do I Save an Excel Sheet on Internet Explorer?
There is an excel sheet on my webpage, and I want it so the user ca save once they are done using the form, however... When the user tries to save, a box pops up saying "This sheet i readonly." How can I overcome this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Your Internet provider must have Frontpage Server extensions running on the server if you want that. -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "kenji4861 >" <<kenji4861.1264u3@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kenji4861.1264u3@excelforum-nospa...

Attachment as Hyperlink
Hello, there is an option to send attachment via hyperlink but its onl working when the edit mode is set to rtf. Switching from html to plain text to rtf, inserting the link and the switching back to plain text to html doesn't sound like a goo workaround for me. Is there a way to enable adding files as hyperlink for *all* edi modes? Thanks, Mat ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com MatrimCauthon <MatrimCauthon.10s4dz@outlookforum.com> wrote: > I...

Saving a new quote before adding new quote products?
Hi all When creating a new quote, it has to be saved before new quote products (existing or write-in) can be added. Is there no other way to complete the quote form and save it all together at the end? The existing "save-step" is not really end user friendly. Anyone knows something more about this issue? Have fun :-) iStephan Quote products have a foreign key pointing to the quote, so it's not possible to save them before the quote itself is saved. As CRM is a web application, it's also not possible to create the quote and all quote details in one call - at least it ...

Export report to pdf
I have a report that I want to sent to someone on email as a pdf attachement I go to file - sent to as an attachment and there a window opened with a number of differnt formats to select such as Text, snapshort but no pdf file But my friend's computer when he did the same there is a pdf file in the box for selection What am I mising in my omputer. My computer has ADobe reader version 8 How can get pdf file formate? I read stepen's site but I could not understand because I am a novice. klam Hi, have a look here: http://www.lebans.com/reporttopdf.htm -- Best regards, ___________...

Tables to PDF
Hi there, I'm working with a table in Publisher at the moment & have formatted all my column / row gridlines to 0.25pt. However, when I convert to Adobe PDF, some of the lines appear much thicker than the others. Any Suggestions? Ian Have you tried printing the .pdf file? I've seen lines that look thicker but print just fine. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ianp" <ianp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:402A32B6-8157-4D23-907A-9C437BD4FE35@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > > I'm working with a table in Publisher at...

How do I create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)?
I want to create a WBS using Excel and roll up the effort points. Whoever helped you post this question, have them help you do a google search on "WBS Excel" "Brian 76" wrote: > I want to create a WBS using Excel and roll up the effort points. On Dec 4, 10:26=A0am, Brian 76 <Brian 7...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to create a WBS using Excel and roll up the effort points. Be sure you are using the WBS correctly! I cover using excel for this in my WBS Training at http://WBSCoach.com Josh Nankivel ...

Reminders keep coming back
Outlook 2007 keeps recreating reminders I have previously closed and the list grows longer each time. I use the Run command "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE /cleanreminders" to clear them. This works for a while, but they always return again later. Quite apart from the nusiance value it has become a real problem because it is now taking several minutes for Outlook to "dismiss all", and for ever to dismiss them individually, and a few of the reminders should not be dismissed anyway. Is there a way of stopping old/dismissed reminders from reappearing?...

Assigning work to team 1 and team 2
Hi I need to allocate certain work to 2 teams, the only way I can think of doing this is by building a counter and then giving the even numbers to one team and the odd numbers to the other. Dim db As Database Dim rs As Recordset Set db = CurrentDb() Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("tblTeamCounter", dbOpenDynaset) rs.Edit rs!RepNum = rs!RepNum + 1 rs.Update rs.Close: Set rs = Nothing The above code gives me the counter how do I code it to lookup the REPNum and if it is even number then Me.Team1 = True Else Me.Team2 = True Or is there a better way of doing this?...

Outlook URL no longer works ?
I have seen from various post that the outlook: protocol no longer works outside Outlook, because of security issues. Are there other ways of opening a mail item in a public folder using a URL ? Today we generate the link to the mail item on format Outlook:0000000031030 .. This is done using an event sink on the exchange server. The link is displayed to the person that will answer the mail on an internal web page. The link opens the mail item directly, using the outlook: protocol... meaning outside Outlook. If the above is no longer recommended, what is ? Is this possible to accomplis...

Transferring Works files into Excel XP
My Dad upgraded recently to XP--all his previous files were in Works. Is there an easy conversion? I don't have the ability to "see" his computer, so trying to fix this issue remotely. TIA My Excel 2002 and Excel 2003 will open a Works XLR file. Why can't Dad do this? -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "homefry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:093b01c42559$670626f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > My Dad upgraded recently to XP--all his previous files > were in Works. Is there an easy ...

#VALUE! error: vlookup works in Excel 2000 but not 2003
Hi, My client has a spreadsheet which works fine in Excel 2000 but when opened with Excel 2003 it populates the pages with #VALUE! and the best I can tell is that the problem is with the following formulas. Can anyone advise if they have seen this before. I am unable to post their file but this is the code that I think is a bit suspect. =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(B14,'C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\[Price List 040301.xls]Items'!$A:$M,11,FALSE))=TRUE,"",VLOOKUP(B14,'C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\[Price List 040301.xls]Items'!$A:$M,11,FALSE...

OL 97: Control-C, X, and V don't work in XP!
Only a genius will figure this one out ... Installed Outlook 97 in Windows XP, everything works fine -- but for some reason, the Copy/Cut/Paste shortcuts (ctrl-C, ctrl-X, ctrl-V) don't work in Calendar mode. When I use ctrl-X, the little scissor icon flashes, so SOMETHING's being sent to the clipboard, but ctrl-V does not paste anything. When I press Ctrl-C and try to copy an appointment to another day, a duplicate copy of the appointment appears on the same day of the first appointment! Please help! ...

Excel 2002 crashing during "Save As" action.
I am having a problem when using "Save As" on a particular workbook I have developed. The workbook contains three separate sheets each containing a number of macros. Each time I "save as" I get the standard "Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem message". Interestingly I do not have a problem when I perform a standard "save" on the workbook, only when I try and change it's name using "save as". One way I have found to work around this is to select the "Manual" option for Calculations on the Tools/Options menu. Lead...

if statement not working
Access 2003 code on forms oncurrent event... I want the below If DLookup is Admin then TitleMSP.Visible = True Label95.Visible = False Label97.Visible = True Label96.Visible = True If DLookup is Admin and Not IsNull(Me.TitleMSP) then TitleMSP.Visible = True Label95.Visible = False Label97.Visible = True Label96.Visible = True If DLookup is anything other than Admin then TitleMSP.Visible = False ContactUserID.Visible = False ContactStatus.Visible = False Label97.Visible = False ...

"Microsoft Office Outlook (2007 Office Pro) has stopped working"
Hello, I recently installed Office 2007 Professional on a laptop recently upgraded from Vista Home Premum to Windows 7 Home Premium on my Inspiron 1545. It worked fine for 2 weeks, and and suddenly came up wiht "Microsoft Ourlook has stopped working" The program downloads messages, and I can access settings, but as soon as you go to read a message or open one to send, it crashes. I have done the following: 1-Tried to repair the software, no problems found 2-Installed all updates 3-Repaired to original install 4-Deleted the Software and reinstalled a fresh copy 5...

Project Center Access Not Working
Our Admins and PMs are getting the following message when they access the Project Center. "Project Center cannot access the project(s) you are trying to view. It is most likely that you either don't have permissions to view the project, another user has deleted this project(s) before you were able to view it or that another user is in the process of publishing the project" It works sometimes, but most of the time we get this message, we can get it to work if we keep refreshing or changing views that has less data to show. Does anyone has any idea on how to fix thi...

SAVING EXCEL FILE AS .CSV
I'm trying to save an excel file in .csv format with Excel 2003. After I get out of the file and get back in the format of the cells has changed. For instance, one column has all 4 digit numbers most of which have "0" as the first digit. The .csv file has omitted all of the zero's. It has also changed several of the cells to a date format. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Thanks, Dwayne Dwayne, It's probably not the saving as csv that's changing your data, but the way Excel treats it when you reopen it with Excel. Try opening it with N...

Smart Host not working
Hi All, I have a (seemingly) quite bizarre problem. Basically even though I've told Exchange Server 2000 to use a smart host for mail delivery (under the default SMTP server - Advanced Delivery tab), exchange insists on attempting to connect direct to the recipients MX server. I've done this before on dozens of Exchange 2000 servers and never seen this behaviour. Anyone have any idea what may stop Exchange 2000 server using a smart host ?? The FQDN is correct for the domain, and the attempt direct delivery box is not ticked. Graham. Hi Graham, Try using an smtp connector ins...

SMTP works intermittently after FE servers set as NLB pair
After setting two FE servers in an NLB pair (both with smtp previously working), some mail servers cannot open SMTP sockets to the FE NLB pair. IT seems to be only windows boxes odly enough. When i create the pair, OWA, OMA and Activesync work fine as does a telnet to port 25. However, some machines cannot telnet to port 25..all machines in question that have proven unable to access are running win2k or win2k3....sendmail and qmail can open a smtp session to the NLB pair just fine. ANy ideas? On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:12:02 -0700, knightly <knightly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

Junk email not working for some emails
The Junk E-mail feature only works for e-mail that I get from certain people and not others. For instance: johndoe@aol is on my Blocked Senders list but these emails will do not be sent to the Junk E-mail folder. But janedoe@aol.comis on my Blocked Senders list and is automatically moved to the Junk Email folder. And I think it is regardless of the domain. I guess I could create a rule to move them, but why isn't the Junk E-mail feature working for some e-mails? aol@aol.com <aol@aol.com> wrote: > The Junk E-mail feature only works for e-mail that I get from certain > peopl...

what pdf software do you use to redact text?
There are a lot of software packages that will converted back and forth between Word and PDF documents - however, I need to know if anyone uses a good converter that will allow true redactions that cannot be seen in the PDF version as well as remove metadata from the output document. Thanks!! CH Do your redaction in Word. Output the document to a graphics format such as TIFF using SnagIt's 'printer' driver, then print the results to PDF using Acrobat to combine multiple pages. That should stay redacted :) -- <>>< ><<> ><<> ...

Publisher 2003 is missing page numbers when I convert to pdf
I have a publisher 2003 documents of 124 pages with several master pages. I can see and print page numbers centered at the bottom of the page using publisher, but when I convert to a pdf using Acrobat Pro 7.1.0 the page numbers don't convert. Updated both today prior to conversion. Several master pages in the doc. Any ideas what is going wrong? Be certain you don't have "Ignore Master Page" checked. Don't know what is going on. I've tried to duplicate this but I can't. I created a 200 page document, I put the page numbers on the bottom centered. I creat...

Feature Requests: Savings Goal & Bill Recurrence Fix
Just a couple of suggestions for the Money developers... 1) Creating a true savings goal feature. This would allow a user to earmark money within an account for a particular expense and continue to add/subtract to/from it. When viewing the account, you could then see what your current balance was with the savings goal money removed from the account or with the money in the account. The savings goal account would look like a separate account (although it really isn't) so you could view it in itself. This would also allow you to add to a savings goal from different accounts. In settin...

Rules won't work #2
My rules don't always work. Sometimes my emails go to a completely different folder than where they are supposed to go and sometimes they stay in the inbox. This happens about 75% of the time. Is there something I can do to fix this? -- Francine Version of Outlook? Exact rule? Make sure you've sorted and added the action "and stop processing rules" accordingly. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Francine" <...