How do I insert a page with a different layout?

I have created a side-fold card, and I want to insert a new full page, so I
can put an large object in it. I don't want to create a separate publisher
document and then print two different ones in the same piece of paper.
There's any way of avoiding this and insert a new page in the existing
document.
I'm using Publisher 2003.
Thank you,
Al
0
Al1 (451)

If you are using the folded card template I cannot see how you can avoid doing
two publications unless you create your card manually without using the
template. Look at print preview of your folded card, this will be the way your
objects will have to be setup if you do the card manually. To get the margins
right use the Arrange menu and grid guides.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a side-fold card, and I want to insert a new full page, so I
> can put an large object in it. I don't want to create a separate publisher
> document and then print two different ones in the same piece of paper.
> There's any way of avoiding this and insert a new page in the existing
> document.
> I'm using Publisher 2003.
> Thank you,
> Al

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Inserting picture as a background
I inserted a picture as my background from my hard drive. Multiple images appeared in the document. I know that if you are working with a webpage it tiles so that the image appears on each page. But I am creating a brochure and only want 1 image. Has anyone else experienced this and do you have a solutionl. -- kbp When you use the Format >> background you will get tiling. Best to put an image on the Master Page and stretch it to fit. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Kimberley" <Kimberley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2123E93-DDEF-4...

adding cross-functional flowchart changes page-layout
i would like to add to a "landscape" page a stencil>flowchart>cross-functional flowchart shapes vertical. when adding it the page converse automatically to a "portrait" page, while it should remain "landscape" the same happens if I add cross-functional flowchart shapes horizontal to a "portrait" page. it changes into a "landscape" page. can I avoid this? thx, kjetil I can't think of a way to avoid having the page orientation switch to portrait when you drop the functional band shape out and pick vertical. Visio automatically cha...

Insert rows and fill formulas
I have just added this on a work sheet. It works OK when sheet is unprotected but when I protect the sheet it comes up error 400. If I select Insert row on protection box it will insert row but not formulas while protected. How can I get it to work while sheet is protected. I have also setup a botton on the taskbar to do this for me but it will only do it for the day I set it up in. When I save as for the next day it wont work on the new sheet. Your help will be appreciated Regards Chris I'm not an expert but I thought the whole idea of protecting the worksheet is so p...

How to insert a page break every 10 lines
Hi, I have been stumped on this one. I have been trying to write a macr for days on inserting a page break every 10 lines and haven't been abl to figure it out. I will have have to write a macro to insert a blan row every two lines. Thanks, Ev ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Eva, The following code will insert a page break every 10 rows. Change the values of StartRow and EndRow to meet your needs. Dim RowNdx As Long Dim StartRow As Long ...

Toolbar with different icon sizes
I am developing an Internet Explorer toolbar. Most of the buttons have icon sizes of 16x16, but one of them has larger width (80 pixels). Since a toolbar expects all icons to have the same size I have to do something special if I want to add this button. The solution that I am currently experimenting with is to make a second toolbar which is a child window of the first toolbar. This second toolbar contains only one button. This seems to work a little. I can position it correctly, but the problem is that the second toolbar is entirely black. If I move the mouse cursor of it, it highlights a g...

ActiveX Property Page OK button
I would like to know how can I trap ActiveX Property Page OK button event ? I want to do some checking of property controls before user clicks on activex property page OK button..please help. Thanx Ashish ...

Copy data between access databases with slightly different structures
If I have 2 databases with some differences in table structure, 1 is fully populated and the other empty, how can I copy only the matching fields data from one to the other? Are there any utilities available for this? See if this is what you want. Open one database and create a link to the table in the other database. Then create an append query. You can choose the fields you want to append, leaving the other fields alone and/or use criteria to chose what records you want to append. -- Joseph E. Meehan 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math "Partha Mandayam" <partha@partha...

Can't insert column; keep receiving error message
I was updating a large spreadsheet and all of a sudden I was unable to insert columns. I kept getting an error message that said, "...unable to shift nonblank cells off worksheet." I tried everything from unhiding all columns and rows toreformatting all the comments to move and size with their relative cells. I also removed all the comments and I was still unable to insert a column. Does anyone have a solution Thank you >-----Original Message----- >I was updating a large spreadsheet and all of a sudden I was unable to insert columns. I kept getting an error message th...

Assign a Contact to a different businessunit
Helo, is it possible to assign a contact to a different businessunit than my own? We have the problem that the customer has users that should have the right to enter contacts for different businessunits (without assigning it to another user). Thanks for your help, paul. Unfortunately, the answer is no. If you look in the tables for Contact (ContactBase) or even the Contact view or FilteredContact, you'll probablly notice a field called businessunitid...this is dynamically set when you reassign it to someone else. Sorry I don't have a better solution for you. "Paul&quo...

Insert file name in Excel
I want to insert the file name into a cel of my Excel Worksheet. I need this for document management issues with Microsoft Business Soltutions Axapta. I work with Microsoft Office Excel 2003. =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1)) +1,FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("[",CELL ("filename",A1))-1) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I want to insert the file name into a cel of my Excel Worksheet. >I need this for document management issues with Microsoft Business >Soltutions ...

Calculating Time Difference
Hi, Searched previous postings but can't find an answer to my problem - hope someone can help. I have two columns both in hh:mm format; first shows a start time and second shows a stop time. I want a third column to show the difference in hours and minutes between the two times - if I can't have this I will accept difference in minutes only between the two times. Best I have come up with is the calculation =ABS(a2-a1) and custom format the cell to show minutes only; [mm]. There seems to be a problem with this - the calculation does not always return the expected time differe...

Moving mailboxes from 5.5 to 2K in different domain
Hello, If anyone could give me some quick tips on what method to use to migrate mailboxes from a 5.5 box to a 2000 box that is in a different domain I would greatly appreciate it. We have built a fresh W2K domain and will be migrating our production NT4 domain. In testing, I have successfully replicated all users, groups, and computers to the new W2K domain using the active directory migration tool. The old/new domains currently have a full 2-way trust established. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, JW If you migrate the accounts successfully then the users will all be in t...

finding differing numbers.
How do I in a column of numbers some in duplication, how can i get a list off the entries which reflects these numbers but not in duplication. ie "numbers" 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 1, 5, 3, 5, 2, 1, 2. "result" 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Thanks Chris Hi one way: - select your column - choose 'Data - Filter Advanced Filter' - choose a new range and 'unique entries' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany curleyc wrote: > How do I in a column of numbers some in duplication, how can i get a > list off the entries which reflects these numbers but not in > duplicat...

Is "Go To Page" the only way?
Hi there, I'm a 2007 Publisher newbie. I am used to the 2003 version & I really utilised the little pages you had at the bottom left of the screen to flick from page to page. I can't seem to find this option in 2007. I am currently changing pages via Edit/ Go to page.. which quite frankly is a PITA. Please someone tell me how to view my pages in a more user friendly way? Many thanks The sort option is missing from some Publisher 2007 applications. There is a registry fix here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs It is FAQ 6 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/...

Two different formats for same document
I print scripts onto 8x5 index cards, landscape. I'd like to be able to print a copy of the script, two pages per sheet, onto 8.5x11 paper for editing purposes. The index card page breaks are important to know in the editing. Any ideas? I use MS Word 2008 for Mac. I can't give you explicit directions without more details but I believe you should find your solution in the Print dialog. There should be nothing you have to change in your document itself. In the Print dialog open the Copies & pages list, select Layout. Choose 2 in the 'Pages per Sheet' lis...

Taking ownership of HD with different OS
My boyfriend just bought a new pc running Vista and needs to get files off of the old HD with XP Pro. He's installed the old HD (drive J) into the new pc - when he attempts to explore drive J he gets the access is denied message. I told him about taking ownership and disabling simple file sharing, but he's having a problem because the Vista interface is completely different...is the procedure a different one if the hard drives have different OS's? Try run,type: diskmgmt.msc In msc,L.click on the xp hd,go to actions, all,locate and select "make active",i...

how can i see my exchange mails from different ISP
hi, i have an exchange server 2003 with windows server 2003 my mails are coming to my exchange through smtp server on port 25 , my exchange is behind the PIX firewall my users can check their mails through MSoutlook 2003, OWA and OUTlook express internaly and can send mails to yaho, hotmail,gmail as well , so plzz tell me what i have to configure on my server or on pix so that my users can see their mails from home or different ISP plzz send me the full configuration because i am new to exchange . thanks in advance regards ALI You have owa already working. So, let the pix accept con...

survey page
I am newto Access and am trying the following: I want to post a survey with option boxes. i would like the option boxes to be counted in a database so it can correlate the results. What is the best appraoch for this? Thank you for any help you can give me. Paul, NY On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:00:00 -0800, paulhthr <paulhthr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am newto Access and am trying the following: >I want to post a survey with option boxes. i would like the option boxes to >be counted in a database so it can correlate the results. >What is the best appraoch for this? &g...

Crm3 to Crm4: error on page when opening/closing contacts
OK, another similar to a lot of people, but I do not have a solution. I am presently testing in lab upgrading from CMR 3 to 4 and finds myself with a strange one. Anytime I open a contact, and this happens only with contacts, I get an "error on page" at the bottom of the browser window and once I close it, there is a "pop-up" to send information to Microsoft for the error which contains the following; 1.0 Expected ')' 75 /Orthofab/sfa/conts/edit.aspx /Orthofab/sfa/conts/ edit.aspx Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; FunWebProducts; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2....

Multiple copies of a page
Hello, I have a report which needs to print two identical copies of each page and then a third largely-identical copy of some pages. What I have done is create a sub-report and add it three times to the report. Then in the Detail_Format event of the main report I make the third sub-report visible or invisible, depending on how many copies of the page we need. This is all working fine. The trouble I'm having is that, for the pages where we need three copies, the client wants certain fields on copy 3 to not be printed. I realize that I could create a separate sub-report to be used f...

Saving Outlook Calendar as Web Page
When I'm trying to save a personal calendar as a web page, there is a date/day mismatch after Jan 1, 2005. In other words, the correct Jan 1, 2005 falls on a Saturday, but when I save it as a webpage, Jan 1, 2005 falls on a Friday, and all the appointments are off by one day also. Anyone else seen this and what can I do?? Jim This is a well documented problem. I posted the same question on 9/17 at... http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/community/NewsGroups/default.mspx?query=2005&dg=microsoft.public.outlook&cat=exchange&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=C9163434-DE68...

How do I compensate for page creep in a small A5 booklet
Hi I'm using Publisher 2003 to produce a small (100 page) booklet, that will be printed 2 up double sided on A4 paper e.g. 25 sheets of paper, 4 pages per sheet. When printed the book is showing exhibitig what appears to be called, in the printing industry, page creep. That is that when folded the right hand edges of the inner pages protrude further than the right hand edges of the outer pages. The excess paper can obviously be trimmed off with a guillotine, but then the text on the pages will be closer to the right hand edge of the page, as above. I've searched Publishers Hel...

How to insert 3 images into excel with aligning each positions?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to insert 3 images into excel with aligning each positions? Please see following code for detailed description. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myPic As Object Dim dblTop As Double Dim dblLeft As Double Dim dblHeight As Double Dim dblWidth As Double If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then On Error Resume Next Set myPic = ActiveSheet.Pictures(1) On Error GoTo 0 If Not myPic Is Nothing Then myPic.Delete If Range(&quo...

IE page size
I am using Windows XP with IE8. When I open IE, the page is a reduced size. I have to enlarge it to full size manually. Is there a way to make it open in the full window? Thanks "Drew" <drew@home.net> wrote in message news:umS968fwKHA.3764@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I am using Windows XP with IE8. When I open IE, the page is a reduced >size. I have to enlarge it to full size manually. > > Is there a way to make it open in the full window? > > Thanks > Whichever shortcut you are using to launch the window, right click it and ...

Publisher 2002
I'm creating an Employee Directory (130 employees total, 4 employees per page) and cannot get the merge to move to the next record. Since the 'Catalog Merge' function isn't an option in 2002, and the company isn't going to buy 2003, can anyone help me do this in Publisher? Thanks, Kate Divide the page into 4. Input this number into the page setup. (2.75 inches), click the "change copies per sheet", change the gaps and margins to zero. This will give you 4 entries per page. Only one entry will be on your screen. Setup your merge. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP htt...