how do i increase font size beyond 72

highlighting figure in font size box and trying to put larger number in
myself does not do it. is there another way? thanks
0
Vincent (43)

High-light the number, type your number, hit return. It that doesn't work for
you, on the toolbar, format, font.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Polly Vincent" <Polly Vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> highlighting figure in font size box and trying to put larger number in
> myself does not do it. is there another way? thanks

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Database query, spreadsheet size
I have a spreadsheet with several database queries from SQL Server. As queries are refreshed, spreadsheet size continues to grow. Even when I wipe out the queries, the file stays around 300K. Does anyone know where this extra data is sitting and how can I clear it out. Hi 300K is not that big but have a look at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused >-----Original Message----- >I have a spreadsheet with several database queries from >SQL Server. As queries are refreshed, spreadsheet size >continues to grow. Even when I wipe out the queries, the >file stay...

Can I change the font color of text inside an IF statement?
Here is the equation I'm using in Excel 2003. =IF(AND(G3="NO",B1-E3<2),B1-E3,IF(AND(G3="YES",B1-E3<=96),B1-E3,"Error")) I would like the text color to change red if: IF NO is selected and B1-E3 >2 I would like the text to turn red. IF YES is selected and B1-E3 >4 I would like the text to turn red. If I can do this in conditional formatting, that’s fine, I'm just not familiar enough with excel to do this. Thanks for the assistance! Craig Hi a formula can't change a format. But have a look at 'Format - Conditional Format' fo...

-1026 JET_errRecordTooBig, Record larger than maximum size
I administer a single Windows 2003 domain, Native Mode only W3k servers and use Exchange 2003. I am seeing this error in all DC Directory Service Event Logs. Event Type: Error Event Source: NTDS SDPROP Event Category: Internal Processing Event ID: 2008 Date: 28/07/2004 Time: 6:38:04 PM User: NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON Computer: TLSAD1 Description: Internal error: The security descriptor propagation task encountered an error while processing the following object. The propagation of security descriptors may not be possible until the problem is corrected. Object: CN=internal 29176...

max size
is there a max file size that excel can handle? or a max number of rows or columns? or both? Joe From Help on "Specifications" Worksheet and workbook specifications............. Worksheet size 65,536 rows by 256 columns Sheets in a workbook Limited by available memory (default is 3 sheets) See the rest of the Specs in Help for more info. Also visit Charles Williams' site for info on Memory and Limits http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 3 May 2005 14:41:50 -0400, "Joe" <junk@junk.com> wrote: > >is there...

How can I stop Outlook downloading fonts from incoming messages and use only those installed?
When I receive a message in Outlook with a font I don't have installed it takes a while whilst Outlook downloads the font. Can I switch off this feature so that the only fonts that show are those that are already installed. Peter <usenet_AT_tecno.demon.co.uk@JUNKBLOCK.COM> wrote: > When I receive a message in Outlook with a font I don't have installed > it takes a while whilst Outlook downloads the font. Can I switch off > this feature so that the only fonts that show are those that are > already installed. You don't state your version of Outlook, but with Out...

WebBrowser Control Displayed Font Size.
In Windows Explorer 7 a menu option is available to change the displayed font size. "View" > "Text Size". Several options are available; "Largest", "Larger", "Medium" etc. Is the functionality available to programmatically adjust the displayed font size in the WebBrowser control? The container for the control is in a Windows form. ...

Increase Potential
ACTING FOR THE NON ACTOR WITH AWARD WINNING ACTOR/WRITER/DIRECTOR/TEACHER MICHAEL COLE DINELLI www.gravitywavefilms.com Employ the tools of the Actor to enhance your communication creative skills in business, relationships, and everyday life. Learn the exercises and acting techniques the professionals use for their work in movies and stage. These classes are designed for the non-pro to be informative, great fun, and bring out the best in you weather you are a salesman, attorney, teacher, or just looking for something fun and therapeutic. Conquer your fear of public speaking and ...

How to size an activex ?
Hello, I wrote an ActiveX in MFC. I use it in a C# application (forms). My computer has a screen resolution of 1280x1024 with 96PPP (Important !!) I insert my activex in a form, I compile and run all is ok !! But now I want to use my application in an other computer with screen resolution of 1280x1024 but with 120 PPP. The size of my activeX is not correct !! External size is biggest than what I design! I suppose it's a problem of physical and logical size, but i d'ont know how to be independant of the ppp value. I want to design my form on any computer and obtain the same look ...

Default font color
How can I set the default font color to anything but black? You can go to Format, Style, be sure the Style name is at Normal, hit modify over on the right, change the color. You'll have to do this to each workbook. I have not been able to figure out how to make it permanent. "ajb" <ajbehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:ugpNPqvdDHA.2112@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How can I set the default font color to anything but black? > > You can create a new default template, with your preferred font colour: 1. Open a new workbook. 2. Choose Format>Style 3. Fr...

database size question #2
Hi all - Trying to get a little perspective. Currently running 5.5 sp4 - my priv.edb is 46GB - is this considered big? The storage is big and fast - if 46GB is not considered big, what is - what have some of the larger 5.5 priv.edb been? When I move to 2003 by the end of year, I plan on throwing a large NAS box and using iscsi for the exchange database(s) - and finally giving my users 'unlimited' email storage - what is considered big for a 2003 private store? Many thanks. Peter On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:44:59 -0700, "PFG" <petergump@gumps.org> wrote: >H...

Column A to change font color if column B is not empty
Hi, I'd like to have column A of a sheet to automatically turn to red font when a cell in column B is entered,ie, the Cell A3 will change from red to black when B3 is entered and B3 is a date. Can it be done? Thanks & Regards, Val Hi try: - select cells A3:A10 - goto 'Format - Conditional format' - enter the formula =$B3<>"" - choose a format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany dolphinv4 wrote: > Hi, > > I'd like to have column A of a sheet to automatically > turn to red font when a cell in column B is entered,ie, > the Cell ...

What is the maximum paper size for publisher 2003
I'd like to buy a printer that will handle 13"X19" paper but I first would like to know if Publisher 2003 will support that size without making it into panes. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks. Lynn Publisher 2000 has a maximum document size of 20 ft by 20 ft. Publisher will print to the size you set in the printer. So select the plotter of your choice. -- Don Vancouver USA "Lynn35" <Lynn35@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B81CD73-6101-4891-A2B2-FD79F159B7E3@microsoft.com... > I'd like to buy a printer that will handle 13&quo...

Tick Box Size
Hi Is there anyway to change the size of a tick box displayed on a form ????? I have tried everything !! Thanks Tony Nothing built into Access, but see my March, 2004 "Access Answers" column in Pinnacle Publication's "Smart Access". You can download the column (and sample database) for free at http://www.accessmvp.com/DJSteele/SmartAccess.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "blake7" <blake7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17844B03-8C7E-41DF-8646-8A7EF404611D@microsoft.com... >...

Sizing Data Tables on a chart
When I have a data table attached to a chart and size the chart, the data table does not size proportionately ...

Fonts/Icons
Does anybody know how to change the default icon & font size for the "folder list" (usually on the left of outlook xp).......It starts with: Outlook Today Calender Contacts etc. etc. ...

FONTS in Microsoft Publisher 2003
I would like to print out ALL fonts available for actual reference when I want to show my customer, how do I do it? Rossy wrote: > I would like to print out ALL fonts available for actual reference when I > want to show my customer, how do I do it? The fonts available in Publisher should be the same as the fonts available to the rest of the system. This article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/209205 -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Thanks for the answer, however, I do not know how to print the fonts available, can you tell me how? Someone did it for ...

Changing font size for folder labels
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I had to change my identity because of problems creating an archive. The font size for the folder/subfolder names is considerably bigger than in my old identity, but I can't find/remember how I was able to shrink the font size in the old identity. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ----------------1884767708369135418 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit On 2010-03-01 18:30:43 -0800, JHawk@officefor...

uninstall fonts in Word 2003
How can I uninstall fonts from the drop down menu in this program? There are too many to choose from and I don't use most of them... hate looking through the list each time I want to change fonts. If they're fonts you're never going to use anyway, you Delete them from the Fonts folder in Start > Control Panel. (But if they weren't stored somewhere else in your computer and installed from there, you should move them to a storage folder instead, so that when you do want them back, you can Install them again.) In Word2007, recently used fonts appear in a group at t...

Memory Keeps Increasing while App Running??
Dear: I'm building application and uses and 3rd party application with my app I noticed that the memroy is keep going up while app running to i trid to check if there any memory leaks so I run the program and close the application, in the output window this information appeared I used Boundschecker in the debug mode. Boundschecker did come up with a bunch of memory leaks when I closed the program. But, all these leaks are from a 3rd party software we are using(Roguewave/Stingray). I'm not sure how to proceed with the results from Boundschecker. I'm enclosing the results from B...

Office OL 2007 - Vista
Office OL 2007 and Vista I received a warning (when I tried to create and save a new OL contact) that my pst file is too large. I was prevented from saving the new contact. I checked the pst size (in c:\users\me\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook), and see that a hair over 1.9 GB (and FWIW, the Archive.pst is over 3.4 GB. I thought the default max size is 20GB. I tried finding the Registry entries for max file sizes, and thought they were located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook , but navigating down there to Microsoft, there's only Sy...

what does the size 1/72 means
trying to find out if appies font or point You can specify a row height of 0 (zero) to 409. This value represents the height measurement in points (1 point equals approximately 1/72 inch or 0.035 cm). The default row height is 12.75 points (approximately 1/6 inch or 0.4 cm). If a row has a height of 0 (zero), the row is hidden. "Vin_microsoft" wrote: > trying to find out if appies font or point 1/72 of an inch is one point. Font sizes are measured in points. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Vin_microsoft" <Vin_microsof...

Icon size
The icons across the top of the screen in M2006-- is there any way to decrease their insanely large size and reclaim a little screen real estate? Thanks, --Howie No. M05/6 are terribly wasteful of real estate--you'd think the least important thing one does with the app is store one's data. "Howie" <nothere@this.time> wrote in message news:pul9r15nqv149pmdorebu457thku3ekquf@4ax.com... > The icons across the top of the screen in M2006-- is there any way to > decrease their insanely large size and reclaim a little screen real > estate? ...

Printing reduce sized charts
I print charts only by selecting the cahrt and using the print command. The result is chart printed on the whole paper. I want to print smaller charts for keeping records. There is one way I can do it but thats changing the print properties evertime I want to do that. Is there any way I can do that in Excel. Thanks Hi Do not select the chart when you print, print the chart like normla spreadsheet. you are allowed to resize the chart if necessary. >-----Original Message----- >I print charts only by selecting the cahrt and using the print command. The >result is chart printed o...

get font from HDC
Hi, I would like to modify a function used to render some HTML and use the font I have choosen : // C functions int __stdcall DrawHTML( HDC hdc, // handle of device context LPCTSTR lpString, // address of string to draw int nCount, // string length, in characters LPRECT lpRect, // address of structure with formatting dimensions UINT uFormat // text-drawing flags ) { .... /* get the "default" font from the DC */ SavedD...

Change PrintDlg Font
Hey, I use - CPrintDialog PrintDlg(TRUE, PD_ALLPAGES | PD_USEDEVMODECOPIES | PD_NOPAGENUMS | PD_NOSELECTION | PD_DISABLEPRINTTOFILE, AfxGetMainWnd()/*this*/); // if(PrintDlg.DoModal() == IDOK) PrintDlg.GetDefaults(); // %9b86 ShellExecute(NULL,"print","tally.txt",NULL,NULL,SW_HIDE); ShellExecute(NULL,"print","summary.txt",NULL,NULL,SW_HIDE); to print two text files. How do I change the font that is printed? Thanks, Wayne Ransier > Hey, > > I use - > > CPrintDialog PrintDlg(TRUE, > PD_ALLPAGES | PD_...