How do I identify and delete macros

Before I got Windows XP, I used a macro I found through this site to set up a
couple of documents to print as a booklet. With the new Office software, I
don't need that macro anymore. Some of the documents I use are based on older
documents containing the macro (in both Word and Publisher), and I get a
dialog box asking me to enable or disable the macros. I would like to take
out the macros all together, but I don't know how. Also, for all I know
(which isn't much at all about programming), there may be macros built in to
the program that I don't want to delete. How do I find and delete the macros
that I don't need? Thanks!

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 19:41:04 +0000, Chris at FCC wrote
(in article <C4AF233A-A21C-48C1-8057-E4FB764A5346@microsoft.com>):

> Before I got Windows XP, I used a macro I found through this site to set up a

> couple of documents to print as a booklet. With the new Office software, I
> don't need that macro anymore. Some of the documents I use are based on older

> documents containing the macro (in both Word and Publisher), and I get a
> dialog box asking me to enable or disable the macros. I would like to take
> out the macros all together, but I don't know how. Also, for all I know
> (which isn't much at all about programming), there may be macros built in to
> the program that I don't want to delete. How do I find and delete the macros
> that I don't need? Thanks!

1) This isn't a "site" this is Usenet

2) Publisher doesn't use macros - do you mean an add-in?

0
naggingdoubt (192)
1/3/2006 8:58:15 PM
Margolotta <naggingdoubt@thebackofyourmind.invalid> was very recently
heard to utter:
> 1) This isn't a "site" this is Usenet

It sure ain't Usenet by any standard definition.  You access through NNTP,
the OP accesses through a website.

> 2) Publisher doesn't use macros - do you mean an add-in?

Publisher most certainly does have macro functionality, although the duplex
printing functionality is normally provided by an add-in available at
http://www.publishermvps.com.

Tools > Macros > Visual Basic Editor provides access to Publisher's macro
tools.  If there's any code in the publication, it can be found and deleted
in there.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
> Margolotta <naggingdoubt@thebackofyourmind.invalid> was very recently
> heard to utter:
> > 1) This isn't a "site" this is Usenet
>
> It sure ain't Usenet by any standard definition.  You access through NNTP,
> the OP accesses through a website.
>
> > 2) Publisher doesn't use macros - do you mean an add-in?
>
> Publisher most certainly does have macro functionality, although the
duplex
> printing functionality is normally provided by an add-in available at
> http://www.publishermvps.com.
>
> Tools > Macros > Visual Basic Editor provides access to Publisher's macro
> tools.  If there's any code in the publication, it can be found and
deleted
> in there.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

     I think Margolotta would like to mess up PCs so people won't like them
and will all buy macs instead. Then she won't feel so left out in her
perfect mac world where nobody needs to write and share about problems and
using them because they are perfect and never have problems. (so why don't
the users just go and USE them?)

     There should be a disclaimer somewhere about not taking her answers
seriously. People who don't know might believe her.

     ~ Carrie

0
starchild1 (144)
1/4/2006 2:46:36 PM
Actually, I wouldn't know a website from usenet if they came up and bit me,
but I do know that I've gotten a lot of help from this "whatever it is." My
first computer was a Mac and I used one at work for many years and only
reluctantly switched to a PC. Now, I figure a computer's a computer, still at
the mercy of software, glitches and all.

Carrie wrote:
> "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message
>
>>Margolotta <naggingdoubt@thebackofyourmind.invalid> was very recently
>>heard to utter:
>>
>>>1) This isn't a "site" this is Usenet
>>
>>It sure ain't Usenet by any standard definition.  You access through NNTP,
>>the OP accesses through a website.
>>

>>>2) Publisher doesn't use macros - do you mean an add-in?
>>
>>Publisher most certainly does have macro functionality, although the
>
> duplex
>
>>printing functionality is normally provided by an add-in available at
>>http://www.publishermvps.com.
>>
>>Tools > Macros > Visual Basic Editor provides access to Publisher's macro
>>tools.  If there's any code in the publication, it can be found and
>
> deleted
>
>>in there.
>>
>>--
>>Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
>

>      I think Margolotta would like to mess up PCs so people won't like them
> and will all buy macs instead. Then she won't feel so left out in her
> perfect mac world where nobody needs to write and share about problems and
> using them because they are perfect and never have problems. (so why don't
> the users just go and USE them?)
>
>      There should be a disclaimer somewhere about not taking her answers
> seriously. People who don't know might believe her.
>
>      ~ Carrie

It seems that every ng has at least one jerk capable of high-jacking the
entire ng with their bullshit.
Frank
0
fb21 (22)

Excel macro #5
I have recorded a macro that formats a cell, I am unable to stop recording the macro with the focus on the same cell. Hitting return I can then stop recording but get a range statement at the end of the macro. This is what I have for the macro: With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 39 .Pattern = xlSolid .PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic End With ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "^" Range("H27").Select This causes the macro to end o up on the H27 cel after every time the macro is run. Is there any way to keep the focus on the active cell I ...

Macro Help #4
Hi I am trying to write a Macro that opens another workbook (test.csv) and copies the data from and places into the workbook with the macro (testenabled.xmls) which will run on a scheduled task. I keep running into this error run time error '9' subscript out of range Here is the code - I would really appreciate some help. Sub test() ' ' test Macro ' ' ChDir "C:\Users\j.dibble.CTS\Desktop" Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\Users\j.dibble.CTS\Desktop\test.csv" Range("A1:B5").Select Selection.Copy Windows("Book1"...

Jon Peltier's code: can't delete initial series??
I wrote this on my machine running Win XP and XL2002. It worked. I gave it to a friend running Win2000 and XL2000, and it fails on the code to delete the initial series. What else can we do? Ed Sub MakeNewScatterChart() Dim wkb As Workbook Dim wks As Worksheet Dim LastRow As Long Dim LastCol As Long Dim colData As Long Dim cht As Chart Dim chtObj As ChartObject Dim rngData As Range Dim rngXval As Range Dim rngSer As Range Dim strTitle As String ' Get limits of data Set wkb = ActiveWorkbook Set wks = wkb.Sheets(1) LastRow = wks.Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row LastCol = wks....

Getting started with Macros
Can someone provide a good web site that details how to use macros. I have never used them and I have no idea where to start. Thanks, Ant Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ant wrote: > Can someone provide a good web site that details how to use macros. > I have never used them and I have no idea where to start. > > Thanks, > Ant "Ant" <Ant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B8ADCB9-4F0A-451F-A1F7-0392112AF5AB@microsoft.com... > Can someone provide a good web site tha...

Deleting a Company in GP 8.0
I wanted to delete a test company and recreate a new test company with the same ID. However, I accidentally deleted the company through SQL Server 2000's Enterprise Manager before deleting it within Great Plains. Now when I try to create the company in GP Utilities, I get an error message indicating 'This ID has been assigned to another company'. When I try to delete this company in GP, I get an error message indicating the database could not be located in 'sysdatabases'. How can I completely remove this database from GP? Thanks. -- Bob Bob, If you delete the D...

deleted items reappearing!
Help. Many clients of ours are recently claiming that after they purge their deleted items folder (outlook 2003), they reappear soon afterwards. We tried it with cached mode and without (using exchange server 2003). The same thing happens in OWA. I saw some previous posts, but no one offered a solution. Any idea? Thanks. Anyone? Please? :-) "GC Postmaster" <gc_postmaster@gordon.edu> wrote in message news:%23cseSa3yGHA.4116@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Help. > > Many clients of ours are recently claiming that after they purge their > deleted items folder...

help on macro for making chart
Hi, i want to make a plot using macro where I want my x-axis to be the value from the same column but random rows for example R18C3,R19C3,R21C3,R23C3,R25C3,R27C3 ( only rows are changing) and my Y-axis should also be something like this R18C5,R19C5,R21C5,R23C5,R25C5,R27C5 ( only rows are changing) For one plot It is working but i do not know how i can plot for other columns... the code looks like this Sub Macro2() ' ' Macro2 Macro ' Macro recorded 3/30/2007 by Roger ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+m ' Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatterLines ...

Macro problem
Hi, I have a spreadsheet for keeping track of my golf scores. The spreadsheet uses a macro for copying the scores to a database sheet and to a statistics sheet. When running this macro the process fails on the statistics sheet. It involves copying 2 matrices from the scorecard sheet to the statistics sheet. If I uninstall the security updates for Excel 2007 in Windows 7 the spreadsheet works like a charm. I usually just removes all excel updates and unchecks updates for excel in Windows Update. However, now I have this update, that keeps installing itself after a reboot (KB982308). I ...

record not deleting from linked table...but it looks deleted.
Hi folks, I have an odd situation here. I have a table linked from my backend to the frontend that I have displayed through a subform. You can add/edit records no problem but when you delete the record it deletes it as requested and the record is gone on the subform. However if you go look in the backend (or even through the linked table), the record is still there. Anyone ever see this before? Thanks, Alan PS: This is Access 2002. ...

How to delete Autocomplete information in IE 6?
Hi All I am working on a small utility that will delete all the information(Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, History, Autofill, typed urls') related to IE as per the user requirement. I am having some problem deleting the autofill information as i dont have the required information. The information i have is as follows: Internet Explorer 6 On Internet Explorer (versions 4 through 6) AutoComplete web form information is stored in the Registry in the following hive locations: Encrypted usernames and passwords: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms\SPW D...

font macro
How can I print all the fonts I have on my computer in Word. I have Word 2007 and a PC. I used to be able to do it with a macro in prior versions. Is there a way to do it now? Thanks Sue The macro at http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FontSampleGenerator.htm works in Word 2007 with no problems. Probably most others will, too. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. antssistr wrote: > How can I print all the fonts I have on my...

Macro Help 11-24-09
I have one workbook of data (1 tab) that has data for 20 different Sales Reps (different names). I need to copy all data for "Rep A" into a separate worksheet, and same for "Rep B" and so on. At the end I would have 1 tab for all data and 20 tabs with the data for each rep. Basically, I need to copy and paste each rep data into a new worksheet within the same workbook but didn't want to do it manually. I hope this makes sense. See Ron de Bruin's site for code. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Also check out his easyfilter add-in. http://www.ro...

Help needed with macro to rename worksheets in workbook.
I have a workbook that contains 29 sheets. I want to rename sheets 3 to 27, with names from specified cells on sheet 29. The names will be made from the concatenation of the contents of 2 cells on sheet 1. I got a macro from this NG some time ago that used to do the job, but the workbook has changed substantially since then with new sheets having been added and others deleted. When I list the Macros I have 2; Sheet35.fid and Sheet35.listsheets. These are both the same as follows: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Row < 3 Or Target.Column <...

Outlook Express Deletes Folders
Using Outlook Express. I went do delete an email from my created inbox folder (which then contains a number of sub- folders) by the usual "shift+delete" method and instead of bringing up the confirmation dialog that folder and all its subs just vanished! I have looked in the store folder and all the DBX files are just gone... I've just lost a few thousand emails from over 3 years, any ideas what has happend and maybe how I can get them back? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlo...

Wrong message with cascading deletes
A2003: Table Person linked 1 X M to table Activity. The relationship has its Referential Integrity checkbox and the Cascade Delete checkbox both checked. When I delete a person all related Activity records are deleted which is to be expected. According to http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=26115&seqNum=5 I should get the following message in this case: "Relationships that specify cascading deletes are about to cause 1 record(s) in this table and in related tables to be deleted. Are you sure you want to delete these records?" In stead I get: &quo...

Excel macro to specify rows and columns to include in printouts
Is there an Excel macro that simulates the effect of specifying the rows and columns to repeat in a printout? I am looking for something that simulates the following operations: 1) Page Setup->Sheet [Tab]->Rows to repeat at Top Highlight the rows 2) Page Setup->Sheet [Tab]->Columns to repeat at Left Highlight the columns Thanks, Gus Try something like With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintTitleRows = "$1:$1" .PrintTitleColumns = "$A:$A" End With -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Softw...

CToolBarCtrl.Customize() dialog could delete button but not insert
CToolBarCtrl.Customize() dialog could delete button but not insert A CToolBar is created during FrameWindow::OnCreate(), In response to a Menu of Customize tool bar, Add handle to this Menu by GetToolBarCtrl plus ToolBarCtrl.Customize(). As you know if the Framewindow does not response to the WM_NOTIFY of TBN_QUERYINSERT message with result of TRUE, the Tool bar customize dialog screen will gone with a flash. So add two handle in Framewindow of TBN_QUERYINSERT and TBN_QUERYDELETE, now the tool bar customize dialog display correctly. You can delete the button, buttons deleted display in the B...

Delete accounts numbers ftom the chart of accounts
I would like to know how to delete or reset my accounts number in the chart of accounts in once in Microsoft Accounting profesional 2008 MA, this is a GP forum. You might want to try a MAP forum. Good luck, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ...

How do you prevent a user from clearing their deleted folder?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I want to be able to prevent users from clearing out their deleted folder. I'm ok if I delete a message from my inbox, but I want to make sure once that email is in the deleted folder it stays there until an administrator comes and clears the folder out. Please help. > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3355748283_803678 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Con...

I can't create and delete users.
Hi, i have a Dynamics CRM Workgruop Sever 4.0 (for partners) in a server of my company, had had problems with product registration and Leon Tribe tell me the solution. Now the problem is that I want to create more users and the options do not appear, not create and not delete, only print and export to excel with my account and the administrator account. I would appreciate someone explain to me what happens. Thank's __________ Informaci´┐Żn de ESET Smart Security, versi´┐Żn de la base de firmas de virus 5362 (20100813) __________ ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje. http://w...

Is there a macro to automatically add a title?
I have imported a project timeline into visio. I would like the project title to automatically appear in visio. How can I do this? Thanks Elaine ...

Can a macro be written to launch a pre-canned e-mail?
I need to launch an e-mail quickly with as few key strokes as possible. The e-mail needs to have a pre-canned subject line, a simple pre-canned message body and, a follow up flag. I have a template but also need to set the Follow up flag each time I send it and this has proven more time consuming than is practical for this application. Can a macro be written to open the template and set the follow up flag to the current date and 1 minute forward from the current time? Most of the time the message will be sent with just that. On occasion I may need to add a word or two to the subject...

Delete Inactive Users and Remove them from BU
Hi, Is there a way to delete inactive users(user already resigned) from CRM server? In addition, is it possible to remove the inactive users from their business unit? I noticed that in my system, when i deactivated the users, they were still existed under the business unit that they were assigned to. Is it the expected behaviour? Thanks Carrie yes this is expected. Users do not get deleted from the database. You only have to reassign their data then remove their license and de-activate them -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Carrie" <Carri...

QAT Reference to Macros in Another Workbook Don't Stick
Running Excel 2007 under Vista. I have one workbook which will contain all my data, and a second which contains a set of macros. By adding the second workbook as a reference, I am able to access all of the macros from the first. (I did have to add a dummy macro to the first workbook to get the reference to stick.) I can add these macros to the Quick Access Toolbar in the first workbook, and they work until I close the file; however, they are gone when the file is re-opened. I can add my dummy macro from the first file to the QAT, and that sticks. However, if I then add a macro fro...

Delete contents of folder on exiting
Does anyone know if its possible to delete the contents of a Outlook 2000 folder when exiting from Outlook (much like the deleted items get emptied). We have a GFI MailEssentials on our Exchange server that moves any emails it recognises as spam to a Junk folder and i'd like to be able to delete the contents of it automatically when i close Outlook, rather than having to do it manually. -- Thanks in advance Dan Williams Dan Williams <dan_williams@newcross-nursing.com> wrote: > Does anyone know if its possible to delete the contents of a Outlook > 2000 folder when exiting ...