How do I group text to graphic?

In my document I'm trying to embed a graphic into the text. How do I do this
to where when I delete text before the graphic it moves with text instead of
me having to redo embedding?

BeanieBrain <BeanieBrain@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> In my document I'm trying to embed a graphic into the text. How do I
> do this to where when I delete text before the graphic it moves with
> text instead of me having to redo embedding?

Which version of Publisher are you using?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
5/14/2005 10:08:27 PM
i'm using both 2000 and 2003 pub ver.
Thanks

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> BeanieBrain <BeanieBrain@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
> heard to utter:
> > In my document I'm trying to embed a graphic into the text. How do I
> > do this to where when I delete text before the graphic it moves with
> > text instead of me having to redo embedding?
>
> Which version of Publisher are you using?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

BeanieBrain <BeanieBrain@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> i'm using both 2000 and 2003 pub ver.

In Publisher 2003 you can select Right-click > Format Picture > Layout >
In-line

You cannot do this in Publisher 2000.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)

How to customize Outlook 2003, e.g. remove button text in toolbar?
I cannot find where to do that :( Thanks, Tien, Right click on the toolbar, select Customize, then right click on the button, select Default style. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Do Quyet Tien asked: | I cannot find where to do that :( | Thanks, | Tien, Thanks, but why is it easy like customize IE toolbars, just select option "No text labels...

Exchange delegation using group doesn't work?
Hi, I am running Exch 2k3 SP1 in Windows SBS 2003. I tried to delegate Exch to user. What I did: I created a group called: Junior Admins I delegate at the Exchange top level the Junior Admins group to be Exch Full Admin. I assigned user: Sam to Junior Admins I use AdminPak.msi for Sam to control Exchange from her PC. Sam can get ESE on her PC (mmc), but can't open the server folder due the rights. I've also assigned Sam in the local administrator of that workstation. Things work if I assign Sam directly in the Delegation Control from ESE. How can I delegate control via group? ...

Show All Groups in 2007
I've looked for this setting, but can't seem to find it -- or, maybe it's not available (which would totally surprise me) -- is there a way to always "Show All Groups" in Access 2007 as opposed to having to right click on the navigation pane and activate all the time? I prefer to see all my objects at once. Thanks for any help. Yes: the top of the Nav Pane has a drop-down. Choose: All Objects. To see them sorted like previous versions, right-click on the top of the Nav Pane, and choose: Category | Object Type -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, W...

Category Group
How can we add new category group or modify pre-defined category groups? In microsoft.public.money, Mark wrote: >How can we add new category group or modify pre-defined >category groups? See FAQ available at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ for information. Plus it was not desirable to post twice. "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74a201c3e76e$8c5a8ff0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How can we add new category group or modify pre-defined > category groups? I asked a question about Category Groups not too long ago. Here was Dick Watson...

Reports based on groups
I am using access 2007 and need to create individual reports for a number of different client records so I can export them to email to the clients. The number and names of clients vary each month so I want to write either a macro or module or something such that it will automatically generate the reports each month. Thoughts? ...

how do i change or remove a signiture that is under outo text hea.
Someone please help i am using outlook 2003 and i am triyng to change a signiture that is under auto text. to get into it i open a message push insert then outo text then signiture. I want to change it. I have closed the untilted message gone to tools then options then mail format then signitures then remove all the signitures but the signiture under insert and outo text is still there See if this helps: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051860291033.aspx -- Bill R "nearly bald with frustration" <nearly bald with frustration@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Counting Texts
If cell A1 contains a paragraph of texts and if I want to count just letter "W"s (Upper or lower case), How can I achieve this? Example: A1 contains "How now brown cow" the formula should return "4". Thank you. Write a macro and use the VBA functions Instr(strName, "w") together with Split(strName, "w") and count the number of times that it finds "w" or "W" Chris "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC60AA13-B569-4C55-BDC7-1B6295CDAFB9@microsoft.com... > If cell A1 co...

Emails missing text
We have about 80 users on our Exchange server. We have 2 users that have an issue with reading their email. It appears that when they open the email the right side of the email/text is gone. When I shadow their session I can see the entire email but they cannot. It is as if they right section of the text of the email was deleted. I'm sorry I'm not explaining this well. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks ...

Export excel file to semicolon delimited text file
Hello all. We have the need to export a file from excel to a semicolon delimited text file. Is there a way to do this from Excel directly? If not, does anyone have any other suggestions? TIA for your help. If you change your regional settings to use the semicolon as your list separator, you can save as .csv and it should work. But this may affect other programs, too--since it's a windows setting. windows start button|settings|control panel|regional and language options| regional options tab|customize button near the bottom. On the other hand, if you don't want to fiddle with...

In-Line Graphics in Pub2002
I have a group of several objects that I want to float with text. The option to do this is grayed out when the objects are grouped, I have to ungroup the objects and float them separately. Is there any way around this? Thx Hi SLS (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have a group of several objects that I want to float || with text. The option to do this is grayed out when the || objects are grouped, I have to ungroup the objects and || float them separately. Is there any way around this? You could group the objects, Right Click on the group of ob...

text size in reading pane
Where is the font selection / text size control for the Outlook 2003 reading pane (incoming emails)? I just bought a brand new dell with windows xp and all and I can't even increase the text size of incoming emails as I could with older versions of Outlook Express. I have been trying to figure this out for around 15 hours now and have come up empty. What kind of progress is this anyway???? A program rendered unable to accomplish such a simple practical thing like that!! Im very upset. My vision is poor. Unless I get an answer soon, I am considering a return of this unit to dell...

can't see text in any office files anymore
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel on my macbookpro: can't see text in any office files anymore (word, powerpoint, excel). only when using preview function from OSX. <br> what's wrong??? <br> do I have to re-install the all suite? any quick fix? ...

New Exchange Routing Group in child domain / site
I have just finished installing a child domain (leaf node) and installing a exchange server for that new domain. First problem I had was that when my email was coming in via the main domain it was sending some of the public folder emails over to the sub domain (witch I had not configured for public folders) So I placed each domain in its own routing group, created a routing connect (both ways) pointing at each other as well as SMTP Connectors with * and cost of 1 (all default settings in each location / routing group. These server will be split via a T1 and both will receive email (ma...

Help Creating A Formula To Copy and Paste Text
Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for any help you may have. I need to create a formula that searches for a specific word in a column then cut the word and paste it to another column. Of course this would be simple if it was the only word in the column, but there is other text that I would like to remain in the orginal column.. Thanks again, Mary You have a reply at your other thread. Mary wrote: > > Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for any help you may have. > > I need to create a formula that searches for a specific word in a > column then cut the word and paste it to ...

Rich Text formatting in Access 2007
In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a memo field (or mixed formatting within any text field). I have just upgraded to the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not been added. Is this correct? (If so, why?) If it is not possible to format individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free add-in that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as adding italic, bold, and underlining? Thanks very much for any information you may have. Bob Rich Text format for Memos in: Tables - Look in t...

Footnote text cannot be entered without mouse click
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Normally adding a footnote number automatically adds that number to the bottom of the page. A blinking text entry indicator normally allows me to enter the footnote text without any additional step. <br><br>However, today I wanted to add a footnote number after a word, and although the corresponding number correctly appears at the bottom of the page, and the blinking text entry indicator also appears ready to allow entering footnote text, yet when I try to type, nothing is entered. I must resort to ...

Add numbers accross columns after stripping away text
I have the following data in a spreadsheet: A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1 4.5f 6f 3.5f 3f 7.25f I need to be able to add the numbers together to give me 24.25, i.e. strip the fs away. The numbers will always be less than 10 and the there will only ever be .25 or.5 or .75 after the number (I don't know whether that is significant?). If anyone can show me how to do this I would be very grateful. I have been messing around with MID and FIND to no avail and then started thinking that SUMPRODUCT might have to get involved but it all got a bit m...

Mottled Text in GIF Image
I'm trying to put a GIF image into my signature page. The image is a Static GIF Image that consists of a graphic and some text. When I go to write the email it appears correctly, however when I send the email the text portion is mottled. I am sending the email to myself and this still occurrs so it is the same monitor, computer, software etc. Anyone have any ideas on what is causing this. Should I covert this image to a jpg or some other format? Thanks in advance ...

Impossibly Tiny Text
On rare occasions Excel 2003 (with all updates) screws up and will display just one sheet with impossibly tiny text - like only one or two pels high on the screen. All other sheets continue to look normal. All the cells appear to still have correct information in them, it's just tiny. I can select the entire sheet and tell it to use 100 point type and it will produce type that looks like maybe 10 point type on the other sheets. Or I can copy an entire good sheet, and "Paste Special" only the formats onto the bad sheet and get back the impossibly tiny text again. Saving ...

Copy a formula formatted as Text In Excel
I have a UDF that returns the formula of a given cell in a text format. Is there anyway to have excel recognize that the result of the function is a formula and not text. Once I click on the cell, hit F2 to edit it and then enter, Excel realizes it's a formula and then calculates the value, Nope. The formula in the cell is going to be the UDF--not the what formula string looks like. You could add some more steps. Select the range (if more than one cell) Convert to values (edit|copy, edit|paste special|values) and finally edit|replace what: = (equal sign) with: = replace all And exce...

Extracting a word from a long text field
I have a text field (up to 200 characters) and I need to extract a specific word. The text field name is "MEDICATIONS" and the word I need to extract which might appear anywhere in the field is 'VENOFER'. The word need to be entered in a separate field in a query. Could any one help as to how to enter the code in the query? Thanking you Leo In the criteria I entered Like "VENOFER" Or "Venofer" It seems to work. Will it cause any problems down the line? In other wrods is this an acceptable procedure? "Leo" wrote: >...

IIF Query for Numeric Values in Text Field
I’m attempting to flag interest rate spread errors and omissions in a file from a sales database using IIF statements I adapted from another database (I’m a novice at this). The field I’m querying is text format and contains both alpha and numeric values. When I test for a null value the IIF works fine, but when I test for a numeric value I get an #ERROR. Spread Error1: IIf(([Tbl 1 Eligible Closed Deposit Opps Appended]!Spread Is Null),1,0) Spread Error2: IIf(([CCC Fall 2007 Eligible Products]![IB/NIB]="NIB" And [Tbl 1 Eligible Closed Deposit Opps Appended]!Spread<4),1,0...

Largest text box
Hi there! I have 3 text boxes on my form and I need to find the largest number among the three. I tried =max([txt1],[txt2],txt3]) but this is obviously wrong. How can I do this? Thanks for all help offered! With Me If .txt 1 > .txt2 And .tx1 > txt3 Then 'Txt1 is greatest ElseIf .txt2 > .txt1 And .txt2 > .txt3 Then 'Txt2 is greatest Else 'txt3 is greatest End If End With -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Johnny Bright" wrote: > Hi there! > > I have 3 text boxes ...

Converting incoming email to plain text
Hi Is there any way I can configure Xch 5.5 to convert all received SMTP email to plain text ? I can't find any option. Thanks Dave ...

Group/Category Permissions
We user MS Project Professional 2007 and Project Server 2007 in IT, and most IT staff have unlimited access to all projects. We also want to encourage non-IT power users to use Project and Project Server as well, but on a limited basis. I want to give those people the following permissions: (1) 'View Only' access to *all* projects (2) 'Edit' access to projects which they own or are a resource in (3) Restricted from using IT Resources in projects I pretty much have (2) covered with Groups/Categories, but I'm not sure how to affect (1) and (3). ...