How do I group objects and Word Art in Publisher?

I am creating a button and have our company logo along with a slogan that I
put in Word Art.  I would like to group these two items together so it will
be easier to move around as one object.  I have tried using the "select
object" tool and it will not let me group them. It just moves my objects
around and not as a group.
0
Falire (1)

I don't quite understand.
Do you have a border around your page? If so send it to the back and try
selecting your logo and WordArt again.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Falire" <Falire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am creating a button and have our company logo along with a slogan that I
> put in Word Art.  I would like to group these two items together so it will
> be easier to move around as one object.  I have tried using the "select
> object" tool and it will not let me group them. It just moves my objects
> around and not as a group.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

how do i create a certificate on publisher?
im using publisher 2003 and cannot find a certificate template. i need to create award certificates? please help? File, new... lots of templates in the program Many here as well http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011359411033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bronwan" <Bronwan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E81D715-D5A0-4E66-8320-47E412CCEC82@microsoft.com... > im using publisher 2003 and cannot find a certificate template. i need to > create award certificates?...

Publisher cannot open the file #9
Yesterday I saved a Publisher 2007 file. Today (on the same PC) I cannot re-open the file; I get an error message "Publisher cannot open the file.". Any suggestions? Having EXACT same problem! Error #1100009 Have tried articles 928890, 198256 and even a hot fix (would not run - came back with error 40) Please help! "Jim W" wrote: > Yesterday I saved a Publisher 2007 file. Today (on the same PC) I cannot > re-open the file; I get an error message "Publisher cannot open the file.". > Any suggestions? The hotfix was from article 972566 - retu...

microsoft publisher 2003 #2
When I copy from an outside source such as news article on internet, my copy comes up in a separate box when I paste. I have no problem copying & pasting from documents within publisher. Any suggestions? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from rick <rsafriet@yahoo.com>!"... > When I copy from an outside source such as news article > on internet, my copy comes up in a separate box when I > paste. I have no problem copying & pasting from documents > within publisher. Any suggestions? Try the options under Paste Special Failing t...

Email is not going to group of contact/account
Hi, I am facing problem while sending bulk emails using Direct email functionality to group of contacts/accounts. It simply does not send emails to respective contacts/accounts. I am not able to see any error with respect to same also. But whenever i send Direct email one by one to indivudual contact/account, it is going without any error. Would appreciate your help in this regard as i am having huge list of accounts/contacts and it is not possible for me to send individual email to them. Cheers :( Pooh ...

cannot shift objects off sheet, but also cannot find objects
Trying to hide columns gives error "cannot shift objects off sheet." Try as I might, I cannot find any objects in or near the offending columns; indeed, there are no objects on the entire sheet. I went to Tools>Options>View>Objects and selected "Show All," but still nothing appears. An easier way to see if there are any objects on a sheet is through F5-Special. Cell comments are objects too. Do you have any of them? -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "danielo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cff01c47b0d$f5a72620$a601280...

# of Systems on which Publisher can be installed
I'm thinking of getting Publisher and noticed that the trial evaluation pkg says it can be installed on up to four systems. Is that true for the full pkg (not the trial version)? I'm asking as the pkg is for a non-profit (I'm a volunteer) and was wondering: 1. how many systems can the full pkg be installed on? 2. is there a corporate/non-profit version that allows for multilple installs? Or price discount? Sorry if this is a "stupid question" but the trial verbiage has me confused. Appreciate any feedback. karen "klam" <klam@discussions.microsoft.c...

MS Publisher 'error message'
I have MS Publisher 98 and 2000 versions loaded on my laptop. I am unable to open a received .pub file and get this error message "The file is locked because it is currently being used by another program. Please close the other program and then try opening or importing the file again." No other program is/was opened at the time I get the error message. I've had the file saved as MS Publisher 98 and get the same error message... the same goes for MS Publisher 2000. So, how do I overcome this problem so that I may read the file documents? -- Appropriate response is always ap...

Publisher 2002 Windows Installer Update
"Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP]" <publisher@mvps.org> wrote in message news:OupmQBwHEHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > In news:1079c4f7q07qvb3@corp.supernews.com, > HooDoo <hoodoo67spambuffer@hotmail.com> posted: > Try doing a custom installation of Publisher 2002 and choosing to Run All > From My Computer, leaving all options checked (except for the Office > Assistant, unless you want it). This is assuming that you are seeing a > Publisher 2002 dialog install box. Otherwise, do the same thing using your > Office 2000 cd, by doing a custom install, choosin...

Publisher CD Key #2
I have previously installed Publisher and now when I try to open the program it asks me for my CD key. I do not have the jewel case that has the CD key on it anymore. What do I do now? Thanks. Bummer hey!!! Bill Gates urgently needs your money, go and buy the latest version. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" Hi Vince, Assuming you are in the US, call Microsoft at (425) 635-7056. It's not a toll-free number but they can get you up and running relatively quickly. The call may cost you a few bucks (under $5) for the call. I h...

How do I log in as administrator in to word 2007?
My problem is when I tryed to disable or delete some add ins word does not allow me and telling me that I should log in as administrator. I am already loged in as administrator and there is no other user accounts on my computer. How can I log in as administrator? Operating system win 7 and office 2007. I like to thank you in advance for answers. "Black Falcon" <Black Falcon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9599983A-97D2-4A10-9552-92EB071ABDCC@microsoft.com... > My problem is when I tryed to disable or delete some add ins word does > not ...

Help with Labels in Microsoft Word
Hello, I recently switched from a PC to a Mac. I am in the process of inputing addresses into Microsoft Word. I used the "Labels" option, but now I need to insert more addresses alphabetically to the existing document. I believe I can add on labels, but I cannot move labels over to keep everything alphabetically ordered. It is from my understanding that I have to put the new addresses into a new document and merge that with the existing document. Thus, my question is what are the instructions for a Mac user? Is there another way other than merging the documents? I am not too familar ...

Scroll Bar Disappears in Word 2003
After Quality Center and an Adobe update were installed, the scroll bars have disappeard from Word 2003. I can add them to each document by clicking on Tools, Options, etc. but I would rather the scroll bars were always there. How can I get the scroll bar to stay, instead of having to manually add it to each document? Thanks. Create a template in which you create the following macros Sub AutoNew() Application.DisplayScrollBars = True End Sub Sub AutoOpen() Application.DisplayScrollBars = True End Sub and save it in the Word Startup Folder. Then whenever you...

Pasting Address Labels in Word to Excel
I have a Word document that is formatted as address labels. I would like to take the data and insert it in columns of a spreadsheet. For exampl Joe Smit 123 Main Stree Anywhere, USA 1234 Would then get pasted into the following columns: first name, last name, street address, city, state, zip code. Can this be accomplished? Thanks for your help. You're not going to find a short answer. It all depends on how different your addresses look. What if you sometimes have a middle initial, or a two-word first name, or a Jr.? Are all your addresses in the US? Do any of them have the zip+4...

Extracting single word from string
Hi How can I extract the first word from a string regardless of if the string has one or more words in it? Thanks Regards On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 03:57:50 +0100, John wrote: > Hi > > How can I extract the first word from a string regardless of if the string > has one or more words in it? > > Thanks > > Regards = IIf(inStr([FullString]," ")>0, Left([FullString],InStr([FullString]," ")-1),[FullString]) -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail John, There is a simpler way, but this is what I use. C...

Can't Seem to Freely Move Group
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Many times, when I try to move an image/caption group vertically within a document, the group will insist on butting up against the top of the page it's on. I'm wondering what I can do, short of inserting a page break at that location, to force it to move down on the page? Turn off text-wrapping by designating objects to be placed either in front or back of text. That should allow you to move the group. ...

Put Entourage on send menu (word).
Hi group, Today i was trying to send a mail through Microsoft Word 2004, and on "send to" menu were just 2 options: Microsoft Power Point and Mail. I�ve selected "mail" and it opened the default mail program of the system, not the Entourage. How Can i set to open the Entourage?? Thanks, Rodolfo Fontes Go into apple's Mail program, and in Mail>Preferences, set the default email app to Entourage. It will still say Mail as HTML or Mail as Attachment in the menu, but it will call Entourage (as will mail-to links on the web). On 6/3/05 5:42 AM, "R...

How do I make an A5 document with text in 2 columns in Publisher?
I am trying to create an A5 brochure in landscape with 2 columns for text and spaces to add photos. I don't know how to do the columns or how to put in photos without upsetting the text. Any ideas? Adjust the wrap. It is the dog icon on the toolbar. Experiment with different wraps. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Emma at Capital Sport" <Emma at Capital Sport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:581317B6-1704-46F3-9E0D-3EDF18B69536@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create an A5 brochure in landscape with 2 columns for text and > spaces to ad...

Is Publisher XP compatible?
I have Windows XP on my computer and I have been using Microsoft Publisher 97 for several months without a problem. Recently I went to upgrade from Publisher 97 to Publisher 2000 and inserted the Publisher 2000 CD-Rom. In the middle of installation a message came up asking me to insert my Windows XP CD-Rom. The problem is that when I purchased my computer all of the software was already on it...I was never given an XP CD-Rom. All I have are the 4 System Recovery CD-Roms that the manufacturer supplied with the computer. Would these be what I need or is there some other problem th...

creating a church directory in publisher 2003, using data from acc
Am trying to catalog merge a query created in access to create a church directory. The snag I'm hitting has to do with keeping the records for a particular family from being printed in the next listing(there's 2 families per page). I had to use subforms in access in order to input the variable number of children names and birthdays. In doing so, the member's name and record number had to remain the same while the children's names and record numbers kept incrementing. Kinda scratching my head on this one. Any help would be appreciated. I'm almost positive the d...

How to Add Distribution Group to Address List
I am having difficutly adding a Distribution Group (DG) to an Address (AL) List. I want the AL to read, for example, Mem1, Mem2, Mem3, and MemAll where MemAll is an already defined Distribution Group of all three memebers. I attempt to add the DG to an AL named "Members" using Exchange System Manager. Going to Members properties -> Modify I check Users and Groups on the General tab. Under the Advanced tab I add a Group Field: "Group name (pre Windows 2000) starts with "MemAll" to the existing criteria . However, when I apply and/or preview the list all name...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

Importing a Word document, having probs
Never tried it before but i have a 4 page .doc file that i need to color seperate and some other things. i imported it into Publisher to see what I could do with it being i saw it had that feature to import. after it did, it only seemed to import 4 small graphics that were on the page and none of the text except for an address that was somewhere. It also gave me a 5th page for some reason. This isnt anything really complex, just a normal word file with text and images so what am I doing wrong? being ive never used the import .doc feature with Publisher, i could be overlooking some...

Can I sell my Word for Mac?
I purchased a copy of Word for Mac a few months ago for my wife's Macbook. She didn't like the Macbook, so we're selling it, and I'd like to uninstall Word and sell it separately. Can I sell it, and will the buyer have any problems installing it? You can sell it provided you pass over the product key and all the literature and the disk that came with it. The only problem the buyer will have is if YOU somehow "forget" to uninstall it. If that were to happen the buyer will find that his copy won't run at random times. Just to be totally technical, you have purc...

Upgrade ok for Publisher 97?
I currently have Microsoft Office XP Standard and Publisher 97 in my PC. Is it ok to get the Office Small Business Upgrade? I'm concerned as to whether I will get the most current Publisher program that comes with the upgrade. As long as you have Office XP, then yes, the upgrade will get you Publisher 2007. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "momatwork" <momatwork@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99FE6DC8-DEDE-4CF6-8D30-7E94D4BC6FEA@microsoft.com... >I currently have Mic...

Sometimes Word 2007 will not save a document
Most of the time Word saves documents as expected. Then it, for no reason I can see, will not autosave and ignores Crtl + S and does not respond if I click the Save button. If I close the document everything I entered since it was last saved is lost. Therefore I have to know that the save facility is not working in order to use Save As and create a new document with a different name. I am using Win7 Professional and I have seen posts from other people having the same problem. Can anyone suggest how to solve this problem which is very annoying? ...