How do I get the printer to start at a spicific page.

  Sometimes when printing pages for a 100 page book a page may jam. I try to
start printing from that page to the end. It always wants to start from the
first page instead of the 20th page.   How do I get the printer to start
printing from that page that was jammed and continue?
--
Thank You
0

Smitty wrote:
>  Sometimes when printing pages for a 100 page book a page may jam. I
> try to start printing from that page to the end. It always wants to
> start from the first page instead of the 20th page.   How do I get
> the printer to start printing from that page that was jammed and
> continue?
==================================
I guess you are using MS Publisher?

Maybe you are just advancing the pages in
your project to a certain page and then going
to print and expecting the printer to print from
that page? Sorry...it doesn't work that way.

If you go to...File / Print...on your Print screen...
There's a section called 'Print Range' where
you can enter the page number to begin and
end printing on.

--

******John Inzer********
**MS Picture It! MVP**

*****Digital Image******
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

*********Notice***********
This is not tech support
........I am a volunteer.......

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you.

Proceed at your own risk.

   Need a Web Host?
*******Consider********
Annex Technologies
http://www.annex.com/
**************************

0
oobie (2069)
11/19/2006 4:27:16 AM
Smitty wrote:
>   Sometimes when printing pages for a 100 page book a page may jam. I try to
> start printing from that page to the end. It always wants to start from the
> first page instead of the 20th page.   How do I get the printer to start
> printing from that page that was jammed and continue?

If you are saying from "20 to 100" (where 100 is the end", it will start
with page 1, as page 1 and 100 are on the same sheet of paper.

Try from 20 to 81.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
Ed Bennett wrote:
> If you are saying from "20 to 100" (where 100 is the end", it will
> start with page 1, as page 1 and 100 are on the same sheet of paper.
>
> Try from 20 to 81.
=====================
Excellent point!

Thank you,

--

******John Inzer********
**MS Picture It! MVP**

*****Digital Image******
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

*********Notice***********
This is not tech support
........I am a volunteer.......

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you.

Proceed at your own risk.

   Need a Web Host?
*******Consider********
Annex Technologies
http://www.annex.com/
**************************

0
oobie (2069)
Thank You

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Smitty wrote:
> >  Sometimes when printing pages for a 100 page book a page may jam. I
> > try to start printing from that page to the end. It always wants to
> > start from the first page instead of the 20th page.   How do I get
> > the printer to start printing from that page that was jammed and
> > continue?
> ==================================
> I guess you are using MS Publisher?
>
> Maybe you are just advancing the pages in
> your project to a certain page and then going
> to print and expecting the printer to print from
> that page? Sorry...it doesn't work that way.
>
> If you go to...File / Print...on your Print screen...
> There's a section called 'Print Range' where
> you can enter the page number to begin and
> end printing on.
>
> --
>
> ******John Inzer********
> **MS Picture It! MVP**
>
> *****Digital Image******
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
> *********Notice***********
> This is not tech support
> ........I am a volunteer.......
>
>  Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you.
>
> Proceed at your own risk.
>
>    Need a Web Host?
> *******Consider********
> Annex Technologies
> http://www.annex.com/
> **************************
>
>   Hi John
        I am using the file then printer window to set the page I want to
start my printing and even though I type it in to begin at a certain page it
still starts to print at page 1. When I continued after a page jammed it
continued and skiped the jamed front side and printed on the wrong side of
the page which threw the rest of the pages off.

0
OSmitty01 (5)
11/19/2006 11:37:01 PM
Hi Ed
   In this case the page I want to start on and the ending page are seperate.
--
Thank You

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Smitty wrote:
> >   Sometimes when printing pages for a 100 page book a page may jam. I try to
> > start printing from that page to the end. It always wants to start from the
> > first page instead of the 20th page.   How do I get the printer to start
> > printing from that page that was jammed and continue?
>
> If you are saying from "20 to 100" (where 100 is the end", it will start
> with page 1, as page 1 and 100 are on the same sheet of paper.
>
> Try from 20 to 81.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
OSmitty01 (5)

Access 2007 SP1
Dear all, the following message was posted several months ago on this newsgroup and on microsoft feedback page from access 2007 beta release ************************************************************************************* Dear all, in access 2007, I can click the "page setup" menu then the "page setup" button, and choose to print the report on a specific printer. However, after saving the report and re-opening it, he still prints on default printer. The specific printer setting is not saved with the report (this worked with all previous versions of access, it s...

How do I get my e-mail to be sent to Microsoft Outlook?
I have recently been introduced to Microsoft Outlook. My e-mail address is from comcast, and I am unsure of how to get my e-mail from my comcast e-mail address to appear on Outlook. Please help. Thank you. In general, comcast will have to support POP3 E-Mail (for E-Mail that you receive) and SMTP E-Mail (for E-Mail that you send) (there are some other formats supported as well, but POP3 and SMTP are the most common). Assuming that it does, you need to enter the proper parameters into outlook (basically server names, account IDs and logon passwords). Once you have done this, you ca...

Can not get Excel macros to save chart format -lost in space!
Help??? I've been searching this forum for 5 days trying to find a problem similar to what I am having without any luck. I have been trying to use Excel macro to record the creation, formating and saving of a simple bar chart against my Excel data range but the macros do not run for the chart. I am able to creat the charts okay but the macro craps out when I run it. I keep getting " Set ActiveChart = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(Chart1)" type errors as if it's not recognizing the chart that I just made. I am an advanced Excel person BUT not so with VB coding. ...

Get Free Certification Q&A and Latest dumps
Hello guys, Now you don't need to worry about passing the certification exam. Visit http://www.FreeExamking.com and get certifications questions and answers and latest dumps for 9i 10g 11i, ccna, ccnp, mcse, mcse 2003, mcts, mcp, a+, scbcd, db2 and many more. ...

How to insert a page break every 10 lines
Hi, I have been stumped on this one. I have been trying to write a macr for days on inserting a page break every 10 lines and haven't been abl to figure it out. I will have have to write a macro to insert a blan row every two lines. Thanks, Ev ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Eva, The following code will insert a page break every 10 rows. Change the values of StartRow and EndRow to meet your needs. Dim RowNdx As Long Dim StartRow As Long ...

Get part of the Address
I currently have the address City State and Zip all in one cell. What is the easiest way using code to separate City, State Zip into different cells? Thank You Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try using 'Data - Text to columns' for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "daniels012 >" <<daniels012.1b73pt@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:daniels012.1b73pt@excelforum-nospam.com... > I currently have the address City State and Zip all in one cell. > What is the easiest way using code to separate City, ...

Simple hack to get $2000 to your home.
Simple hack to get $2000 to your home at http://lifeisbeatiful.co.cc Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

How do I get rid of Adobe Reader icon?
I think after I installed acrobat reader 9 I started to get this red icon next to the print button that does "save this document as a PDF document". I don't like it, it annoys me, and I want rid of it. Removing it works but then it just reappears again next time I start up excel. Any other changes to my icons 'stick', but this little critter just won't go away. I tried uninstalling reader 9 but this didn't solve it. I can't find an option to get rid of it. Help!! Adobe Reader can't produce PDF files. Adobe Acrobat CAN. IF you want to remove ...

ActiveX Property Page OK button
I would like to know how can I trap ActiveX Property Page OK button event ? I want to do some checking of property controls before user clicks on activex property page OK button..please help. Thanx Ashish ...

adding cross-functional flowchart changes page-layout
i would like to add to a "landscape" page a stencil>flowchart>cross-functional flowchart shapes vertical. when adding it the page converse automatically to a "portrait" page, while it should remain "landscape" the same happens if I add cross-functional flowchart shapes horizontal to a "portrait" page. it changes into a "landscape" page. can I avoid this? thx, kjetil I can't think of a way to avoid having the page orientation switch to portrait when you drop the functional band shape out and pick vertical. Visio automatically cha...

Windows XP Start.wav / Start Navigation sound isn't working
Hello, and thank you for reading my post. For some time now, I noticed that my PC's "click sound", which normally appears while surfing in IE 6, wasn't working. I'd learned that I'd need to visit the Start Navigation sound in Control Panel-->Sounds and Audio Devices, and select Windows XP Start.wav...which I'd do, but it wouldn't stay in place as soon as I clicked on "Apply". Because of this issue, and others, too, I reinstalled a "clean" version of Windows XP SP2, and then upgraded it (&, by extension, IE 6) to SP3,...

If I press F9 I get error message "operation failed"
If I press F9 to download all messages I get error message "operation failed" but I can download messages from each email account manually using menu bar receive. Is there a remedy? ...

Money cannot start
Can anybody help me? I cannot start Money. There is an error when I open Money Deluxe 2004: Runtime error! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. In microsoft.public.money, Pham wrote: >Can anybody help me? I cannot start Money. There is an >error when I open Money Deluxe 2004: > Runtime error! > This application has requested the Runtime to terminate >it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's >support team for more information. > ...

How to get the certificate for an SSL server (HTTPS)???
Hi all, I do not belive it!! I tried to obtain the certificate for an SSL server (http connectio) but I cannot. I use "INTERNET_OPTION_SECURITY_CERTIFICATE" or "INTERNET_OPTION_SECURITY_CERTIFICATE_STRUCT", calling with InternetQueryOption (or CInternetSession::QueryOption). Dosen't matter what option I have the function fails and the result is allways ERROR_WINHTTP_INCORRECT_HANDLE_TYPE (The type of handle supplied is incorrect for this operation.). Knows anybody how can I do this? Knows someone a piece of code where InternetQueryOption realy runs? Or is ther...

Getting 'unspecified error' sending email with embedded image?
I'm using an email newsletter template in Word, and including image files. I cut and paste the final word version into Outlook, and send. When I format the images to appear in front of the text, and try to send as an email, I get a message 'unspecified error' and the email won't send. If I format the images behind the text, the email can be sent, but the images do not appear in the received email. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot, Judy ...

Jump to start of next row teaser
Hi, can anyone assist in telling me if there is either :- a) a shortcut key b) a macro c) none of the above but another solution to jumping to the beginning of a new row on pressing a key. For example, after completeing cell m10 can you press enter (or any other key) and the cursor will automatically go to cell a11, then after you get to m11 it jumps to a12 and so on? Just to make things a little trickier, I know you can do this using the protect worksheet etc function, but I also have the data filter running which doesn't work when the protect sheet function is on. If there is a macr...

How do I get my formula to stay the same
I have a worksheet to calculate 12 week averages, and every week I need to add a row, but my formulas automatically change so do not include the new row. What do I need to do to stop the formula changing everytime I insert a new row? Tell us the layout of the worksheet: what cells have data, what cell has average. Then we can be of more help Bernard "BertiesMum" <BertiesMum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF72CB7F-2866-47DF-AA47-909371817130@microsoft.com... >I have a worksheet to calculate 12 week averages, and every week I need to > add a row, b...

Get control of a Userform by the Name
I want to change the text of a form. I know the name of the form and the name of the control in it. How to get the control of a form if I know the Name? Below post refers to adding a form. But I already have a form, just need the control of that! http://groups.google.co.in/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/browse_thread/thread/beedb666e1d7a29b/f2df993ded867dd4?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=form+by+name#f2df993ded867dd4 Thanks a lot in advance Regards' Joe If you are talking about a VBA user from in VBA window press F4 (View properties window) and click on the control....

trying to start a service with VBScript on Win7
Hello: I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium. I have a service which is set to manual -- I only need to run it when I'm doing development and thus not take up resources. At any rate, none of the previous scripts I have, nor the samples from the ScriptCenter will start this script. When I try to make a batch file, from command line I get: [SC] StartService: OpenService FAILED 5: Access is denied. From searching on Google, I guess this is a permission problem but since the home premium flavor of Windows 7 doesn't come with GPEdit, I'm at a loss what to do. Is...

Is "Go To Page" the only way?
Hi there, I'm a 2007 Publisher newbie. I am used to the 2003 version & I really utilised the little pages you had at the bottom left of the screen to flick from page to page. I can't seem to find this option in 2007. I am currently changing pages via Edit/ Go to page.. which quite frankly is a PITA. Please someone tell me how to view my pages in a more user friendly way? Many thanks The sort option is missing from some Publisher 2007 applications. There is a registry fix here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs It is FAQ 6 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/...

getting rid of paragraph markers in word
I have these strange markers in word files, probably self imposed by not knowing what I was clicking. They dusappear in "print preview" and do not print. How do I turn them off? Thanks. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "sgsully" <sgsully@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18614E5D-F77A-49FB-89BB-BA041F15F20C@microsoft.com... >I have these strange markers in word files, probably self imposed by not &...

Sending publisher to professional printers
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with two concerns I have about sending a file to professional printers. The item I am trying to print is a A6 sized postcard. 1. I have a problem with my desktop printer when I test print the card as it chops of the bottom cm or so. However, I have set up the file with the exact shape the printers require (A6 size with a 3mm bleed in every direction). The file appears OK on the screen, and I assume that that is how a professional printer will make it look. Am I correct in thinking this? 2. A bigger issue is the file type. I ...

Get external data locks csv file
I have a scenerio where I am querying a csv file off from a network drive using excel. This file is appended with information written by another computer. When I import a text file using a database query with the microsoft text driver I intermittently experience a permission denied on the computer writing to this csv file. There is no need for excel to lock the csv file qhen querying (as I am not writing to the file). I modified the DSN file to add readonly=1 which did not work. How can I resolve this issue? Thanks for your help. Dustin ...

survey page
I am newto Access and am trying the following: I want to post a survey with option boxes. i would like the option boxes to be counted in a database so it can correlate the results. What is the best appraoch for this? Thank you for any help you can give me. Paul, NY On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:00:00 -0800, paulhthr <paulhthr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am newto Access and am trying the following: >I want to post a survey with option boxes. i would like the option boxes to >be counted in a database so it can correlate the results. >What is the best appraoch for this? &g...

Problems getting store to mount.
I had a storage group with 2 mailbox stores in it. I removed one of the stores permanently when I noticed that the other mailbox store was offline. When I tried mount the database I receive the following error: An internal processing error has occured. Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service, or both. ID no: c1041724 Exchange System Manager I've restared the server and still no luck. There is another Storage Group on the server with a mailbox store and it works fine. The other errors in the Application log that appear when I ...