How do I get the lines to stop printing in my pictures?

I am printing a brochure and I have lines going through my picutre. You can't
see them until you print the brochure. I have gone into the formatting
options and on color and lines I have taken out the lines but as soon as I
get out of the options the lines come back. How can I keep them out of the
picture?
0
Linda (109)

Could be your picture is corrupt. See if re-inserting it helps. Is your printer
driver current? Check with the manufacturer's web site.
What version Publisher? Is the brochure a template or are you creating from
scratch?

I am not sure this article is helpful in your situation, its worth a look.

Thin line is displayed and printed around the object when you apply a
combination of a border and a fill to the object in Publisher
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290911/en-us
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am printing a brochure and I have lines going through my picutre. You can't
> see them until you print the brochure. I have gone into the formatting
> options and on color and lines I have taken out the lines but as soon as I
> get out of the options the lines come back. How can I keep them out of the
> picture?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
5/17/2007 5:28:27 PM
Georgianna

I am having the same problem in printing a 2-sided program in color. I am
using Publisher 2003 and am sending it to a Ricoh Aficio MP C3500 copy
machine from my room in another part of the building. I have already started
from scratch.  Have even tried it by copying and pasting from Word 2003.  I
need a quick fix now!!!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Could be your picture is corrupt. See if re-inserting it helps. Is your printer
> driver current? Check with the manufacturer's web site.
> What version Publisher? Is the brochure a template or are you creating from
> scratch?
>
> I am not sure this article is helpful in your situation, its worth a look.
>
> Thin line is displayed and printed around the object when you apply a
> combination of a border and a fill to the object in Publisher
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am printing a brochure and I have lines going through my picutre. You can't
> > see them until you print the brochure. I have gone into the formatting
> > options and on color and lines I have taken out the lines but as soon as I
> > get out of the options the lines come back. How can I keep them out of the
> > picture?

Is your driver current?
http://www.ricoh-usa.com/downloads/downloads.asp?tsn=Ricoh-USA&path=http://support.ricoh.com/bb/html/dr_ut_e/rc2/model/mp35/mp35en.htm

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Georgianna" <Georgianna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Georgianna
>
> I am having the same problem in printing a 2-sided program in color. I am
> using Publisher 2003 and am sending it to a Ricoh Aficio MP C3500 copy
> machine from my room in another part of the building. I have already started
> from scratch.  Have even tried it by copying and pasting from Word 2003.  I
> need a quick fix now!!!
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Could be your picture is corrupt. See if re-inserting it helps. Is your
>> printer
>> driver current? Check with the manufacturer's web site.
>> What version Publisher? Is the brochure a template or are you creating from
>> scratch?
>>
>> I am not sure this article is helpful in your situation, its worth a look.
>>
>> Thin line is displayed and printed around the object when you apply a
>> combination of a border and a fill to the object in Publisher
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am printing a brochure and I have lines going through my picutre. You
>> >can't
>> > see them until you print the brochure. I have gone into the formatting
>> > options and on color and lines I have taken out the lines but as soon as I
>> > get out of the options the lines come back. How can I keep them out of the
>> > picture?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
5/18/2007 4:44:04 PM
I have taken the picture out and even used a different picture and the line
is always there. I did go to the article you pointed me to and it seemed to
work for awhile but now it's doing it again. I need a fix. Thanks for your
help.

Linda

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Could be your picture is corrupt. See if re-inserting it helps. Is your printer
> driver current? Check with the manufacturer's web site.
> What version Publisher? Is the brochure a template or are you creating from
> scratch?
>
> I am not sure this article is helpful in your situation, its worth a look.
>
> Thin line is displayed and printed around the object when you apply a
> combination of a border and a fill to the object in Publisher
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am printing a brochure and I have lines going through my picutre. You can't
> > see them until you print the brochure. I have gone into the formatting
> > options and on color and lines I have taken out the lines but as soon as I
> > get out of the options the lines come back. How can I keep them out of the
> > picture?

0
Linda (109)
5/22/2007 8:08:01 PM
Maybe a detect and repair? It is found in the help menu. Might try "save my
settings." It is found by Start, Microsoft Office Tools.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

>I have taken the picture out and even used a different picture and the line
> is always there. I did go to the article you pointed me to and it seemed to
> work for awhile but now it's doing it again. I need a fix. Thanks for your
> help.
>
> Linda
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Could be your picture is corrupt. See if re-inserting it helps. Is your
>> printer
>> driver current? Check with the manufacturer's web site.
>> What version Publisher? Is the brochure a template or are you creating from
>> scratch?
>>
>> I am not sure this article is helpful in your situation, its worth a look.
>>
>> Thin line is displayed and printed around the object when you apply a
>> combination of a border and a fill to the object in Publisher
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am printing a brochure and I have lines going through my picutre. You
>> >can't
>> > see them until you print the brochure. I have gone into the formatting
>> > options and on color and lines I have taken out the lines but as soon as I
>> > get out of the options the lines come back. How can I keep them out of the
>> > picture?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

All my Reminders are gone? Is there a way to get them back?
All my Reminders are gone? Is there a way to get them back? Some backup folder or something? I am sharing this computer, so I don't really know what happened. Thanks Did someone turn the Reminder option off? If so, you can turn it back on for future reminders but past due reminders are dismissed forever. Look in Tools, Options, Other, Advanced, Reminder options - you need display the reminder checked. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: ...

CRMv3 Reports suddenly stopped working
CRMv3 was set up months ago and has been working fine until a few days ago when a user alerted me that they were getting the standard "Error Check with Sys Admin" message when they tried to access Reports. EVERYTHING appears to be set up correctly - ODBC, the Reporting Config ... I even reinstalled the Reporting service. I have tracing turned on and can see errors occurring but I do not know how to interpret what I see. Also, as a result of playing with this for a few days I managed to get my server to start throwing 107 Events (Report Server Windows Service (MSSQLSERVER) ...

Error "Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working."
I am runing Microsoft Office Professional 2007 on Vista Home Premium. All programs work perfectly (including Outlook) except every time I close Outlook I get the following message. "Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working." "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." When I click on Close Program, the error box goes away. Other than the error message upon closing Outlook, the program works fine. I have run the office diagnostics and inbox repair tool to no effect. Any...

Deleting Sales Receipts
I need to reduce my db size... Many have posted about the Retail Realms archiving utility. This sounds like a great app, but since I'm somewhat familiar with the db schema in RMS and know SQL, I would like to attempt it on my own. Has anyone tried removing sales history through SQL? What tables should be cleared, does anyone have a script that they use? I understand that a backup should be made prior to any changes :) Paul Paul, To see what tables are taking up all the space run this query: ------------------------- SELECT [total size KB], B.rows, O.name FROM (select sum(convert(de...

How to get info filled in automatically
I make a roster for my work with multiple items for each person. An example of what I am looking to do: In cell A1, I have a drop down menu with all employee's names. Cell B1 is for their ID number and cell C1 is for their radio ID #. I wanted to see if their was a way for when I select a name in the drop down menu of A1 for B1 and C1 to automatically fill with that employees' respective ID numbers? Hi Let's say you have a list of employees with their relevant numbers on Sheet2 in cells A2:Cxxx With your dropdown list in cell A2 of Sheet1, enter the followin...

Printing postcards in Publisher #4
Using Pub2002. WindowsXp. I am trying to print postcards using Publisher. The postcard comes 4/page and the page dimensions are 8.5 x 12. Postcard dimensions are 4.25" x 6". No borders. What's the question? -- Don Vancouver, USA "babygirlnerd" <babygirlnerd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9E97C14-3115-4397-B389-C34CA7B68864@microsoft.com... > Using Pub2002. WindowsXp. I am trying to print postcards using Publisher. > The postcard comes 4/page and the page dimensions are 8.5 x 12. Postcard > dimensions are 4.25" x 6". ...

batch printing word documents
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to batch print word documents? Thanks. First of all, you will need to create a desktop printer, i.e. a shortcut for your printer which sits on your desktop. Look it up in Mac Help, accessible from the Finder's help menu; I can't give you any details since the method to do that varies quite a lot depending on your operating system (though it is surprisingly easy and intuitive in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard). Once you've created a desktop printer, simply drag all the Word documents you intend to print onto the desktop printer icon. On 29/11/2007 2:58, in arti...

>> Stop sharing a workbook
Hi, I have a shared workbook. I now want to stop sharing this workbook so that I can make some alterations to its design. I have tried to use the method described in online help to turn off the sharing. But when I clear the checkbox, respond 'yes' to the warning, the workbook remains shared and, when I re-open the share workbook dialog, the checkbox to allow changes by others is still ticked/checked. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated :-) Thanks Jonathan I can't reproduce this in Excel 2002, and I can't find anything about it in the MS Knowledge Base. On Mon, 18 O...

Microsoft works stopped working
when I try to open my works and a new document it says it has stopped working and will contact me if it finds a solution. I'm stuck ...

Runtime Error LIne 297
I just set up a brand new Dell computer with Outlook 2003 as the mail program. Everytime the user opens the mailbox, she gets the following error: A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to debug? Line 297 The debug opens, but I don't know what to do with it after that. Has anyone else worked through this? Any suggestions? ...

How to get rid of the gridline? #2
cool! thanks man -- slam ----------------------------------------------------------------------- slamm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1501 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26636 ...

updates wont install get error message 643 & 636
how do I install them stella wrote: > how do I install them Which updates (listed by KB######)? What Operating System? What Service Pack level is your Operating System? What architecture is your Operating System (32-bit or 64-bit?) What antivirus software do you utilize? What firewall software do you utilize? What antispyware software do you utilize? What is your backup plan like (backups of your important data to external media)? What have you tried in order to resolve your issue so far? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://...

getting updated info from pivot tables
Hi everyone, I created a pivot table with months as column and sum of clients an sum of members as rows. I take the last month and Grand total number to another table I use for reporting. Is there a formula that I ca use to tell the table to get the last month (grand total - 1) and gran total numbers so when I update the pivot I dont have to change the othe table all the time. Thanks for the help, Marco -- marksuz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- marksuza's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=265 View this ...

how to reduce print time
I am printing name badges from publisher. I have a graphic and very little text on them. It takes over 45 minutes for the first page to print. What can I do to remedy this? If the graphic is a gradient it will slow the print down. Is your printer driver current? Have you looked at the support documents on the web site of your printer manufacturer? What version Publisher are you using? Take a look at the printers preferences. Right-click your printer in the printer folder, properties, Advanced tab. There are options you can try to speed up the printing. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.o...

combination stacked column and line data
Help. I've been asked to create a chart that has two sets of data that are stacked (columns) and 5 sets of data that display in line format. Is this an option in Excel. I can do a columan and a line but can't seem to add more than that. I'm using Excel 97 (but have access to Excel 2003). Please and thanks. Don't spend a lot of time looking for every last permutation in the "built in custom" chart types. What you probably want isn't there, but it's easy to roll your own type. Make a chart with all data plotted in one format (probably line, so you ha...

Why picture is missing
I added several picutures in one of my files using publisher 2003. When I save one of the pictures seem to be missing all the time. It's not just when I save, when I leave the file out for a while the picture will be lost, too. Please help, thanks Angelinrose T Le It's your video driver. Go to the manufacturer's web site and look around for an updated driver. Meanwhile, slide the acceleration down on your adapter, see if that helps. Control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msa...

Vb macro stops when I try to create more than 89 charts
I created an Excel2002 VB macro that manipulates some data in different ways then it creates charts of the certain parts of data that I extracted. Every time when the macro is trying to create the 90th chart the macro stops (the VB Editor still says that the macro is running but nothing happen). When I press the pause or the stop button the Excel closes without any warning. Is there a limitation on how many charts I can create, or is something to do with my computer memory (and if that is the problem any suggestions on how to re-write the procedures to manage the memory better?) I have...

Excel range truncates when Pasted as Picture to PPT & Word
Hi... I have been trying to copy an Excel Spreadsheet into PPT, but have had problems. In order to solve it, I created new .xls and .ppt files to create a test, but got the same problems... The following steps recreate the problem: 1) In a blank spreadsheet, I placed a single number in each cell, starting at A1 and going across to AS, until there are 1 through 45 across. Format them in some way... say Red text with an underline. 2) Set the width of all the columns to 2.00 (0.11 inches). 3) Select A1:AS 4) Copy (or Add to Scrapbook) -- The result is the same with both. 5) From Scrapb...

Getting duplicate records, can't figure out why!
I'm creating a database to track inventory movements for reserve calculation purposes. I start out with two tables, Inv Mov and Inv Bal. From Inv Mov, I create a Query "Initial Movements" as a filter. When I run this query, all looks good. I create a new query, "Transaction Summary" that joins fields "P/N" from table "Inv Bal" and Query "Initial Movements". When I run this second query, every record is duplicated. I can't figure out why, and I'm trying to eliminate this. Here's the SQL: SELECT [Inv Bal Eco].[P/N], ...

I have cox cable no phone line, And Eatel Phones
I would love to have outlook express but I only have cox cable and Eatel phone line so there is no way to get it if so please let me know. Barbara Alexie <Barbara Alexie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would love to have outlook express but I only have cox cable and > Eatel phone line so there is no way to get it if so please let me > know. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. OE will work fine with Cox cable. -- Brian Tillman ...

Lotus 123 print, formula, format, ect
How can I get Excel to emulate Lotus 123 commands such as: print range, + - (formula) range, move information and calulatons. ...

adding lines of code to a macro to delete rows
Hello: As the last step of a macro that I have written, I need all rows at the end of this spreadsheet to be deleted. (The rows at the end of the spreadsheet have bogus data, and I need to get rid of all of those rows and leave just rows of "real" data--long story short.) Specifically, the row after the last row of "real" data is a cell in column A that simply contains the word "Grand". How do I put in code at the end that says "delete all rows at the end of this spreadsheet beginning with this last row that contains just the word 'G...

Getting total sales by customer
Hi, I need to find the total sales for a customer, I have tried the Group by function but it just groups the company name in ascending order. My fields are: Client_Name, Rep, InvoicePeriod, InvoiceYear, Total I will also need to group by Invoice Period in relevant year. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance. Charlotte You can't group by customer since you don't list a customer field. -- Duane Hookom MS Access MVP "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47F4A6AC-2594-4A59-BB4E-1090A20B424C@microsoft....

date is in 20010129 format, how can I get it in m/d/y format
-- jsanders Data>text to column, go to step three and select date and YMD and for future posts it's considered rude just using the subject line Regards, Peo Sjoblom With the value 20010129 in cell A1, enter this formula in B1: =DATEVALUE(MID(A1,5,2)&"/"&RIGHT(A1,2)&"/"&LEFT(A1,4)) and the format the cell as a date. The various functions parse the 20010129 string into its components, and the DATEVALUE converts that string to a datevalue that Excel can recognize. ...

Envelope Printing
I created a card in publisher but cannot find an envelope to put it in. Is there a program that can print fold marks for a 5.5 x 4.25 card. If not, how can one effectively suggest that this feature be included in Publisher? FYI, most any Office Supply stores have envelopes the size you want. They are made especially for computer 8�"x11" (folded) cards. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ECA654F-A727-4968-8D60-C5B6F687A989@microsoft.com... >I created a card in publis...