How do I get rid of/refresh the browsed pages links in the hyperli

It's driving me nuts just to find one link. Ig I could clear it up once in a
while that would be cool. thanks for the help. :)

In Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, delete files.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"adumbledore" <adumbledore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It's driving me nuts just to find one link. Ig I could clear it up once in a
> while that would be cool. thanks for the help. :)

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Referencing and page breaks
Hi, I have a big document where I am cross-referencing several tables, figures,etc. For reasons I cannot understand Word sometimes add a page break after a corss-reference filed. Is there anyway to prevent this? Also, I sometimes need to cross-reference several objects at once, e.g. Tables 1 to 4. Word only allows the cross reference to be lable and number ("Table 1"), but only the number is not an option, as I would like. Can this be done. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks, -- Susana 1. Make sure you haven't gotten a page break inside the...

how can i get bigger letters
i cannot see the letters very well can i enlarge them Yes. Use the Zoom tool (location depends on your version of Word... an essential piece of information you didn't mention in your question). Or, if you have a wheel mouse, Ctrl+Wheel zooms. -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word Bible Blog: http://word.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.herbtyson.com "rabburns" <rabburns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A4DB522-4044-47D2-8FB3-33F18FE3D214@microsoft.com... > i cannot see the letters very well can i enlarge them ...

Line splits across 2 pages
In one of my access reports I have there is one line that splits across to pages where the top of the letters appear on page 1 and the bottom of the letters appear on page 2 Any idea why it happens and how to avoid it? Thank you, Samuel Samuel wrote: > In one of my access reports I have there is one line that splits > across to pages where the top of the letters appear on page 1 and the > bottom of the letters appear on page 2 > > Any idea why it happens and how to avoid it? > > Thank you, > Samuel Go into design mode and shorten that line. -- Joseph Mee...

Link to an image
Is it possible to make a link from a cell to an image so that it would not open in a new window, but would show as a pop up? Thanks Kalevi See if one of these methods works for you: To read picture files directly from their folder location and display them in the workbook see the ShowFilePicsDemo file at: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#CH0003 Or.... To store the pictures in your workbook...then display them by changing a cell value: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html Is that something you can work with? -------------------------- Regards, Ron (XL2003, Win ...

How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each data set?
How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each data set? On Jul 20, 5:26 am, libertyforall <r...@royhuff.com> wrote: > How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each > data set? Hi libertyforall, have a look at Jon Peltier's beatiful site, especially: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Have fun, cheers Michael ...

Slow network drive response when browsing for attachments
I am running Office 2003 under Windows 2000 on a LAN containing shared network drives. Using conventional means to access the contents of these drives (i.e. Windows Explorer) yields a quick response, but when using the Select attachment dialog in Outlook there is a significant delay (2 mins plus). Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? Dave. ...

Excel 2003 Viewer: No more "Browse in same window" IE functionality?
With Excel viewer '97, by going into the file associations in explorer, you could modify the '.xls' entry and choose 'browse in same window'. In IE, this would then launch the excel attachment in the same window. After installing the recently released Excel Viewer 2003, the 'browse in same window' checkbox is greyed out. Is this a feature that was dropped in the new release? If so, is there any registry hack I can use to re-enable it? I'd really like to have the old functionality in the new version...without it, I can't push out the new version. Any hel...

How do I get XML in a string loaded into a dataset?
Using VB.net I have a string var (myXMLString) that contains some XML (gotten via a web service that returns xml) I want to load this xml into a dataset (myDataSet). But the myDataSet.ReadXML() method doesn't take a string as one of its overloads. If I write myXMLString to a file, then I can read it into myDataSet, but I want to skip that step. How can I load a string of XML directly into a DataSet? Thanks, Kevin "Kevin Thomas" <SendSpamHere@Spam.com> wrote in message news:ecPiogEJFHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > But the myDataSet.ReadXML() method doesn&#...

get rid of empty nodes

getting value from a cell into another cell behind a text string
Hi, I'd like to know how to get a value from a cell into another behind a text string by using a formula. For example, A B 1 20 Result (20) Thanks, Xianbo Use formatting Pull-down Format > Cells... > Number > Custom and the the field enter: "Result ("General")" The advantage of using formatting is that the cell can still be used for calculations -- Gary''s Student "Xianbo" wrote: > Hi, > > I'd like to know how to get a value from a cell into another behind a text > string by using a formula. Fo...

"How does Money Get These Numbers?"
Hi! I know that there's a link to a rather vague answer for the above question in Microsoft Money, when it comes to how Money calculates existing data to crunch trended/budgeted items or spread a trended budget item across the cash forecast graph. The help entry shrugs it off like "Money uses your existing data." Duh. Does anyone have ideas of EXACTLY how Money totals and divides your existing budget items to create a budget entry? Does it add the value up and total by the number of months you've recorded? (My experiments don't line up close enough for me to be sure that...

how do i get to the back page of a postcard on publisher?
I'm new to using publisher and I picked a postcard as my newest project and I can't get to the other side of it...do i have to make a whole other postcard to do the other side? From the menu bar, select Insert, Page. -- Don Vancouver, USA "rach" <rach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5ADEC20-3C30-4CF4-812D-782E06CDA213@microsoft.com... > I'm new to using publisher and I picked a postcard as my newest project > and I > can't get to the other side of it...do i have to make a whole other > postcard > to do the other side? ...

Linking .xls into AutoCad
I'm aware that it's possible to link Excel into AutoCad using OLE, but it's slow, cumbersome, and hard to manage in AutoCad. Is there a faster, simpler, more AutoCad friendly way to do this? Specific application is taking Electrical Panel schedules from xls to dwg and having the dwg automatically update whenever the xls are updated. Any/all suggestions greatfully appreciated! Carina greetings.... i was wondering if anyone could direct a young programmer towards decent method of exporting a table of points to a series of lines i autocad. im well familiar with excel, b...

How do I convert email addresses to clickable links? #2
I have imported a column of email address. How do I make them clickable links to email. -- Rick Wetzel Rick, Highlight the range you wish to add email addresses to, then, switch to your VBE environment by pressing Alt-F11 and go to Immediate Pane by pressing Control-G and enter the following command for each rng in selection:rng.hyperlinks.add rng,"mailto:" & rng:next http://HelpExcel "Rick Wetzel" wrote: > I have imported a column of email address. How do I make them clickable > links to email. > -- > Rick Wetzel ...

Linked Table Add In
Greetings, I am maintaining anumber of Access 97 databases (Ueah, I know -Upgrade. Will happen soon) All DBs are Front End Pointing to back ends. There is one major backend and several others. Typically, when I am working on a FE, the first thing I do is point it to a "not live" copy of the main backend. That way I can play. I do this many times a week. The real BE is on the network. The Dummy BE is on my computer. Have there been any cases of the Link Table manager NOT making a change event though it said it has? I always check the AFTER of this operation and make su...

Outlook consumes Page File...
Hi there, When I go to use Outlook, it goes and slowly increases the usage of the Page File to the point where the machine becomes extremely slow. The computer otherwise is fine, it's just when I use Outlook from Office XP that it does this. I tried starting Outlook Safe Mode and still does the same thing. How can I fix this? Thanks, Gordon Gordon J. Rattray <gords@shaw.ca> wrote: > When I go to use Outlook, it goes and slowly increases the usage of > the Page File to the point where the machine becomes extremely slow. > > The computer otherwise is fine, it...

The easiest way to get free cash!
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>Hi all,</P> <P>I became a member of an interesting free website that is totally unique. It actually rewards its members for learning! You can learn lots of important things and earn rewards taking fun quizzes, plus earn cash for other activities! Membership is free, and people of all ages and educational backgrounds everywhere can become members and participate at their own level. It�s called �It P...

Linking customer number format to a cell
Is it possible to link a custom number format to a cell within a workbook? Currently I have the number format #,##0.0"m (forecast)";(#,##0.0)"m (forecast)";-"m (forecast)" used extensively throughout a workbook I want to change the text after each number to "m (actual)". I will be changing the text on a monthly basis. Currently I have to manually change the format each month. Not that I know, but if you use styles, as in Word, you could do this in one step as opposed to changing every single cell. -- Regards, Juan Pablo Gonz�lez Excel MVP &quo...

Getting default Outlook email address
I'm writing a .NET app which will run on a local workstation where Outlook 2003 is installed. I simply want to get the default email address of the current user. I've figured out how to get a MAPI- style address (OU=etc) but all I want is the plain-jane address (me@here.com). Here's how I get the MAPI address: Dim oApp As New Outlook.Application Dim oNS As Outlook.NameSpace = oApp.GetNamespace("MAPI") Dim oRec As Outlook.Recipient = oNS.CurrentUser Dim sMapiAddressHere As String = oRec.Address Any help is greatly appreciated. To get the SMTP address from an Excha...

Getting straight lines in a best fit trendline of semi log data?
Thanks in advance for any light you can shed. I have been asked to create a graph that looks like this: http://www.jci.org/cgi/content/full/98/2/490/F4 It is a semi-log representation of a time series. I have created a spreadsheet here: http://ccbc.unc.edu/documents/logarithmic_test_graph.xls As you can see, the trendlines are curved. I have serched the archives but I'm missing a basic understanding of what to do. For example, the TREND function just gave me a specific value. If anyone can tell me how to make my clunky graph resemble the spiify published one, you will save both my...

Homepage Quick Links for Fixed Assetss Windows
Similar to other GP windows, the fixed assets windows should be allowed to be added to a user's homepage as a Quick Link. -- Haiden Turner Winged Disc Technologies, LLC Dallas, Texas ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Business...

Add Page Numbers to PDF
I am looking to progammatically add page numbers to a PDF using VBA. I create a multi-page PDF using various Excel reports. The PDF then needs to be numbered sequentially. I have been able to research and find code to add a watermark to the PDF, but, no luck on page numbering. I am using Excel 2007 and Acrobat 9. Code Example: Sub WatermarkPDF() Dim bolResult As Boolean Dim pdfDoc1 As AcroPDDoc Dim jsObj As Object Set pdfDoc1 = CreateObject("AcroExch.PDDoc") If pdfDoc1.Open("C:\Test\Ranges\Reports\Custom_Merged.pdf") Then ...

A0 page size | PP slow
Dear all, I am working on an A0-sized poster in PP, and PP is getting really slow? What to do? Can I clear undo history or something like that? Thanks Benjamin Hi Benjamin, Yes you can reduce the number of undo's and recent files displayed, but I'm not sure that will help with the "slows". How large is the saved file? Bill Dilworth "benjamin.friedrich" <benjamin.friedrich@gmail.com> wrote in message news:507e8462-7b3b-4c27-b078-a22ff359eba6@q29g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Dear all, > > I am working on an A0-sized pos...

Page Numbers #3
Is there a way to get page numbers in a workbook to run consecutively from one sheet to the next? If you select multiple sheets, then print, Excel will consecutively # the pages. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get page numbers in a workbook to run >consecutively from one sheet to the next? >. > If I understand correctly, you can do this in the header/footer . You can insert the function and it will automatically number your pages. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get page numbers in a workbook to run >consecutively from one sheet ...

Repeated Columns Don't look same on all pages...
I have 1 repeated column that I print on every page. One of the rows on this repeated column bleeds into the next column which is what I want on my header. Unfortunantely this bleeded cell does not print on every page except for the 1st page. The other pages it gets cut off at the cell it is in. Is there anyway to make it print fully on each page. I tried making this row a row to print on every page but that did not work either, it still gets cut off. Does my question make sense? could it be that there is a space bar entry in the adjacent column. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Softwar...