In Publisher 2003, table grid lines, text box borders and autoshape borders
have become invisible on-screen, although they do print out. Any ideas on how
to remedy this?
Recently installed Adobe PDF Maker which seems to have precipitated this,
although it could be entirely co-incidental.
0
co (7)

Try updating your video drivers.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ackerman & Co" <Ackerman & Co@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Publisher 2003, table grid lines, text box borders and autoshape
> borders
> have become invisible on-screen, although they do print out. Any ideas on
> how
> to remedy this?
> Recently installed Adobe PDF Maker which seems to have precipitated this,
> although it could be entirely co-incidental.

0
jl_paules (2768)
6/30/2006 3:36:18 PM
Read the third FAQ here:
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs

Check to see if you have high contrast enabled, Control Panel, Accessibility
Options, Display tab.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Ackerman & Co" <Ackerman & Co@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Publisher 2003, table grid lines, text box borders and autoshape borders
> have become invisible on-screen, although they do print out. Any ideas on how
> to remedy this?
> Recently installed Adobe PDF Maker which seems to have precipitated this,
> although it could be entirely co-incidental.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/30/2006 4:09:56 PM
Thanks for the advice - seems to have worked.
Cheers!!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Read the third FAQ here:
> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
>
> Check to see if you have high contrast enabled, Control Panel, Accessibility
> Options, Display tab.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Ackerman & Co" <Ackerman & Co@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In Publisher 2003, table grid lines, text box borders and autoshape borders
> > have become invisible on-screen, although they do print out. Any ideas on how
> > to remedy this?
> > Recently installed Adobe PDF Maker which seems to have precipitated this,
> > although it could be entirely co-incidental.

Good, thanks for posting back, it is appreciated.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Thanks for the advice - seems to have worked.
> Cheers!!
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Read the third FAQ here:
>> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
>>
>> Check to see if you have high contrast enabled, Control Panel, Accessibility
>> Options, Display tab.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Ackerman & Co" <Ackerman & Co@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > In Publisher 2003, table grid lines, text box borders and autoshape borders
>> > have become invisible on-screen, although they do print out. Any ideas on
>> > how
>> > to remedy this?
>> > Recently installed Adobe PDF Maker which seems to have precipitated this,
>> > although it could be entirely co-incidental.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

outlook .pst files appear empty
I have been trying to open, import, and even restore backup for a .pst file I made before reinstalling Windows on my computer. The import seems to work correctly but nothing changes. What is happening. I tried to install them on another computer running the same version of Outlook and the same thing. The file size is large enought to tell me something is there but........I don't know what to do. So if you open the files in Outlook using File | Open | Outlook Data File (command may vary if you're using an older version), you still get empty files in your Folder List? -- Jo...

How do I get the From line to appear in the message header?
Our home laptop has two e-mail addresses and I want the Sender or 'from' line to show above the 'To' line in the message header. This is so I can pick which sender is sending the e-mail (myself or the other user). I went to View/Message Header but it only has Bcc. Can anyone help? It is Microsoft Outlook 200 SR-1 Hi, To show the "From" field in your email message, follow the appropriate steps below. If you are using the Microsoft Outlook e-mail editor On the View menu, click From Field. If you are using Microsoft Word as your e-mail editor ...

how to get top most *visible* window?
Hi, How can I get top most window in Z order on the system which is visible only ? My application shows a top most window. Here is my code to get top most window where I used GetWindow function to get top most window relative to my window hMyTopMostWindow. HWND hSystemTopMostWindow = GetWindow(hMyTopMostWindow, GW_HWNDFIRST); while (!IsWindowVisible(hSystemTopMostWindow)) { hSystemTopMostWindow = GetWindow(hSystemTopMostWindow, GW_HWNDNEXT); } Using above code serves my purpose but not feasible to use it when I am using it in iterative calls. Is thers any window function that does same thi...

how do I create custom line patterns in Visio?
I have just begun using Visio as diagrammatic tool, but I cannot seem to get customised line patterns to work for dynamic connector. ...

Remove GUID in email Subject Line in v1.2
How do I remove the GUID in the subject line of emails in v1.2? I see this KB at MS http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829459 but it references CRM 1.0 only and the date of my Crmemaildispatch.dll file is later than the one in their hotfix. Can anyone give me some pointers? Follow those guidelines for setting the registry setting indicated. The hook to look for this is in the 1.2 dll already. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Stewart Arnold" <stewartarnold@DELETEIT.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4knmf.6410$L7.831@fe12.lga... How do I remov...

Cells get automatically converted
I want to store installment details of employees in the format: 9/15, 10/15 etc.. These are text values and are transferred via .NET application to Excel. But it considers it a date and so converts 9/15 to 15-Sep, 10/15 to 15-Oct. I even searched for options to disable this, but could not find it. Please help switching this off. In message 1190896904.756552.247560@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com, RP <rpk.general@gmail.com> Proclaimed from the tallest tower: > I want to store installment details of employees in the format: 9/15, > 10/15 etc.. These are text values and are transferre...

Using OleDB to get data from Excel
Hi people! I'm using OleDbDataReader to get rows one-by-one from Excel sheet. The code I'm using to do this: oConn = new OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + name + ";Extended Properties=\"Excel 8.0;HDR=YES;IMEX=1;\""); oConn.Open(); OleDbCommand oCmd = new OleDbCommand("SELECT * FROM [Sheet1$]", oConn); OleDbDataReader oReader = oCmd.ExecuteReader(); while (oReader.Read()) { //array to store current row object[] rowValues = new object[oReader.FieldCount]; oReader.GetValues(rowValues); ...

Get display name of execuatable
Hello, Suppose that I have an executable, word.exe, which isn't currently running. I know the path to the executable, C:\Applications\word.exe for example. Now I would like to know the name of this exectuable, as it is displayed in the start menu and in application lists and windows, i.e. Microsoft Word. How could I do this with VBScript? I have been searching the 'net, but haven't found an answer yet. -- Mark Economy-x-Talk Custom Software Solutions Services: http://economy-x-talk.com Download: http://www.color-converter.com Download: http://www.sale...

How can we get rid of the "Save" pop up box at the end of application?
Whenever the user closes the excel sheet, it pops up an "save?" pop up. Is there a way to get rid of this? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It should only ask that question if it thinks you have altered data on the sheet. The only way around this is to write a macro and place a button on the sheet that would close the sheet with one click without asking to save it first. You may be able to use an auto_Run macro to tell the sheet that you have already saved it and don' ask again. If you know how to do macros, the magic code is. sub CloseSheet() acti...

Line graphs with many lines
I am trying to figure out how to make a graph where I can have toe population as the y axis and the date as the x axis. The lines I want series a to be "2004" and b to be "2005". Anyone got any ideas? In A1 enter the text Date and in cells below enter the date values; in C1 enter the text Series A values and the values below; likewise in column C enter the Series B values. Lets say there are 10 values; select A1:C11 and click the chart wizard. Specify an XY type chart. Done best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "...

Combined charts
"How do I change the format of a data series in a chart from a line to a column?" On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 06:26:10 -0800, Kurt Bonner = <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > "How do I change the format of a data series in a chart from a line to= a = > column?" Select the data series by clicking on it. On the menu, click Chart | = Chart type | select a column chart. If you do this as instructed (i.e. = with the data series selected), only the selected data series will = change. The other data series will remain as before. -- = Dave dvt at psu do...

Re: Double Spacing
Sorry, I'm somehow not able to search in this forum, so thi question/problem might have been posted/answered before. Anyway, her goes: When typing a new email message (or replying to one), my lines ar double spaced. So is my signature which I add with the Auto Tex feature of Word. Yes, I use Word as the email editor. I know I could avoid the problem by switching to Plain Text or mayb not using Word, but I have to as I'm corresponding in English an Japanese, and the latter language requires HTML (otherwise recipient complained of not being able to read the full text) and Word as th J...

Re: Remove file from cache (VC++ 6)
I am writing a program that writes a backup file to a location selected by the user (potentially a diskette). Once the backup file is written, I would like to re-read the file to ensure that the backup media is OK. The problem is that the file just written is still located in the file cache and any attempt to read it just reads it from the cache (not the media itself). I would like to know if there is a way to remove this file from the cache prior to reading it to ensure the file on the media is good. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me on this. - Robert "Robert Ed...

RE: Apply that corrective package from the Microsoft Corporation
--sjosebajdyslksunv Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ykyujmwylmk"; type="multipart/alternative" --ykyujmwylmk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="bdvydmcuj" --bdvydmcuj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these vulnerab...

Pivot tables: Getting each item on a different page (worksheet)
Hello everyone, My problem is as follows: I have prepared a big database (a range with a header line) that basically contains the budget expenses for each department (cost center) of my company for a given year. cost center code expense description authorized amount I have summarized the expense in a pivot table per cost center. I would like to give to each department its own expense and not others'. I'd like to know is there is any means of getting, without VBA, a worksheet per department, that can be e-mailed to them. Should this not be possible, are there any others...

Uninstalling MSCRM 1.2 and Re-installing
Hi, I installed MSCRM 1.2 with the wrong Organization Name. So I need to uninstall and re-install. Does anybody have additional documentation for this? I plan to backup all databases, and export an xml configuration file. Is this all I need to backup before I do the uninstall? Thanks, Do Hello Do, here is the briefly description "How to uninstall MS CRM". But make sure that you have a complete Backup from all systems available. ---------- How can I uninstall the Microsoft CRM Server while leaving the data intact? Resolution The following procedure will retain your Mic...

can i insert a pdf file as a comment?to appear only when clicked?
the same way one can enter a comment in excel and a viewer can only see that if they click on that particular cell-can i enter a pdf file the same way? if someone should click on a certain cell, a pdf file will pop up? You mean like using a hyperlink to the PDF file? dl wrote: > the same way one can enter a comment in excel and a viewer can only see that > if they click on that particular cell-can i enter a pdf file the same way? if > someone should click on a certain cell, a pdf file will pop up? ...

Help! Navigation bar disappeared after re-publishing!
I did some modifications on my navigation bar and re-published the entire website. When I reviewed my site, I noticed that the navigation bar was gone. I called Hostmonster who hosts my website. They uninstalled and re-installed the FrontPage Extension twice and renamed the access file, and each time I re-published the site. But to no avail. Does anybody have an idea? I am at my wit's end. Monika If you have a website give us a link to it so we can it and help you Out? "yogalady" <yogalady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B6DDF78...

can not get the index of the array when I use any other type ?
Why can I get the index of the item of the array when I use string*, but can not get the index of the array when I use any other type (such as Int32)? This code will compile perfectly, but if I replace String* with Int32, the code would not compile? The code using String* type: #include "stdafx.h" #using <mscorlib.dll> using namespace System; using namespace System::Collections; int _tmain() { String* Items[] = { S"Dog", S"Cat", S"Elephant", S"Gerbil", S"Dog", S"Horse", S"Pig", S"Cat" }; S...

subform border
Is it possible to remove the border that Access creates around my subform? The default makes the subform look like it has a "shadow" or "sunken" border. I want no border. My subform is in single form view and I've removed the navigation buttons, record selector, and scroll bar but can't seem to get rid of the border. All help is much appreciated. Thanks. Go into the subform in Design View, right-click on the top'left square where the rulers meet, and go into Properties. On the Format tab, find Border Style and set that to None. Hope that helps CW &q...

Get query from Access
Hello, trying to do a query. So I do the following: Data->get external data->New database query, then from the Choose Data source, I choose MS 97 ACCESS DATABASE*, then I select the database. This brings me to the QUERY wizard-Choose columns When I double click on the table/query I want, it doesn't bring the columns to choose. It changes the + sign to - sign but nothing else. I try a different database, and on this one it does work. So not sure why only on one database it works. Any suggestions? Would appreciate it. thanks, Juan ...

NA in Line chart plotting as zero
I'm using Excel 2007 and the line charts with NA are plotting as zero. I suspect there's a setting I need to change, but I just can't find it. Can someone assist? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt Hi Barb, In xl2007 you can select the chart then use right-click Select Data. There's a hidden/empty cells button. Or via the ribbon, Chart Tools > Design > Data > Select Data Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Barb Reinhardt" <BarbReinhardt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9F7F651-153C-4DC1-B415-D37969...

Outlook error message Can't get messages
When I loaded my Office XP I ran out of space on my C drive I had to abort the load and make space. on my second attempt it worked but Outlook will not send or receive messages I get the following error. "The operation failed. An object could not be found" Is their a error log that I can look at or a way I can fix this? Thanks ...

Line Drawing Between Separated Data Points ?
Hello: Have a chart made from a table that has bolood pressure readings as a function of dates. Some dates are skipped. The chart generated now connects a line between all the dates points that are there, sequentially, irrespective of whether there are points for all the (daily) dates. Is it possible for the generated chart to have the line missing for dates for which there is no data, and then to resume connecting the dots between actual data ponts ? Graph looks funny for data points connected for each day, which is what I want of course, and then a line connecting two points perhap...

How do I get 18 numbers to display in a column and not round out
I need a column to display 18 numbers and currently it is rounding the last three with zeros. I am using Microsoft 2003 How many digits in the numbers More than 15? Then you will need to type then as text and will not be able to do math on them Either a) when typing, precede the entry with a single quote (will not show in cell or printout b) before typing, format cells as Text best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP people.stfx.ca/bliengme email address: remove uppercase characters "whamm24" <whamm24@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...