In Publisher 2003, table grid lines, text box borders and autoshape borders
have become invisible on-screen, although they do print out. Any ideas on how
to remedy this?
Recently installed Adobe PDF Maker which seems to have precipitated this,
although it could be entirely co-incidental.
0
co (7)

Try updating your video drivers.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ackerman & Co" <Ackerman & Co@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Publisher 2003, table grid lines, text box borders and autoshape
> borders
> have become invisible on-screen, although they do print out. Any ideas on
> how
> to remedy this?
> Recently installed Adobe PDF Maker which seems to have precipitated this,
> although it could be entirely co-incidental.

0
jl_paules (2768)
6/30/2006 3:36:18 PM
Read the third FAQ here:
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs

Check to see if you have high contrast enabled, Control Panel, Accessibility
Options, Display tab.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Ackerman & Co" <Ackerman & Co@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Publisher 2003, table grid lines, text box borders and autoshape borders
> have become invisible on-screen, although they do print out. Any ideas on how
> to remedy this?
> Recently installed Adobe PDF Maker which seems to have precipitated this,
> although it could be entirely co-incidental.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/30/2006 4:09:56 PM
Thanks for the advice - seems to have worked.
Cheers!!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Read the third FAQ here:
> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
>
> Check to see if you have high contrast enabled, Control Panel, Accessibility
> Options, Display tab.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Ackerman & Co" <Ackerman & Co@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In Publisher 2003, table grid lines, text box borders and autoshape borders
> > have become invisible on-screen, although they do print out. Any ideas on how
> > to remedy this?
> > Recently installed Adobe PDF Maker which seems to have precipitated this,
> > although it could be entirely co-incidental.

Good, thanks for posting back, it is appreciated.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Thanks for the advice - seems to have worked.
> Cheers!!
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Read the third FAQ here:
>> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
>>
>> Check to see if you have high contrast enabled, Control Panel, Accessibility
>> Options, Display tab.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Ackerman & Co" <Ackerman & Co@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > In Publisher 2003, table grid lines, text box borders and autoshape borders
>> > have become invisible on-screen, although they do print out. Any ideas on
>> > how
>> > to remedy this?
>> > Recently installed Adobe PDF Maker which seems to have precipitated this,
>> > although it could be entirely co-incidental.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

I cannot read forwarded messages. I only get an email address
For some reason, when someone forwards a message to me all that shows up is the email address of the person who originally sent the message. Any ideas? Change your View>Encoding setting. "Michelle10000" wrote: > For some reason, when someone forwards a message to me all that shows up is > the email address of the person who originally sent the message. Any ideas? ...

Insert Blank Line and Sort
------------liX6Lxsnq7Ovs6LAASpU5y Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15; format=flowed; delsp=yes Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Within a worksheet I have an example of data below consisting of four columns. I need to put a blank line in between the Racecourse (where they change) and after do a sort on Rating (high to low). Is it possible? I could do it with a macro, but am unable to fathom out how to deal with a differing number of horses at each racecourse. Time Racecourse Horse Rating 04:30:00 SANDOWN Dare To Dance 0.261 04:30:00 SANDOWN Garud 0.153 04:30:00 SANDOWN Wes...

Truncate message after certain number of lines
Hi All; Is there some way in which this can be achieved through Exchange 2003 and pushed onto all users on the domain? Cant seem to figure out how to do this. TIA On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 05:35:04 -0700, WhoC@nItbN0W <WhoCnItbN0W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All; > >Is there some way in which this can be achieved through Exchange 2003 and >pushed onto all users on the domain? Cant seem to figure out how to do this. > > > >TIA Whats the goal? Hi: 1. A simple issue really (a) Cant prevent users from fwding emails over emails, appending their rema...

Rows to repeat getting cut off on 2nd page
I set rows 1-3 to repeat on all pages, but on the second page, it is getting cut off a few columns in.any suggestions? thanks! ...

Can't get bar code font to work in EXCEL 2003
I have a simple formula that converts a part number to a 3 of 9 bar code font in Excel 2003. Works great on my computer but a co-worker, who also has Excel 2003, can't get this to work. On her PC it show the 3 of 9 font in the drop down box but in the cell it is not converting it to a bar code image. Any suggestions? Thanks, Tony Most likely the font is not installed properly... She needs to reinstall the font. It can be done through Control Panel -> Fonts if you have the font available. "Tony" wrote: > I have a simple formula that conve...

re public folders
We use public folders to store emails about our projects. Until recently, each time a new folder was created, an email address was created automaticlly. Now that doesn't happen and I have to go in the Exchange Sys manager and create the email address. Can anyone tell me why this might have happened? We are using Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook 2003 etc You changed Exchange from Mixed mode to Native mode :-) I'm not sure why the behavior changes, but it does. Once you switch to native mode, PF's are no longer mail-enabled by default. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "IT n...

I need to C&P a section of Excel to Word but I need to get it to fit on a standard 8.5x11!
Is there a way to make this happen? The sections that I need to C&P are all the columns are 14 wide and the rows are 40, 41,44 and 65. How do I get these to fit on the page? Marc Marc wrote: > Is there a way to make this happen? The sections that I need to C&P are all > the columns are 14 wide and the rows are 40, 41,44 and 65. How do I get > these to fit on the page? > > Marc > > Smaller font, cut margins to the minimum, print landscape Print Preview > shrink to fit, are all options just depends on how wide the fields are. It just may be to big to fit ...

any problems getting msnhotmail messages through outlooK?
I'm going away and want an out of office feature. I'm thinking of setting myself up through outlook but have msn hotmail. Are there any problems with doing this? Sandy Hirsch If you're a new hotmail 'customer' you wont be able to get your messages with Outlook. If you've had a hotmail account for at least a few months you should be able to get all your email with outlook. Its real simple, even easier than setting up a regular account. -James "Schwartz" <Schwartz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B7EA122-7661-4350-8709-0376C1885EAC...

where do I get a supscription?
I know the site but where do I find it on the site??? Ask your local pharmacist http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "need help" <need help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:E174AC64-45B6-43FC-BF51-889821AA4B75@microsoft.com... >I know the site but where do I find it on the site??? Surely that a perscription? "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eBKGdZDkHHA.4936@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... Ask ...

Outbox messages get stuck with Scansoft PDF Converter Addin
If your Outbox is acting funny and changing messages from waiting to be sent (Italic Bold) to draft status (Normal Bold) and you have Scansofts PDF Converter Addin installed, you need to disable the Addin. This is from the Scansoft KB: Problem: When sending messages to Microsoft Outlook Outbox in off-line mode, the message is converted to a draft instead of a sendable message. Cause: The PDF Converter Com add-in for Microsoft Outlook XP causes messages in Microsoft Outlook Outbox (off-line mode) to convert from sendable messages to draft messages that cannot be sent when Outlook ...

how do i get missing rows back
My excel worksheet is missing rows 37-58. There is a heavy gray gridline in between rows 36 & 59. Where did they go? How do I get them back? Hi Select from rows 36:59>right click>Unhide -- Regards Roger Govier "dkresch" <dkresch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EDE73AB-87DB-43DB-B9DB-E7E82C7D39D9@microsoft.com... > My excel worksheet is missing rows 37-58. There is a heavy gray gridline > in > between rows 36 & 59. Where did they go? How do I get them back? "dkresch" <dkresch@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

get CPU usage (like in task manager) and FreePhysicalMemory
Hi, I've no experience in csharp and i search for scripts over the net for find the current cpu usage like in task manager (for all processors ) when i run it and another script that show the current Free Physical Memory. THX you can use wmi... for example Win32_OperatingSystem offers some useful information: using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Linq; using System.Text; using System.Management; namespace memory { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { var query = new ObjectQuery("SELE...

Getting ASSERT on one machine but NOT the other
I have VS2k5 (MFC, C++) installed on two computers. I have a project checked into version control (StarTeam). I checked it out and compiled it in "debug build" on two PC's. On one PC it exits just fine when I click the 'X' on the banner bar. However, on the other PC, I am getting an ASSERT in: BOOL PASCAL CWnd::WalkPreTranslateTree(HWND hWndStop, MSG* pMsg) at: ASSERT(hWndStop == NULL || ::IsWindow(hWndStop)); Any idea why it behaves differently on two machines? Jim Well, this suggests that the window is NULL or invalid. So, without knowing what window is involv...

Re: How to print e-mails without a logo or page numbers please.
ICAgICAgICAg ...

Creating Form, Need 1st 2 lines of field to indent, 3rd to wrap
I'm creating a form for myself to enter into. I have lines that are formatted in what they call "Indented Block" - I have a heading on the left margin, which I don't touch when filling in the form, the field starting at an indent of 3", the 2nd line of the field if it's long enough to wrap to also be at 3" and any lines after that to wrap back to the left margin. Kinda like this: heading: field 2nd line of field 3rd line of field continued BUT, I need to be able to indent the 3rd line also to 3" if it's too short &...

Can't get to resource description info
We recently moved to a Citrix environment and seemed to have lost acces to the Resource Description utility. I can launch it and see the choices for tables, fields, and windows, but when I pick one the trouble begins. If I pick tables, I get an error message saying: An open operation on table olfd_files failed because the path does not exist When I click ok, I get another dialogue message: Scrolling window link table not on form Next I get what looks like a VB error: Unhandled form exception: Form load failed EXCEPTION_CLASS_FORM_MEMORY SCRIPT_CMD_OPENFR If I try to get to field d...

Creating mailboxes via command line.
In Exchange 5.5 I used a CSV import to create mailboxes from a script. Is there an equivalent (or better) functionailty in Exchange 2003? I use dsadd to create the user account on the 2003 AD server but cannot figure out how to create the mailbox. Any ideas are appreciated. I did look on the windows scripting page, but did not see much that was useful. David Eaton David: You can use LDIFDE or CSVDE. Do some research on both. Neither are as friendly as the import/export features of Exchange 5.5. I personally would recommend learning some scripting and using VBS instead. Do a search for ...

Spreading apart lines on a scatter plot
Hi, I'm trying to add a constant value to the each data point in my chart so as to sread the two lines apart so that it's easier to compare and interpret them. Is there an easy was to do this Hi Billy why not create a helper column in your sorce data, adding a constant value to the original value and use this helper column as source for your chart? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Billy Wilton wrote: > Hi, I'm trying to add a constant value to the each data > point in my chart so as to sread the two lines apart so > that it's easier to compare and inter...

Public Calendar missing events in Entourage, which appear in Outlook
Hello Friends, I am having an issue were select events in my company's Public Folder calendar are not appear in Entourage (on Mac), but do appear in Outlook (on PC). I do see the majority of events in both applications. I tried "Synchronize," "unsubscribing/resubscribing," and the the "Empty Cache" tricks on the Public calendar in question. Those didn't seem to work. The only thing I can think of is the events in question seem to be the ones added via Public Folder calendar's email gateway (auto-accepted by the calendar). I (and others)...

Getting ' database full' error message trying to save in Publisher
I am getting a pop up error which states 'The disk is full trying to write C: etc etc. Save this file on a different disk and/or drive." My C; drive has plenty of space and when I try to save to a CD, I get an error message as well. This is a trial version of Office which has about 28 days left of a 60-day trial if that makes a difference. Last night I WAS able to save the same document. I am on a deadline and I really need help. Thanks so much Never save directly to removable media. Won't work. What is the exact error message you get when you try to save to the ...

How do I hide 0 values in line charts
I have several columns with data. In one column I do not have data for every row. In the line charts, those "zero" values are plotted and connected with the previous data point. Instead I would rather have a broken line. These resources will help: Andy Pope's tutorial: http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokenlines.htm Tushar Mehta's Chart Gap for NA http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/na_discontinuity/index.html ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Stephan" wrote: > I have several columns with data. In one column I do not have data f...

"the data at the root level is invalid" "line 1, position 1."
Hi, i have a problem validating xml against schema. I used http://apps.gotdotnet.com/xmltools/xsdvalidator/Default.aspx validator and it says it is fine. Can you tell me why this doesn't work? Thanks! Schema: <?xml version="1.0"?> <xs:schema id="ReportInfo" targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org/Reports.xsd" xmlns:mstns="http://tempuri.org/Reports.xsd" xmlns="http://tempuri.org/Reports.xsd" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:msdata="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msdata" attributeFormDefault="...

Re-Installing Office 2004 Without Original CD
I am trying to install my Office 2004 upgrade on a new Mac without having my original Office 98 CD. I do have my product key for Office 98 but didn't find any place to insert this during the installation process. I guess I sorta assumed the upgrade process works like it does for Adobe products. I no longer have the original receipt for Office 98 and don't know of anyone to borrow an original Office 2004 CD from. Is there any solution other than buying a new package? Thanks! In article <1194046561.523789.145530@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, favata01@yahoo.com wrote: >...

I can't get the formula result to display on my spreadsheet.
This is a phenomenonally simple task: All I want is the formula "=SUM(B38:F38)" result to display on my spreadsheet. Excel shows $0.00 in the cell. The formula result, however, is '$9288.72.' I am so frustrated!!! Thanks for any help with this prob. Sounds like your numbers are stored as text, format them to a number format. -- -John Northwest11 Please rate when your question is answered to help us and others know what is helpful. "Kai" wrote: > This is a phenomenonally simple task: > > All I want is the formula "=SUM(B38:F38)" resul...

Line chart in VBA
Hello I have an existing line-chart with some data, and some [more] formatting. I want to be able to create this chart from scratch, from blank sheet, using VBA. It would be enough to use Macro Recorder, manually recreate this chart, and then get the macro code, but... it has advanced formatting, and is hard to re-done. So, do you maybe know a tool, that can "scan" existing chart, and generate it's equivalent in VBA? Something like "diff" tool, that compares blank sheet, and complete chart/sheet/etc. Thank you in advance! tk ...