How do I get a page reduced to print on one page instead of tiles

I'm creating a publication that will be on 10" X 12" paper.  The commercial
printer I'm working with can't use tiles, but they could use a shrunken page
printed on standard paper.  How can I make each page take up one page instead
of being tiled?
--
Julia
0

Julia <Julia@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> I'm creating a publication that will be on 10" X 12" paper.  The
> commercial printer I'm working with can't use tiles, but they could
> use a shrunken page printed on standard paper.  How can I make each
> page take up one page instead of being tiled?

Are you sending a Publisher file or a PDF file?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
5/3/2006 3:53:07 PM
I create both, but my commercial printer uses the PDF file and I also send
them an eps file of each page because they're using Macs and can't read
Publisher.
--
Julia

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Julia <Julia@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > I'm creating a publication that will be on 10" X 12" paper.  The
> > commercial printer I'm working with can't use tiles, but they could
> > use a shrunken page printed on standard paper.  How can I make each
> > page take up one page instead of being tiled?
>
> Are you sending a Publisher file or a PDF file?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Julia (20)
5/3/2006 4:09:02 PM
Julia <Julia@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> I create both, but my commercial printer uses the PDF file and I also
> send them an eps file of each page because they're using Macs and
> can't read Publisher.

Then why not simply change the PDF driver to a larger page size, such that
the document doesn't tile?

(N.B. Will only work up to 48" x 48")

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
5/3/2006 4:49:00 PM
How do you do that?  I poked around the tabs and couldn't figure out a way to
do that.  Thanks.
--
Julia

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Julia <Julia@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > I create both, but my commercial printer uses the PDF file and I also
> > send them an eps file of each page because they're using Macs and
> > can't read Publisher.
>
> Then why not simply change the PDF driver to a larger page size, such that
> the document doesn't tile?
>
> (N.B. Will only work up to 48" x 48")
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Julia (20)
5/3/2006 5:03:06 PM
How do you find the PDF driver and change it?
--
Julia

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Julia <Julia@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > I create both, but my commercial printer uses the PDF file and I also
> > send them an eps file of each page because they're using Macs and
> > can't read Publisher.
>
> Then why not simply change the PDF driver to a larger page size, such that
> the document doesn't tile?
>
> (N.B. Will only work up to 48" x 48")
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Julia (20)
5/3/2006 8:01:02 PM
Julia <Julia@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> How do you find the PDF driver and change it?

What PDF software are you using?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
5/3/2006 9:50:35 PM
Ed,

I have produced several 11 x 68 and 36 x 96 using Adobe Acrobat Pro 6.0. A
lot depends on the printer. Kinko's can handle.
> Julia <Julia@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
>> How do you find the PDF driver and change it?
>
> What PDF software are you using?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Chuck
5/4/2006 1:10:59 AM
Chuck Davis <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> I have produced several 11 x 68 and 36 x 96 using Adobe Acrobat Pro
> 6.0.

From Publisher?

I asked for the PDF driver to give more explicit instructions on how to
change the driver's paper size (to get rid of the tilling).

> A lot depends on the printer. Kinko's can handle.

A lot depends on the version of Publisher.  You can't generate PDF output of
larger than 48" x 48" in the majority of versions of Publisher.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
5/4/2006 8:59:37 AM
I have Adobe Acrobat 5.1, and I think my Publisher is 2003.  The publication
only has to be 12" X 10".  Thanks.
--
Julia

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Chuck Davis <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> was very recently heard
> to utter:
> > I have produced several 11 x 68 and 36 x 96 using Adobe Acrobat Pro
> > 6.0.
>
> From Publisher?
>
> I asked for the PDF driver to give more explicit instructions on how to
> change the driver's paper size (to get rid of the tilling).
>
> > A lot depends on the printer. Kinko's can handle.
>
> A lot depends on the version of Publisher.  You can't generate PDF output of
> larger than 48" x 48" in the majority of versions of Publisher.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Julia (20)
5/4/2006 3:29:02 PM
Julia <Julia@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> I have Adobe Acrobat 5.1, and I think my Publisher is 2003.  The
> publication only has to be 12" X 10".  Thanks.

File > Page Setup > Printer and Paper

From the drop-down, select Acrobat Distiller

Click Properties, look for the Paper Size options (I don't have Acrobat 5,
so can't give specific instructions).

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
5/4/2006 3:44:41 PM
Alas, there is no "page setup."  There is "print set-up," and there is a
drop-down menu for paper, but Acrobat Distiller is not one of the choices.
It's just envelopes, legal, executive (whatever that is), regular paper.  Any
further suggestions?  Thanks.
--
Julia

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Julia <Julia@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > I have Adobe Acrobat 5.1, and I think my Publisher is 2003.  The
> > publication only has to be 12" X 10".  Thanks.
>
> File > Page Setup > Printer and Paper
>
> From the drop-down, select Acrobat Distiller
>
> Click Properties, look for the Paper Size options (I don't have Acrobat 5,
> so can't give specific instructions).
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Julia (20)
5/4/2006 4:14:01 PM
Julia <Julia@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> Alas, there is no "page setup."  There is "print set-up," and there
> is a drop-down menu for paper, but Acrobat Distiller is not one of
> the choices.

In Publisher 2003, File > Page Setup is available. Print Setup is not.

You will need to then go to the Printer and Paper tab as described, and
click the drop-down that contains a list of printer names (not a list of
paper sizes).  Once you have the Acrobat Distiller selected, then you can
select a paper size.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
5/4/2006 4:40:32 PM
I don't have Acrobat Distiller.  The way I make my PDF files is with a
freeware application.  I looked up Distiller on Adobe's website, and they now
have Adobe Livecycle PDF Generator, which I'm not going to be able to buy.
Is there any other way to reduce these pages so each one fits on a single
page?  Thanks.
--
Julia

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Julia <Julia@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > Alas, there is no "page setup."  There is "print set-up," and there
> > is a drop-down menu for paper, but Acrobat Distiller is not one of
> > the choices.
>
> In Publisher 2003, File > Page Setup is available. Print Setup is not.
>
> You will need to then go to the Printer and Paper tab as described, and
> click the drop-down that contains a list of printer names (not a list of
> paper sizes).  Once you have the Acrobat Distiller selected, then you can
> select a paper size.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Julia (20)
5/4/2006 5:37:02 PM
Julia <Julia@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> I don't have Acrobat Distiller.  The way I make my PDF files is with a
> freeware application.  I looked up Distiller on Adobe's website, and
> they now have Adobe Livecycle PDF Generator, which I'm not going to
> be able to buy. Is there any other way to reduce these pages so each
> one fits on a single page?  Thanks.

You stated you had Adobe Acrobat 5.1.  (Acrobat Reader is not Acrobat.)

Instead of Acrobat Distiller, select your freeware application.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
5/4/2006 6:02:11 PM
It did give me a menu of different page sizes, but when I selected "tabloid,"
which is the size I think I want, I still had four tiles for each page.
--
Julia

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Julia <Julia@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > I don't have Acrobat Distiller.  The way I make my PDF files is with a
> > freeware application.  I looked up Distiller on Adobe's website, and
> > they now have Adobe Livecycle PDF Generator, which I'm not going to
> > be able to buy. Is there any other way to reduce these pages so each
> > one fits on a single page?  Thanks.
>
> You stated you had Adobe Acrobat 5.1.  (Acrobat Reader is not Acrobat.)
>
> Instead of Acrobat Distiller, select your freeware application.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Julia (20)
5/4/2006 6:53:01 PM
Julia <Julia@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> It did give me a menu of different page sizes, but when I selected
> "tabloid," which is the size I think I want, I still had four tiles
> for each page.

I have just created a 10" x 12" publication that does not tile.

File > Page Setup > Printer and Paper > Printer Drop-down > PrimoPDF > Paper
size drop-down > Tabloid > Layout > Custom > Width > 10" > Height > 12" >
OK.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)

multiple flyers per page?

printing 2 charts on single page

OWA jumping mouse

Getting the BCC field by default.

Showing 3:54PM instead of 3:54:03PM

printing multiple copies of Sigel GmbH

printing imported gif files in Excel

Getting rid of selection

Workplace Queues

Get info from Fidelity
I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market fund information. How can I make it download money market fund info? In microsoft.public.money, Peter Tso wrote: >I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my >Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and >bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market >fund information. How can I make it download money market >fund info? Fidelity does things a differently th...

Get Xml from web .
This is a link to an address where I would like to access xml. http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?cmd=user_xml&email=XXXX The XXXX is the email address of a user. All I want to do is access the xml and view it in a datagrid. I have read several tuturials and articles and have not been able to find something that would explain how to do this. Does anyone know of a sample code or something close I could use as a reference. I am using visualstudio.net. and visual basic. THX Take a look at using the following classes on your app: HttpWebRequest HttpWebResponse DataSe...

TSP100 printer and print width
Hi all, After pull my hair out for a half of day, I just find out that TSP100 printer driver reports its print width incorrectly when we use GetDeviceCaps to retrieve print width. Call GetDeviceCaps with PHYSICALWIDTH will report 1725 that is roughtly equal to 8.5 inches corresponding to 203ppi that LOGPIXELSX reported. Just let you all know This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C92EF4.F767C240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable After you installed the printer, did you change the p...

Printing in reverse order
When I try to print from excel and want the apges to print in reverse order (i.e first page of document printed last) even if I select this feature from the print setup exel still prints the first page first!! Is there a fix available?? I use Office XP (2002) and HP printers Thank you Printing options available in Excel are limited by the available connected printer(s). Any issues with printing are generally associated to the printer and drivers installed, not with Excel itself. Verify your printer actually supports reverse printing and that you have the latest drivers installed for ...

Printing contacts finally partially repaired
Two printing problems with Outlook 2007, the first solved, the second still not solved. First: So, finally, I don't know when, Outlook was repaired such that one could print out individual contacts as detailed address cards. This was broken for quite some time. Anyway, now those of us who choose to print out copies of address books are once again rewarded with this possibility. BUT..there is always a but, Outlook does not yet completely properly format the printing for all of the book and booklet possibilities which the software presents, especially for doing double...