How do I get a copy of Publisher 2002?

I'd like to get a copy of Publisher 2002.  I still have Windows 98 on my
computer and don't want to upgrade to XP right at this time.  Other than
ordering off of e-bay or other sites I'm not familiar with, is it possible to
get a copy of Publisher 2002 that would be compatible with Windows 98?

Amazon.com

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

Crystal1365 wrote:
> I'd like to get a copy of Publisher 2002.  I still have Windows 98 on
> my computer and don't want to upgrade to XP right at this time.
> Other than ordering off of e-bay or other sites I'm not familiar
> with, is it possible to get a copy of Publisher 2002 that would be
> compatible with Windows 98?

Look, you stupid bint, how many more times are you going to post this?! I
make this four now - and you had replies to every single one of the others.
You have to actually come back and read them, you know! If you're too stupid
to come back here and read replies, then you're *way* too stupid to use
Publisher!
on salads.

0
misstick (379)
1/5/2005 1:34:55 AM
On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 01:34:55 -0000, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
<misstick@lancre.dw> wrote:

>Look, you stupid bint, how many more times are you going to post this?!

"bint"??? Sarah, you're not that old! An archaism like that was old
stuff when I was young - and I'm old enough to be your grandfather!
The times have changed -- there are more up-to-date B-words you could
have used...
Blessed be, for sure...
0
T1317 (75)
1/5/2005 4:49:21 PM
Jim wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 01:34:55 -0000, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
> <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote:
>
>> Look, you stupid bint, how many more times are you going to post
>> this?!
>
> "bint"??? Sarah, you're not that old! An archaism like that was old
> stuff when I was young - and I'm old enough to be your grandfather!
> The times have changed -- there are more up-to-date B-words you could
> have used...
> Blessed be, for sure...

My grandfather is 90 this year... I am old, Jimmy, at least I feel it.
Words, like many things, have a habit of coming back in to fashion. Some
people say I do write archaically. I was brought up to use proper English
(the list of things that make me cringe could fill a book). I am a pedant -
and damned proud of it! I'm fed up of my native tongue being watered down,
bastardised, franchised, homogenised and sold off (ending a sentence with a
preposition, urgh!).

You know, you've had me confused. I could have sworn you were British...

Pedants Unite!
on salads.

0
misstick (379)
1/6/2005 3:14:44 AM
Dyslexics Untie!

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> Jim wrote:
>> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 01:34:55 -0000, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
>> <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote:
>>
>>> Look, you stupid bint, how many more times are you going to post
>>> this?!
>>
>> "bint"??? Sarah, you're not that old! An archaism like that was old
>> stuff when I was young - and I'm old enough to be your grandfather!
>> The times have changed -- there are more up-to-date B-words you could
>> have used...
>> Blessed be, for sure...
>
> My grandfather is 90 this year... I am old, Jimmy, at least I feel it.
> Words, like many things, have a habit of coming back in to fashion. Some
> people say I do write archaically. I was brought up to use proper English
> (the list of things that make me cringe could fill a book). I am a
> pedant - and damned proud of it! I'm fed up of my native tongue being
> watered down, bastardised, franchised, homogenised and sold off (ending a
> sentence with a preposition, urgh!).
>
> You know, you've had me confused. I could have sworn you were British...
>

> Pedants Unite!
> --
> Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
> on salads.

0
jl_amerson (3088)
1/6/2005 3:42:18 AM
On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 22:42:18 -0500, "JoAnn Paules"
<jl_amerson@hotmail.com>, in message ID
<Ed6dncaDbMAKLkHcRVn-3w@suscom.com>, in the newsgroup
microsoft.public.publisher wrote:

>Dyslexics Untie!
>
>--
>JoAnn Paules
>MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

I do wonder what awful person decided to call it dyslexia.  Many non
dyslexics would have trouble spelling it.  Probably the same person
who decided that abbreviation should be such a long word.
--
Paul

Use the reply by email facility in your
newsreader to send email
Paul <dontspamme@westgreen.freeserve.co.uk> was very recently heard to
utter:
> I do wonder what awful person decided to call it dyslexia.  Many non
> dyslexics would have trouble spelling it.  Probably the same person
> who decided that abbreviation should be such a long word.

And the one who put an "s" in "lisp"
:-)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
1/6/2005 8:20:10 AM
And who in their right mind decided that a fear of really long words should
be "hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia"??

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> Paul <dontspamme@westgreen.freeserve.co.uk> was very recently heard to
> utter:
>> I do wonder what awful person decided to call it dyslexia.  Many non
>> dyslexics would have trouble spelling it.  Probably the same person
>> who decided that abbreviation should be such a long word.
>
> And the one who put an "s" in "lisp"
> :-)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
jl_amerson (3088)
1/6/2005 8:55:59 PM
JoAnn Paules <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> And who in their right mind decided that a fear of really long words
> should be "hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia"??

Try reading "aibohphobia" backwards...

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
1/6/2005 9:47:18 PM
Cute!

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> JoAnn Paules <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to utter:
>> And who in their right mind decided that a fear of really long words
>> should be "hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia"??
>
> Try reading "aibohphobia" backwards...
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
jl_amerson (3088)
1/6/2005 10:03:43 PM
Ed Bennett wrote:
> JoAnn Paules <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
>> And who in their right mind decided that a fear of really long words
>> should be "hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia"??
>
> Try reading "aibohphobia" backwards...

Is that a fear of palindromes? ;o)
on salads.

0
misstick (379)
1/6/2005 11:56:42 PM
Lol, Madam. I'm Adam. Lol.

Mike

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

> Ed Bennett wrote:
>
>>JoAnn Paules <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to
>>utter:
>>
>>>And who in their right mind decided that a fear of really long words
>>>should be "hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia"??
>>
>>Try reading "aibohphobia" backwards...
>

> Is that a fear of palindromes? ;o)

0
wordwiz (948)
1/7/2005 2:21:02 AM
On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:21:02 -0500, Mike Koewler <wordwiz@fuse.net>,
in message ID <9mmDd.3615$7k5.2783@fe37.usenetserver.com>, in the
newsgroup microsoft.public.publisher wrote:

>Lol, Madam. I'm Adam. Lol.

Was it a cat I saw ?
--

Miss Perspicacia Tick <misstick@lancre.dw> was very recently heard to
utter:
> Is that a fear of palindromes? ;o)

But of course - it is one of the few, if not the only, phobiae not to have a
Greek or Latinate root

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)

Right click , drag and drop and cut , copy paste facilities
Why can't we have drag and drop , cut and paste facilities in any of the record forms Pretty limiting eh? Just chalk it up as one of many CRM shortcomings. Sometimes you can right click, sometimes you can't. Just get in the habit of using Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V. -- Brandon Smith IT Director Presentations Direct - Specialized Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Nitin" <Nitin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2223FB31-B10E-4EA7-87C0-ED483F5F6E23@microsoft.com... > Why can't we have drag and drop , cut and past...

Linked graphics into a Publisher 2000 document
I have a 400KB document (withgout graphics). I insert two JPEG images each around 200KB into the document. I figure the resulting document should be around 700KB. Result? An 11MB file. I delete the images (document is now 400KB) and instead insert the images using the "Link to File" option. Graphics Manager confirms that the images are linbked into the file. The size should not be more than 500KB. Result? An 11MB file. Question is how can I insert images into a Publisher 2000 documentr without the file blowing up? And why does it blow up? Regards, Richard. Richard wrot...

Macros for worksheet copy & paste?
I have 6 different excel files. How can I combine all 6 of them in one single excel file under individual worksheets (E.g. Worksheet1 for File1, worksheet2 for File2 ....etc)? I do not wish to copy & paste it manually. Can I use a macro to take care of it? If so, where can I find further info on how to go about it? THANKS!! Assuming (1) this is a one-time need, and (2) your workbooks have only one sheet each, this would probably be faster done by hand: 1) With all the files open choose one of the files to be the receiving file. 2) Select the sheet in the subsequent books, one at...

How to get XML data out of an XML file

Microsoft Outlook 2002 #3
How can I allow Level 1 files into Outlook 2002, I keep getting the following message "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments" Thanks, Stephen Some options here http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "spike" <stephen@just4u.ie> wrote in message news:090201c35c10$19100be0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I allow Level 1 files into Outlook 2002, I keep > getting the following message "Outlook blocked access to > the following potentially unsafe attachments" > > Thanks, > > Stephen ...

Get at messages in queue
Is it possible to get at the undeliverable messages that are held in a queue (eg to check the message body or redirect undeliverable messages). I would like to be able to selectively forward them to an alternate email address or to archive them to a PST etc rather than just deleting them? Thanks Alan ...

How to get paper size from dmPaperSize returned from GetDevMode?
For example, dmPaperSize returns 1 which is DMPAPER_LETTER, how do I calculate the paper size like in this case 8.5"x11"? There are so many paper sizes, is there any function call to calculate based on the return value of dmPaperSize or mapping between the value of dmPapersize and actual size? Thank you. The reason I asked the question was because dmPaperLength and dmPaperWidth are 0 for some printers. Also, my HP laserjet returns as a color printer (dmColor = 2) from GetDevMode call. Anyone knows why? ...

Missing Menu Options (Outlook 2002)...
HELP! I've noticed a few things disappearing: 1) When I right-click an e-mail to add the person to the Junk Senders list, the options under "Junk E-mail" are no longer visible (just gives me a stubby blank box) 2) I don't have access to "Tools --> Rules Wizard" - that'c completely disappeared. Any ideas? ...

I have a data table that looks like this: Code ------------------- STR-S SNK-S STR-K STR-F SNK-S STR-3 STR-2 STR-F SNK-S SNK-4 SNK-S STR-3 SNK-F STR-4 STR-O ------------------- "STR", etc at the beginning are pitch types, SNK is Sinker for example The end character is the result of the pitch, a 4 would be a home run, 3 a triple, and so forth. O is out, F is foul, S is strike --- you ge it. How can I figure the amount of RBI's? I know that it's 5, but I can' think of any automated way to calculate this, anyone got any ideas? THANK YOU!! :confused -- AVER...

Publisher 2003 & IE 8
I created a web site www.fera.org using Publisher 2003. Lately people using IE8 do not see the menues along the left side, or the bottom. People using Chrome are just fine. Is the a compatibility issue between IE 8 & Publisher 2003? There is a compatibility issue with IE8 and Publisher 2003 and 2007. Any design elements that are 'grouped' together, which includes the Publisher wizard built navbars, do not render when you view the web page in IE8 . The fix in general is to ungroup the elements. There is both a manual fix to these issues and a Service Patch that has been issue...

publisher 2003 #38
Have just updated from publisher 1998 to 2003 via proffesional office 2003 and have found the "save as" function is terribly slow (as apposed to 98 ) , opening "my computer" is also slow ??? can any one help with this issue ?? That could be a multitude of things. And I'd even guess that most are not Office related. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "zed" wrote: > Have just updated from publisher 1998 to 2003 via proffesional office 2003 > and have found the "save as" function is terribly slow (as apposed to 98 ) , > opening "my c...

Printing Newsletter in Publisher 2003

Creating a template using Publisher

web preview not same as publisher view
Reading past postings it appears others too are having serious problems with Web preview in both 2002 and 2003. I think the problem is that text handling within text boxes in normal Publisher view simply does not reflect that as seen in Web Preview (currently Explorer 6) On a totally blank (wide setting) webpage, using standard Times New Roman 12pont (no italic underline or bold) I typed six lines of Mary had a little lamb into a 3.85x3.029cm text box with all margins set to 00. I outlined the box with a 1/4pt line Whereas the text just fitted into the box in Publisher view, in Web ...

Can't get rules to run.
I can't get Outlook 2003 rules to run. I am getting my mail from a pop3 account and would like to have new mail sorted to specific folders when it arrives. I set up the rules as I did in previous versions of outlook, but they do not run automatically. I can run the rules manually and they will move the mail. I have this rule (for example Apply this rule after the message arrive from some@email.address and on this machine only move it to the somefolder folde I have tried deselecting on this machine only Thanks. Do you have an Exchange service in this profile? Are you using Cache...

Publisher 2000? #2
Is there a place where I can still get version 2000? I've been looking, but all I can find are updates and the 2007 trial. My computer can't run 2007. *If* if can be had, try something like eBay. (I wouldn't buy software that way but that's just my preference.) You may find you have better luck finding a leftover copy of Pub 2003 from some online retailers. (I actually prefer that over 2000.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Copying Publisher from One computer to another
I want to copy Publisher from my old computer to my new one, but if I can't seem to locate all the files I need to make it work on the new computer. What should I do? You can't, you have to install it from the CD. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Jasmin" <Jasmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EB558F1-525D-47BD-A54B-BC62C410D79E@microsoft.com... |I want to copy Publisher from my old computer to my new one, but if I can't | seem to locate all the files I need to make it work on the new computer. What | shoul...

Getting same number to appear over and again
Hi. I'm trying to change the E's I have entered in a column to 1's. However, in lieu of changing them one by one, I would like to do them all in one fell swoop. Any suggestions? John Hi John You could use find and replace. Select all of your data. Goto Edit>Find Find what:- E Replace with:- 1 HTH Martin John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel group. And do a google search for newsgroup etiquette!! John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel group. And do a google search for newsgroup etiquette!! John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel ...

Why do my questions get deleted sometimes?
Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too... I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then, my messages get deleted. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong. Many of my messages ARE posted and answered, and I'm grateful for that, but one or two get removed - regardless of how often I post them. I don't swear or say anything bad about Excel - I love it. So why don't they get posted are there some words or subjects that I should avoid? Will this one get deleted - it's a bit off subject? But I'd love to have an ans...

modify contact address when account address gets modified
Hi, How do I ripple my changes from company level to the related contacts ? For example the main company phone number and the main address ? Do I need a product like Scribe for this, or can this be done with the workflow ? Thanks for any advice Wim You can't do this with workflow, and I don't believe Scribe can do this (though I may be wrong - I've only used Scribe for one project). I would think that you'd need to create a post callout using the SDK. There is more info at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2microsoftcrmversi...

Become MCSE Certified and get $43,000+ Salary per year
QmVjb21lIE1DU0UgQ2VydGlmaWVkIGFuZCBnZXQgJDQzLDAwMCsgU2FsYXJ5IHBlciB5ZWFyCkhp LApTdGFydCB5b3VyIGJyaWdodCBjYXJlZXIgd2l0aCBNQ1NFIENlcnRpZmljYXRpb24gYW5kIGdl dCAkNDMsMTIyLjUwCihhY2NvcmRpbmcgdG8gYWJvdXQuY29tIHNhbGFyeSBzdXJ2ZXkpLiBWaXNp dCBodHRwOi8vd3d3LkZyZWVFeGFtS2luZy5jb20KZm9yIE1DU0UgQ2VydGlmaWNhdGlvbiwgRnJl ZSBQcmFjdGljZSBFeGFtcywgRnJlZSBTdHVkeSBNYXRlcmlhbCAvCkJvb2tzIGFuZCBGcmVlIER1 bXBzIIWFCj09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09 PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09Cg== ...