How do I format catalog merge pages so the output is in columns n.

In Publisher - when I do a catalog merge (I am trying to make a an address
directory) the output (names & addresses) merge correctly but I want to be
able to read them up and down in columns instead of across in rows.  How can
I format?
0
Mary1 (682)

You need to setup your data differently. There is an Excel example here:
http://msauer.mvps.org/more_graphics.htm

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Publisher - when I do a catalog merge (I am trying to make a an address
> directory) the output (names & addresses) merge correctly but I want to be
> able to read them up and down in columns instead of across in rows.  How can
> I format?

0
gsauer (5093)

How do you combine two columns to one? Help!!!!!!
I have address numbers in column A and street names in column B, I want to combine all of both columns into one without going through the whole process for each individual cells. HELP!!!!!! "sttrumpet" <sttrumpet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F72E43CE-CA99-4CD0-BCA1-85EFADCB459D@microsoft.com... > I have address numbers in column A and street names in column B, I want to > combine all of both columns into one without going through the whole process > for each individual cells. HELP!!!!!! Use the fuction =A1&B1 in cell B1 Drag the function ...

Incorrect formatting opening .csv file in Excel
When opening a database generated .csv file with the following data: "1","10E-024","1" Excel opens it incorrectly formatting the text as a scientific number: 1 1.0E-24 1 If I save the file as .txt, and open in excel using the import wizard, I can specify that the column should be text, and the item code 10E-024 appears correctly. However this is far from ideal, as it relies on a manual step and the file cannot be saved as .csv again - otherwise the same fault happens next time the file it opened. Is there a way of forcing Excel to open .csv files in raw da...

Page Formatting Preferences Seem To Have Changed
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Using Word 2004 for Mac version 11.5.6 - For example, I cannot make one line align center with Georgia font and then drop a couple of lines and switch to left alignment and Arial font. Whatever change I make, whether what I am seeking to change is highlighted or not, the entire document changes. <br><br>This used to work fine so it seems like a preference must have changed but I can't figure out how to change it back. Really, really appreciate some advice! Thanks!! You have mistakenly enabled &qu...

More than 3 conditional formatting conditions?
I'm using Excel 2000, and I need to program a row of cells to tur certain colours based on 5 possible words being input in a given cell. So, basically: If V is in C1, I want that entire row to turn red If W is in C1, I want that entire row to turn blue, and so on for five (or six) different possibilities. Everything I've read says that every pre-2007 version of Excel onl allows three such conditions. Am I out of luck, or is there some wa around that -- ooda ----------------------------------------------------------------------- oodam's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member....

Number Formatting #10
I have a user who's numbers in excel are defaulting to a decimal even if you format the cell for number zero decimal places. For example if she enters 15 it will enter .15. This happens on every excel document she opens and if you open the same documents on another PC they work fine. I have even tried to reinstall excel on the PC and it does not correct the Issue. Please help with suggestions. For a work around I have her entering 15. But that is an extra key stroke. Thanks go to Tools>Options>Edit and uncheck the option for Fixed Decimal Places "Shane" wrote: >...

Finding merged cells #2
Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire need of a solution... I seem to have a problem due to cells in a worksheet being merged, how can i identify these cells? Many thanks, Rick Excel version? If you have 2002 or 2003 you can use Edit, Find, Format (and specify merged cells), Find All. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "R D S" <ricknewsgroup@members.v21.co.uk> wrote in message news:385u2aF5kslgkU1@individual.net... | Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire | need of a solution... | | I seem to have a problem d...

Downloading Sales Literature
I have 1 sales rep who cannot download our sales literature in the correct format? If it's a PDF, DOC, PPT, etc when he does a right click and save target as the format is always HTML? This is not happening to any other users. I had him try from his laptop and then one of my Windows 2000 Terminal servers with the same results. I am running 1.2. Any ideas? I initially thought it was his toolbar add-ons for google, but disabling did not do the trick, and that was confirmed when he had the same problem on the terminal server. ...

Merging Excel Sheet with Excel Sheet (Just like in MS Word!)
Hi everyone, Purpose: create classroom roster between one Excel spreadsheet as data source and another excel sheet. I know how to use one excel spreadsheet as a data source to merge with another word document; however, by using this method, I found that the link between the files keep dropping from time to time, especially when the folder has been moved around. I'm thinking of creating the same layout of the Word document in another Excel spreadsheet and somehow "LINK" the data source and the other spreadsheet together, but I'm not sure how, or whether thi...

Can you move a page from one publication to another?
Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move it into the one you are currently creating? Select all, copy, and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Melis" <Melis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE2DE89E-E052-4A56-9E62-79C8528450D4@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move > it > into the one you are currently creating? ...

Email Activity Page takes time to close
Hi, In my application, if the email content in an email activity page is large, the page takes 15-20 seconds to close. I think I should dispose objects while closing the page. But I don't know where to do it? Help please ...

Mail merge & Publisher #2
When I try to choose a source for the mail merge and I choose a data base file that is a Microsoft Excel comma seperated value file or a Microsoft Excel worksheet. I always get a window that pops up that says... "This operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures. Please try Again later." Any help would be really appreciated. See if updating your MDAC components and Jet helps Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 SP1 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=78cac895-efc2-4f8e-a9e0-3a1afbd5922e&DisplayLang=en Jet 4.0 Servi...

Moving between multiple columns quickly
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am trying to move across a spreadsheet from one end (column z) back to column A or last cell with data in it without having to tab all the way. on my pc I would use &quot;end&quot; and an arrow key but my mac keyboard does not have an &quot;end&quot; key. How do I do this? You can use Command + arrow key on the mac. ...

How do I seperate 1 page into 2 in MS Publisher 2003?
I have created a "Newsletter" for my company in Publisher 2003. It is all 1 page and I would like to seperate it into 2 so that the print break doesnt happen in the middle of text boxes. Also how can I convert the "newsletter" into a printer friendly format. Some people are unable to print it correctly so I would like to send it out as a more printer friendly format. I did try converting it to a PDF but it was then 26mb which is too big to email obviously. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You WolfMaster <WolfMaster@discussions.microsoft....

XML format of Visio Control....
Hi, Is there any way to get the XML format of a ActiveX Vision Document control (dropped in a C# form) without saving it physically in disk ? In other word is it possible to generate the XML format of a ActiveX Vision Document control (dropped in a C# form) for any change we do there without needing to save it in hdd ??? Thank You in advance. ...

Publisher Mail Merge via DDE?
I usually use Word for my mail merges, in which I connect to my data source via DDE. I am merging a lot of numbers with special formatting (percentages and dollars) and need to retain that formatting in my document. I need to use Publisher for one of my documents, but there does not appear to be an option to connect to my Excel spreadsheet via DDE. So, the formatting on my numbers is all screwed up. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! I found an answer to my own question in a previous post: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.publisher/browse_thread/thread/1afe33ff0644c701/b0...

How can I shrink a flyer to print two to a page?
I am using Microsoft Publisher and I can't seem to get it to print two whole flyers on one page. I tried using the two page spread option in the view tab- but this just gets a portion of the center twice? How can I get the publisher to do this? CS Flower wrote: > I am using Microsoft Publisher and I can't seem to get it to print > two whole flyers on one page. I tried using the two page spread > option in the view tab- but this just gets a portion of the center > twice? How can I get the publisher to do this? ===================================== What if y...

Paste Cells in Column A to Columns B-K
Hi All, I was wondering if someone can help with writing an Excel Macro or some scripting. What I am trying to achieve is the following. In Column A (A1:A1000) there are values of L0xxxxxx xxxxxx=numbers (i.e L0123456) What I want to be able to do is move the values from column A to Columns B-K (10 Columns) 10 values at a time, upto 100 lines. A B C D E F G H I J K L00001 L00001 L00002 L00003 L00004 .5 .6 .7 .8 .9 L00010 L00002 L00011 L00003 L00004 ..5 ..6 ..7 ..8 ..9 L00010 L00011 Any help would be appreciated. T...

Conditional Format #4
Hi, I've got some conditional formatting in some columns but not others. When I enter data in a row moving from one column to the next and I get to a column with no CF, Excel copies accros the CF from the previous column. Is this a 'Helpful' idea by Excel and if so can I turn it off? If it's not does anyone know how I can fix the columns with no conidtion to stay with the original formatting? Thanks Ian Try this: <Tools> <Options> <Edit> tab, And *UNCHECK* "Extend list formats and formulas". -- HTH, RD ===============================...

Mail Merge from Access with datasource being a password protected
I have an Access application distributed to users of Office 2003 and Office 2007 via a runtime front end. The application needs to trigger a Mail Merge which will use query results in back end, which is protected by a password. I have coded in VB to cope with this in an Office 2007 environment - but when running with Office 2003 Word is asking for the data source when initially opening the mail merge document from Accesss; when opened directly it does not ask for the data source and when responding with "No" to the SQL prompt it opens fine. Can anyone help? My code...

Last value in column before blank
Hi, My data in one column A:A - Where V100 &V101 are product codes, dates run down the column and Blank is a blank cell befor each new product code. V100 1-Sep-09 2-Sep-09 Blank V101 1-Oct-09 5-Oct-09 10-Oct-09 Blank Question is how do i return the date value for the last entry (eg before the blank) for each product code I want to find. Note also the last date entry is always the max value date. Eg V100 = 2-Sep and V101 =10-Oct. Thks Craig One formulas play ... Assume your source data running in A2 down Put these in B2:D2 In B2: =IF(LEFT(A2)="V",A2,IF(A2=&...

Empty cells showing that they are default formated to "Date"
I created a spead sheet with one column set as a date the first to the end of the month. The other columns have various in text and accounting info. If I click on a empty cell it show in the format section on the bar the the cell is set up to have a date entry. This is all over the page. Can any one tell me why this is happening? -- Fred You can correct that by setting the formating for the other columns. Simply click on the column(s) then right click and select Format cells, or select the column(s) then go to Format and then Cells. In the selection list choose any option bes...

Title Field
Is it possible to change the column type of the 'Title' field in my SharePoint list for example, to a 'Choice' field? I don't really need a 'Title' field, but of course I need to have the 'Edit menu' option on one of the fields, and I don't want it to be a 'single line of text'. Any help would be appreciated. -- Thanks, Rob E. I wouldn't recommend messing with the title column. It's a system column and it's better to be left alone. What you can do however: 1) Hide the Title column See: http://ferraradata.co...

Multiply columns and sum row?
OK I have a list of items starting in A1 down to A?, I have the associate costs of those items in Column B1 down to B?, and the quantity of thos items ordered starting in C1 down to C?. What I need is a formula tha will tell me the total cost of what that client ordered +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: sum 3.bmp |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4315 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- jt7 ------------------------------------------...

#N/A #2
Would appreciate some help on this............ I have some formulas set up in a spreadsheet that other people will fill progressively. In cells where the formula has no feeder' data to provide a result it displays "#N/A". Is there something I can add to the formula to make the cell appear blank unless there is data to go in there? Hi Bunny! Use: =IF(ISNA(YourFormula),"",Yourformula) -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Thank you again Mr Harker "Norman Harker" <njharker@optusnet.com.au> wrote in me...

formula looking for an either/or solution in same column
I have a spreadsheet with one column showing pay grade - O3, O4, W2, W3..... I have a formula which selects anything starting with O, but I need the formula to also look for either O or W and count both of them together. any help? The current formula is: =countifs(I2:I120,"=ASAE",B2:B120,"=O?",L2:L120"<1/1/2050") One way... =SUM(COUNTIFS(A2:A10,"ASAE",B2:B10,{"O*","W*"},C2:C10,"<"&DATE(2050,1,1))) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "J. Hunter" <JHunter@discussions.microsoft.com> ...