how do I do uneven colums in Publisher?

I want to know how to do uneven colums in Publisher. In my text box, there is
two colums, i want one to be bigger than ther other.
Thank you sooo much

If you mean bigger, then you will have to create two text boxes, link them. You
can go from one text box to the top of the next, ctrl+shift+enter
If you mean longer, ctrl+shift+enter will get you to the top of the next column.

--
Mary Sauer MVP
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"chante" <chante@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to know how to do uneven colums in Publisher. In my text box, there is
> two colums, i want one to be bigger than ther other.
> Thank you sooo much

0
Mary

Creating a Hyperlink to a Bookmark in Publisher 2003
I am creating an email newsletter in Publisher 2003. All works fine... I have a menu at the top of the newsletter that I want to hyperlink to the appropriate sections within the newsletter (essentially using the bookmark function of HTML). <a name="Section1"> How on earth can I: 1. Create Bookmarks in the publication (in either publication or HTML mode?) 2. Link to bookmarks within the same page of the publication? I have tried inserting HTML Fragments but this just seems to create a visual representation of the actual HTML in a new text box rather than creating the hyperl...

How to send a Publisher file via e-mail
I would like to be able to send flyers (made with Publisher 2000) via e-mail to our clients but many recipients do not have publisher in order to open the attachment. does anyone have any suggestions? PDF is the way to do it. No other satisfactory method. -- Might be the simplistic answer but.... Convert then to PDF first. ther's no reader available for Publisher but Adobe Acrobat is free everywhere. -- Best Regards, Bill Frost. Liverpool. U.K. (Outgoing mail Virus checked by Norton AV 2002) "Cathy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E21...

Document Imaging Writer and Publisher--incorrect number of pages? #2
When I scanned a document from Publisher using Microsoft Document Imagining Writer, it scanned 4 pages into 2 and lost some content. Don't know why this happened or how to fix it. Please advise. Thanks ...

my pictures print funny now I have upgraded to publisher 2003
Now I have upgraded to Office 2003 all of my images seem to have a ackground on them where as before they looked like piece of the paper. It happens in Word and now Publisher, I have tried to change the order Ie sending them backwards but still they print incorrectly. They look ok on screen Could be your printer driver... If the images have a transparent or white background they should print that way. Go to the manufacturer's web site, look around for a newer driver, read their support documents. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://m...

Publisher 2003 will not install
I am trying to install Publisher 2003 on my XP SP2 PC. The disk never loads in my PC. The CD drive just keeps trying, but nothing appears on my screen. I have 2 CD drives and it happens on both. I thought the disk was bad but I tried it on my WIN2K PC and it loaded fine. So, what is happening? Thanks - Freddg How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD Discs http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321641 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Freddg" <Freddg@discussions.mi...

How do I get design graphics to print in Publisher?
My son is working on a Publisher brochure. He downloaded design graphics to get started, but none of the graphics are appearing in print preview or printing out. Any ideas? Thx. Russ From where did you download the design elements? Are you inserting the art from file or are you doing a copy/paste? Are the pictures showing on your screen? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "russbehr" <russbehr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00C0AE24-317A-4CB4-813A-EFA0F78B033A@microsoft.com... >...

Using Word 2007 to edit text in Publisher 2007
I have recently bought a new computer with Windows 7 Pro (64bit) installed and now have a problem when editing text from Publisher 2007 in Word 2007. I produce our local church magazine where the main body of the text is Gill Sans 11pt. If I now right click the main body choose Change Text, Edit Story in MS Word, after editing and returning to Publisher all the 11pt text is now 10pt and I have to reformat it all again (this time in Publisher!). Previously I have been using Windows XP Pro with no such problems, so I think it may be a Win 7 problem. Has anyone else had a similar pro...

Web publishing Wizard
I am using Windows XP Pro and outlook 2000. When I try to save my calandar to a web page, I get an error that I need to install the explorer webpublishing wizard. I have tried this but it does no good. Also, all of the articals I have found on this issue focus on windows 98 or 2000, not XP. Any guidence would be appreciated. Terry Hi Terry, Web Publishing Wizard overview http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en- us/webpub_overview.mspx Please let me if i can be of further assistance... Thank You... Raghu... This posting is provided "AS IS"...

Serial numbers in Publisher 2003
I have lost my instructions for adding serial numbers to tickets I'm printing on ticket stock in Publisher 2003. As I recall it used mail merge and an Excel spread sheet with the numbers to serialize. Can someone help me locate this instruction? Thanks. "D.Duck" <Don@ld.duck> wrote in message news:OfctWLfGJHA.3504@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I have lost my instructions for adding serial numbers to tickets I'm > printing on ticket stock in Publisher 2003. As I recall it used mail > merge and an Excel spread sheet with the numbers to serialize. >...

how do I insert an endnote in publisher
Endnotes or footnotes can be inserted with word, How can it be done with publisher? Wray wrote: > Endnotes or footnotes can be inserted with word, How can it be done with > publisher? Manually, using superscripts, possibly extra text boxes, optionally the line tool. Publisher does not have endnotes or footnotes built in. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Weird Issue
Publisher XP installed in Windows 2000 the arrow keys dont work inside publisher (to nudge, or move the cursor in a text box) of course, the arrow keys work in other software. everything seems fine and dandy on other comptuers that have winXP and publisher XP. the problem seems exlusive to win2000 computers running publisher XP. clues? Do you have all the updates for Office XP and Windows 2000? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "Matt" <m...

publisher documents don't print out form emails.
I sent a publisher document as an e-mail to my customers. They can't print out the whole publication from the email. It only prints out the first page - the 2nd page is blank. I know ist must be somehting in my settings. Can anyone advise? "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CA5E161-4E75-4496-A53C-3FB30258E46B@microsoft.com... > I sent a publisher document as an e-mail to my customers. They can't print > out the whole publication from the email. It only prints out the first page - > the 2nd page is blank. > > I know ist m...

Publisher 2007
I have older versions of publisher which open automatically as the A4 page size. This is great. I have Publisher 2007 at work and this opens with the default page size set at A4 I also have publisher at Home, but this annoyingly always opens set at the american page size. I have to repeatedly go into the page setup and alter the size for every publication and set it to A4. Please can anyone advise if there is a way to set the default page size in Publisher 2007 so that it will always default to opening or creating an A4 size document. I have the English version of Office 2007 Ultimate. Ma...

Publisher 2003 should allow me to open Publisher 2000 files.
A calendar was created with Publisher 2000 (*.php) under Win98 and my new computer uses WinXP and has Publisher 2003. For calendars, P2003 creates *.pub files - - - is ther a way to open the P2000 files with P2003? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http...

Linked file in Publisher 2000
Hi is there a way to ensure that a linked file in a Publisher document is included within Pack and Go Thanks A ...

How do I find where a particular font is used in a Publisher docum
Using Publisher 2003, the document is a small book consisting of many text, image and caption boxes. The document shows that there are four diffrent fonts being used. It is the intention that only be so. How do I locate the other three fonts and change whatever is using them to the one 'master' font? Thank you By looking for it. Which fonts does the document use and which one are you looking for? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Colin" <Colin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75D37C29-BCD1-45AF-B919-8E74883A9FA2@microsoft.com... >...

News on Publisher version 12
Today at the closing of the 2005 MVP Summit ( http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2005/sep05/09-29MVPSummit.mspx ) it was announced publicly that the next release of Publisher due next year in Office "12", will have "save as" PDF functionality. http://alexdyb.blogspot.com/2005/10/office-12-will-support-pdf.html http://mindsharpblogs.com/todd/archive/2005/10/01/708.aspx I have seen a lot of Pub "12" and played with some early bits (beta 1 is expected late 2005) and can tell you that it is the most exciting release I've seen during my years of bei...

Publisher & PictureIt Platinum
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C36892.B0CCEDC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, Is there ant way to import Publisher to PictureIt Publishing? Is there any advantage? Is Publisher still the best for setting up newsletters and etc.? Thanks! Kevin B. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C36892.B0CCEDC0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> &...

Templates for publisher?
Where can I find a selection of restaurant menu templates for publisher?? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx Search for "menu". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "kimii1" <kimii1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:966DD0D0-FA0B-4E4B-A999-636A05DFC3A5@microsoft.com... > Where can I find a selection of restaurant menu templates for publisher?? >-----Original Message----- >Where can I find a selection of restaurant menu templates for publisher?? >. > Try here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templa...

publisher xp with office 2003
How can I install the publisher that is on my office xp pro with my office 2003. it seems to have a problem running either one of the programs after it is installed. I had to delete it and reinstall my office 2003. Thanks for your help. Did you buy the Office XP separately or was it preinstalled on a different computer than your Office 2003? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "skycam" <skycam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53E5AC4A-4719-46A7-A5EB-1785EB440C27@microsoft.com... > How can I install the publisher that is on my office xp pro w...

Saving publisher 2003 down to 2000 file size?
I have created a two page document in Publisher 2003. It contains text boxes, some word art and TIFF images at 300 dpi, and everything is in CMYK. My Publisher 2003 file size is 21,545 KB. My printer is requesting the file in Publisher 2000, so I resaved it using ‘Save as’ under a new file name. I am concerned because the Publisher 2000 file size is only 9,030 KB (about 42% smaller). Everything that I read about the 2000 file size versus the 2003 file size says that the 2000 file should be significantly larger. I received a warning about some components of my 2003 file not being s...

IE8 Problem with Publisher 2007 created website
It has come to my attention that whilst the side menu items on a website I have created with Publisher 2007 - www.bairnsdalekartclub.com - displays correctly in IE7, they do not appear when someone loads that website using the new IE8! What is the problem there? I have a friend who has downloaded IE8 and has confirmed that the left menu items are not visible at all. I myself only have IE7. The website I have created is going to be useless for people with IE8 as they will not be able to navigate around the site. Is there any way to rectify this? Awaiting your most immediate reply, ...

How to import an Outlook Calendar into a Publisher Calendar Templa
I need to create a printable calendar (preferably using Publisher), which includes all appointments in an Outlook Calendar - any way I can import the data from Outlook into Publisher? ...

Microsoft Publisher 2004
How do I resize a picture and retain its original dimensions? This was not a problem with Publisher 2000 Should this read "retain its original" aspect ratio? If so, doesn't resizing do this when selecting the corners of the image? (I'm a 2000 user). -- Don Vancouver, USA "Richard Llewellyn" <Richard Llewellyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4095415D-5360-4DEA-993B-7A2EFE8C1ADE@microsoft.com... > How do I resize a picture and retain its original dimensions? > This was not a problem with Publisher 2000 Right-click the image, c...

Microsoft Office 2000 Publisher
On my old computer using Windows 98 I had Publisher and some .pub files. On my new computer using XP, I loaded the Office Suite, but I no longer see Publisher. I still have the other Office programs, but even Setup doesn't show Publisher anymore. I need Publisher to see and work with my .pub files, but can't. How do I get Publisher back? Which version and edition of Office did you try to install? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "GJ" <GJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...