How do I design a label template?

I need to design a template in Publisher for round labels. I have downloaded 
the template from a web site in Word, but would like to use it in Publisher.
0
PegGall (3)
7/31/2005 9:36:02 PM
publisher 21446 articles. 6 followers. Follow

11 Replies
1871 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 43

What size?
The setup for 2.5 labels are
Side margin .25, top margin .5, Horizontal gap .25, vertical gap zero
This will result in 3 columns and 4 rows
Avery 5294


-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
"PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:D68BDD7B-CD5E-4E7A-BDD5-EB2498CB4B5A@microsoft.com...
>I need to design a template in Publisher for round labels. I have downloaded
> the template from a web site in Word, but would like to use it in Publisher. 


0
gsauer (5093)
7/31/2005 11:09:33 PM
They will be 3.33 in diameter. The same as Aver 5295.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What size?
> The setup for 2.5 labels are
> Side margin .25, top margin .5, Horizontal gap .25, vertical gap zero
> This will result in 3 columns and 4 rows
> Avery 5294
> 
> 
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:D68BDD7B-CD5E-4E7A-BDD5-EB2498CB4B5A@microsoft.com...
> >I need to design a template in Publisher for round labels. I have downloaded
> > the template from a web site in Word, but would like to use it in Publisher. 
> 
> 
> 
0
PegGall (3)
8/1/2005 2:08:02 AM
I am getting these measurements from CorelDraw, they have all the labels

For Avery 5295
Side margin .625
Top margin .5
Horizontal gap .6
Vertical gap zero

I'd print on plain paper first and see if they line up okay. Remember you are 
creating something round on a square. Might create a circle 3.33 x 3.33 so you will 
know where to put your objects.

-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
"PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:F4156159-82DB-48D2-8FAD-2E4835EAF2F0@microsoft.com...
> They will be 3.33 in diameter. The same as Aver 5295.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> What size?
>> The setup for 2.5 labels are
>> Side margin .25, top margin .5, Horizontal gap .25, vertical gap zero
>> This will result in 3 columns and 4 rows
>> Avery 5294
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:D68BDD7B-CD5E-4E7A-BDD5-EB2498CB4B5A@microsoft.com...
>> >I need to design a template in Publisher for round labels. I have downloaded
>> > the template from a web site in Word, but would like to use it in Publisher.
>>
>>
>> 


0
gsauer (5093)
8/1/2005 7:16:43 AM
Thank you. I love CorelDraw, just can't afford to buy it, very expensive.

This is greatly apprecated.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> I am getting these measurements from CorelDraw, they have all the labels
> 
> For Avery 5295
> Side margin .625
> Top margin .5
> Horizontal gap .6
> Vertical gap zero
> 
> I'd print on plain paper first and see if they line up okay. Remember you are 
> creating something round on a square. Might create a circle 3.33 x 3.33 so you will 
> know where to put your objects.
> 
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:F4156159-82DB-48D2-8FAD-2E4835EAF2F0@microsoft.com...
> > They will be 3.33 in diameter. The same as Aver 5295.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> What size?
> >> The setup for 2.5 labels are
> >> Side margin .25, top margin .5, Horizontal gap .25, vertical gap zero
> >> This will result in 3 columns and 4 rows
> >> Avery 5294
> >>
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> >> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:D68BDD7B-CD5E-4E7A-BDD5-EB2498CB4B5A@microsoft.com...
> >> >I need to design a template in Publisher for round labels. I have downloaded
> >> > the template from a web site in Word, but would like to use it in Publisher.
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
PegGall (3)
8/1/2005 2:39:03 PM
You are welcome, thanks for posting back, it is appreciated.

-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
"PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:BC2870F1-390A-44FD-B020-E28BF6C95EF1@microsoft.com...
> Thank you. I love CorelDraw, just can't afford to buy it, very expensive.
>
> This is greatly apprecated.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> I am getting these measurements from CorelDraw, they have all the labels
>>
>> For Avery 5295
>> Side margin .625
>> Top margin .5
>> Horizontal gap .6
>> Vertical gap zero
>>
>> I'd print on plain paper first and see if they line up okay. Remember you are
>> creating something round on a square. Might create a circle 3.33 x 3.33 so you 
>> will
>> know where to put your objects.
>>
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:F4156159-82DB-48D2-8FAD-2E4835EAF2F0@microsoft.com...
>> > They will be 3.33 in diameter. The same as Aver 5295.
>> >
>> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>> >
>> >> What size?
>> >> The setup for 2.5 labels are
>> >> Side margin .25, top margin .5, Horizontal gap .25, vertical gap zero
>> >> This will result in 3 columns and 4 rows
>> >> Avery 5294
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> -- 
>> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> >> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:D68BDD7B-CD5E-4E7A-BDD5-EB2498CB4B5A@microsoft.com...
>> >> >I need to design a template in Publisher for round labels. I have downloaded
>> >> > the template from a web site in Word, but would like to use it in Publisher.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
gsauer (5093)
8/1/2005 3:21:18 PM
Hi Mary,
Do you have the setup numbers for Avery #5293? (1 2/3" dia. circles)?  Your 
post is just the help I need - just a different size.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You are welcome, thanks for posting back, it is appreciated.
> 
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:BC2870F1-390A-44FD-B020-E28BF6C95EF1@microsoft.com...
> > Thank you. I love CorelDraw, just can't afford to buy it, very expensive.
> >
> > This is greatly apprecated.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> I am getting these measurements from CorelDraw, they have all the labels
> >>
> >> For Avery 5295
> >> Side margin .625
> >> Top margin .5
> >> Horizontal gap .6
> >> Vertical gap zero
> >>
> >> I'd print on plain paper first and see if they line up okay. Remember you are
> >> creating something round on a square. Might create a circle 3.33 x 3.33 so you 
> >> will
> >> know where to put your objects.
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> >> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:F4156159-82DB-48D2-8FAD-2E4835EAF2F0@microsoft.com...
> >> > They will be 3.33 in diameter. The same as Aver 5295.
> >> >
> >> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> What size?
> >> >> The setup for 2.5 labels are
> >> >> Side margin .25, top margin .5, Horizontal gap .25, vertical gap zero
> >> >> This will result in 3 columns and 4 rows
> >> >> Avery 5294
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >> -- 
> >> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> >> >> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >> news:D68BDD7B-CD5E-4E7A-BDD5-EB2498CB4B5A@microsoft.com...
> >> >> >I need to design a template in Publisher for round labels. I have downloaded
> >> >> > the template from a web site in Word, but would like to use it in Publisher.
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
Wallace (7)
9/11/2006 6:33:01 PM
A few months ago I was surfing and found a site that sells labels and 
cross-references Avery numbers. They have templates and also list 
dimensions.

This page will give you the information you need. Bear in mind that because 
you have round labels, the setup is going to be trickier.
http://www.worldlabel.com/autoconfig/autotemplates.asp?finditemnum=ol325

-- 

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]




"Bryce Wallace" <Bryce Wallace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:4F7737E1-6999-4848-99F5-09E1D689610A@microsoft.com...
> Hi Mary,
> Do you have the setup numbers for Avery #5293? (1 2/3" dia. circles)? 
> Your
> post is just the help I need - just a different size.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> You are welcome, thanks for posting back, it is appreciated.
>>
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:BC2870F1-390A-44FD-B020-E28BF6C95EF1@microsoft.com...
>> > Thank you. I love CorelDraw, just can't afford to buy it, very 
>> > expensive.
>> >
>> > This is greatly apprecated.
>> >
>> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>> >
>> >> I am getting these measurements from CorelDraw, they have all the 
>> >> labels
>> >>
>> >> For Avery 5295
>> >> Side margin .625
>> >> Top margin .5
>> >> Horizontal gap .6
>> >> Vertical gap zero
>> >>
>> >> I'd print on plain paper first and see if they line up okay. Remember 
>> >> you are
>> >> creating something round on a square. Might create a circle 3.33 x 
>> >> 3.33 so you
>> >> will
>> >> know where to put your objects.
>> >>
>> >> -- 
>> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> >> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:F4156159-82DB-48D2-8FAD-2E4835EAF2F0@microsoft.com...
>> >> > They will be 3.33 in diameter. The same as Aver 5295.
>> >> >
>> >> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> >> What size?
>> >> >> The setup for 2.5 labels are
>> >> >> Side margin .25, top margin .5, Horizontal gap .25, vertical gap 
>> >> >> zero
>> >> >> This will result in 3 columns and 4 rows
>> >> >> Avery 5294
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >> -- 
>> >> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> >> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> >> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> >> >> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> >> news:D68BDD7B-CD5E-4E7A-BDD5-EB2498CB4B5A@microsoft.com...
>> >> >> >I need to design a template in Publisher for round labels. I have 
>> >> >> >downloaded
>> >> >> > the template from a web site in Word, but would like to use it in 
>> >> >> > Publisher.
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
jl_paules (2769)
9/11/2006 6:43:45 PM
Thanks JoAnn - this is a real time saver for me!

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

> A few months ago I was surfing and found a site that sells labels and 
> cross-references Avery numbers. They have templates and also list 
> dimensions.
> 
> This page will give you the information you need. Bear in mind that because 
> you have round labels, the setup is going to be trickier.
> http://www.worldlabel.com/autoconfig/autotemplates.asp?finditemnum=ol325
> 
> -- 
> 
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> 
> 
> 
> 
> "Bryce Wallace" <Bryce Wallace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:4F7737E1-6999-4848-99F5-09E1D689610A@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Mary,
> > Do you have the setup numbers for Avery #5293? (1 2/3" dia. circles)? 
> > Your
> > post is just the help I need - just a different size.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> You are welcome, thanks for posting back, it is appreciated.
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> >> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:BC2870F1-390A-44FD-B020-E28BF6C95EF1@microsoft.com...
> >> > Thank you. I love CorelDraw, just can't afford to buy it, very 
> >> > expensive.
> >> >
> >> > This is greatly apprecated.
> >> >
> >> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> I am getting these measurements from CorelDraw, they have all the 
> >> >> labels
> >> >>
> >> >> For Avery 5295
> >> >> Side margin .625
> >> >> Top margin .5
> >> >> Horizontal gap .6
> >> >> Vertical gap zero
> >> >>
> >> >> I'd print on plain paper first and see if they line up okay. Remember 
> >> >> you are
> >> >> creating something round on a square. Might create a circle 3.33 x 
> >> >> 3.33 so you
> >> >> will
> >> >> know where to put your objects.
> >> >>
> >> >> -- 
> >> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> >> >> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >> news:F4156159-82DB-48D2-8FAD-2E4835EAF2F0@microsoft.com...
> >> >> > They will be 3.33 in diameter. The same as Aver 5295.
> >> >> >
> >> >> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >> >> >
> >> >> >> What size?
> >> >> >> The setup for 2.5 labels are
> >> >> >> Side margin .25, top margin .5, Horizontal gap .25, vertical gap 
> >> >> >> zero
> >> >> >> This will result in 3 columns and 4 rows
> >> >> >> Avery 5294
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> -- 
> >> >> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> >> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> >> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> >> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> >> >> >> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >> >> news:D68BDD7B-CD5E-4E7A-BDD5-EB2498CB4B5A@microsoft.com...
> >> >> >> >I need to design a template in Publisher for round labels. I have 
> >> >> >> >downloaded
> >> >> >> > the template from a web site in Word, but would like to use it in 
> >> >> >> > Publisher.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
9/11/2006 6:58:02 PM
Side Margin >> .44
Top Margin >>> .5
Horizontal Gap >> .38
Vertical Gap >> .04

Since these are round labels, I would create a 1.625 circle so you will keep 
your objects in bound. Round labels are tough to print, you have to have great 
faith your printer is accurate. These margins maybe a little off, Publisher 
doesn't want to use the correct dimensions, which are
Side, 4.38
Top, .5
H, .375
V, .042


-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx

"Bryce Wallace" <Bryce Wallace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:4F7737E1-6999-4848-99F5-09E1D689610A@microsoft.com...
> Hi Mary,
> Do you have the setup numbers for Avery #5293? (1 2/3" dia. circles)?  Your
> post is just the help I need - just a different size.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> You are welcome, thanks for posting back, it is appreciated.
>>
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:BC2870F1-390A-44FD-B020-E28BF6C95EF1@microsoft.com...
>> > Thank you. I love CorelDraw, just can't afford to buy it, very expensive.
>> >
>> > This is greatly apprecated.
>> >
>> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>> >
>> >> I am getting these measurements from CorelDraw, they have all the labels
>> >>
>> >> For Avery 5295
>> >> Side margin .625
>> >> Top margin .5
>> >> Horizontal gap .6
>> >> Vertical gap zero
>> >>
>> >> I'd print on plain paper first and see if they line up okay. Remember you 
>> >> are
>> >> creating something round on a square. Might create a circle 3.33 x 3.33 so 
>> >> you
>> >> will
>> >> know where to put your objects.
>> >>
>> >> -- 
>> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> >> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:F4156159-82DB-48D2-8FAD-2E4835EAF2F0@microsoft.com...
>> >> > They will be 3.33 in diameter. The same as Aver 5295.
>> >> >
>> >> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> >> What size?
>> >> >> The setup for 2.5 labels are
>> >> >> Side margin .25, top margin .5, Horizontal gap .25, vertical gap zero
>> >> >> This will result in 3 columns and 4 rows
>> >> >> Avery 5294
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >> -- 
>> >> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> >> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> >> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> >> >> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> >> news:D68BDD7B-CD5E-4E7A-BDD5-EB2498CB4B5A@microsoft.com...
>> >> >> >I need to design a template in Publisher for round labels. I have 
>> >> >> >downloaded
>> >> >> > the template from a web site in Word, but would like to use it in 
>> >> >> > Publisher.
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/11/2006 7:03:28 PM
It's a handy little site for this kind of stuff.

-- 

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]




"Bryce Wallace" <BryceWallace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:81CDA971-5BEB-46B9-8443-32321DDB8B09@microsoft.com...
> Thanks JoAnn - this is a real time saver for me!
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> A few months ago I was surfing and found a site that sells labels and
>> cross-references Avery numbers. They have templates and also list
>> dimensions.
>>
>> This page will give you the information you need. Bear in mind that 
>> because
>> you have round labels, the setup is going to be trickier.
>> http://www.worldlabel.com/autoconfig/autotemplates.asp?finditemnum=ol325
>>
>> -- 
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "Bryce Wallace" <Bryce Wallace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
>> message
>> news:4F7737E1-6999-4848-99F5-09E1D689610A@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi Mary,
>> > Do you have the setup numbers for Avery #5293? (1 2/3" dia. circles)?
>> > Your
>> > post is just the help I need - just a different size.
>> >
>> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>> >
>> >> You are welcome, thanks for posting back, it is appreciated.
>> >>
>> >> -- 
>> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> >> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:BC2870F1-390A-44FD-B020-E28BF6C95EF1@microsoft.com...
>> >> > Thank you. I love CorelDraw, just can't afford to buy it, very
>> >> > expensive.
>> >> >
>> >> > This is greatly apprecated.
>> >> >
>> >> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> >> I am getting these measurements from CorelDraw, they have all the
>> >> >> labels
>> >> >>
>> >> >> For Avery 5295
>> >> >> Side margin .625
>> >> >> Top margin .5
>> >> >> Horizontal gap .6
>> >> >> Vertical gap zero
>> >> >>
>> >> >> I'd print on plain paper first and see if they line up okay. 
>> >> >> Remember
>> >> >> you are
>> >> >> creating something round on a square. Might create a circle 3.33 x
>> >> >> 3.33 so you
>> >> >> will
>> >> >> know where to put your objects.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> -- 
>> >> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> >> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> >> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> >> >> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> >> news:F4156159-82DB-48D2-8FAD-2E4835EAF2F0@microsoft.com...
>> >> >> > They will be 3.33 in diameter. The same as Aver 5295.
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> >> What size?
>> >> >> >> The setup for 2.5 labels are
>> >> >> >> Side margin .25, top margin .5, Horizontal gap .25, vertical gap
>> >> >> >> zero
>> >> >> >> This will result in 3 columns and 4 rows
>> >> >> >> Avery 5294
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> -- 
>> >> >> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> >> >> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> >> >> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >> >> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> >> >> >> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> >> >> news:D68BDD7B-CD5E-4E7A-BDD5-EB2498CB4B5A@microsoft.com...
>> >> >> >> >I need to design a template in Publisher for round labels. I 
>> >> >> >> >have
>> >> >> >> >downloaded
>> >> >> >> > the template from a web site in Word, but would like to use it 
>> >> >> >> > in
>> >> >> >> > Publisher.
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
jl_paules (2769)
9/11/2006 7:07:54 PM
Thanks, Mary - You're right about the lables being tough to pring; I am 
noticing that it's tricky to manually align my labels with the label sheet - 
they're a little off.  I do appreciate this information.  Thanks!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Side Margin >> .44
> Top Margin >>> .5
> Horizontal Gap >> .38
> Vertical Gap >> .04
> 
> Since these are round labels, I would create a 1.625 circle so you will keep 
> your objects in bound. Round labels are tough to print, you have to have great 
> faith your printer is accurate. These margins maybe a little off, Publisher 
> doesn't want to use the correct dimensions, which are
> Side, 4.38
> Top, .5
> H, .375
> V, .042
> 
> 
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
> 
> "Bryce Wallace" <Bryce Wallace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:4F7737E1-6999-4848-99F5-09E1D689610A@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Mary,
> > Do you have the setup numbers for Avery #5293? (1 2/3" dia. circles)?  Your
> > post is just the help I need - just a different size.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> You are welcome, thanks for posting back, it is appreciated.
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> >> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:BC2870F1-390A-44FD-B020-E28BF6C95EF1@microsoft.com...
> >> > Thank you. I love CorelDraw, just can't afford to buy it, very expensive.
> >> >
> >> > This is greatly apprecated.
> >> >
> >> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> I am getting these measurements from CorelDraw, they have all the labels
> >> >>
> >> >> For Avery 5295
> >> >> Side margin .625
> >> >> Top margin .5
> >> >> Horizontal gap .6
> >> >> Vertical gap zero
> >> >>
> >> >> I'd print on plain paper first and see if they line up okay. Remember you 
> >> >> are
> >> >> creating something round on a square. Might create a circle 3.33 x 3.33 so 
> >> >> you
> >> >> will
> >> >> know where to put your objects.
> >> >>
> >> >> -- 
> >> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> >> >> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >> news:F4156159-82DB-48D2-8FAD-2E4835EAF2F0@microsoft.com...
> >> >> > They will be 3.33 in diameter. The same as Aver 5295.
> >> >> >
> >> >> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >> >> >
> >> >> >> What size?
> >> >> >> The setup for 2.5 labels are
> >> >> >> Side margin .25, top margin .5, Horizontal gap .25, vertical gap zero
> >> >> >> This will result in 3 columns and 4 rows
> >> >> >> Avery 5294
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> -- 
> >> >> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> >> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> >> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> >> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> >> >> >> "PegGall" <PegGall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >> >> news:D68BDD7B-CD5E-4E7A-BDD5-EB2498CB4B5A@microsoft.com...
> >> >> >> >I need to design a template in Publisher for round labels. I have 
> >> >> >> >downloaded
> >> >> >> > the template from a web site in Word, but would like to use it in 
> >> >> >> > Publisher.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
9/11/2006 7:40:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

sharepoint designer 2010 beta won't install
I installed Office and Visio 2010 beta (on windows 7) with no issues. However, when I try the Sharepoint Designer 2010 beta, it doesn't work. When I try to run it, the installer extracts files then terminates silently. I tried the same thing on my test windows 7 x64 vm with the same issue. These messages appear in the application log: Log Name: Application Source: MsiInstaller Date: 12/31/2009 11:48:38 AM Event ID: 1004 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: home-pc Description:...

Letter templates and Rules
Hello all, I am trying to set up a work flow rule that states; After 3 hrs if the statuse code of a case has not changed send and email to 4 managers The problem is when I use an email template it wants to send an email to the account as well as everyone else and the "To:" portion is blanked out. How can i have a rule thats sends an emails relating to a specific case notifying the managers of no status change without sending the account an email notifying them that our service dept is slow and lazy? Thanks Dan ------=_NextPart_0001_3112C2C5 Content-Type: text/plain Conten...

Creating templates #2
I want to create a Publisher template that user can not alter. Right now when you save as a "template", anyone that opend the file can move graphics or anything. How do you save an uneditable publisher file? Rand And, if it were uneditable what use would it be to anyone? "Rand_daddy" <Rand_daddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A84460B-B3C6-439F-8040-B102478EB005@microsoft.com... |I want to create a Publisher template that user can not alter. Right now when | you save as a "template", anyone that opend the file can move graphics or |...

Replace default with template
I have created a template for composing new emails - how do I replace the default used with the template? ...

navigate tab pages in design view
existing 03 form has tabbed pages; in form view user moves w/ buttons that ..setfocus to the correct tab page in design view only the main form controls show and can't find any handle to go to the other pages and their controls.... any ideas? tia -- NTC Just click on the tab you want to see. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "NetworkTrade" wrote: > existing 03 form has tabbed pages; in form view user moves w/ buttons that > .setfocus to the correct tab page > > in design view only the main form controls show and can't find any handle to > go t...

Help needed with table design/layout for newbie
Hi, i have just joined the forum and have built a few DB's in the past but found i have forgotten almost everything! I do remember with a previous DB i layed the tables out incorrectly which impacted on the flexibility down the line so would like advise before i start in order to get a good foundation. My dB is for our watersports centre to book people onto courses and retain their details in a contacts table to be imported to Outlook for mailing info. We run various courses which then run on multiple dates across the year. So for example we may run a Powerboat Level 1 course, this...

Label Mail Merge
If possible, how can I print full-sheet labels per name using mail merge in Publisher. I have designed a label and need 6 copies per name of this label. the Print multiple copies per sheet produces 6 different names on a page. Hi Ciara692 (Ciara692@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || If possible, how can I print full-sheet labels per name using mail || merge in Publisher. I have designed a label and need 6 copies per || name of this label. the Print multiple copies per sheet produces 6 || different names on a page. Check out the following link: http://www.publishe...

Adding a large "DRAFT" label to a report upon printing
I have a highly formatted report with user setup options driven via a form tied to a REPORT_OPTIONS table. One of the report options is IS_DRAFT, (Yes/No field). How would I generate a large semi-transparent or colored "DRAFT - NOT FOR RELEASE" or similar label to print out across the page (i.e., across the detail records) if the user wishes to circulate the report prior to final release? Ideally, I'd like the DRAFT label angled as is customary in Word, WordPerfect, etc., but I've never seen that done in Access before. Thoughts? Thanks, Tom ...

Creating a new excel template like SFO quote mailmerge template
I want to create an excel template for calculation purposes on quote form. Print Quote for customer on SFO lets you create a word mailmerge template. Just like that I want to create a custom menu item which will let me bring up an excel template, on which I can do calculations and pass that calculation back to quote. Any pointers on how do do this ? Thanks in advance for the help. ...

OT: RTF Question: Is this a bug or by design?
This could be considered slightly off-topic, so I'm sorry. But everyone here always provides great feedback, so I'd like your thoughts. In Vista, customize your visual Theme to use a "classic appearance" and select "High Contrast Black". Open Wordpad (which uses an RTF Control/View). Type some text and print it. You'll see the text gets printed, inheriting your visual style, white text on a black background. Set the same Visual Theme win Windows XP and open Wordpad, type some text and print it. You get Black Text on a white background. The behavior in ...

I need a template for avery 6572
I am trying to format a lable 6572 (avery). I can't find it in publisher 2003 - and I can use word, although the lable doesn't look as good, because I have to save it as a jpg. Any ideas? Often the same Avery label will be found under different numbers. They change because of ink jet or laser, color, and/or quantity. It could be that the label you need is called something else. I'd suggest checking Avery's website and see if this is the case. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "helpmerhon...

Labels #3
I have a spreadsheet with columns for name, address, city, state and zip. I want to create labels in Word and input the data from the spreadsheet, rather than re-typing. Is that possible? Sure, Look in HELP index and archives (or google search) for mail merge -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E65F4551-8CBC-4888-987B-7168DA166B9F@microsoft.com... > I have a spreadsheet with columns for name, address, city, state and zip. I want to create labels in Word and input the data from the spreadshe...

Create Outlook Calendar Template
Here's how I'd like to use Outlook 2003's Calendar. This is for personal, not enterprise use. I've created a weekly calendar template in a new pst file that organizes each day of the week in a standardized way. My schedule, however, is such that frequent variations from the standard are necessary. What I'd like to be able to do is to copy the entire week's events from the template to my day-to-day working calendar. I can then make changes as the events of each day dictate. In other words, I want to copy and paste a whole week's events (or at least a whole day'...

Reset Tab Order on Template Contact Detail Form
I have edited the design of the Contacts Detail Template form. How do I reset the tab order to start with the new text boxes I have entered? In Design View I selected all of the text boxes, selected Tab Order, and for the template only "tabContacts appears for the Tab Order rather than the list of text boxes in the tab order. The new items I added are on the list, but in order to make the form work, I had to move them to the top of the form. When I return to form view, select Save and New, the tab goes to my new tab "Category1" then "Category2", then it goes to...

Change number when you open the excel template
Hi everebody My intention is to make a template to my reports. To make order in al my reports I want a macro that change the reports number every time open the template. First time I open the template the reports number will be 1 (The strin in the workbook is Report number 1) and next time report number 2..... I hope it is possible and that one of you excel members will help m out! Thank you and best regards Run -- mowe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mowen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=846 View this...

where can i find a M
Where can I find a grid type Monday to sunday A5size 12 page planner tp use in publishser which is easy to download. I have tried downloading 12 page calendar templates with the intention of reducing the size to A5 somehow but they download in code and i cant decode them successfully on my computer. I have vista. Can anyone provide me with simple instructions and advice. thank you. Download in code? Please explain. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "denise" <denise@discussions.mic...

Table design and viewing on form
Hello, I have a database which I use to keep scores during a shooting contest. In this database I have a form that's linked to a table to enter the shooter scores. In the current table I have 60 fields to collect the shot scores for each target. I would like to simplify this table and I have an idea on how to do this. I would make a design as follows. MatchID SCOREID REEKS S1 S2 S3 S4 S5 S6 S7 S8 S9 S10 Totaal 1 1 1 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 90 1 1 ...

editing excel templates
how we have to edit the templates in msexcel What problem are you having with editing them now? Ordinarily you simply locate the .xlt file, open it, edit it and save back out as .xlt template file. But some templates with macros or other special features may be protected, either at the worksheet or code project level(s) with passwords, in which case you'll need to get those portions needing editing unprotected before changes can be made. "kaja" wrote: > how we have to edit the templates in msexcel > ...

Glamour models & Fasion designing New look watch my profile http://www.geocities.com/cathrina39 #2
Glamour models & Fasion designing New look watch my profile http://www.geocities.com/cathrina39 ...

Template location
I would like to change the address of a template I am using for invoices (INVDB.XLS). It is normally in Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library but I have had to install my copy of Office 2000 in Program Files\Microsoft Office 2000. When I open a previous invoice I get an error stating that the INVDB.XLS file can not be found (because the link to the file is not pointing to the correct folder), but I can not change that link in the invoice to point to the correct location. Any thoughts about how to do that?? an .xls file is not a template. If you save it as .xlt then you have a ...

How do I customize data labels
I want to customize my data labels. I don't want them to be the values of the bar graphs. I don't want to include the data that I want to be the labels because then it will show up as bar chart. Example I am graphing averages and I want the N to be the lables but I don't need the N to be in a graph. On Thu, 23 Aug 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Allison <Allison@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I want to customize my data labels. I don't want them to be the values of the >bar graphs. I don't want to include the data that I want to be the labels...

audit template in Excel?
I am a health claims auditor and would like to create an audit template that automatically scores a claim in Excel. Has anyone else done this? If you don't get a good reply, you may want to search google. Give it a few good keywords (Excel template audit) and probably a few more to limit the number of hits. Michael Hughes wrote: > > I am a health claims auditor and would like to create an audit template that > automatically scores a claim in Excel. Has anyone else done this? -- Dave Peterson ...

Multiple X and Y Axis labels
Hi again -- I'm trying to create a chart with multiple X and Y axis labels. These labels are not associated with different data series, but are associated with the same data -- just different labels on the axes. Like this which I created manually. Is there another way to do this? '[image: http://aycu35.webshots.com/image/3674/1140386703162621086_rs.jpg]' (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/viewimage?imageID=1140386703162621086) I'm familiar with Peltier's methods and Office Expander's multiple Y axis tool http://www.officeexpander.com/multy_y/index.html but don&#...

I need a customer registration form template for a small tax prep.
I have a small tax preparation service, I am looking for a template to help me with customer record keeping. It should be something like an application for the customer to fill out and should include their name, spouse's name, address, phone number, employers for both spouses, and types of occupations, social security numbers, desired filing status, names of up to 6 dependants and their social security numbers and relationships to the filer, etc. If anyone can help me with this, please email me at vampiress_gabriellah@hotmail.com This could even be a word, or publisher template ...

Excel should let me align data labels in different series (Excel .
I have a line chart showing several series of data. I would like to select / align labels from differents series. Excel 2000 only allows me to select one series of data labels for alignment. I prepare a chart representing several months of data with a horizontal line for each month. I would like to select one label from each of the series. You should be able to select individual data labels. Click the data label once, this will select all data labels for the series. Click the data label again to select the individual data label. Cheers Andy dlearndeltondo wrote: > I have a line ...