How do I create custom border using peoples names?

0
Val (44)

There are many it could be done. I'd set up text boxes and go from there.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jl_amerson (3088)
6/1/2005 9:53:11 PM
In addition to JoAnn's reply, you could use WordArt as well. WordArt allows
you the opportunity to rotate, flip, arrange etc. and resize as well as save
as an image.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
bkvalheim1 (519)
6/2/2005 5:33:11 PM
This is probably one of those things that can be done about four dozen
different ways.  :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In addition to JoAnn's reply, you could use WordArt as well. WordArt
> allows you the opportunity to rotate, flip, arrange etc. and resize as
> well as save as an image.
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com

> confers no rights.
> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jl_amerson (3088)
6/2/2005 7:01:42 PM
True...in fact, you could use autoshapes and line, using overlapping and
textures to create letters...to create words. Might take a couple years to
complete a sentence, but at least the option is there :)
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> This is probably one of those things that can be done about four dozen
> different ways.  :-)
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> In addition to JoAnn's reply, you could use WordArt as well. WordArt
>> allows you the opportunity to rotate, flip, arrange etc. and resize as
>> well as save as an image.
>> --
>> Brian Kvalheim
>> Microsoft Publisher MVP
>> http://www.publishermvps.com
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
>> confers no rights.
>> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
bkvalheim1 (519)
6/2/2005 7:39:37 PM
Oh man! I'd never even considered that option. It boggles the mind to think
of all of that wasted time to do it that way. I'd rather spend time in deep
conversation with my cats than try that.

--

> True...in fact, you could use autoshapes and line, using overlapping and
> textures to create letters...to create words. Might take a couple years to
> complete a sentence, but at least the option is there :)
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com

> confers no rights.
> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> This is probably one of those things that can be done about four dozen
>> different ways.  :-)
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> In addition to JoAnn's reply, you could use WordArt as well. WordArt
>>> allows you the opportunity to rotate, flip, arrange etc. and resize as
>>> well as save as an image.
>>> --
>>> Brian Kvalheim
>>> Microsoft Publisher MVP
>>> http://www.publishermvps.com
>>>
>>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
>>> confers no rights.
>>> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jl_amerson (3088)

Can I create a FORM (that I can modify etc) from an existing spreadsheet?
I have a worksheet (imported from a web page) that is set up with the layout I want. Is there a way I can import the "look" of this sheet, create a user form, and then assign the fields to another worksheet (using VBA) Thanks Bruce ...

How can I email an excel file using my outlook contacts?
"cheflady" <cheflady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9C13E60-150D-4F03-B519-A8769F08CD0F@microsoft.com... > > <sigh> Please use the big white space to write your question........ exactly the same way you email ANY file..... go to file\send\mail recipient( as attachment) "Gordon" wrote: > "cheflady" <cheflady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:F9C13E60-150D-4F03-B519-A8769F08CD0F@microsoft.com... > > > > > > > <sigh> Please use the big white space to write you...

Changing Function to use a Date Input
Hi. can anyone please advise me on how to change the function keys.. sa F10, F11 & F12 to use to input a date into a cell. EG. F10 to be 01/01/04 F11 to be 02/01/04 F12 to be 03/01/04 What I require is to go to any cell and press the relevant function ke to Input the associated date Any help would be greatly appreciate Many thank Rob PS using Excel 200 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com First, I'm not sure if you entered Jan 1, 2004, Feb 1, 2004, and Mar 1, 2004 or Jan 1st-3rd, 2004. Here are a couple of macros. The first turns this on, the second turns it...

Header name
Hey, I have set up microsoft outlook to receive e-mail from 2 pop3 accounts and have created rules to make the e-mails seperate into seperate inboxes, however. When i print out e-mails it has 'Will Dixon' at the very top in bold (the message header) how can i change this as i want it to read the name of the organisation? Thanks Jonny Tools>Email Accounts>View or Change>Select Account>Change>Edit "Your Name" "Jonny" <j0nnyd@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:003c01c355dc$c6624180$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hey, > > I have set up m...

Display Name Resolution situation
I have a situation with three internal Exchange mailboxes: MB1 = Mike - sent a message to Sarah MB2 = Sarah - Sarah did not receive the message MB3 = John - John received the message In John's mailbox, the To field shows the following: Sarah (sarah@domain.com) But when you right-click on "Sarah (sarah@domain.com)" and choose Properties, you see all the GAL information for John's mailbox. None of the mailboxes have have anything in their contacts folders, nor do we have any Public folder contacts. It is my understanding that whenever a message is delivered ...

Create List or Dictionary
Hello, I need to create a List or a Dictionary with only to items: Id = 1, Key = "Subscribe" Id = 2, Key = "Unsubscribe" Is it possible to create such a list or dictionary with only one code line? Thank You, Miguel Dictionary<string, int> toto = new Dictionary<int, string> { { "Subscribe" , 1}, { "Unsubscribe", 2 } }; Vanderghast, Access MVP "shapper" <mdmoura@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a31b4a74-f280-490b-a608-a5a2dfc357cb@r34g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I ...

tender using outside gift card
Hi, does anyone know how to 'pass' the transaction total to an outside exe or dll? we are trying to process the transaction with a gift card (not an internal gift card, this GC is another company who wants to 'share' the gift card balance). basically RMS needs to pass the transaction total to the exe (or dll) which will query the balance of the gift card (over the internet and/or local DB). the exe/dll will query its database and return a yes or no to RMS any help would be appreciated. scott@kanesvending.com -- Walt You use what's called a "Hook" function t...

Transferring data between worksheets using Sheet Command?
Hi for an assignment i have to enter grades for 200 students in 4 subjects. there is a front summary sheet that contains all the subjects and all the students and their overall grade GPA etc.. anyway this summary sheet has to be populated automatically from the individual math, english etc.. worksheets. The guide says to do it using the 'sheet command' any help greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Customize Toolbar Settings
Hello. I have MS Office Professional 2003. I am attempting to customize the toolbars in Word and Excel. However, the toolbar reverts to the standard buttons after I close the program and reopen it. I have never seen this before. Can someone help. Thanks. ...

Why does Excel in XP create new files?
Excel adds duplicate files - Assist Log (2).xle, asssits Log (3).xls. Why? Can I make this stop. It appears all the files are identical - so if I just delete the extra files will I be losing any data? hi, I think this is something new in xl relating to thier file recovery during a GPF shutdown. but i keep getting it even without a GPF. when i save, excel will just up and ask me which file i want to save leaveing me sitting there asking "what do you mean which file. i only have one." it's getting anoying. >-----Original Message----- >Excel adds duplicate files - ...

Using 'Add to Favourites' option on a shared calendar not working
In Outlook 2007 we have a few users who are unable to add a shared calendar to their Calendars->Other Calendars list. The steps that work on a mojority of computers are: 1. Go->Folder List. 2. Navigate to Public Folders->All Public Folders->...->Communal Calendar. 3. Right Click on Communal Calendar and select 'Add to Favourites'. 4. Click OK on 'Add to Favourites' dialog. 5. Go->Calendar and the calendar should have appeared under 'Other Calendars' list. However, in a few cases when OK is clicked in step 4 the calendar never appears in...

Winmail.Dat Being Created On Plain Text Emails
I am running Outlook 2003 with all the updates and I am having a winmail.dat file created on every email that I send even the ones in Plain Text. Are there other settings that I need to make in Outlook to stop this from happening? Thanks. Rick Bellefond RB Data Services www.rbdata.com Try turning off Word as your e-mail editor to see if it stops. (See Tool > Options > Mail Format tab) If Word is off, go to Tools > Options > Mail Format tab > Internet Options. Make sure the dropdown in the middle of the dialog is not set to Outlook Rich Text. Check the e-mail address...

Dumb question... how to create a Enterprise Formula Custom Field
Guys, I'm writing because I've tried and search but can't get it ... From PWA I created a Project Custom Field "MyField" of type Text with the formula "Hello World", I tried with " and '. When I open a project the field returns #ERROR. I published to see if magic happens, but nothing. I did the same with type number and formula 10, same result. So In the end, I can't get any formula to work. What am I doing wrong ... I googled with no success. Perhaps try opening the project and hitting the F9 button to refresh calculations? Does ...

set regarding show only "name"
Hi, When you set regarding an entity, the text that is pasted to the "regarding:" bar in the outlook shows only the "name" of the entity. The relevant entity instance name is a lookup attribute due to the fact that this is a connecting entity (product for customer) identified by two tables keys (product key and account key). It is not suitable to have the user type a "name" that is repetition of these two keys. How the "set regarding" view can be manipulated to have a lookup attribute displayed on the email ? (the account name is the email source so ...

Custom Paper Size For Publisher
I've created 2 custom paper sizes using the "Print Sever Properties" method as suggested by Microsoft and yet neither of these new forms are being shown in Publisher (or word) in either Page Set-Up or Printer Options. Any ideas as to why? You have no idea about setting up print servers. Suggest you find somebody that knows what they are doing in setting up print servers. "aghent" <aghent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D275C608-1FCA-408B-967B-F380A288E461@microsoft.com... | I've created 2 custom paper sizes using the "Print Sever P...

CALCULATING DEPRECIATION USING ACCESS
HOW DO I DO IT? Why don't you ask the Access newsgroup instead of the Microsft CRM ng? -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com "PATRICK" <PATRICK@GLWHOLESALE.COM> wrote in message news:026d01c352d1$755a23b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > HOW DO I DO IT? ...

How to use this DeleteEMFs() Macro
This macro was on the MicroSoft website as a work around for the .emf storage problem http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299372 What exactly does this macro do and how should I use it? I want to remove all the .emf files from a particular Excel File. B/c the workbook creates hundreds or thousands of temp .emf files everytime it opens and it takes forever to open.. Thank you very much for any help! george Private Sub Workbook_Open() Call DeleteEMFs End Sub Private Sub DeleteEMFs() Dim fso As Variant Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject"...

Match name, value & identify errors
Thanks in advance, Data: ------data 1------ --------data 2------ col A col B col C col D yum 180 yum 180 yum 200 yum 630 yum 430 yum 832 yum 330 Objective: Match data 1 to data 2 and identify errors Roll 1 - no problems, both names and value matches Roll 2 & 3 matches of Data 1 matches to roll 2 of data 2 (or vice versa and it could hv 3 values in matches to ...

custom date format 04-12-10
I can use the built-in formats in XL2003 to get a date like " Monday, September 27, 2010". Is it possible to create a custom format to give a date like "Mon, Sept 27, 2010"? Thanks so much for all the help, past, present, and future!! Tonso How about Mon, Sep 27, 2010 If that's ok, try: ddd, mmm dd, yyyy or ddd, mmm d, yyyy Tonso wrote: > > I can use the built-in formats in XL2003 to get a date like " Monday, > September 27, 2010". Is it possible to create a custom format to give > a date like "Mon, Sept 27, 201...

How to re-create an MFC app
Hello I am using Visual C++ v6 and have an MFC sample but without the dsw/dsp files. So I have the .rc file etc. What is the easiest make to re-create the project. I think it was created in an earlier version of Visual C++. There is a makefile but if I run nmake - it doesn't create any project files. Angus In VC6, you should be able to open the make file in IDE. File::Open Workspace should do it. Once you open it, see if you can save it as ..dsp or it may prompt you to create it when you open it. --- Ajay to recreate the project open MFC and create new WIN32 empty project, F...

Click Excel custom menu item via MFC automation
Hi, I have a question regarding custom Excel 2003 menu item click via MFC automation. The VBA version of the action I want to do is pretty straightforward: Application.CommandBars(1).Controls("NumeriX").Controls("Object Tools").Controls("Delete All Objects").Execute Now I need to translate the above line to C++ code. I already have the automation classes for CCommandBars, CCommandBar0, CCommandBarControls, CCommandBarControl classes generated by VS.NET 2003 class wizard. The interesting thing is that the get_Item() method of CCommandBarControl...

Problem
i all I am having a strange issue with my excell file since a while. This is the second year I am using it without problem. I start a workday with a new sheet so every morning I just copy (Edit/Move or Copy Sheet) the latest sheet, rename it and use it. All of a suddent when I perform this operation I have a prompt that says "a formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name 'aaa', which exists in the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name?" I would hit yes to proceed, then I would get over 50 other prompts with differ...

Batch Naming of ranges
Dear all, There are 80 sheets in my workbook. I want to name the ranges A1:B20 with systematic names in these 80 sheets, say, student_01 for Sheet1!A1:B20, student_02 for Sheet2!A1:B20, ..., student_80 for Sheet80!A1:B20. Can I name these ranges easily? Thanks. Best Regards, Andy Dim i As Long For i = 1 To 80 Worksheets("Sheet" & i).Range("A1:B20").Name = "student_" & Format(i, "00") Next i -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Andy Chan" <chankhandy-msnewsgroup...

Urgent Global Customer
Hi , I am a having a very urgent issue regarding the global customer, we are using RMS with HQ, we have 6 stores and all the stores are connected to HQ in all the stores customers is defined as global customers , the problem started after i have merged the customer accounts, Below is the query i used 1) DECLARE @CustomerKeep INT DECLARE @CustomerDelete INT SET @CustomerKeep = (SELECT ID FROM Customer WHERE AccountNumber = 'X') SET @CustomerDelete = (SELECT ID FROM Customer WHERE AccountNumber = 'Y') UPDATE AccountReceivable SET CustomerID = @CustomerKeep WHERE Cu...

Barcoding Customers #2
I would like to start barcoding customer account cards and customer loyalty cards. Any suggestions? -- Blue Valentine Fashions for All of Your Nightly Affairs For something inexpensive, go to the Avery paper website. Download their Design Pro Limited program create a business card size with your info on it, with an incremental barcode number on it and print to a business card stock, either from Avery or any supplier with the same dimensions. http://tinyurl.com/7mma For something fancier, go to Google and type gift or id cards. I have customers who purchased from vanguardid.com -- ...