How do I create custom border using peoples names?

0
Val (44)

There are many it could be done. I'd set up text boxes and go from there.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jl_amerson (3088)
6/1/2005 9:53:11 PM
In addition to JoAnn's reply, you could use WordArt as well. WordArt allows
you the opportunity to rotate, flip, arrange etc. and resize as well as save
as an image.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
bkvalheim1 (519)
6/2/2005 5:33:11 PM
This is probably one of those things that can be done about four dozen
different ways.  :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In addition to JoAnn's reply, you could use WordArt as well. WordArt
> allows you the opportunity to rotate, flip, arrange etc. and resize as
> well as save as an image.
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com

> confers no rights.
> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jl_amerson (3088)
6/2/2005 7:01:42 PM
True...in fact, you could use autoshapes and line, using overlapping and
textures to create letters...to create words. Might take a couple years to
complete a sentence, but at least the option is there :)
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> This is probably one of those things that can be done about four dozen
> different ways.  :-)
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> In addition to JoAnn's reply, you could use WordArt as well. WordArt
>> allows you the opportunity to rotate, flip, arrange etc. and resize as
>> well as save as an image.
>> --
>> Brian Kvalheim
>> Microsoft Publisher MVP
>> http://www.publishermvps.com
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
>> confers no rights.
>> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
bkvalheim1 (519)
6/2/2005 7:39:37 PM
Oh man! I'd never even considered that option. It boggles the mind to think
of all of that wasted time to do it that way. I'd rather spend time in deep
conversation with my cats than try that.

--

> True...in fact, you could use autoshapes and line, using overlapping and
> textures to create letters...to create words. Might take a couple years to
> complete a sentence, but at least the option is there :)
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com

> confers no rights.
> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> This is probably one of those things that can be done about four dozen
>> different ways.  :-)
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> In addition to JoAnn's reply, you could use WordArt as well. WordArt
>>> allows you the opportunity to rotate, flip, arrange etc. and resize as
>>> well as save as an image.
>>> --
>>> Brian Kvalheim
>>> Microsoft Publisher MVP
>>> http://www.publishermvps.com
>>>
>>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
>>> confers no rights.
>>> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jl_amerson (3088)

Unable to add Exchange DNS name to Recipient Policy
Hi there We recently upgraded to Exchange 2003 from 2000, and I noticed that an entry in the default recipient policy - @servername.domainname - which in turn stamps each user account with a username@servername.domainname address, was missing. On trying to add the rule to the policy again, we get this error:- This domain address cannot be used for a recipient policy because it matches the name of an Exchange server. ID no: c1031340 Exchange System Manager We need the @servername.domainname address to be configured for each user as our workflow system uses this to skip our Linux serve...

Testing for ODBC names
Hi all I want to get a list of ODBC connections, and then pick one - the point is, that the connection I am looking for might be spelled differently (e.g. with space). So with a list I can find it eaily. Any suggestions? Sonnich The ODBC connections i a workbook are the queries you created. the appear in the workbook names. So you can search through the names. Youcan see the named in one of two palces 1) Insert Name define 2) File Property custom You can also find all the queries in a workbook and then look at the conenction property. for each sht in sheets for ...

How can I create a graph & execute Excel from a non- MS environme
I would like to set up an application that can be run from Unix or another operating system that can be used to display a graph in Excel.(maybe a perl script, or something?) I can create a csv file from the data coming from a non-microsoft environment. I would like to be able to then run a unix system command, or a command that can be executed from the "run" line from MS Start menu that would use this data to open Excel and display the data as a chart. CJ Dev Wrote: > I would like to set up an application that can be run from Unix o > another > operating system that...

Mutual Fund Names and Stock Names displayed on multiple lines
In 2005 Deluxe, Portfolio Manager, Group by Investment Type, the same mutual fund is incorrectly listed on multiple lines. And, if I move the cursor over different lines, the names sometime change. The mkt values appear correct, but the fund names are all messed up. Is there an update or service pack ready yet to fix this and/or other problems? -- Greg Have the same problem with money 2005 canadian version the Symbol,Name,Last Price and %Change change to the line the cursor was on before all else stay the same. Rudolf "Greg" wrote: > In 2005 Deluxe, Portfolio Manage...

how do i create an access code sheet to number my office files an.
im new to this office. the former person made an access code sheet (looks like it was made in excel, but im not sure) the sheet numbers and color codes files that are in the office. i guess the former did not save the sheet, and i need to add new files. So if i need to make a new access code sheet to number and color code all files, which way will be the easiest to do this. (and i've never used excel or word to do this, so please leave how-to instructions) you may want to use word to do this so you can use the label function. you could just as easily do it in excel as well simpl...

excel database 25,000 plus names
I am working with a database i set up in excel. It has over 25,000 names, total size of file is 274mb. If i transfer all my data from an excel database to access, will i work faster. Right now it takes forever to open and save. I am told it is not my computer. any tips??? -- mikedipaol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikedipaola's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55465 If this is just a datastore, then yes, it is better in Access and wh...

Calculating time worked using 100ths of an hour, from 1 day into n
Calculating time worked, using 100ths of hr. (for instance 22.73-06.92). How do I calculate it correctly since I can't just subtract the end time from the start time as I do for same day start and stop times? How about =if(endtime>startime, endtime-startime,(endtime+24.0)-startime) -- Gary's Student "maintchief" wrote: > Calculating time worked, using 100ths of hr. (for instance 22.73-06.92). How > do I calculate it correctly since I can't just subtract the end time from the > start time as I do for same day start and stop times? That pluse a mino...

Custom View: Keeping worksheet hidden?
(Excel 2003) I've got a workbook with several worksheets (some hidden). I'd like to use "custom views" to basically set the print/page setup for each worksheet---the setup varies per sheet. Custom view allows me to do this, but it also unhides the worksheets. Question: Is there anyway to keep a Custom View from hidding/unhiding a worksheet? I tried saving the view with the sheet hidden and unhidden, but when I select the view, it shows everything as the view was saved. Problem is, the worksheets that are hidden are unhidden by other events....the custom view is interfering ...

Copying file names and not the actual file
I have a folder in Excel which contains about 500 files with different file names refering to a different client: e.g. "Proforma Bill Smith-GS010203" "proforma John Smith- CS010302" I am currently tying to set up an Excel spreadsheet and would like to copy just the file names into the spreadsheet - not the actual file. I have been trying to copy and paste, just the file titles and had no luck, as excel only wants to copy the file. In Excel you can "Copy" and "Paste Special" if you want to just copy the values, and I wondered whether you could do ...

how i can use CEDitView member function
hi ,Can any one tell me that how i can use the CEditView member funcion ,if my VIEW CLASS IS DERIVED FROM CView instead of CEditView. for example void CTEST9View::OnUpdate(CView* pSender, LPARAM lHint, CObject* pHint) { CEdit& theEdit = GetEditCtrl(); ------------------ ------------------ } But I am unable to get Get GetEditCtrl() ,so what i should do Arbind Mr David if u do not want to want tell, don't tell but don't do like this. "Arbind" <arbindb_tech@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:e$WzWnVYDHA.1492@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi ,Can any one ...

How do I create a graph from an equation and not a set of data?
How do I create a graph from an equation and not a set of data? Hi, Stephen Bullen has an example. See ChtFrmla within the Charting section. http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm The example file is, http://www.oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=ChtFrmla.zip Also see Tushar Mehta's Plot manager, http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/plot_manager/index.html Cheers Andy ashemorry wrote: > How do I create a graph from an equation and not a set of data? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Using table field in Lookup Wizard
In a particular table I need to reference fields of that table to a Lookup Wizard in the same table. This is a genealogy database and there is a filed for parentMother and a field for parentFather, which should reference the unique key numbers of the proper entry, NULL is possible. However, the Lookup Wizard will not let me reference fields of the current table. I even tried writing a query on the ID and name fields, but the Lookup Wizard will not let me use a query that references the same table. This is with Access 2007 on a Windows XP installation. I must stress that I am n...

Re-editing a created calendar
Hi All, I created a calendar begining of 2009 which shows the holidays of our company. Now we entered 2010 and the new holidays are published. I want to update the calendar I created for my company, so I can use this global template calendar which I have been using in all of our projects. Please let me know how this can be done. Thanks in advance. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00B7_01CA9863.4CF80F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Erol, Welcome to this Mic...

set contract to active using sdk
hi, I am trying to set the contract which is in draft state to active by using the following code. SetStateContractRequest setStateRequest = new SetStateContractRequest(); setStateRequest.ContractState = ContractState.Active; setStateRequest.ContractStatus = 3; //active setStateRequest.EntityId = new Guid( ContractID); SetStateContractResponse changed = (SetStateContractResponse)service.Execute(setStateRequest); I am getting the error' n 0x80043203\n The state is invalid, this contract cannot be set to invoice state Please help!! ...

Customer Payment not appearing in HQ
I just discovered an AR problem from last year where a customer made a payment at a store last year and it does not appear in HQ. I checked the Payment table at the store and in HQ, and the payment is only in the store database. On the account tab of the customer, it appears at the store, but not at HQ. How can I fix this and how could this have happened? Whoa! I also found another issue in the same account. The opposite also occurred. An account payment shows up in HQ (different amount, different date) but does not appear in the store database, even thought there is a journal r...

Creating Shortcut
Hi everyone, Can you please help me how I can creat shortcut for keyboard? Thanks in advance. -- eylul ------------------------------------------------------------------------ eylul's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13025 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378010 Do you have a macro that you need a shortcut key? If yes, Tools|macro|macros|Select your macro and click the option button There's a spot where you can specify the shortcut key. If you're looking for the equivalent to MSWord's: Tools|cu...

Hurry Up,Free Check of $367 With Your Name.
Hurry Up,Free Check of $367 With Your Name. Open Below Website and Click on any one Red Text link and Enter your Payee Name and Address where to get your Check. http://googleadsense-toppayingkeywords.blogspot.com/ ...

Use of normalised information
I have a table with company information, where the uniqe key is organisation number, which i have normalised on company code. In that new table on company code, i have givin each code a ranking(number) after how important that code is for me (e.g. stockcompany(SC) got 1, where i singleowner company(SOC) got a higher number) I now want a tabel where it is the phonenumber that is the uniqe key, and since the same phonenumber can have "many" differents organisation numbers, then i want the right companycode attached to the phonenumber (e.g. SC if one of the companies is a stock...

Re-creating Great Plains Database Objects
Hi All, I just recovered data from corrupt Great Plains mdf files for GP 8.0 and imported to the newly created databases (Dynamics and the Company), I want to recreate sps,Functions,rules and views that came out of the box during the initial installation. I tried using the Great Plains utility tool ,it pickups up the database but I am failing to run the special Upgrade feature. Any ideas folks? -- "The Best thing in life is life" Ibutho, If this is already a corrupted environment, the best thing to do is scratch that installation and start over. Drop all GP databases on y...

Looking to automatically "unhide" rows in excel using hyperlinks
Using Excel 2000 and want to hide rows then have those rows automatically displayed if a hyperlink is selected. ...

border art disappear when I print?
I created a 5 ft banner with a border using border art. Lets say its a border with apples. When I go to print preview, it disappears from the screen. I go to print, and the border doesnt print. How do I fix this problem? "Morrisg18" <Morrisg18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AC52ED2-66B1-440E-AF10-0889ECBF94FD@microsoft.com... > I created a 5 ft banner with a border using border art. Lets say its a > border with apples. When I go to print preview, it disappears from the > screen. I go to print, and the border doesnt print. H...

How do I send a group list without the actual names showing?
Cindy <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: 1) Ask your question in the BODY, not the subject. 2) Put the addresses in the Bcc field. -- Brian Tillman "Cindy" wrote: > Thanks! ...

OWA using Satellite Internet COnnection
We have some users in a remote camp that only have Satellite Internet. Their signal is strong and they tell me websites load relatively quick. We sucessfully use FTP to get data back and forth, but OWA is problematic and for the most part will not work. I have read alot of articles about exchange 2000 being troublesome with high latency connections, but all of the articles say upgrade to Exchange 2003 as it fixes it. I have Exchange 2003... DOes anyone have any experience with this. We have tried playing with Frame size and MTU...unsucessfully. On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 13:37:01 -0800, No...

Sign in name not associated with this file!
I have been searching all over the WWW for software to crack the password since I thought I screwed up something. I was about to buy some software that crack's the password's, but good thing I checked here first!! Unfortunately i have to say that I am glad I am not the only one.... Hopefully with all of us sending requests to Microsoft, this will be resolved soon.. I also sent a message via the " Microsoft Online Assisted Support. I hope my file is not compromised after this is fixed, because I will be really pissed.. and would end up throwing away about 2 years of deta...

create montage
hi I really need to know how to create a montage. I live abroad now and have just had a baby I want to send a card to all family & friends in UK with a big picture in the centre and lots of others surrounding it. I can add them but they don't blend in and have a nice soft edging. I'm working with Publisher and have photoshop aswell. PLease help. Many thanks. It definitely is a Photoshop project... Publisher can do the montage but not the soft edges. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "pineapple"...