how do I convert my m o pub doc to pdf or word doc?

the person I am sending my doc to via email does not have publisher so how do
I convert it to a word doc or pdf
thanks
0
allinug (1)

Use Acrobat (not just the free Reader) or other third-party software.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"allinug" <allinug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the person I am sending my doc to via email does not have publisher so how
> do
> I convert it to a word doc or pdf
> thanks

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
2/1/2006 2:31:35 AM
pdf would be the easy, high quality way.

You will need a pdf creating program, i.e., Adobe Acrobat, very spendy,
PDF-XChange, modest cost or Primopdf, free.

Adobe is easy to find.

Primopdf - www.primopdf.com

PDF-XChange - http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/

--
Don
"May your shadow be found in happy places." (North American Native)

"allinug" <allinug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the person I am sending my doc to via email does not have publisher so how
> do
> I convert it to a word doc or pdf
> thanks

Pasting into Word?????
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C6C12B.3A6B8FC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone have a suggestion or recommendation as to how I can cut a = piece of some data in EXCEL (without gridlines), and paste it into = MSWORD and not have the gridlines appear? Thanks, in advance Mike --=20 Dr. Michael Raphael University of Phoenix Online Faculty mraphael@email.uophx.edu -------------------------------------------------------------------------= ------- I am using the free v...

Slow opening new Word document
Using Word 2000 on XP. I have a shortcut on my desktop to open a new Word Doc. However, clicking on it, or right clicking on desktop, seems to take forever before it opens. Any ideas please? TIA Katherine ...

IF Statement equalling multiple words. Please Help
I want to say if cell A1 = "word1" or "word2" or "word3", then "". Otherwise do this. I know how to make check if it = 1 item, but how do you make it check 3 or four things without using multiple IF statements? Thanks Phil Use and If(or(A1="word1",A1="word2",A1="word3"),then"",else) That should work for you, Cody "Phillip Vong" wrote: > I want to say if cell A1 = "word1" or "word2" or "word3", then "". > Otherwise do this. > > I know how t...

Word Automation Data Sources
Hi, My customer wants me to generate an invoice from data contained in MS Access. He has a Microsoft Word - based invoice that he currently uses and wants the new system to use the same document. So I intend to use Word Automation and MailMerge to meet the requirement. Some of the information on the invoice is name, address, city, state, zip - one record per invoice, no problem. But he also has a detailed section of the invoice that will contain multiple line items. So there will be multiple records per invoice for that part. Question: Can one Word document hav...

how do i protect a word doc, but leave some areas editable?
I have a word document formatted, but there are certain pieces of information that need to be edited each time it is used. How do I create it so only the set sections can be changed? Lainey25 wrote: > I have a word document formatted, but there are certain pieces of > information that need to be edited each time it is used. How do I > create it so only the set sections can be changed? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm and the links in that article. These articles illustrate the steps for Word 2003 or earlier. If you have Word 2007, post ba...

Converting Express to Outlook
I currently use Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1123. I would like to convert my muliple accounts (Express calls them Identities) to Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.6627). I "imported" one account into Outlook (I still have Outlook Express specified as my default e-mail server). But, I do not see any way to "Switch Identities" or similar option to go from one to the other, if I do the same for my other Express identities. How do I change from one "account" in Outlook to another. Thanks for any help. Henry ...

Can't run macro Outlook 2007 that was created in Word 2007
I have created the following macro in Word 2007. It is designed to take a number and convert it to a barcode. (note that you have the barcode font installed for the barcode to appear). If you select a number (highlight) then run the macro, it will produce the barcode directly under the number. It works perfect in Word 2007 but I'm wanting it to function in Outlook 2007. The macro does not even appear in the Developer-Macro-Macro Name section. I can cut and paste the code into Outlook 2007, VBA, but when I run it I get an error on the first line of code. Sub Convert2BarCode...

converting sub-reports from Access 97 to XP
I converted a 97 database to XP (without going through 2000) and opened a report containing four subreports. The subreports seem to have scroll bar arrows and nothing else visible. I could not click on the subreports through the main report to open them no matter how hard I tried. When I attempted to open the same subreports through the query design window I was told that I could not open the report again since it was already open. I was told I would have to click on "view - subreport through new window." I returned to the main report with the scroll bar arrows and tri...

"ch" in XP Word 2003?
Using Word 2003 in XP Pro Sp3. Formatting paragraphs includes setting of line starts and separations (vertical). All page settings are in mm, but in Formatting, they read in values which likely seems to be in inches, followed by "ch"! My question is: What does this "ch" mean? And secondly, how can I get changes written in mm to remain in mm? They seem to always change back into an inchlike measure followed by "ch". gasman See http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Al...

GETTING E MAILS . COMPUTER REQUESTS NAME AND PASS WORD.?????????
From: "Michael J. Strickland" <qualityservices2@verizon.net> Subject: Changing Report Printer - Access 2007 Date: Thursday, November 08, 2007 10:58 AM Anyone know how to change the printer associated with a report in Access 2007? Everytime I change the printer for a report, it reverts back to the Windows default printer. I know I can set the desired printer as the Windows default but I have hundreds of reports designed to use various different printers and doing this for each one is impossible. This behavior is new with Access 2007. Prior to this (Access 97, 2002, 2003 ......

No images in Pub. 2002
Hello all, I have a workstation running Win XP Pro SP1 with an integrated Intel display adapter. It recently downloaded and installed SP2. This caused Office 2002 to do a whole bunch of wierd things. We uninstalled SP2 and all but one of the problems with office went away, specifically the remaining problem is with Publisher. When I try to open an existing Publisher document now, many of the pictures are missing. There is a place saver there and the pictures appear in the open dialog box but they do not appear when the document is open and they do not print. I've seen thi...

Converting dates to a number
What formula could I use to convert a date of birth into an age?, e.g., 06/25/71, 33. Yes, I know I can just subtract but is there a formula that can do it? Marguerite A very rough way of doing so, if you don't need to count leap years ... =Int((Today()-A1)/365)&" years old" Where A1 is the cell which houses your date. Note this MUST be an Excel recognized date. To check if it's an Excel recognized date, look here: http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=323 HTH, and regards, Zack Barresse "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Word X and MS Sharepoint
We are using Sharepoint (hosted on microsoft's server). We have one person in a remote office who is using a Mac with OS X and OfficeX. A group is collaborating mainly on a few Word documents and the user with a Mac cannot edit the document directly in Word as our PC users do. They have to download the document edit it and then upload it. This is counter to the whole idea of collaboration, because meanwhile someone else has edited the document and someone's changes are bound to be lost. Is there some way to get Word on the Mac to work properly with Sharepoint? Thanks in advance! Jaime...

Combining multiple documents in Word 2007 (track changes) 03-22-10
I submitted this question in early March with the exact same subject (I am no longer able to find it on the site). Can anyone tell me how I can view multiple documents at the same time so I can review the tracked changes and accept them into the original document? Word gives the options to: "Compare - Compare two versions of a document" and "Combine - Combine revisions from multiple authors into a single document" but I an only view two documents at once.....the original document and one that has had changes made. If I have sent the original to 12 in...

Disable PDF add-in
I would like to have a macro that disables the Adobe Acrobat tab/add-in in excel. (Beleive it or not, Acrobat is a PITA in Excel!). Is this possible? Thanks in advance . . . Rich Which Excel version ? -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC1A968A-AB07-4B9D-8993-001B910A3406@microsoft.com... > I would like to have a macro that disables the Adobe Acrobat tab/add-in in > excel. (Beleive it or not, Acrobat is a PITA in Excel!). Is this possible? > > Thank...

Detailed Sales Report and Items w/o dept filters
When my customer enters new items they sometimes forget to assign a department to the new items. When they run the detailed sales report with just changing the dates everything is fine all dept (and items sold w/o a dept are shown too). However, I need them to filter out a few departments on the detailed sales report. When they create a filter (example department <> "shoes") Then it also filters out the items sold that don't have a dept assigned to them, thus the sales amounts for those items are not counted and the sales report is not accurate. What...

Convert an Excel workbook to an .exe file
I am curious if it is possible to convert an Excel workbook to an .exe file? Nope. It would kind of make it difficult for Microsoft to make mone selling Excel to everyone... -- kkkni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kkknie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=754 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26729 You may want to investigate the possibilities presented by Visual Baler. http://the-ciba.com/vbaler/vbaler.html I have never used it nor know anyone who has so cannot vouch...

print 1 page of multi-page doc
How do I print a particular page of multi-page document? Office/outlook "jerryw" <jerryw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D78F1F7C-351D-4511-AD70-2A151CC66E9B@microsoft.com... > How do I print a particular page of multi-page document? > Office/outlook Enter the page number when in the print dialog. "Vanguard" wrote: > "jerryw" <jerryw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:D78F1F7C-351D-4511-AD70-2A151CC66E9B@microsoft.com... > > How do I print a particular page of multi-page document? > &g...

Convert from 2000 italian
Hi, I want convert my money 2000 italian file to 2004 english version. Someone can help me? Many Thank's Raffaele This is the number one FAQ. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q1. It is not a perfect solution but until MS produce an Italian version of M2004 it is the best that you are going to get. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Raffaele" <rspadar@inwind.it> wrote in message news:%23OArTzZtDHA.700@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... &...

Huge blank gaps when cutting and pasting from Notebook view to regular Word doc
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Repeatedly whenever I try and copy from my notebook layout (where i take class notes) into a Word document, Word leaves HUGE gaps on the page which cannot be eliminated by deleting or back spacing. <br><br>There will usually be about a half of a page empty between the text that was already in my regular Word document, and the text I paste from my notebook document. I have tried EVERYTHING to eliminate this problem, as this feature is extremely important when consolidating my notes at the end of each semester. <br><...

deleted doc in error by not saving changes can I retrieve ti

loss of word for mac 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel A few days ago my computer asked me if I wanted to do an upgrade to 2008? When I said yes it started the process but quit in the middle. I not only was unable to get 2008 installed but loss 2004. When I click on the icons on my dock I just get a question mark. The Applications folder shows the file folder for the program but is empty on the inside. Any suggestions on I can retrieve my program or at least get a program to work? Michael Hi Michael: You need to go to the Applications folder and remove the folders "Mi...

Sending pdf as attachment
I am needing some direction. I am updating old coding on an inherited program. It sends an access report through email using the SendObject. Now the users want to mail merge into Word then change it to a PDF and then email it. I understand that you cannot use the SendObject with a PDF attachment. So my question is what is the easiest way to do this now. I am just needing to call the document up to attach it. I have it programmed to go to PDF and saved to a temp folder. I have the code set up for the email address, etc..I am stuck with how to call the "C:\Temp\ETC" file to atta...

How do you print correction marks in Word
I'm trying to keep the correction marks when printing in Microsoft Word. Currently I can see them when writing my document, but I want to preserve them when I print out the document. Currently, the only way I see to do this is to screen shot the page, but I'd rather not do that since it's a lot of extra steps. What do you mean by "correction marks"? Do you mean the Track Changes stuff? In your Print dialog, under "Print What?", choose "Document with Markup." On May 27, 4:58=A0pm, Sean <S...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &...

How to copy & paste excel charts to Words as Windows Metafile
hi all, Office 2003 SP1, Windows XP Pro SP2, i have created some charts in excel worksheets. what i want to do is to copy and paste the chart into my Word document. additionally, i want to paste it as a Windows Metafile picture not as MS Office Drawing Object or Picture (Enhanced Metafile). now, i seem to only be able to get (in Word) Edit -> Paste Special -> Picture (Windows Metafile) option if i had selected (and copied) at least two or more charts to be pasted in the Word document. had i only selected a single chart then the only option available to me is Edit -> Paste Sp...