how do I completely remove print borders?

I'm trying to prepare a document to be 'printed' to pdf format, but I can't
seem to get rid of the print borders.   I've set the page margins to 0,
tried setting the page background colour, but every time I print preview or
print to pdf I get the white border round the edge of the page.

Is there something I should be doing to remove this and make the print fill
the entire page?

Thanks
James

0
james2005 (1)

In Adobe Acrobat, document, pages, crop, check "remove white margins."

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"James - Systemagic" <james@NOSPAMsystemagic.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm trying to prepare a document to be 'printed' to pdf format, but I can't seem to
> get rid of the print borders.   I've set the page margins to 0, tried setting the
> page background colour, but every time I print preview or print to pdf I get the
> white border round the edge of the page.
>
> Is there something I should be doing to remove this and make the print fill the
> entire page?
>
> Thanks
> James

0
gsauer (5093)
11/16/2004 9:18:28 AM
It's the limitation of your printer.  It needs some paper space just to
drag/push the paper through. There are printer that will do what you want
and you'll need to check out each for specifications.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"James - Systemagic" <james@NOSPAMsystemagic.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm trying to prepare a document to be 'printed' to pdf format, but I
can't
> seem to get rid of the print borders.   I've set the page margins to 0,
> tried setting the page background colour, but every time I print preview
or
> print to pdf I get the white border round the edge of the page.
>
> Is there something I should be doing to remove this and make the print
fill
> the entire page?
>
> Thanks
> James

0
Retired (261)
11/16/2004 10:01:38 AM
James - Systemagic wrote:
> I'm trying to prepare a document to be 'printed' to pdf format, but I
> can't seem to get rid of the print borders.   I've set the page
> margins to 0, tried setting the page background colour, but every
> time I print preview or print to pdf I get the white border round the
> edge of the page.
> Is there something I should be doing to remove this and make the
> print fill the entire page?
>
> Thanks
> James

Yes - changing your printer. Just because you can design to the edge of a
page, doesn't mean your printer can print to the edge of a page. Your
printer isn't capable of doing so, therefore you need to buy one that is.

Simple really. I'm surprised you didn't think of it...

on salads.

0
noone5620 (75)
11/16/2004 11:44:54 AM
While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a
message from ? <noone@here.com>. On it is written:
> Yes - changing your printer. Just because you can design to the edge
> of a page, doesn't mean your printer can print to the edge of a page.
> Your printer isn't capable of doing so, therefore you need to buy one
> that is.

Read the post again.  He is printing to a software printer driver that *is*
capable of edge-to-edge printing.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)
11/16/2004 5:40:28 PM
Ed,

I was wondering if anyone would point that out!

Mike

Ed Bennett wrote:

> While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a
> message from ? <noone@here.com>. On it is written:
>
>>Yes - changing your printer. Just because you can design to the edge
>>of a page, doesn't mean your printer can print to the edge of a page.
>>Your printer isn't capable of doing so, therefore you need to buy one
>>that is.
>

> Read the post again.  He is printing to a software printer driver that *is*
> capable of edge-to-edge printing.

0
wordwiz (948)

Printing Issues when distributing a form to multiple users
I am distributing a spreadsheet to multiple users. The spreadsheet is being used as a form for data entry. The problem i am having is that when it is being printed, the users are getting varying page layouts where the page breaks have changed, due the changes to the length of the document growing from the free text they are entering. The page breaks that excel chooses don't seem to be spaced well, leading to one or two of the pages being very short (i.e., leaving a lot of free white space), whereas the other pages are taking up the entire page. Is there a particular page layout selection...

cant print spread sheet with lines on it
i am trying to put some info onto excel but when i print it out i only get the print and not the grid lines can somebody tell me the correct settings thanks. File > Page Setup > Sheet tab > Put a checkmark in 'Gridlines'. Hope this helps. George Gee "steve earle" <steve earle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6017023B-592D-400B-A671-8B65C1BB02A4@microsoft.com... >i am trying to put some info onto excel but when i print it out i only get > the print and not the grid lines can somebody tell me the correct settings > thanks. t...

set a reminder to print or edit in an excel document
Is there a way to set a reminder to print part of a workbook or edit a workbook on a certain day. I need to print and edit a workbook on a certain day at a certain time, but I can never remember to do this. Is there any way of setting a reminder alarm or notification. Thanks > Is there a way to set a reminder to print part of a workbook or edit a > workbook on a certain day. ... If you have Excel, you might be using Outlook also. Both are part of Office 2003. Outlook has a "calendar" feature that pops up reminders the user can schedule. I use it all the ti...

How do I print a list of my E-mail folders?
I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. "AHD23" <AHD23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BFD12CA-5D55-4376-AF9C-58703042577D@microsoft.com... >I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. I don't believe there's a way to do that, except as a screen shot. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] This might be a workaround for you: http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?mnu=2&smp=12&cmd=showitem&lang=en In example #1, replace the line LoopItems Folder.Items by Debug.Print Folder.Name After running the code,...

not enough memory or disk space to display or print the picture after 1st time

How do you print the last page of an 8 page banner in Publisher?
When I make a large banner, I would like to select a particular page to print. The print preview option allows selection of pages 1,2, etc but does not allow for example only the last page. Print to a PDF... http://www.primopdf.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "FredSC" <FredSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78386D22-8473-4EC8-A032-82F802A26C59@microsoft.com... > When I make a large banner, I would like to select a particular page to > print. The print preview option allow...

Print multiple copies per sheet
I have a pubisher file that is a card with a size of 5 x 6 and is 2 pages. Is it possible to print 2 copies of this file on a letter size page so that there will be 2 double sided copies on the letter size page. I need to laminate these cards so if I could get 2 per page I would just need to cut the page in half. I am using Publisher 2003. Thanks in advance for any help. Best regards, Dee Page setup, Business card, change copies per sheet, Side margin 1.25, top margin ..5, zero gaps, okay out, in the next screen change the measurements to width 6" height 5". The above will...

How do I print labels after I have mailmerge on excel
?I saved my addresses in Excel. I want to print them on labels How do I do that? Also how can I get a picture on the labels? Bika, do a mail merge with word. For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Ex...

"Print to Scale" Excel 2007 Charts
In Excel 2003, one could double-click a chart, print, and the chart would auto-size to fill a page. I am unable to print my newly-created Excel 2007 charts so they auto-size to print one-to-a-page (now requires several time-consuming steps for reformatting titles, axes, etc.). I do not have a "print to scale" option in my page setup. Printing to a Ricoh Aficio AP610N. Thanks so much. I will assume we are talking of an embedded chart (one sitting on a worksheet) and not a chart sheet. In Excel 2003 (all earlier) you did not double click, you just single clicked to...

removing space
Hi, I have data in a column, which precedes by one or more spaces, how do I remove these. thanks Hi one way: =TRIM(A1) Also have a look at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#trimall -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany mike wrote: > Hi, I have data in a column, which precedes by one or > more spaces, how do I remove these. > > thanks Try David McRitchie's TrimALL macro, especially if the data is pasted in from an external source, like a web page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#trimall In article <b86d01c4798f$31678a90$a3012...

Need to remove Contact Folder in Outlook 2000
i have a lot of duplicate entries (1000), need to remove the entire folder. Do you want to delete them or do something else with them, have you looked at the duplicate checkers here http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.htm#dupes "Rob Smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:118b501c3f5b4$d44891f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > i have a lot of duplicate entries (1000), need to remove > the entire folder. > > Need to remove the entire Contact Folder. >-----Original Message----- >Do you want to delete them or do something else with ...

Dbl sided printing problem
I am making a "Program" for a Barbershop Chorus concert using MS Publisher in the "Catalog" mode (which prints both sides of course.) I cannot seem to find out what kind of paper I can get (short of photo imaging paper) that is opaque enuff to prevent the backside of a page from showing through the "white areas" of the front side. It's not a bleed-through, it's just that the paper is to darn translucent. I am using 24 lb inkjet paper with an inkjet printer. I am sure this is anything but a new problem, but I have not found anything in the Goog...

Publisher 2000 print problem
What we see in the working document and what goes to print is different. Is there a way to enter the print preveiw document to fix it at that point. There seems to be no way to resolve this issue??? Please help if you can. ...

re-print an RTV packing slip
There should be a way to re-print an RTV packing slip after the RTV shipping has been processed. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8f250615-702c-4e00-8f24-f90...

Printing Custom sized booklet in Publisher 2000
The printer settings for a Riso machine on a network do not hold when sending copy to the Riso machine for printing. Anyone have any ideas about settings for custom sized paper in a booklet? If I could have the steps needed in order, it would help. Thanks. Maybe here http://www.riso.com/public/tipsorter.asp I don't know if Riso handles printing any different than other printers. In page setup, set your printer, then the page setup. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kathryn Ketcham" <anonymous@di...

Supplier on Printed PO Receipt
Can someone tell me how to make the supplier name or Supplier code print on the Purchase Order Receipt. Ask your RMS partner to show you the available templates in Partner Source. There's a PO tempplate there that includes your account number in the address field. -- Repetition is the key to success. Practice, practice, practice! and Equip Yourself at http://www.aluminumbats.com "Mark" wrote: > Can someone tell me how to make the supplier name or Supplier code print on > the Purchase Order Receipt. ...

TK article 865449 forces you to remove an invoice
Hello: I just wanted to see if anyone else has a hard time understanding this concept. If you review TechKnowledge article 865449, you will see that the ultimate goal of eliminating what basically is an invoice stuck in posting in SOP is to remove the invoice from history. There are two problems with this. One is the obvious--removing a document and therefore causing the system not to be able to report on it any longer. Two, if you type in a document number to remove in the Remove Sales History window, you may actually end up not just removing that invoice but any other sales docum...

Enable Double sided printing contiuously when printing multiple s.
When printing the 'entire workbook' I am not able to print continuously double sided. Each seperate sheet is an individual print item and so when the sheet has an odd number of pages the last sheet is blank I am not sure what you say but if the sheet has no data then it will not print. Excel does not print blanke sheets. >-----Original Message----- >When printing the 'entire workbook' I am not able to print continuously >double sided. Each seperate sheet is an individual print item and so when the >sheet has an odd number of pages the last sheet is blank &g...

removing duplicate values from a column
It sounds so simple that I must be overlooking the obvious answer, but I can't seem to find a way to remove duplicate values from a column. The case is simple: I have 600+ emailaddresses in column A, sorted alphabetically and there's a bunch of duplicate addresses in there (some of 'em occur up to 7 times!!). Instead of manually running through the whole list, removing the duplicates, there MUST be some soft of filter/function in excel to do this for me... Could anyone PLEASE help me with this!?!? Cheers! -- NOTE: remove the spamtrap from the emailaddress Jops, Select the em...

How to remove an Excel Main Menu item inserted by .xla file
Excel 2003 & 97 Thought I knew how to do this. But ... An .xla file placed a new item on the Main Menu (along with File, Edit, ........ Help, Misc) Let us call it "Misc". I removed the Misc.xla file from Addins folder and forced Excel to ask me to remove it from the Addins list. But the Misc is still on the Main Menu bar. How do I get rid of it? TIA Dennis Hi one way: Close Excel and start it again. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FF26551E-4AAC-4233-A8AD-F941C213FB9E@micro...

Calendar prints duplicate info
Greetings- OL2002sp1 on XP Pro; Connecting to Exchange 200PostSP3. User on laptop has several appointments for, let's say, today. User adds info to appointment description for a 1 O'clock appointment. User has several more appointments for the day. The info user has added for the 1 O'clock appointment can now be seen (when print preview and printing) in the rest of the appointments for the day. Info does not appear when accessing other appointments directly. Example of printed page: 12:00-1:00 Go to Lunch Meet John at the Cafe Eat lots of food Talk about the old times 1:...

Right click prints automatically
Hi Folks, I'm having a problem within Windows 2000. We are running Ofiice 97 Pro and 2000 on the same machine and have come across a strange issue. Whenever my end user is in Excel 97 and wants to copy data from one range of cells to another, she selects the cells, right clicks to select "copy" and at that point the machine sends out a print job to her default printer. We'd like to stop this behavior. Anyone got any ideas? I've installed office 97 sp1 and the update with the same name. I can't install service pack two because of the allowed file name update...

Inventory transaction: print batch
I am unable to print my Inventory transaction batch the the screen to verify before posting. When I hit print at the inventory batch window, it jumps right away to the print window and I do not want to print it, only view to screen. I went to Tools-setup-posting-posting and marked all to print to screen and printer in the inventory module and still not working. Am I not selecting something correct? Actually, when I hit print and it jumps to the print screen box, if I select it to print, it then jumps to the screen as well as the printer at the same time. I have no option of selecting t...

PowerPoint Print Screening
I'm having problems print screening off of websites and print screening in general. Never seems to capture the image, or on some programs or website camptures it but show it in all black. I used to be able print screen just about everything and with little trouble. Now I can hardly print screen at all. Help? Jeff Hi Jeff, Try installing "PrintKey". It's free. You can Google for it. Works great...... Good Luck. Andy I. "J-CCR" <J-CCR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D46996A1-54B1-4CAB-AC19-F73448099A1A@microsoft...

How do I print blue "AIr Mail" stripe on envelope?
How can I print that blue "Via Air Mail" stripe on envelopes? I am using the Envelopes and Labels Tool in Word. You probably want to ask that question in a Microsoft Word forum. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Shneur" <Shneur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94E22060-A383-4463-8E26-F243E1036D66@microsoft.com... > How can I print that blue "Via Air Mail" stripe on envelopes? I am using > the > Envelopes and Labels Tool in Word. ...