How do I change the color of the Picture fill Speckles ?

I am making memorial folders and I like the picture fill (Speckles)
background option. Can I change the color of the speckles and how? I have
tried but I cannot figure this out. Thanks for any help, Laurie
0
lmp (2)

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 17:30:10 +0000, lmp wrote
(in article <185807CB-47F2-4C3E-B51D-E972501D49C5@microsoft.com>):

> I am making memorial folders and I like the picture fill (Speckles)
> background option. Can I change the color of the speckles and how? I have
> tried but I cannot figure this out. Thanks for any help, Laurie

You have answered your own question. It is a gif (IIRC). You cannot edit
GIFs.

magrat_garlick@hotmail.com <magrat_garlick@hotmail.com> was very
recently heard to utter:
> You have answered your own question. It is a gif (IIRC). You cannot
> edit GIFs.

I can.  Not using Publisher, though.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
11/3/2005 10:26:30 PM
On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 22:26:30 +0000, Ed Bennett wrote
(in article <eOHbkWM4FHA.2432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>):

> magrat_garlick@hotmail.com <magrat_garlick@hotmail.com> was very
> recently heard to utter:
>> You have answered your own question. It is a gif (IIRC). You cannot
>> edit GIFs.
>
> I can.  Not using Publisher, though.

Yes, Eddie, but that wasn't the question, was it...?

magrat_garlick@hotmail.com <magrat_garlick@hotmail.com> was very
recently heard to utter:
> Yes, Eddie, but that wasn't the question, was it...?

It was close enough.

If anyone wants to donate something to getting me through university, I'll
be more than happy to tweak the colour on their patterns/image
files/whatever.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)

Highlighted email changes when I sort by subject
When I sort by subject (show in groups is on) the highlighted email does not stay highlighted, instead i get moved to the very top of the email list. This is very annoying because now I have to search for the subject that I was originally looking at. I have found the suggested workaround to sort by Conversation but this does not have the same affect on the sort. I believe that this problem is related to the number of emails in the folder. I have not found the exact number at which this becomes a problem but it is somewhere between 200-400. I tired the sort on a folder with 202 items and i...

Can you mark messages by assigning colors as in OE?
Can you mark messages by assigning colors as in OE? In OE I was able to mark messages from certain people in certain colors. That was part of the "rules". Is there any way to do that in Outlook? I have 2007, and I am a very new user, as of yesterday. You can use advanced formatting to mark mails with specific colors for = senders. Use F1 and ask about color formatting. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Candy asked: | Can you mark messages by assigning colors as in OE? In OE I...

Autocorrect changes a correct word

can outlook be set to not display pictures
When outlook, (office 2000) is downloading messages, I have the preview pane open. As probably everyone gets, I am getting multiple messages that are spam, and mostly sex crap with naked pictures embedded in the message. So once the message is clicked on, the preview pane shows whatever is in the message, including the pictures. I wouldn't complain if they were half decent looking, but that's another story. Is there a way to not display pictures in the preview pane? I've got 2003 so not sure if it's the same in 2000 - but.. Tools>Options>Security>Change Auto...

Preview in Publisher in greyscale. How can I change to color?
\print Preview in Publisher 2003 only shows in grey. There is a button on the toolbar (color/grayscale) but clicking on this has no effect. How can I access this option Are you certain you have your printer setup to print color? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "nigel" <nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE7606E9-C595-4091-8673-24E8F4482A5A@microsoft.com... > \print Preview in Publisher 2003 only shows in grey. There is a button on the > toolbar (color/grayscale) but clicking...

How to change language for mailbox item label
Please help. I'm an admin for MSExchange 2003. I setup a mailbox for my user a few days ago, when I accessed to his mailbox via OWA, I see most of the items in his mailbox (ex. Inbox, Drafts, Sent Items) displayed in Thai (my local language) but my user is a foreigner and he cannot read it. Is it possible to change it to English? If so, how? Thanks, Tony. On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 16:10:13 +0700, "Tony" <tonezzz@hotmail.com> wrote: >Please help. > >I'm an admin for MSExchange 2003. >I setup a mailbox for my user a few days ago, when I accessed to his m...

How do i change the heading of excel columns to alphabetical
For some random reason the columns in Excel 2002 recently changed from Alphabetical to Numerical, this is a big pain in the backside when trying to enter Functions. Go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the General tab. There, uncheck the "R1C1 reference style" setting. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "ThePubLounger" <ThePubLounger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE946816-7F1B-4F58-9C5D-C4937308FBF0@microsoft.com... > For some random reason the columns in Excel 2002 r...

Cannot change Organization Setting in CRM
Hi: I have a problem in MS CRM 3.0. In the "System Setting" of "organization settings", after I change the setting and save, system did not prompt any error message, but system will not save my setting??? When I open the "System setting" again, it is still the old setting. Why? Thanks -- Richard Hi, You need to publish your changes... there's a button for it on the toolbar "Richard Jin" wrote: > Hi: > > I have a problem in MS CRM 3.0. > In the "System Setting" of "organization settings", after I change the ...

Color of active drop-down arrow to the field name in the header row
The color of the active filter drop-down arrow is a deep blue which is difficult to identify from the inactive black ones. How do I change the color of the drop-down arrow? I've never seen a way. Margo wrote: > > The color of the active filter drop-down arrow is a deep blue which is difficult to identify from the inactive black ones. How do I change the color of the drop-down arrow? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

CHANGE PO NUMBER
CAN I CHANGE PO NUMBER ONCE ITS CREATED BY DEFAULT. PLEASE HELP. -- Buzz Dan End USER with lot of confussion & PROBLEM Buzz, I have had this problem happened before and had to develop my own tool to do this. Since I don't know what modules you have, I have created a general script that will scan for the PONUMBER field in all tables in the company database and create the appropriate update queries in the Results window, that you must copy and paste again in a new query window and run again against your company database. declare @newponumber char(25), @oldponumber char(25) s...

CDialog box title bar color
Is it possible to change the Title bar color and Title bar font color of a dialog box, using Visual Studio 2005 C++? If so, how would this be done? Thanks "Miss_T" <MissT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64E39740-69EB-4811-A493-F5F0CB5ECD62@microsoft.com... > > Is it possible to change the Title bar color and Title bar font color of a > dialog box, using Visual Studio 2005 C++? If so, how would this be done? > > Thanks Yes, it is possible but not easy. You can handle the WM_NCPAINT message, which is sent when the title bar needs to be pa...

Mailbox Size not changing
I'm running Exchange 2003 - Enterprise edition. Recently I discovered that our Mailbox store had grown to a tremendous size since we didn't impose any restrictions on the users. However there came a time when we needed to free up more room on the server so we went ahead and deleted emails from users who had left the firm. The way we did this was by logging in under their name and then going and deleting their emails. By this method, we deleted what seemed like 15 GB worth of emails. However, it seems that this didn't change the actual amount of space available on the hard drive whe...

Fading a picture edge
In MS Publisher I am trying to fade the edges of a picture so there isn't such a string contrast between the picture and the paper when printed. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C582CA.85F5A480 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Not from within Publisher. You will need a program like the excellent sensational awesome PhotoPlus = 10 You can download the free PhotoPlus 6 which will also do the job for = you. "Bpiver" <Bpiver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

cannot change line spacing
in word 2003 sometimes when I copy and paste small bits of text from elsewhere, choosing text only, it appears double spaced, and no matter what i try, i cannot change it to single spaced. what am I doing wrong? If the Line Spacing is correct, verify that the Spacing Before and After (Format | Paragraph) is set to zero (or whatever you prefer). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Jo Foster" <JoFoster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAE096BF-0426-442B-A28E-FD9678AD81FC@microsoft.com... > in word 2003 > sometimes when I copy and pas...

In "Line-Column on 2 Axis," why does not a series change to colum.
I am trying to plot a 6-column, 1-line chart. However, EXCEL decides that it will be a 4-columns and 3-lines charts. When I change the axis for series 5 and 6 to "primary," both series still carry line attributes. The chart description says that all series on the primary axis will be pltted as column. I have not been able to show series 5 and 6 as columns. How do I change them to columns? Try this: Create a column chart for all the data. Select the series of data for the line chart and change the chart type for that series only to LINE. If necessary, plot the line series ...

Word 2007
I have a document modified by many people with close to 80 comments. Is there a way to change all the initials of all the comments to something like "Author" so I can give a clean copy to the client? Jeff, You can apply a common color and initials to comments with a macro like this: Sub ScratchMaco() Dim oCom As Comment For Each oCom In ThisDocument.Comments oCom.Author = "Common" oCom.Initial = "Author" Next oCom End Sub For help installing and using the macro see: http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm "Jeff Lowenstein...

Track Changes with Copy/Paste
I have a user who uses Track Changes. Sometimes he copies/pastes that info into a new document and the 'track changes' feature remains active and working in the new document, which he likes. However, sometimes the Track Changes settings don't carry over to the new document. How can he copy/paste from a document where Track Changes is being used so that the Track Changes feature/settings carry over to the new document? Thank you. See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trackchanges/HowTrackChangesWorks.html#Copying for a description of the rules that apply when cop...

email colored background
Plz step by step colored background for Office Outlook and XP. I need it for an Afrocan AIDS Relief Charity. www.ahcip.org That's an Outlook question and best answered in that forum. But for a head start on it, open Outloook and search for "stationary" within Outlook's Help feature. "Colored background" wrote: > Plz step by step colored background for Office Outlook and XP. I need it for > an > Afrocan AIDS Relief Charity. www.ahcip.org Cullen thanks you I have printed your answer out and will go to oit tommorow. With kind regards and much a...

How to vary color in an area chart between negative or positive d.
How can I vary the color in an area chart between positive and negative data points. Using zero as the defining level, anything greater than zero have one color and anything less than zero having a different color. Thank you for your help. Gulf Stream, Set up two series – one for positive values and one for negative values. Add a one-row space between any data point that crosses zero. For example, assume your original data is in a single column starting in cell A2. The data looks like this: a 2 b 4 c -4 d -3 e 6 f -3 g 5 h 7 Rearrange it to look like this (the title "Posit...

What's wrong with this picture in MFC VC++ 6.0?
I have the following union typedef union { struct stJunk { unsigned char var1 : 1; unsigned char var2 : 1; unsigned char fill : 6; }stJunk; unsigned char uJunk; } Junk; Junk junk; // declare junk union variable I can do junk.stJunk.var1 = 0; junk.stJunk.var2 = 1; but not junk.uJunk = 0x2; // <--- Compile C2143 and C2059 errors. Why? This works in GNU! -Zilla > I have the following union > > typedef union { > struct stJunk { > unsigned char var1 : 1; > unsigned char var2 : 1; > unsigned char fill : 6; > }stJunk; > unsigned char uJunk; > } ...

How do I change a spreadsheet from English to Spanish
Hi do you want to change the formula names? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Excelldummy" <Excelldummy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:94083B08-D8C0-4065-86BD-C9719FEE384A@microsoft.com... > ...

You should be able to change the cards-fixed assets-account(asset
Please read case #8231737 in customer care. We have an account group setup as non depreciatable asset for minor equipment. These are assets as non depreciable in the FA system for tracking purposes only. We need to changle the default asset cost account number to the right cost center before an entry is added. Which you can not now. So it is causing manual entries at month end. Where we would like to change the aaset cost number (G/L) is Cards- Fixed Assets- Account before I run depreciation at month end and then g/l post. You should e able to go in and update the account number ...

Bullshit error message
Hi I am trying to run the following code: - Dim db As Database Dim RST_Out As Recordset '#### the results table TTEMP_CampaignRunResults Dim RST_IN As Recordset '#### the Campaign Customer TM_CampaignCustomers Dim INT_Count As Integer '#### this holds the count of how many records are added '####################################################################################################################### '#### this is the final bit where we place all the records selected by the queries into the cam...

columns change width
Hi all I import external data to sheet1 Column AA then i autofit column, then add more data. The columns change width, How can I make columns stay the same width all the time, So when I got into that sheet they are the same as when I left it. Thanks in Advance dave ...

Turn off "Final Showing Changes" for files on opening
I don't want files to open with the "Final Showing Changes" screen display after I have changed the display option to "Final". How can I control file opening view? While I don't recommend doing it (because others can still see your tracked changes, and using this setting can result in unfortunate accidents), if you're using Word 2007, in Word Options, click Trust Center - Trust Center Settings - Privacy Options, and remove the check next to "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving". Note that this affects only your Word setti...