How do I change case in Microsoft Publishing?

I am working on a newsletter in Microsoft Publishing.  One of the articles
was submitted on disk in Upper Case.  How can I convert the text to lower
case please?

0
Kristoffa (1)

Might try highlighting the article, format, text, clear all caps if that option is
available.  If you have another text box with regular text, highlight the text,
select the format painter tool on the toolbar (looks like a paintbrush), highlight
the text you want changed.

Quickly copy formatting with the Format Painter
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010548921033.aspx
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Kristoffa" <Kristoffa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am working on a newsletter in Microsoft Publishing.  One of the articles
> was submitted on disk in Upper Case.  How can I convert the text to lower
> case please?

0
gsauer (5093)
11/11/2005 10:08:41 PM
Kristoffa <Kristoffa@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> I am working on a newsletter in Microsoft Publishing.  One of the
> articles was submitted on disk in Upper Case.  How can I convert the
> text to lower case please?

Use Edit Story in Microsoft Word and change the case in there is probably
the quickest way if you have Word.
Note that there is no product named "Microsoft Publishing".  I'm assuming
you're using Microsoft Publisher.  If you meant Microsoft PictureIt
Publishing, you're in the wrong newsgroup.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
11/11/2005 11:35:20 PM
Hi -

If the person typed it with CAPS-LOCK ON, I don't think that you can use any
formatting tool in Publisher(2000) or Word to change it to a mix of lower and
upper case. (Or even just change it all to lower-case.)

But if Mary and Ed can tell me how, I won't have to send back (or, darn,
re-type!) the two submissions IN ALL CAPS I just got today for the newsletter
I put together! *g*

M.

"Kristoffa" wrote:

> I am working on a newsletter in Microsoft Publishing.  One of the articles
> was submitted on disk in Upper Case.  How can I convert the text to lower
> case please?

0
Morisot (87)
11/12/2005 1:37:58 AM
Edit it in Word. Select everything and then hold the shift key down while
you hit the F3 key. It toggles between all caps, all lower case, and
capitalizing the first word of every sentence.

Great little trick, huh?   ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Morisot" <Morisot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi -
>
> If the person typed it with CAPS-LOCK ON, I don't think that you can use
> any
> formatting tool in Publisher(2000) or Word to change it to a mix of lower
> and
> upper case. (Or even just change it all to lower-case.)
>
> But if Mary and Ed can tell me how, I won't have to send back (or, darn,
> re-type!) the two submissions IN ALL CAPS I just got today for the
> newsletter
> I put together! *g*
>
> M.
>
> "Kristoffa" wrote:
>
>> I am working on a newsletter in Microsoft Publishing.  One of the
>> articles
>> was submitted on disk in Upper Case.  How can I convert the text to lower
>> case please?

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
11/12/2005 2:31:08 AM
....like a charm! Thank you! Thank you!

M.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> Edit it in Word. Select everything and then hold the shift key down while
> you hit the F3 key. It toggles between all caps, all lower case, and
> capitalizing the first word of every sentence.
>
> Great little trick, huh?   ;-)
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Morisot" <Morisot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi -
> >
> > If the person typed it with CAPS-LOCK ON, I don't think that you can use
> > any
> > formatting tool in Publisher(2000) or Word to change it to a mix of lower
> > and
> > upper case. (Or even just change it all to lower-case.)
> >
> > But if Mary and Ed can tell me how, I won't have to send back (or, darn,
> > re-type!) the two submissions IN ALL CAPS I just got today for the
> > newsletter
> > I put together! *g*
> >
> > M.
> >
> > "Kristoffa" wrote:
> >
> >> I am working on a newsletter in Microsoft Publishing.  One of the
> >> articles
> >> was submitted on disk in Upper Case.  How can I convert the text to lower
> >> case please?

0
Morisot (87)

Problem with Copy-Paste in Publisher 2003
I use Publisher to make a monthly newsletter and already have the template laid out, I have been doing this for 2 years. I was using Pub 2000, and I find a problem with copying and pasting from my website into an exsiting text box with pub 2003. It wants to make a new unsized text box Is there a fix? Thank you When you are ready to paste into Publisher, select Edit|Paste Special. From there you can chose unformatted text. (I don't particularly care for that feature but it's the way it is.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "docproc" <docproc@discussio...

Images
I'm pretty new to Publisher. I have a 72 dpi graphic logo as a .TIFF, done up in Photoshop CS2 that I'd like to lay on a document in Publisher. Sounds simple. And it is until I get a look at the crummy results. In a word: Blurry - to say the least. But, if I insert this very same logo into another MS product like Word 2003, it's really quite nice - clear and crisp - edges well defined, color has "pop" and so forth. I don't understand why and how do I set Publisher to achieve the same nice display I get in Word? Thanks. Do you have detailed display enabled? Vi...

Microsoft Office 203 error...
I've install my Microsoft Office 2003 on a rebuilt Dell C840, and I received the following message; 'This operating is not presently configured to run this application'. I've un-install office 2003 and re-install it, and still get the same error. Does anyone have a fix for this message? RodneyJ ...

number changing
while im try to type numbers numbers like 12/6 in some cells, its automatically converting to data format like 6-Dec, how can i avoid this? -- anipriya Hi, Type an apostrophe ' before you enter the data. I won't show in the cell -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Ani.priya" wrote: > while im try to type numbers numbers like 12/6 in some cells, its > automatically converting to data format like 6-Dec, how can i av...

Changing Zoom Level
On the 23rd of this month, I submitted the following request for help: "When I open mail using Office Outlook 2007, the type is often too small for me to read comfortably so I need to "zoom" it up. This works fine for the particular mail message I have opened but as soon as I open the next message, the screen reverts to its prior setting so It is necessary to zoom it up again. Is there a way to retain the zoom setting for all messages being opened? Many thanks," Am I addressing the wrong newsgroup here or is the matter more complicated than it app...

changing entry's quickly
I have aproximately 5000 entries for product codes. My problem is this: I need to get rid of the last two digits of each code quickly. For example: I need to change 0234600 to 02346 is there a simple wa to do this? It needs to be done in text format because of the zero a the start of each product. Thank -- cj2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cj21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2567 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39095 ...

problem with publisher 2000 ,previewing and saving as web page in win 2k
I recently installed win 2k professional. Now when I try to preview or save as a webpage I receive and error that the images are too large or I'm out of memory. Neither of these problems seems to be true. The files I'm trying to preview/save as a web page have worked fine before, The only changes have been to text. ...

How to change the font of MessageBox?
I didn't find an API to change the font of Messagebox, Should I make a new dialog box by myself to replace MessageBox if I want to do that? You're probably going to have to create your own dialog. Fortunatley, this is pretty simple, but to get the same functionality as MessageBox or AfxMessageBox() you will have to resize the dialog to fit the text in the message. This article shows a pretty interesting upgrade (new features). It might give you some ideas and get you started. http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/CRHYesNoToAllDialog.asp You could use CStaticEx to do the font cha...

Min and Max Value Changes
I want to just label and highlight the min and max values in an XY chart and have them move appropriately if the data change. i saw a tutorial on line about doing so in 2003 but I can't get it to work in 2007. -- Dave B Tell us how you did it in 2003, the hopefully we'll be able to tell you how to do it in 2007. I would have expected that on your data sheet you would have formulae to give the min and max, and then you'd use those as new series to add to your chart. -- David Biddulph "Dave B" <DaveB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Case Sensitive Counting & Filtering
I have a huge database in wich some fields are strings. I need to count records based - amongst others - on the two last characters of a field. However, I must differentiate between az, aZ, AZ etc. The COUNTIF does not allow for that (Right?). I can circumvent the COUNTIF through using SUMPRODUCT, e.g. SUMPRODUCT((ISNUMBER(FIND("aZ",RIGHT(Field1,2)))*(Field2=condition))) I have the impression that Excel becomes very slow by using this. So far for the COUNT; but I would liek as well to filter specific records on the database with e.g. the Advanced Filter, how do I en...

conditional formatting-date color change
I wrote in Access 2003, having a little trouble. making this happen. What i'm doing is on calibration dates for tools. I would like to have the date that i put into [calibrationdue] change colors, 30 and 15 days before and turn Red when past due. Can anyone help me? Dumbfounded. Lonnie Open the report in design view Click on the control Select Conditional Formatting from the menu Set condition 1 Between Date()-30 and Date()-15 Set condition 2 Between Date()-14 and Date() Set Condition 3 > Date() '==================================================== John Spencer ...

Combo box change to run Macro
I have a combo box on the frmAssessment with a list of Assessors from a lookup table. I want to send an email to the Assessor who's name is displayed in the box either when a new entry or a change of names when editing. I created a macro with a condition of [RNAssessor] = "Jane Doe" and the action SendObject with Jane Doe's email address - similarly for each Assessor's name. The problem I'm having is I cannot get the event to trigger. I tried the OnChange and AfterUpdate events and they don't work. Any help you can give me will be much app...

Why can't I select the "edit points" on pictures in Publisher?
I insert a picture, I select it. I go to the Arrange drop down menu, but Edit Points is grayed out, meaning that feature can't be used. I've tried it with multiple pictures. What gives? Suggestions? What version Publisher? What format is the picture? If it is a bitmap (.jpg, ..png, others) when you select *edit wrap points* you will have to place your cursor on the wrapping frame to create a point. Vectors, .wmf and others, have to be ungrouped before you can edit points. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "marousek" <marousek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Change Gradient Fill Colors of Bar Chart data points
I’m trying to modify the gradient fill colors of single data points on a bar charts (in Excel 2007). The bar chart already has gradient fills defined manually. I think I need to alter different child properties of .Interior, not the ..ColorIndex property that would apply to non-gradient fills. I’ve waded through the object model and help file and tried all kind of syntaxes, but can’t get at the gradient without raising an error such as “Run-time error ‘1004′: Application-defined or Object-defined error” or “Run-time error ‘438′: Object doesn’t support this property or method”. ...

Change permanantly default chart settings like colour, font..
I use excel to plot graphs for class quite often, and these graphs have to adhere to some criteria like having a white plot area, small crosses for datapoints, etc.. So far, when I plot graphs, Excel will use its default dark grey plot area and big diamond datapoints and Arial bolded font for axis labels, and I will have to change the settings manually.. I was wondering if there is any way of telling Excel to automatically generate a plot with the white background and all that other stuff? changing 30 sets of parameters a week is really getting on my nerves.. :P thanks in advance for...

Changes to navigation and terminology in Forecaster
The navigation and terminology within Forecaster continues to be inconsistent. Input and Views are identical in their construction, yet have differnt naming conventions and are setup in two differnt places. Why would all of the components of an input "view" be created under setup yet the input"view" itself is compiled under Administration. Why are they not named Input and Output to be consistent? The whole navigation and menu layouts and terminology need to be reviewed and made consistent and logical. This is one of many examples within Forecaster. ------------...

HTML text in Publisher 2003
I can not fin any Insert HTML code fragment in the toolbars. The version of Publisher is 2003, SP2, (11.6565.8028). Thanks Copy and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Rndhse" <Rndhse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E69CFE0E-40DC-494F-8614-6C8C726780FE@microsoft.com... >I can not fin any Insert HTML code fragment in the toolbars. The version >of > Publisher is 2003, SP2, (11.6565.8028). > Thanks JoAnn - thanks! "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote: > Copy and paste. > > -- > > JoAnn Paules > MVP ...

Print preview publisher file different pages appear
When I print preview a catalog publication I created with Publisher , it shows me different pages , not the pages I see them on my actual screen. As for the color issue I have installed the driver for printing , but how can I print ?? your quick reply is appreciated Are you using the catalog merge? Your explanation of your problem is not very clear. What you see on the screen if you are using catalog merge is only one merge block. When you look at print preview, you are seeing the total merge. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.mi...

How can I get background fill in Publisher to cover a whole page
I am using Publisher 2002 with windows XP. When editing I have a frame which covers trhe whole page and has a background fill. When printing there is a white border all around, however big I make the frame. I am printing on A4 paper. How can I get this fil;l to cover right to the edges? Does your printer support full bleed? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "acmr" <acmr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED29C702-96FD-44FF-ABAE-0196169147FD@microsoft.com... >I am using Publisher 2002 with windows XP. When editing I have a frame >which >...

prevent the users from making changes to the excel report
I have an application written in Visual Basic 6. My application creates a Customer Details Report in Excel. All done till here but now my problem is that I want to prevent the users from making changes to the excel report or to copy/paste/delete data from my report or to save file as another name. I tried protecting the sheet but that only solves half of the problem, user can still save file as another name and copy the data. Use of macro is strictly not allowed. Please help. Thanks in advance As long as users can access your Excel workbook they can defeat any security you place on it to prev...

MS publisher 2003 take 8 to 16 seconds in copy/past & Save event?
We are Newspaper Publishing press, and use Publisher 2003 for Unicode sindhi (arabic/R to L)... MS publisher 2003 take 8 to 16 seconds in copy/past & Save event? can any body help us in this case, why it is because of and what is its posible solution Regards, digitalsindh@yahoo.com ...

Resolved Cases
Where does the information (such as resolution, total time, billable time, and description) that you enter in the Resolve Case Web Dialog go? It shows that the case is resolved in the Cases screen, and it is also under Accounts->Cases, but I cannot find the info that I entered in the "Resolve Case Web Dialog". Thanks in advance -b In version 1.2 you can view this in the case's Activities History tab. In the database there is a table called IncidentResolutionActivity that stores this data as well. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "B. Scott"...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-09-07
Good Day Board, I'm beginning to feel the strain of installing this CRM program and I would like a little more assistance here. I have finally gotten my SQL 2005 server installed and updated. Now I'm trying to install the CRM 3.0 server software now and when it reaches the dialog screen labeled "Specify Reporting Services Server" I hit on a snag. The "Install new Reporting Services server" radio button is grayed out and I do not have a reporting server. When I try to move pass this screen I get "The specified Report Server URL syntax is not valid. Inva...

Adds-ins/tools for publishing Excel data as web pages?
Can anybody suggest some low cost tools/add-ins for publishing Excel workbooks and sheets as HTML web site content? The data includes tables and charts. The output should support tabs for different sheets. This is for a weekly progress report. Until now I've been using a wiki, but I'm fed up with the limitations and increasingly arcane formatting syntax. The source data is in Excel. Can you not use File - Save as web page, then upload that to your site? What version of Excel are you using? -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------...

What do I need to change to add a contact while offline?
Gurus, Running Outlook 2003 in Corporate mode. Exchange 2003 server on the back-end. I have the following questions. 1. What do I need to change to add a contact while offline? When I try to add one Outlook says "Outlook must be online to complete this action." 2. I can no longer address emails by clicking on TO to draw on Global addressbook or contacts. I can reply on to messages already in my Inbox because the message address is already there. -- Spin 1) Add the contact to the Contacts folder in your mailbox, not in the = Address Book.=20 2) Why not? In other words, wh...