How do I change case in Microsoft Publishing?

I am working on a newsletter in Microsoft Publishing.  One of the articles
was submitted on disk in Upper Case.  How can I convert the text to lower
case please?

0
Kristoffa (1)

Might try highlighting the article, format, text, clear all caps if that option is
available.  If you have another text box with regular text, highlight the text,
select the format painter tool on the toolbar (looks like a paintbrush), highlight
the text you want changed.

Quickly copy formatting with the Format Painter
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010548921033.aspx
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Kristoffa" <Kristoffa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am working on a newsletter in Microsoft Publishing.  One of the articles
> was submitted on disk in Upper Case.  How can I convert the text to lower
> case please?

0
gsauer (5093)
11/11/2005 10:08:41 PM
Kristoffa <Kristoffa@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> I am working on a newsletter in Microsoft Publishing.  One of the
> articles was submitted on disk in Upper Case.  How can I convert the
> text to lower case please?

Use Edit Story in Microsoft Word and change the case in there is probably
the quickest way if you have Word.
Note that there is no product named "Microsoft Publishing".  I'm assuming
you're using Microsoft Publisher.  If you meant Microsoft PictureIt
Publishing, you're in the wrong newsgroup.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
11/11/2005 11:35:20 PM
Hi -

If the person typed it with CAPS-LOCK ON, I don't think that you can use any
formatting tool in Publisher(2000) or Word to change it to a mix of lower and
upper case. (Or even just change it all to lower-case.)

But if Mary and Ed can tell me how, I won't have to send back (or, darn,
re-type!) the two submissions IN ALL CAPS I just got today for the newsletter
I put together! *g*

M.

"Kristoffa" wrote:

> I am working on a newsletter in Microsoft Publishing.  One of the articles
> was submitted on disk in Upper Case.  How can I convert the text to lower
> case please?

0
Morisot (87)
11/12/2005 1:37:58 AM
Edit it in Word. Select everything and then hold the shift key down while
you hit the F3 key. It toggles between all caps, all lower case, and
capitalizing the first word of every sentence.

Great little trick, huh?   ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Morisot" <Morisot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi -
>
> If the person typed it with CAPS-LOCK ON, I don't think that you can use
> any
> formatting tool in Publisher(2000) or Word to change it to a mix of lower
> and
> upper case. (Or even just change it all to lower-case.)
>
> But if Mary and Ed can tell me how, I won't have to send back (or, darn,
> re-type!) the two submissions IN ALL CAPS I just got today for the
> newsletter
> I put together! *g*
>
> M.
>
> "Kristoffa" wrote:
>
>> I am working on a newsletter in Microsoft Publishing.  One of the
>> articles
>> was submitted on disk in Upper Case.  How can I convert the text to lower
>> case please?

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
11/12/2005 2:31:08 AM
....like a charm! Thank you! Thank you!

M.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> Edit it in Word. Select everything and then hold the shift key down while
> you hit the F3 key. It toggles between all caps, all lower case, and
> capitalizing the first word of every sentence.
>
> Great little trick, huh?   ;-)
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Morisot" <Morisot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi -
> >
> > If the person typed it with CAPS-LOCK ON, I don't think that you can use
> > any
> > formatting tool in Publisher(2000) or Word to change it to a mix of lower
> > and
> > upper case. (Or even just change it all to lower-case.)
> >
> > But if Mary and Ed can tell me how, I won't have to send back (or, darn,
> > re-type!) the two submissions IN ALL CAPS I just got today for the
> > newsletter
> > I put together! *g*
> >
> > M.
> >
> > "Kristoffa" wrote:
> >
> >> I am working on a newsletter in Microsoft Publishing.  One of the
> >> articles
> >> was submitted on disk in Upper Case.  How can I convert the text to lower
> >> case please?

0
Morisot (87)

Forced Password Change
Is their any way to force a Dynamics GP user (v9 or v10) to change their password when you are NOT using SQL 2005? Thanks! ~MAC Hi Mac, There is a third party product available call OMNI Tools. This product is available from Rocton Software. Please find the link attached to their website. http://www.rocktonsoftware.com Thanks Don Craig "MAC" wrote: > Is their any way to force a Dynamics GP user (v9 or v10) to change their > password when you are NOT using SQL 2005? > > Thanks! > > ~MAC ...

Where to change my own internet adress in "FROM:" field?
I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange server. My own eMail address is presented to recipients as Aaaaa.Bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Note: mixing of capital and lower letters I want my email address completely changed to lower letters: aaaaa.bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Where in Outlook can I change this? or is this a setting in Exchange Server ? Joe This is a setting in ADUC/Exchange. I would guess that everyone is set up with the same format throughout the company. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Joe deAngelo" wr...

Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema?
Q. Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema? No, the AD schema is not extended. It simply creates an add'l Organization Unit and some security groups under that OU. No changes that can't be simply undone... "Rifat Yavuz" <Rifat Yavuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5E9FBF3-D8B5-4735-AC87-494AA2B81599@microsoft.com... > Q. Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema? thanks Chris Rifat Yavuz "Chris Resch" wrote: > No, the AD schema is not extended. It simply creates an add'l Organization...

Excel 2007
Hi all, We have a spreadsheet that was set up to link to a database via a system DSN. To simplify deployment of this, I'd like to change this to connect via the connection string below: DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=xxx;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx;DATABASE=xxx; I've done this for another spreadsheet, and it was easy (Data tab- >Connections->Properties), but in this next spreadsheet the Connection Properties for one connection are greyed out/disabled, so I can't change the string. Does anyone have any ideas how to enable these values again so I can change the connection string? thanks! ...

Publisher 07 Default Folder
I have Publisher 2007, how do I set the startup folder to something other than "MyDocuments"? I edited the properties and set the "Start-in Directory" to the desired one, but when I launch Publisher and attempt to open a file, it goes right back to "MyDocuments" Thanks Charliec ****************************************************** Charliec Change the name of the My Documents folder Do the following in these 2007 Microsoft Office system programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Access Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Save As. InfoPath, Project, Pub...

Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange Ser
Hi I keep getting a msg saying "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange" everytime i try and send a mail... the mail then gets stuck in my outbox. I still receive all email and this only happends over one particular broadband connection??? If i use dial up it works and if i go to some other broadband connection it works... any ideas? _VERITAS_ wrote: > Hi > I keep getting a msg saying "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from > the Microsoft Exchange" everytime i try and send a mail... the mail > then gets stuck in my outbox. I s...

how do i open a publisher file created in new version?
I get publisher files in new versions of publisher. I have publisher 2000. I can't open these files but don't want to update publisher. Is there a download program I can get to translate these files? "Peg" <Peg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BD8AEDC-8386-4E7B-9D12-DAF429B171A2@microsoft.com... >I get publisher files in new versions of publisher. I have publisher 2000. > I can't open these files but don't want to update publisher. Is there a > download program I can get to translate these files? There is not a download to tra...

10 free copies of iPrep Microsoft 70-290 for your iPhone
iPrep Microsoft 70-290 is an iPhone app which will help you to prepare for Microsoft 70-290 certification exam "Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment". Download the app from the App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iprep-microsoft-70-290/id335186475?mt=8 Use one of the following codes to get your copy for free: 9TM96E7EMNAY 6AYJTREAHM3A 94P4TJNAEHLW N636934JRPF9 3YKM9E66FF93 ENPN7PALXX9N XN6T993ANXTP TTEWEM4EEWLY 49RKEHHMMYF6 MXXA7HLLJMTM Each code can be used only once, first come first served. The codes are redeemable only ...

Case Form
Hi, What is the best way to capture both the Account and Contact on the Case form. We need to capture both when creating a case. Assuming you want to see the Parent Account, you have the "customer' lookup field and you can add the 'responsible contact' field to the form which will create a lookup to a contact. "Donna Edwards" wrote: > Hi, > > What is the best way to capture both the Account and Contact on the Case > form. We need to capture both when creating a case. Thanks Chad, greatly appreciated!! I overlooked that field. Donna "...

How to remove contacts when email changes
Outlook 2003 If I receive an email from a sender not on my list, that sender's email address is not automatically added to my contacts but will appear on the automated list when I enter the first letter of the sender's email address. If that sender changes email address I cannot delete the old email address. Instead I am left with two email addresses for that sender both of which will appear on the automated list. How can I remove the old email address? You seem to be confused. Receiving an email does not add an address anywhere in Outlook. Sending an email might, a...

'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! 2nd Request
I just upgraded my Dell PII 400 from W2000 SP4 to WXP SP1. I was having a lot of problems with Outlook XP crashing multiple times while in use, which was 1 reason for the upgrade, as Outlook is current, with all available updates having been applied. Under XP, when I start Outlook, 9 out of 10 times I get a message box entitled: 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library' with the text: 'Runtime Error! Program: C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\OUTLOOK.EXE abnormal program termination.' When I click OK, Outlook closes. The next time, it starts OK, but has to scan the Personal f...

The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest
The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest Actually it is only a web based interface to the microsoft public newsgroups. Dessi Purnama Putra wrote: > The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest Wow, you almost finished a sentence. "Dessi Purnama Putra" <Dessi Purnama Putra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17EFCDB1-9675-4413-BC27-6EC94D840DC6@microsoft.com... : The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest ...

moving publisher #2
I bought a computer with publisher bundled (no cd). Now I want to put it on my new laptop. How do I move it from the desktop computer to the laptop???? Cliff without the source CD...you don't. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Cliff" <Cliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336C1CBE-2A51-4B62-B83D-46C35C557B74@microsoft.com... > I bought a computer with publisher bundled (no cd). Now I want to put it > on > my new laptop. How do I move it from the desktop computer to the > laptop???? > > Cliff I...

can comment indicator color be changed?
Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see the indicator. Can the color be changed and if so how please. Thanks Karl AFAIK, no, you can't change this. Maybe you can change your CF color. Bright yellow? On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:27:02 -0700, "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells >that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see >the indic...

Change QuickFind to search contains
Hello, Is there a way to change the QuickFind to use the contains operator rather than begins with? Custom dev or third party recommendations are fine. Thanks. simply put a wildcard * in front of your search term in the query box and it will match the defined search fields for that entitiy type on a 'like" (contains) basis. ...

Anyway to open a Publisher 2002 file in Publisher 2000?
I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so I can't have them resave it or resend it. Any ideas Thanks! In news:11BBD624-9460-465D-88EE-60230ADB1F33@microsoft.com, buck <create007@yahoo.com> posted: > I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher > 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or > 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so > I ...

i can change the font on the screen to be large but can't print t.
i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Maybe in the Page Setup you have this setting "fit to1 by 1 page" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "tj" <tj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:244325C6-A407-4CD8-BE76-75AB3C93A78A@microsoft.com... >i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the > font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

can I add a link in Publisher to display, "join our email list"?
I am creating a fairly simply website and need to add a button for visitors to join our email list. Is this possible in Publisher? Please post your question in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US Always include the version of Publisher you are using, the URL of your site and as much detail as possible. DavidF "mfreecox" <mfreecox@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Install and set up the Microsoft Office Project Add-in for Outlook
The language used by the add-in must match the language used by Outlook. For example, if Outlook uses Japanese, the add-in must also use Japanese,and If the languages do not match, the add-in will not work. How can I download Japanese add-in for Japanese outlook for Microsoft project server 2007 that installed in Engilish? Have you tried the Project Language Pack 2007 SP1? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=d322ba67-b199-4503-8aff-6813b320d708 HTH "Bahram" <Bahram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Changing header and footer details in queries???????
Reports are simple in design view but queries are what I am interested in. I have not found a way to alter the header information in a query other than to turn it off. Is there a way to add information???? Cheers Duncan Duncan, open the query in design view put the cursor in a column of the query open the query's property dialog in the row for Caption, type the name to show for the heading for that column. To do this in a more automatic way, create a calculated field for that column by putting the heading followed by a colon in front of that field Example Field called ODate in the row...

Publisher: How to set up both 2 column and 3 column master?
I want to have both options of a 2 column and 3 column in my newsletter. I cannot see how to do this. It seems that I have to use only one or the other. When you create a text box, right-click, format text box, text box tab, columns button. You can link a two column text box to a three column text box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "snusanjane" <snusanjane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:067D96FF-D927-4233-9BC2-0447DCA460FD@microsoft.com... >I want to have both options of a 2 co...

Can I add html to publisher doc for anchored link?
I am creating a simple one page newsletter in publisher to send out via a mailing list. It has brief synopsis-articles that have hyperlinks to my web page to the more detailed articles. I would like to be able to add the html code for an anchored link to the exact location within/down the page for a given article. I know the coding, I just don't know how, or if it's possible to add it, or edit the hyperlink that you insert via the menu. Thanks for any input! --Jeff Insert the anchor into the web page using insert > html code fragment. <A NAME="READHERE"></...

How do I reduce a MS Publisher file size?
I have Publisher files that are graphics heavy. I have deleted half of the graphics but the file remains large. Some of the graphics were cut and pasted in from another program. Is there any way to purge unused entities from the files? What version Publisher are you using? Have you tried compressing the images? Run the Design Checker, see if there are problems with some of the images. Is the publication one you have used over and over? If you are using 2003 or earlier, look at Insert, Design Gallery, have you added any images? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "corporategift...

Change Required Field Property in Table
I am trying to change the required field property in for a field in an existing table based on a value in a field in my form. I am using the BeforeUpdate event. Here is what I have so far: tables!tblPayments!tblPaymentsDateWritten.Required = False When the conditions are met, I get a message that says, "Runtime error '424' Object Required." Can the Required property of the field be altered from a form? If so, How can I do it? "Jonas" <sundet@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:68bdf43b-85b9-4ad0-8a38-faee98d6dabf@d2g2000yqa.googlegroups.com......

Changing font in rich text table
I want to standardise the font of all data in a table's rich text field. If I use: Dim DB As Database Dim rst As Recordset Dim strSQL As String Set DB = CurrentDb() strSQL = "SELECT tblReportTermly.Aims FROM tblReportTermly;" Set rst = DB.OpenRecordset(strSQL) Do Until rst.EOF With rst .MoveFirst .Edit !Aims.FontName = "Calibri" !Aims.FontSize = "11" .Update .MoveNext End With Loop i get "Object doesn't support this property or method". Am I approaching this incorrectly? ...