how do I can enter page number with start at 1,038

- My publication with page layout is A5, how to can print two page on paper
size A4.
_ My book's about 1,800 pages, how to I do enter pages numbers with start at
over 1,001 or 1,214.
Thanks
ductril
0
ductril (1)

What version Publisher? Select booklet from the page layout.
Page numbers...
In Publisher 2002-03, insert, section.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"ductril" <ductril@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>- My publication with page layout is A5, how to can print two page on paper
> size A4.
> _ My book's about 1,800 pages, how to I do enter pages numbers with start at
> over 1,001 or 1,214.
> Thanks
> ductril

0
gsauer (5093)
11/26/2004 9:00:36 AM
While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a
message from Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com>. On it is written:
> What version Publisher? Select booklet from the page layout.
> Page numbers...
> In Publisher 2002-03, insert, section.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work for numbers larger than 1000 :-(

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
11/26/2004 4:41:43 PM
While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a
message from ductril <ductril@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is
written:
> - My publication with page layout is A5, how to can print two page on
> paper size A4.

Try either using File > Page Setup > Booklet, or using FinePrint from
www.fineprint.com to lay the publication 2-to-a-sheet, depending what kind
of 2-up layout you want.

> _ My book's about 1,800 pages, how to I do enter pages numbers with
> start at over 1,001 or 1,214.

If you have 1800 pages in your booklet, and it starts at page 1, then the
page numbers will automatically increment all the way to page 1800.  If you
are using multiple publications, then you will have problems, as the Insert
 > Section dialog doesn't allow numbers larger than 1000 to be entered.
However, if you let me know page numbers with which you want to start a
file, I can create a blank A4-sized document starting at whatever page
number you want between -16000 and +16000.  Possibly more, but I can't
remember offhand.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)

Disaster Recovery for CRM 1.2
Does anyone have any documentation on the steps to backing up CRM 1.2? We want to make sure we are backing CRM 1.2 up correctly if the server should go down. We were unable to find any documentation on Microsofts website for a step by step backup solution. Right now we are just backing the CRM databases using the scheduler in SQL; is this ALL that is required and if so do we backup ALL of the databases or just certain ones? The owners of the company want to make sure we can restore ALL of the data if needed. -- Thank You, Troy Hi Troy Microsoft have included details of backing...

Sequentially numbered Purchase orders
In the past with Office 97. I used a purchase order template that would basically self number itself. when it opened a small box would appear and by clicking it the PO received a unique number. How can I accomplish this using Office XP. ...

Can't use Merge feature
If I have a postcard file I've already made on the screen, when I try to pull up the "Merge" feature under Tools, it is shaded grey and I can't open it. It insists that I either form a new database list of addresses or edit the one that I want to merge. I don't want to edit the one I want to merge. I just want to MERGE it. If, however, I have just a postcard template on the screen (without it having been made into anything), I CAN pull up the "merge" feature under Tools. It is not shaded out. How do I un-shade the "merge" feature? To merg...

Property Page
All, How can I make a property page active from a menu item? Thanks in advance.... I got it. m_dlgPropSheet.SetActivePage(m_dlgPropSheet.GetPageIndex(&m_EnSyncPage)); "The Truth" <sharp_mind@email.msn.R.E.M.O.V.E.T.H.I.S.com.no.spam> wrote in message news:e$YuNOJkEHA.592@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > All, > > How can I make a property page active from a menu item? Thanks in > advance.... > > ...

Outlook 2003 forgets contacts after 1 day
Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically deleting them. I have spent the last hour searching and can't find the right setting to stop this from happening. Has anyone got any advice? Outlook does not automatically save Contacts ever. To what feature are you referring? Autocompletion? -- Russ Valentine "slycbod" <slycbod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DBB238-7462-452F-85EB-15258BCD8B05@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically > deleting them. I have spent th...

OWA Password page not showing up.
I installed the hotfix from kb 833734. I've also tried to follow the steps found at kb 327843. However, when I set an account to "change password at next logon" and go to that account in OWA on a FE that's using forms based auth, it doesn't redirect to the page for changing an expired password. However if i direct my browser to that page manually and fill in the form, it unexpires my password just fine. Is this how it's supposed to work? Shouldn't it detect that it's expired and thus redirect me to the page for resetting my password? Thanks. This ...

can you tell me what an error 920 is?
I'm trying to save a visio file out as a jpeg, or gif, or png. I keep getting the error with no explanation of what the error means - any help is appreciated You can go to the following link and it explains the issue you are having and how to fix it: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=295691 "Julie" wrote: > I'm trying to save a visio file out as a jpeg, or gif, or png. I keep > getting the error with no explanation of what the error means - any help is > appreciated > > > ...

can you see what i am writting?

How do I set the number format to Base 12?
I would like to change the number format on my spreadsheet from Base 10 to Base 12, eg. 12 bottles makes up 1 case. Therefore, if I were adding up three different cells 9 bottles + 11 bottles + 6 bottles, my result should be 2 cases 2 bottles if possible 2.2 in a case column. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/fractional.htm for details. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Andrew Moore" <AndrewMoore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:893CABE9-37D7-4E6B-8A7E-A5E679C8C824@microsoft.com... >...

How can I choose alternate rows in a column?
My requirement is to be able to create a column whose elements consist of difference between adjacent elements in a column, say column A. If I can choose alternate elements and create 2 new columns then I can just subtract the 2 columns easily. Huh? "pnair" <pnair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D47AD012-084B-49C6-8672-5067E8455D9E@microsoft.com... > My requirement is to be able to create a column whose elements consist of > difference between adjacent elements in a column, say column A. If I can > choose alternate elements and create 2 new colum...

Can't Stop External Hard Drive
I have a Western Digital 250 gb external hard drive connected via USB port. I am also running Outlook 2007, which I believe has a function searchindexer.exe that searches all my drives to index the files on them. I want to be able to unplug the drive without first turning off my computer. But I get messages saying that the drive can't be stopped. It used to be that if I stopped searchindexer.exe, I could stop the drive. But that's stopped working. Here are two questions: 1. What is preventing me from stopping the drive?; 2. What is the worst that can happe...

Enter multiple cash receipt payment methods in Cashbook/BM.
When entering a receipt into cashbook/bank management, there is sometimes a need to receipt the amount as more than one payment type - e.g. cash and cheque. This process is accommodated well in SOP. It would be useful to have this type of procedure included in Bank Management. This is a user request from Pan Pac Forest Products. ...

Adding up negative numbers only
Ok, let me try to explain this problem. I have several cells a1 throug a10. Each cell has a number, for ex. $10.00, ($5.00),etc. , sometime this number is positive, sometimes it is negative. I want to only ad all of the negative numbers in cells a1:a10 and put a total in cel a11. How can I do this? Thanks Ton -- tonydep ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tonydepo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1530 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26928 =SUMIF(A1:A10,"<0&quo...

Can't turn off a reminder!
An appointment reminder keeps popping up, but when I try to dismiss or open it I get a message saying "Cannot turn off the reminder. You may be reminded again. Cannot locate recurrance for this appointment." This appointment no longer exists in my calendar so I can't go to the appointment to delete it. Any way I can make this reminder go away? ...

Can't insert rows
I am using Excel 2007 and have just loaded a spreadsheet created in a previous version which is running in Compatibility mode. When I try to insert a row I get an message "Cannot shift objects off sheet". How do I insert rows on this sheet? No problem with another workbook loaded at the same time which was created in 2007. See if this helps http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=211769 "Cannot shift objects off sheet" error message when you hide columns in Excel -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my...

Sequential Numbering
I would like to know the formula for making a cell be able to do sequential numbering such as for purchase orders. Tom, A simple way would be to use something like this, you could assign it to a button, an open or before print event. Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = _ Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value + 1 For other ways to do this or if this is going to be used in a temple have a look here http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html And if you are new to macros you may also what to have a look here on getting start...

E-Newsletter Doesn't Print All Pages
Outlook 2003 & 2007 =================== Hello, I have a customer who designs and sends out an E-Newsletter in MS Publisher. When I receive the e-newsletter and try to print it, it does not print all of the pages of the newsletter. Typically it only prints the first page (of 3 pages). I realize most would recommend that the customer send it out as a PDF attachment, but the preference is to send it out as an e-newsletter. Any thoughts on why I can not print all of the pages in the newsletter and what I can do to make it work? Thanks for giving this some thought. w...