How do I bring page from one file into the other?

How do i bring a page from one publisher file into the other?  I try
copy/paste but it doesnt seem to copy the text along with the text boxes.
Ill highlight everything, copy, go to new document, paste, and everything
pastes but the text boxes are all empty.  Is there any more "normal" way to
do this?
0
Greg7423 (349)

Are the text boxes linked to other text boxes? If they are, break the link, the
text will still be there. Copy/paste again and then re-link.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do i bring a page from one publisher file into the other?  I try
> copy/paste but it doesnt seem to copy the text along with the text boxes.
> Ill highlight everything, copy, go to new document, paste, and everything
> pastes but the text boxes are all empty.  Is there any more "normal" way to
> do this?

0
mary.sauer (2018)
9/30/2008 3:55:11 PM
How do you break a link?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Are the text boxes linked to other text boxes? If they are, break the link, the
> text will still be there. Copy/paste again and then re-link.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do i bring a page from one publisher file into the other?  I try
> > copy/paste but it doesnt seem to copy the text along with the text boxes.
> > Ill highlight everything, copy, go to new document, paste, and everything
> > pastes but the text boxes are all empty.  Is there any more "normal" way to
> > do this?

0
Greg7423 (349)
9/30/2008 5:03:02 PM
On the toolbar there is a chain link and a broken chain link, select the text
box, click the broken link.

--

> How do you break a link?
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Are the text boxes linked to other text boxes? If they are, break the link,
>> the
>> text will still be there. Copy/paste again and then re-link.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How do i bring a page from one publisher file into the other?  I try
>> > copy/paste but it doesnt seem to copy the text along with the text boxes.
>> > Ill highlight everything, copy, go to new document, paste, and everything
>> > pastes but the text boxes are all empty.  Is there any more "normal" way to
>> > do this?

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Hyperlink has changed on file re-opening
[Excel 2002, Win XP Pro] Hi All, i have cells in a sheet whose cell contents are hyperlinked to wor documents. the hyperlink is generated using VBA. part of the fil name includes the '[' and ']' characters (square brackets) when the macro is run, everything works fine (click in one of the cell and the appropriate word file opens) BUT when the workbook is closed an re-opened, the '[' & ']' is changed to '%5b' and '%5d' respectivel (which i guess is some srt of charatcer code for those symbols) if the hyperlink macro is re-run, it 're...

how do I create qif files from Excel for import into Quicken?
Want to import a bunch of financial data that's in Excel into Quicken. Can I create a QIF file from Excel? You'll need a converter utility for this. Here's a google search that might help: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-31,GGLD:en&q=convert+excel+to+quicken tj "pb" wrote: > Want to import a bunch of financial data that's in Excel into Quicken. > Can I create a QIF file from Excel? Hi *pb*, See if http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/xl2qif_en.php suits your purpose. Don't forget to back up the folde...

Contacts File Link?
I have several computers on a home network and WLM does a fine job of keeping the contacts in sync on all the computer. I am giving one of the systems to a friend. What is the best way to un-sync the contacts file on the system that I am giving away so they can have there own contacts file? Uninstall WL and reinstall with a new WL ID or Passport? Create a new Windows user. Remove the old user. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Ken" <krlorenz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:2099F8C5-9BCE-4229-A3D2-5187C1F4FFF9@microsoft.com... > I have several...

Export to Text Files Based on Field Value
I have an Access table with personal information (e.g., first name, last name, birth date, etc.) for thousands of people. The table is sorted by state. I want to be able to run a macro on that table that will create separate pipe delimited text files for each state with all fields included. Any help would be appreciated? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/201005/1 Instead of exporting the table, export a query based on the table. You will have to have some code that loops through the states and modifies the quer...

merging 3 spreadsheets into one based upon a single common data field
OK I hope you guys can help me out. Here is the scenario. I have 3 spreadsheets. The main spreadsheet I working with has 500 lines with a unique number string. The next two spreadsheets have about 12000 lines but also contain the same unique string as the first spreadsheet. I want to search the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet using the first spreadsheets unique id number and then take the information from the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet and then merge it into the first. Does that make since? Any help would be great. -- xchosen --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Mail as web page
I want to send an advertising mail shot that looks like a web page. What is the best way to achieve this? ---------------------------------------------------------- This message has been checked for all known viruses. The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege. It is intended for the named addressee only and may not be disclosed to any other parties without the prior permission of the originator. Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/ ...

How to import Eudora files into Outlook
I've searched the forum, and everyone seems to have already been able to bring their old Eudora files into Outlook. I am now trying to do this but cannot figure out how. I'm not even sure exactly where to find my Eudora files, much less get them over to Outlook 2007. Can someone help me here. My hard drive crashed last Friday and I have rebuilt a new one except for my email program. I have been using Thunderbird temporarily, but I really don't like it. My Eudora files are saved to a hard drive and Thunderbird imported them with no problem. But I can't for the life of me figur...

Page break in publisher to change from portraite to landscape
I am trying to change one page from portrate to landscape without effecting the rest of the pages, but each time i try it effects all the pages. I know in word you can select page break. Is there something similar in publisher as i am unable to find this? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/publisher/200707/1 Pub 2000 here and for me to do what you want I must leave the page in question as portrait and turn the text and images 90�. -- Don Vancouver, USA "chedd via OfficeKB.com" <u18187@uwe> wrote in message news:75f1cac2d1fca@...

Is there a way to extract files from the Off line files cache
I have a laptop that used to be a member of a SBS 2003 domain and was utilizing folder redirection of My Documents. The laptop was never reconfigured to remove it from the domain and the user continued to use the domain login. Since that time (about a year ago), the computer and user were removed from the SBS domain. So far so good, the user on the laptop was happy.. Today, the laptop was worked on and was removed from the domain. Now, the question is, where are the files that used to be in My documents? I beleive they are cached in the Offline files folder (C:\wind...

File Stuck In Outbox
I have a 6 MB file that can not be sent or deleted from my inbox. I followed the "Assistance" suggestions on the MS web site but had no luck. Any idea? http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/recover_deleted.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/...

moving large amounts of data from one db to another
I have a table that has millions of rows of data in it, which then references another table with millions of referenced (matching by foreign key constraints)... I need to move this data from database A to a new database B, is there any way to do this and preserve the identity columns and their referential integrity?) Thanks! You can't have integrated RI across databases so that part is out. But you can certainly insert and keep the identities. Take a look at SET IDENTITY INSERT in BOL. -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality Mentors "Smokey Grindel"...

How to delete a .mny file...
I'm new to Money 2003. I imported Quicken 2002 data, and for some reason, one or two accounts did not completely transfer. I repeated the import and opened a new Money file (with a new name.) This time it went smoothly. Simple question: can I just delete the old Money file I first created? Is it as simple as going to "my computer" and deleting the appropriate .mny file? Thanks for any response. EL In microsoft.public.money, EL wrote: >I'm new to Money 2003. I imported Quicken 2002 data, and >for some reason, one or two accounts did not completely >...

How do I make a single pdf page out of 4 publisher pages?
I would like to be able to send this newletter in pdf format by email. The people who receive it would like to scroll through the 4 pages. So far all I have been able to do is make a pdf out of each page and attach ~ as an attachement. They have to open each attachment to see the next page. Any help appreciated!! As you save to pdf look for a statement that says, "Append to existing file". This way all four pages will be in one file. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Cody" <Cody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0855587A-6DA5-410...

Free ASP.NET MVC paging component
I wrote a free asp.net mvc paging component (should it be called "control"?) called MvcPager, it supports 3 paging mode:standard url paging,default Ajax paging and jQuery Ajax paging. The paging implementation was inspired by Scottgu's PagedList<T> idea. You can view online demo and download it from http://en.webdiyer.com in case you're interested for this component! Hope you can find it's helpful! ...

Help with an expression to calculate a profit from one of three fi
Using Access 2003 SP3 - in Forms I know I'm probably asking a very complex question, so a very big THANK YOU to whomever can help. I am doing a detailed inventory and need help with an expression in my form that will calculate my profit based on one of three fields. Only one field would have the end data. To clarify what I am working with: Most stock items come by the "unit" and contain multiple "subunits" which, in turn, contain smaller "pieces." However, some "units" only come with "subunits" and some only come as &quo...

convert or open .pub file
I have recieved a file with a .pub extention. I do not have publisher, any ideas on how to open it, and readers that I can download. No trial is offered for this program to download? I tried acrobat distiller (microsoft said it would work) but it dosent work thank corey corey wrote: > I have recieved a file with a .pub extention. I > do not have publisher, any ideas on how to > open it, and readers that I can download. ================================= Best bet would be open it in the Publisher version that created it. There are no Publisher viewers. Here's some info you ma...

Can I calculate a field with 2 different filter criteria in one q
Hi, I have a data source table with a customer name field and various metrics fields, I'd like to sum metric "a" based on customer name being like "abc" and another sum of metric "a" where the customer name is NOT LIKE "abc" in one query, but I can't seem to figure this out, but, I'm a novice at this. Best I can figure is 2 different queries, then a 3rd query to bring the two together. Thanks -- Jim jimd wrote: >Hi, I have a data source table with a customer name field and various metrics >fields, I'd like to sum metric &...

HtmlHelp doesn't shoe the right page
I have a CDialog based application and i called HtmlHelp(this->m_hWnd, helpFilePath, HH_HELP_CONTEXT, dwData); in my WinHelp method. I checked the helpFilePath contains the right path, "c:\myapp\hlp\help.chm" and the dwData contains a right Help ID. I checked ..ali file, it contains correct information, like HID_CALL = Directory\Call.htm and in my hlp directory, it has a folder called Directory and has Call.htm. However, the HtmlHelp always return NULL. Would you please give me any ideas why the help doesn...

Unable to run excel macro after changing file name
After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error number 5 - Invalid procedure call or argument when users with excel 2000 run the macro. Users with excel 2003 are not having this issue Post the line of code that is causing the error. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "merf" <merf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F68DF323-214D-4F01-8D8E-654F9500242E@microsoft.com... > After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error > number 5 - > Invalid procedure cal...

how can I split one cell's data into two cells?
I am using Excel as a database, and have a column with cells with a person's name (text) in it...e.g., John Smith. NOW, after the fact, I wish to have a column with just John in it, and another column with just Smith...but I have NO idea how to do this! Help would be appreciated. Thank you. Please refrain from multiposting, you have answers in one of the 4! newsgroups you posted the same question in. Multiposting is frowned upon and even the MS web interface states so -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It ...

How can i print 1 page only??
We have Microsoft Outlook 2002. If an e-mail initially generated by us becomes very long owing to back and forth replies we would like to print only the first page containing the latest reply. However, the only option we are given is to print 'all/even/odd' pages. Some mails we receive which are not initially generated by us however give us the option of which page to print. It is this type of print option we would like to have for all e-mails! its driving us up the wall, there must be a simple way to do it but we just cant find out how! HELP! --------------------------------...

Version 9
Can you remove the option to add metrics through security, but leave the other home page options? Thanks I don't think you can do it in regular security, you'd need modifier to disable the 'Metrics' checkbox so it couldn't be selected. Field level security would work. ...

Help with Links to Files
Hello, I have a file in Word 97-2003 compatibility mode. When I select the Office Button / Prepare I see an option to Edit Links to Files. If I convert the file to 2007 format the option for Edit Links to Files is no longer there. Where did they go? thanks, mitch This is strange. The Edit Links to Files option should be available even if you save in Word 2007 format. Are you sure you didn't inadvertently break the link to the automation object? You could press Alt+F9 to see that the field code for the object is still intact. (Note that you can only see the field co...

Seam-Excel error when exporting file
When I export an excel file from a website the file exports with the file name of 'seam-excel' and I can't format the cells or create a pivot table without saving and re-naming the file. How can I get my file to not export with that file name? Is it a security setting? Have never heard of this problem being generated through Excel alone. I would suggest the source would be at the website from which you are exporting. Can you post a URL? I'd like to have a look just out of curiosity. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:41:01 -0800, fallou...

Merging three publisher documents into one
How do I merge three Publisher documents into one master document? All three are in the same format. Copy and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "jo" <jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91582EF0-7004-4BF3-9F40-1B82AE85C1BC@microsoft.com... > How do I merge three Publisher documents into one master document? All > three > are in the same format. ...