How do I apply borders one side at a time

In Publisher I am trying to have a border on the top, on the bottom, on the
leftside, but NOT on the rightn side.  Can I do this?  How?
0
Mike1154 (1216)

Select the object, click the line icon, more lines (styles, in 2000 and below) select
the right side, click none.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"the dr mike" <the dr mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Publisher I am trying to have a border on the top, on the bottom, on the
> leftside, but NOT on the rightn side.  Can I do this?  How?

0
gsauer (5093)

How do I split one cell of 6 numbers into two cells of 3 and 3?
I have a column of data that has six numbers in each cell, however I need to split this into two columns, where the first column is the first three digits and the second column is the last three. There is no separator (space, comma or dash) between the numbers. Any suggestions? Use Text To Columns. Select your column of data, then: <Data> <TextToColumns> Click "Fixed Width", then <Next>, Click in the data to display the "break line", and drag it to separate the numbers as desired. Then <Finish> -- HTH, RD =================================...

Calendar Meeting Time
I was "Invited" to a meeting. The start time on my header showed as 8:00 AM. The real start time is 9:00 AM. Others were invited, but their start time shows at the correct 9:00 AM. My clock (in the bottom right hand corner of my screen shows the correct time. Do I have the time set incorrectly in another area? This is a brand new computer Thanks. In Outlook, go to Tools, OPtions, Calendar Options, Time Zones. Check to make sure the "automatically adjust for daylight savings time" checkbox is checked. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP http://blogs.officezealot.com/car...

Filter applied (Inbox)
I installed Outlook 2007 to my XP SP2 operating system. E-mails come into my inbox. If I read each one and transfer them into my personal folders then no problem. If I leave Outlook open and go to My Documents to research something and return back to the Inbox, all the e-mails either read or unread go into a "Filter Applied" folder lower left automatically. I now have 260 e-mails in this folder and cannot get them out or cannot open the folder. Help please. These e-mails are not junk or intentionally deleted. Thank anyone for assistance. The Inbox is a folder of the ...

How to Delete or Edit System Views
i have several sytem (i.e.public) views in our CRM 3.0c installation that I need to either delete or modify. I (as admin) cannot do either. These are not the Default system-defined views, but views that were created after the initial installtion. We upgraded from CRM 2 to 3 and these may have initially been created in CRM 2. Does anyone know how I can make them editable again? ...

Apply Log File
Hi, I did a tape restore of First Storage Group and the state is "Clean Shutdown" How do I apply those log files back to the storage group that were generated after the backup? Thanks, Gabriel http://support.microsoft.com/kb/296788/en-us Make sure they're all there and consistent, then start the IS and they will roll forward. "Gabriel Chua" <glchua@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message news:exh%23yCvhHHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I did a tape restore of First Storage Group and the state is "Clean > Shutdown" > How do...

McAfee slows CRM response time
McAfee seems to slow down CRM response time considerably. 30-45 seconds to load a page. We've disabled scriptscan. What else can be done to configure this? McAfee 8.5.... or 8.0 Seems it has on access scan of the IE Temp folders and it slows it down. ...

Convert Seconds and decimals to time
Hello, I'm exporting some information from a system called CMS. The problem I'm having is that it exports in seconds and decimals. For instance 3:19 (3 minutes 19 seconds) is exporting as 226.605636597. I'm trying to convert this back to 3:19. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Chuck -- bagoxc ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bagoxc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30084 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497654 I don't see how 3 minutes 19 seconds ...

i want to only select one name from a list of the same names
I have a column of names and in the column there are 20 rows saying "apples" and 10 rows saying "oranges" and 5 rows of "bannanas". I would like to produce a report that pulls only the name i.e. "apples", which would then allow me to produce a consolidated list of names. This would mean that I would end up with 3 rows one saying "apples", one saying "oranges and one saying "bannanas". In B1 use =A1 In B2, add =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(0,COUNTIF(B$1:B1,$A$1:$A$20&""),0)),"", INDEX(IF(ISBLANK($A$1:$A$20),&qu...

Applying Filter to Form in a Looping Macro Causes Catastrophic Err
I have a form that contains order details and I run through a loop that applies a filter to the form (only view one order at a time), and then removes the filter, applies a different filter (next order) and then removes it etc. After about 300 times, I get a message stating "not enough memory..." This is fairly consistent and have narrowed it down to being a MS Access issue (as opposed to a hardware issue). I have reduced the number of times the looping macro runs to 100, and finishes successfully (without the memory error), but renders the keyboard useless for changing an...

TIme difference
Hi all, I am curently using the laptop with outlook. When i send out email, the time on the message is different from my laptop's clock. Any suggestion? Naga <Naga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am curently using the laptop with outlook. When i send out email, > the time on the message is different from my laptop's clock. > > Any suggestion? Sure. Adjust the incorrect time on the machine where it is defined. -- Brian Tillman In news:7BCA5064-1AE7-4C0A-B195-44A335E31ACB@microsoft.com, Naga <Naga@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi all, >...

problem with Capital One Bank
I have an account with Capital One Bank for my Credit Card and they offer online services including downloadable MS Money compatible account statements at http://www.capitalone.com/indexrfa.php. However, Money doesn't list Capital One as a Bank in its database (only Capital One Finacial Corp for which money doesn't detect any online services available and lists an incorrect website). How can i set up my Capital One account on Money and have my online account statements automatically downloaded into Money? In microsoft.public.money, Paul wrote: >I have an account with Ca...

Time Stamp Issue
I have it set up in my table that everytime a record is created it is time stamped with the date. What I am trying to do is set up a separate time stamp when the record is modified while also keeping the original record creation time stamp. Is this possible and if so how can I do it? I'm sorry to just jump into your post Antavas but I have a similar question and hope you don't mind. How would you do this if you want to also track changes to a subform? I have a form with a subform. The form has a date modified field. I would like to track any changes that occur, whethe...

how best to creat an inventory list, with one master sheet and a sheet for each item #2
Not sure if what you have described will work. I am looking at havin to inventory 200 items or so, and keep a sheet on each that I ca record issue and received stock, with a couple other columns o information as well. The 'master' sheet would list all items and a current balance so that can print it out without having to print out excessive pages and i would provide a nice way to view current stock at a glance. I als have hopes of formatting that page so it will give me notice when t re-order, etc. Hope this helps clear up what I am trying to do. Thanks for all the help, keep it...

Help with time function
I NEED HELP... if cell a1 lets say is 7:00 and I would like to add 15 minutes to this time in cell a2 what would be the formula. Everything I seem to try fails. thanks David Poe djoseph11@tampabay.rr.com One way: A2: =A1 + TIME(0,15,0) another: A2: =A1 + 15/(24*60) or equivalently A2: = A1 + 15/1440 or, equivalently A2: =A1 + 1/96 In article <Ihsbc.397852$jH.5735715@twister.tampabay.rr.com>, "David Joseph" <DJOSEPH11@tampabay.rr.com> wrote: > I NEED HELP... > > if cell a1 lets say is 7:00 and I would like to > add 15 ...

Acer Ferrari One FO200-1799 Notebook
Acer has launched the new Acer Ferrari One FO200-1799 notebook in the US market. The Acer Ferrari One FO200-1799 notebook comes with a one- year limited warranty and its available at a price of $599.99.The Ferrari One notebook is just an inch thin and weighs only 3.31 pounds, which makes the design sleek and very easy to carry. http://www.newsgaze.com/news/acer-launches-ferrari-one-fo200-1799-notebook-in-us/ ...

Time change
Can anyone tell me why my exchange server is time stamping my mail an hour before it's processed on the server. The server clock shows the right time. I set up a sync with a standard time server some weeks ago, but since daylight savings kicked in the timestamp on mail shows it to be processes an hour earlier than it really is. How do I resync the time in Exchange? Kim Check the time zone settings on the server and the clients....make sure Automatically adjust for daylight savings is checked... "Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7D48C64...

Converting string of info in one cell into multiple
I have one cell containing a street, city, state and zip that I want converted to 4 individual cells without manually entering each cell. Thanks, Becky Try Data/Text to Columns. Use "," as a delimiter, then a space character. If you have states with two-word names spelled out, do a search and replace first to replace them with one word names, then reverse it after you do the Text to Columns. In article <66979866-7EDB-4A72-994B-FC32C38ED62D@microsoft.com>, bbrowning711 <bbrowning711@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have one cell containing a street, cit...

Current Military Time to Display
I would like to display the current time in military time on a form. I need to keep the clock running while the form is open. Any help would be appreciated, Thank you, CDG -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0032.htm at "The Access Web" explains how to have a time field continually update. How you format the time is under your control. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "CDG via AccessMonster.com" <u17949@uwe> wrote in message news:a03ea...

Add-in must be 'run' one time to stick? How to auto invoke?
Thanks to Dave Peterson's recent sample and tips to get started I have gotten past the notion of a script-holding template file and gotten all the functionality I need into a .xla addin menu The functions in the addin are made available thru a toolbar menu created like... Set cbcCutomMenu = _ cbMainMenuBar.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlPopup, _ Before:=iHelpMenu) '(5)Give the control a caption cbcCutomMenu.Caption = "M&y Menu" .... and added by these subs in the 'View Code' thingy: Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Run "...

Can I control the time of Internet updates?
I have certain of my credit cards to update once a day, and I noticed it seems to do that right around midnight. I suspect one of the cards has their systems doing something then, as the update for that one always fails. But when I do another update in the morning or any other time, it succeeds. So I was wondering if I could change it to do the update at a time other than midnight, but it doesn't seem to give me that ability? thanks ...

I set Word 2004 to show two pages side by side, now how to fix it?
I think I was trying to print a pamphlet with 2-sided printing, but now I just want the normal view. It's straining my eyes and this is the default view for new documents. At least with *Windows* versions of Word, the zoom is saved with the file. You should be able to open the Normal template as a file and set the desired zoom; after you've saved the changes, the chosen zoom ratio would then apply to all new, blank documents. For more on this, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/SaveViewAndZoom.htm (note that the instructions are for WinWord). -- Stefan Blom ...

Business Portal HRM Time Cards for Salaried or Salary Employees
We see the need for having the ability in time card entry in the Business Portal HRM to allow salaried employees to submit some sort of zero timecard, which indicates that they have worked regular hours in a pay period. Currently, there is only the ability for the salaried employees to submit timecards if they have some special sort of pay, like vacation, holiday, or sick. But some companies, for documentation purposes, require their salaried employees to sign off that they have worked regular hours in a pay period, and it seems that allowing a zero timecard to be submitted by a sala...

Time zone
When I noticed the clock on my pc was wrong, I changed the time zone from Pacific to Eastern which is my correct U.S. time zone. After doing this, all of the items inserted as "all day" appointments in my monthly calendar are displayed with an image of a clock on either side of the appointment. The option to display clocks is turned off in the settings. Why is this happening and how can I prevent it from happening. Right now, I've had to put back the Pacific time zone and adjust to the pc not telling the right time. Is there any other solution? Thanks! ddlaz No ...

Flagged info
I use the completed box in the flag along with the description when I'm closing an issue that has been tracked throughout via email. In the past, in other places I've worked, the date and time will also be printed, not just the flag and flag status. I noticed in one other contract that the defaults somehow were set so that date/time didn't appear and in this current contract, same thing. This current job, though, is all about tracking BFs, though, and so I cannot afford not to have the date/time the flag info was completed printed out. Does anyone know how to change it so that ...

Outlook security
Hi I just wanted to know if there is a better way to get around outlook security than the admin pack? As far as I am aware it only works if it is setup through a windows 2000 pc? There are less and less windows 2000 pcs around. What does one to do if all pcs are winxp in a network? Thanks Regards Your options depend on your scenario and Outlook client version; see = http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm=20 There is no requirement that you use Windows 2000 to set up the Outlook = Security Settings folder.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 200...