How do I apply a template I created to an existing publication?

I want to change a publication I created to a design that I created and saved
in a publisher format.  I do not want to have to recreate the publication in
the new format, just change it!  "Publication Options" "Apply Template"
brings up a list of templates that does not include the one I created and
want to use.  Help!
0
NMatti (3)

Did you save the publication as a template? Save as "Publisher template". What
version Publisher are you using? If you are using 2007 you will have to browse
to the templates.

They are in a folder similar to this (Vista) These folders are hidden.
C:\Users\<<user>>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates
Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\<<user>>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates

Another 2007 bug...
--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"NMatti" <NMatti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to change a publication I created to a design that I created and saved
> in a publisher format.  I do not want to have to recreate the publication in
> the new format, just change it!  "Publication Options" "Apply Template"
> brings up a list of templates that does not include the one I created and
> want to use.  Help!

0
mary.sauer (2018)
10/28/2008 8:46:48 PM

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Did you save the publication as a template? Save as "Publisher template". What
> version Publisher are you using? If you are using 2007 you will have to browse
> to the templates.
>
> They are in a folder similar to this (Vista) These folders are hidden.
> C:\Users\<<user>>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates
> Windows XP
> C:\Documents and Settings\<<user>>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
>
> Another 2007 bug...
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "NMatti" <NMatti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to change a publication I created to a design that I created and saved
> > in a publisher format.  I do not want to have to recreate the publication in
> > the new format, just change it!  "Publication Options" "Apply Template"
> > brings up a list of templates that does not include the one I created and
> > want to use.  Help!

0
NMatti (3)
10/29/2008 7:57:01 PM
Thanks, Mary.  This is Publisher 2007.  Yes, I did save it as template and
made sure it was in the appropriate directory.  This is where I am stuck:
In "Format Publication" "Publication Options" I click "Apply a Template" and
I get a new dialogue box with a whole list of templates, but not mine.  I
have tried searching for the file, but nothing turns up.

For some reason, I can't find the other templates, either, even with a
hidden file search.  They are somewhere--I can use them.  Could it be just my
machine?

Nancy

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Did you save the publication as a template? Save as "Publisher template". What
> version Publisher are you using? If you are using 2007 you will have to browse
> to the templates.
>
> They are in a folder similar to this (Vista) These folders are hidden.
> C:\Users\<<user>>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates
> Windows XP
> C:\Documents and Settings\<<user>>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
>
> Another 2007 bug...
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "NMatti" <NMatti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to change a publication I created to a design that I created and saved
> > in a publisher format.  I do not want to have to recreate the publication in
> > the new format, just change it!  "Publication Options" "Apply Template"
> > brings up a list of templates that does not include the one I created and
> > want to use.  Help!

0
NMatti (3)
10/29/2008 9:05:00 PM
They should be in the Template folder in the Application Data.

Go to the Control Panel, Folder Options, View tab, tick Show hidden files and
folders. It will be easier for you to look.

--

> Thanks, Mary.  This is Publisher 2007.  Yes, I did save it as template and
> made sure it was in the appropriate directory.  This is where I am stuck:
> In "Format Publication" "Publication Options" I click "Apply a Template" and
> I get a new dialogue box with a whole list of templates, but not mine.  I
> have tried searching for the file, but nothing turns up.
>
> For some reason, I can't find the other templates, either, even with a
> hidden file search.  They are somewhere--I can use them.  Could it be just my
> machine?
>
> Nancy
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Did you save the publication as a template? Save as "Publisher template".
>> What
>> version Publisher are you using? If you are using 2007 you will have to
>> browse
>> to the templates.
>>
>> They are in a folder similar to this (Vista) These folders are hidden.
>> C:\Users\<<user>>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates
>> Windows XP
>> C:\Documents and Settings\<<user>>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
>>
>> Another 2007 bug...
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "NMatti" <NMatti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I want to change a publication I created to a design that I created and
>> >saved
>> > in a publisher format.  I do not want to have to recreate the publication
>> > in
>> > the new format, just change it!  "Publication Options" "Apply Template"
>> > brings up a list of templates that does not include the one I created and
>> > want to use.  Help!

0
mary.sauer (2018)

How to create a username and password in Access
I have created a database with all the functionalities in it. I am now interested in creating a username and password to allow administrative staff to access it. On 18 May, 14:41, How to create a username and password in <How to create a username and password i...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created a database with all the functionalities in it. I am now > interested in creating a username and password to allow administrative staff > to access it. What version of Access are you using? www.keithwilby.co.uk On Tue, 18 May 2010 06:41:01 -0700, How t...

Public folder unread message count
Hi There ! Is it possible to get subj. on public folders (inbox alike) where the unread message count is pr. user based ? With Kind Reguards Kim On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 07:25:01 -0700, Kim (KBData) <KimKBData@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi There ! > >Is it possible to get subj. on public folders (inbox alike) where the unread >message count is pr. user based ? > >With Kind Reguards > >Kim huh? Kim, If you are running Exchange 2k3 you can change this setting on the General tab of the Public folder in question. If you are running Exchange 2k let me ...

chart templates
Hello, sorry for not knowing the exact english terms as I am using the german versions of Office. In Office 2007 chart templates exists. But I have not found the setting to change the standard folder where they are saved. Right now it is C:\Documents and settings\USERNAME \Anwendungsdaten(?)\Microsoft\Templates\Charts. How can I change that path? Only in Word 2007 you can set the standard folders. But I haven't found the appropriate setting there! I want to set the standard folder to the server so every user can use the same chart templates! If I put a template file (*.crtx) on the Se...

Defaults for Public folders
Is there a way to automatically have public folders use the public store defaults when I create a new folder? I create a lot of folders and I have I have to change the item size limit on every folder and would rather just have it do it automatically. Thanks, Sander System policies - Public store policy is what you want. Regards, Boris "Sander" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote in message news:%23kj%23vJj3EHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to automatically have public folders use the public store > defaults when I create a new folder? I create a lot o...

find a copy of a standard formal report lay out/template
looking for an example of a formal report template Hello pppe productivity placement program example wrote: > looking for an example of a formal report template You can find templates offered by Microsoft at the following URL: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx namely: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101043361033.aspx HTH Robert -- /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT | \ / | MVP | Scientific Reports X Against HTML | for | with Word? / \ in e-mail & news | Word | ...

running a Macro in 2007 which was created in 2003
Hi there, I hope you can help, I am not VB literate unfortunately but I am trying to run a macro with the following line of code which creates an error: LastRow = Master_Wksht.Range("N" & Rows.Count).End(xlup).Row Is there a change between versions which means this line won't work any more? Simon, That line is fine in E2007 provided you have 'SET' Master_Wksht but if you hadn't done that it wouldn't have run in earlier versions of Excel Set Master_Wksht = Sheets("Sheet1") What have you dimmed LastRow as it should be long. ...

Public folder replication help!!
how can i replicate on epublic folder structure to another on CURRENT Exchange server (not between some) thank U. I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you wanting to add a second public folder hierarchy on the same server and replicate your PFs between hierarchies on the same server? missy "Topper" <alexander.rodenkov@bix.ru> wrote in message news:uped6nP5DHA.2720@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > how can i replicate on epublic folder structure to another on CURRENT > Exchange server (not between some) > thank U. > > "Topper" <alexander.roden...

How do I create boxes with radial (rounded) corners?
I would like to create boxes with radial corners. Autoshapes has that feature. Look at the Basic Shapes category. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "JazzyMom" <JazzyMom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F199D113-9D97-4CA8-B377-3D94B458564A@microsoft.com... >I would like to create boxes with radial corners. ...

need a template to compare man hours to workload?
-- ace ace wrote: || -- || ace Why would you need a "template" to do that? One cell has hours, the next has workload and do your ratio in a third. QED. Thank you, I am very new at this. "Gordon" wrote: > ace wrote: > || -- > || ace > > Why would you need a "template" to do that? One cell has hours, the next has > workload and do your ratio in a third. > QED. > > > ace wrote: || Thank you, I am very new at this. || || "Gordon" wrote: || ||| ace wrote: ||||| -- ||||| ace ||| ||| Why would you need a "tem...

Excel creating 'backup' version of my sheet...
Hi, a user noticed that one of his sheets is creating backup-copies by itself... - He deletes the backup version - opens the original sheet - change something - saves the original sheet - closes the original sheet tadaaaaa.... now a new file with 'name backup.xls' is created... He told me that he noticed this behaviour when he was 'protecting' his sheet by a password. Now we moved to Office2007 and he wants to get rid of this behaviour. Any suggestions? (btw, no add-ins are installed!) FOUND, Seems there is an extra checkbox, hidden in the tools options in 'Save...

How to Edit the Macro that exists behind an existing Command Butto
Hi There, Hoping someone can help me out ... I have inherited the task of managing an Access 2007 application. Within this application I have an Access 2007 form that has a Command Button. I'm not sure how this Command Button was created (Macro, Query, etc.) but I do know what it does. I would like to edit the Query/Macro this Command Button executes. I'd rather not edit the VBA coding as I am a VBA Beginner. Can you pleae let me know how I can edit the Command Button's Query/Macro. Thank you, Jason A command button can run a macro or a VB event proce...

Public Folder replication #27
Hi I have the following problem: I've set ud a 2nd Exchange 2003 and want this server to take over the entire job, of my 1st Exchange 2003 server and want to remove the Exchange installation of the 1st Exchange server. The installation went well. I moved all the users mailboxes, I changed my firewall to deliver mail to the 2nd Exchange. So far so good. Works perfect. Now to my problem. I can't replicate the public folders, mentioned in KB822931 (how to remove the first Exchange Server 2003 computer from the administrative group). When I right click the public folder I want to rep...

Purchase Order Template won't open
I am trying to open the purchase order template in Excel 2000 and I get this error message: "This workbook contains a type of macro (Microsoft Excel version 4.0 macro) that cannot be disabled nor signed. Therefore, this workbook cannot be opened under High Securtiy Level." I have tried changing my security settings, but it doesn't help. Any ideas? Thank you, Kerri Hi Kerri! I can't test because I haven't got that template. You could send to address below. But why not get the latest template from: http://office.microsoft.com/templates/category.aspx?CategoryID...

TransferText
Is there a way to have table or query exported out to a text file and APPEND to what is already in the text file instead of overwrite? Please advise. Thank you. "Brig Siton" <bnospamsiton@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e0wzJZZ1KHA.5328@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have table or query exported out to a text file and > APPEND to what is already in the text file instead of overwrite? TransferText will always overwrite the target file. If you still want to use TransferText, you can export to a temporary file, then use one of seve...

dynamically created subclassed CComboBox doesnot recieve CBN_SELCHANGE in Activex Control
hi, Please ignore this post if a similar one appears. I posted yesterday and the post has not appeared on the NG yet. That said, let me explain the problem : I subclassed the CComboBox and am placing it on a CToolBar derivative. Both the combobox and the toolbar are created dynamically. I wish to trap the CBN_SELCHANGE message of the combobox and do some action in there. But the combobox doesnot seem to recieve the message (more precisely, the handler is never called).All this is in a classwizard generated MFC based Activex Control. Here is what I do: 1. In the main COleControl deri...

Sheet Copy Creates Duplicate Naming Error
I've been copying sheets within a particular workbook and I get an error message that primarily states: " A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name '......', which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name? - To use the name as defined in the destination sheet, click YES. - To rename the range referred to in the formula or worksheet, click NO, and enter a new name in the Name Conflict dialog Box. " I know this is the normal message when you copy an entire sheet that contains named ranges, which i...

Creating family trees
How best can I use Visio for creating ancestral family trees? Or is there a better Microsoft Word compatible program other than Visio? ...

How do I take two pictures put them side by side to create one
I am trying to create one picture by placing 2 of them side by side. Use a photo editing program then insert the picture into Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "coopskat679" <coopskat679@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EEB18D4-FB70-40AE-9CB6-AD40F8FD80A7@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create one picture by placing 2 of them side by side. coopskat679 wrote: > I am trying to create one picture by placing 2 of them side by side. Insert two pictures. Turn on the Snap to Objects option (Arrange > Snap > To Objects). ...

Spam Program that works on Public Folders
Hello, I currently use SpamNet for spam filtering, and it works great. However, some my messages get delivered to a Public Folder (Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003) and those messages are not filted by SpamNet. Does anyone know of a Spam program that works on emails that show as posts in an Exchange Public Folder? Thanks, Gerald Try www.spambayes.org Gerald S schrieb: > > Hello, > > I currently use SpamNet for spam filtering, and it works great. > However, some my messages get delivered to a Public Folder (Outlook 2003 > / Exchange 2003) and those messages are not filte...

How do I create a calendar with the months I need?
I am trying to create a calendar for October 2005 thru December 2006 to post vacation times onto? Have you looked at the Calendar Wizard that comes with Word? It will create the calendar for you, then believe you can add the vacation information manually. On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:28:06 -0700, gottpd <gottpd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to create a calendar for October 2005 thru December 2006 to post >vacation times onto? ...

Does anyone know a good template for kids chores?
Does anyone have a good template for kids chores. Doesn't have to be excel. Any program would be fine. ...

Drag and drop to create a link to a file in a cell of an Excel file
Hi, What I want to do is to click a file in Windows Explorer and then drag and drop it into a cell of an opened Excel file to create a hyperlink to this file (i.e. later on if the linked file is a PDF file and if I click the link, it will open the file in Adobe Reader. Of course, it does not work in the way as I thought. Instead, Excel reads the file into a worksheet. I wonder whether anyone has an idea how to achieve this. It is just too tedious to use Insert -> Hyperlink to create the link if there are many files to be linked. Thanks for any suggestion. Paul. How about just getting th...

how to create borderless(or thin border) resizable dialog box like gtalk ?
Hi all, I need to create a thin border dialog box that can be resized just like gtalk. can you please suggest how to do this ? Regards, Shoeb > I need to create a thin border dialog box that can be resized just >like gtalk. can you please suggest how to do this ? I'm not sure, but I think it can be done by handling WM_NCHITTEST, passing it to the default handler, checking for the HTBORDER value, determining the mouse position and returning the equivalent sizing border hit code instead. There's some code here that looks like the sort of thing I'm thi...

How do I create a Line Chart (Special)
Hi there, I know how to create a line chart, what i want basically to do is create a stack chart without showing the border or colour, all i want is to show the line only ay the top of the stack. hope this makes sense. regards Harry Stacked charts in general, and stacked line charts specifically, are not very effective at showing information, but if you look at the other line chart subtypes, the two in the center column of the Chart Type dialog (when Line is selected in the list) are "stacked line" types, which only show the line for the cumulative total at each catego...

How can I request to create a new Formula?
The fomula is a mix of VLOOKUP and SEARCH: =VSEARCH(A1;table1!A:A;2;false) In the A1 is the Text “Shell GmbH” In the A2 is the Text “Deutsche Shell” In the A3 is the Text “Shell LTD.” In Table1 Colum A it says Shell In Table1 Colum B it says Shell Group The result would be that the formula would give back always “Shell Group”. The option “true” would even accept “Shel” or “Schell” Thanks, Eckhard ...