How do I alternate headers on facing pages?

This may have been answered before on this group, but a search of existing
posts doesn't yield anything.

I've been setting up a book to publish, a catalog really, based up the
contents of a database.  Publisher 2003 makes easy work of this, but I need
to be able to add the author's name as a header for the odd numbered pages,
and the the chapter title for the even numbered pages, and so far several
purchases of books, and trips to the library has yielded nothing.  Is
publisher 2003 capable of doing this?  This is so basic to book publishing
that I'd be surprised if it doesn't, but then I've been surprised before.
I've set up two master pages, one with one header, one with the other, but
have found no way to apply each to alternating pages.

Any help would be most appreciated.

/Bob

0
bobe (1)

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:38:25 +0000, Bob Erdmann wrote
(in article <120b8uf9n9qt529@corp.supernews.com>):

> This may have been answered before on this group, but a search of existing
> posts doesn't yield anything.
>
> I've been setting up a book to publish, a catalog really, based up the
> contents of a database.  Publisher 2003 makes easy work of this, but I need
> to be able to add the author's name as a header for the odd numbered pages,
> and the the chapter title for the even numbered pages, and so far several
> purchases of books, and trips to the library has yielded nothing.  Is
> publisher 2003 capable of doing this?  This is so basic to book publishing
> that I'd be surprised if it doesn't, but then I've been surprised before.
> I've set up two master pages, one with one header, one with the other, but
> have found no way to apply each to alternating pages.
>
> Any help would be most appreciated.
>
> /Bob

It doesn't. Purchase Serif PagePlus and you'll be able to do what you need
easily.

0
naggingdoubt (192)
3/1/2006 1:57:28 PM
Bob Erdmann <bobe@ngcic.org> was very recently heard to utter:
> I've set up two
> master pages, one with one header, one with the other, but have found
> no way to apply each to alternating pages.

You don't want two master pages, you want one two-page master.  Arrange >
Layout Guides > Two-page master.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)

Printing and Headers (WLM + XP Pro)
Hi folks, Whenever I print an email, I always lose some info at the borders. This does not happen if I print from browsers (either FF 3.6 or IE 8) because I can set the margins with "Page Setup". Where can I change these settings in WLM? I've looked everywhere but cannot seem to find the option. Thanks in advance! -- Neil ��D WLMail uses Internet Explorer's print engine when printing messages. There does appear to be a bug in the way the IE8 print engine prints = certain types of HTML e-mails from WLMail (and OE), cutting the right = side off the ...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: Alternative method to use Entourage and Time Machine
Previously, I explained how to "Time Machine" your Identity that could be used by both Tiger and Leopard users. See this alternative method that was suggested by one of the commenters to easily add your Identity to your Time Machine backup without the hourly/daily additions. This is Leopard only. Alternative method to use Entourage and Time Machine (The Entourage Help Blog) <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/01/alternative_method_to_use_entourage_ and_time_machine.html> -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <http://www.ent...

Page numbers when I have 2 section breaks in 1 page
Hello. What do I do with my page numbers when I have 2 section breaks in 1 page. -(Page) at (SectionPages)- Right now it says 1 to 1 beacause of the section breaks. I would like it to be 1 to 5 ex. My problem is that I have a title which is framed in 2 section breaks. Im doing this because I write in columns and i dont want the title to be in columns-format. The problem is so, that it counts the title of an independent section and confuse the page number. How do I get it to count for a single section? Please Help Instead of using section breaks around the title, I would pro...

Page Margins
I've screwed with margin guides and page layout to no effect. My flyer still will not print without being cut off. Why can't this program print what I have on the screen? On the screen the pictures and text are WELL WITHIN the margin guides, yet when printing the bottom portion is always cut off. I know the printer type will have some effect but it shouldn't be that much. The screen shows my picture about an inch from the bottom margin yet the printout is cut off by an inch. This is not a Publisher problem. Look into getting a printer driver update from the manufacture...

Page Subtotals
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet that is printed weekly that spans many pages. Each page includes a page total and a grand total. Currently, each page is a seperate sheet with the totals manually placed at the bottom. I would like to combine the entire spreadsheet into one sheet. I can repeat rows at the top of each page for the heading. However, how can I have a subtotal on each printed page, regardless of the page breaks, as well as a grand total of all previous data? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steven You got mail! "scox@thecrossgroup.com" wrote: &...

Filter by header to an exchange account
Greetings: I have a mailserver gateway that handles our mail and spam filtering. It tags teh messages with a Header: "X-Spam= YES" How can I "filter" messages with this header and direct them to a specific exchange mailbox/account instead of the original recipient? Thanks, Scott On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 19:54:31 -0600, "Scott" <scott@invalidUCE.com> wrote: >Greetings: > >I have a mailserver gateway that handles our mail and spam filtering. It >tags teh messages with a Header: "X-Spam= YES" > >How can I "filter" mess...

page number in each section
Hi there I have several section and the footer shows page # of #. In each section, I want it to start at 1 of number of pages in the section. I figured out how to change the first number so it is correct-- but I can not figure out how to change the total number of pages in the document to the total number of pages in the section. How do you change it so is show the total number of pages in the section? -- Thank-you! Ruth Use the SectionPages field instead of NumPages. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mv...

spreadsheet prints on multiple pages
We recently installed 4 identical computers in our office. We are using Excel XP. Three of the computers print fine. The different spreadsheet templates we use all print correctly. However, the fourth computer does not. The fonts do not look correct and the cell sizes are all changed. Therefore, when it prints, it prints on multiple pages instead of one page. These files all come from the same location on the network. If we save one that does not print correctly from that computer and open on another computer, then it prints fine. The only way I can correct the problem is to set the ...

select a range of pages to delete in MS Publisher
Please tell me I am not the only one who thinks that deleting one (or two pages if you are in the two-page-spread view) is obnoxiously time-consumming. There should be a dialog box that lets you choose which pages to delete. In the help files, it even tells you that it is best to delete four pages at a time, but you still have to delete pages one or two pages at a time. This is ridiculous! Hope someone will consider fixing it in the next releas.e ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this s...

OWA Logoff Page
I just can't leave well enough alone. I made a change to the boot.ini file, I added the /3GB and /USERVA=3030 options to the file. I restarted the machine. Now, when I logoff OWA, I get a cannot find page error. The .asp page is where the browser is trying to find it. https://domainname/exchweb/bin/USA/logoff.asp Any ideas what I messed up? Thanks, Jeff Jeff Grossman <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote: >I just can't leave well enough alone. I made a change to the boot.ini >file, I added the /3GB and /USERVA=3030 options to the file. I >restarted the machine. Now...

Page 1 of X
I think I already know the answer to this, but forgive me for asking it again. On the lower right corner of views, CRM shows Page 1 with the navigation arrows. Is there any way to show page 1 of X, where X is somehow predetermined? Thanks for any help you can offer. -- Steve Luc Senior Consultant InfoGrow Corp (330)929-1353 x222 Unfortunately, no. This feature has yet to be enhanced to "jump to" the last page. If you have access to SQL, you could do a Count query against the entity's filtered view. But as for the CRM UI, you're stuck clicking and clicking... --MD ...

row header missing
Hi all expert My excel row header (the numbering bar) is hided, how to unhide it?? Tried the Row & Column header option in the tools menu but not help. Please advice Thanks BT Maybe the window isn't nicely positioned. Window|arrange|tiled and then you can resize each window the way you want Barry wrote: > > Hi all expert > > My excel row header (the numbering bar) is hided, how to unhide it?? > > Tried the Row & Column header option in the tools menu but not help. > > Please advice > Thanks > BT -- Dave Peterson ...

how do I create one publisher .doc file from 12 files w/pages
how do I create one publisher doc from variety of multipage publisher docs. Is there an easy way or must I copy and paste each page from each doc into a new doc. HELP! Looking forward to hearing the answer. I dont know what to look for in the help area, merge? catalogue? -- jane I being a Publisher 2000 user, have only two solutions; in Publisher, copy/paste from one file to the other. or Create a PDF file out of the first file and append PDF files of the other publisher files. Standby for other better methods. Best if you mentioned your version of Publisher. -- Don Vancouver, ...

GP 10.0 home page Runtime Error
Hello: This client was getting the "The specified module could not be found error", upon logging into GP 10.0 for the first time after a new install. I remedied this home page issue, by registering the msxml2.dll file in C:\WINNT\System32. Finally, this got the home page to at least appear. But, now we get this Runtime Error that says "Class not registered". We have installed the XML Parser and the Office 2003 Web Components and have registered the msxml3.dll file. No success. Any ideas? Security is ridiculously tight a this client. Would it do any good to mes...

Pictures in headers
Is there a way to modify this... ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterHeaderPicture.Filename = <path> ....to use a picture already on a worksheet rather than in a seperate file? ...

excel invalid page fault in Excel.exe
I get an invalid page fault when I try to open Excel from programs. I can open it from the start, run menu in safe mode. Any help? Thanks, Russ ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Try the suggestions at www.cpearson.com/excel/startuperrors.htm , especially the section regarding customized toolbar files (xlb files). -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP -...

Alternate xlstart folder not starting
Excel XP Win 2000 Server We run 6 identical Dell Optiplex's installed with Office Xp Professional. One work station currently does not load the files in our alternate xlstart folder (on our server). All other clients configured the same way load these files upon starting Excel. Any experience with this issues would be greatly appreciated. Bill Carlson ...

How do I make column headers viewable as I scroll down the workshe
Without hiding rows, how do I make column headers viewable as I scroll down the worksheet? Select a row below the text you want to show, then use Window/Freeze Panes Bob Umlas Excel MVP FYI, I'll be leading a LIVE 1-hour FREE webinar on tips & tricks on January 27 from 4-5 PM est. It's done from your computer. To find out more & register, go to http://www.iil.com, click on the yellowish rectangle on the left "Try a free webinar", click the link for Microsoft Tips & Tricks. Maybe I'll "see" you there! "dogdigaly" <dogdigaly@discuss...

Add standard header and footer to new worksheet
I am a VBA novice writing an Excel 2002 template. I wish to add a standard header and footer to any new worksheet that is added. My attempt to achieve this has fallen at the first hurdle! Can anyone help me with this? My code is:- Private Sub Workbook_NewSheet(ByVal Sh As Object) Dim ws As Worksheet Dim fs As String fs = "Ariel Size 8" ' Font Size fc = "FF0000" ' Colour = Red Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set ws = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets With ws.PageSetup .LeftHeader = "" .CenterHeader = "My Company Name...

Converting A5 paged document into A4
I have a booklet in A5 page size. I need to convert it into an A4 sized booklet, keeping the same page numbering and the same text on each page but with double the font size - i.e. a Large print copy of the booklet. Is there an easy way of doing this? Hi Gordon, Change to A4, then increase the margins, font size, fixed line heights & table dimensions by as near as you can get to 41.4% to compensate. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uQD9$GqoKHA.5696@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I h...

Formulas in the header?
We want to put the worksheet title (from cell A1) into the header automatically...any way to do that? Formulas aren't working... Inserting fields doesn't work... Anything else I can try? Thanks! Put this in your ThisWorkbook code module (right-click on the workbook title bar and choose View Code): Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets With wkSht .PageSetup.LeftHeader = .Range("A1").Value End With Next wkSht End Sub y...

"This page has an unspecified potential security risk...." ??
Coincident with installing SP3 (and IE8) I've started getting This dialog whenever I double-click on a desktop icon pointing to my WSH box's "Public" share from my XP machine: http://tinyurl.com/yhhu2xf It does not happen with other shares. What's different about this share is that I set it tb the location of "MyDocuments". Is there a way to suppress the dialog? -- PeteCresswell Pete, Suggest you post this issue to a Windows Home Server forum: Windows Home Server http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowshomeserver ...

IMAP accounts sync. duplicate headers
Set up WLM with pop3 and IMAP accounts. pop3 accts. OK... IMAP accts. retrieve duplicate headers of same e-mail. What mail service are you using? If Gmail, you'll want to right click on the All Mail folder under the Gmail account in WLM and select Properties, Synchronization and select not to synch that folder. It's a duplicate of all the other folders -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Mike J" <Mike J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F708D95-2B21-4D50-9240-F57642D534AD@microsoft.com... > Set up WLM with pop3 and IMAP...

capture data form which then links through to page to download fil
Hi. Can someone help please. I'm using frontpage 2003. My boss wants me to create a form to capture data from visitors. That bit is fairly straightforward. What he then wants to do is once visitors fill in the form and click submit he wants them to go through to another page where they can download pdf files of their choice. This is the bit which is causing me problems. How can I configure the form so once visitors fill it in and hit submit they are taken through to this new section, at the same time capturing the information they have put in the form. Any help would be much ...

border format causing the doc to be hundreds of pages long
I have a spreadsheet that is about 6 pages long. Evidently, someone has applied a border to some cells , that seem to go on and on forever. Therefore, the worksheet looks to be hundreds and hundreds of pages... all the extra pages have a bold line down one of the columes. I have tried to select all the range and get rid of the bold , but the spreadsheet goes on forever.. I never get to the end, so the page length keeps getting longer. I know there must be an easy solution... Anyone?? Thanks g It's a good habit to specifically set the print range: Select the range you want print...